• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Light in the Darkness sucks for that kind of duck, you don't want to play that as it's anti tempo.

Blood Knight you don't actually want to take off your own divine shields.

Two drop slot is pretty weak on curve, you just have the Murloc.

Only one Steward in there despite having two Stand with Darkness.

Odd, I posted the first version that I scrapped. This was the version I meant to post:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...53:2;33158:2;35196:2;35219:2;35245:2;35246:2;

It has a pretty limited pool of turn 2 plays though.

Pooya

the new board is just the stormwind board with tentacles.

635969668426001063.png

Tagyhag

Just here for my weekly "Fuck Reno what a stupid broken card" rant.

They better not add anything like it once that adventure leaves standard.

manhack

Sounds like Reno and Divine Favor fall on both ends of the spectrum for cards people hate.

Aggro players hate Reno and Control players hate Divine Favor. Reno punished you for dumping your hand and going face and Divine Favor punished you for holding cards or having a 'greedy deck'.

Both cards require you to build you deck in a specific way that puts you at a disadvantage if you don't draw well or if you face an opponent that can deal with your tech card.

I think both are fine since they create deck archetypes that both need to be in the game to prevent certain decks from becoming super dominant.

Sounds like Reno and Divine Favor fall on both ends of the spectrum for cards people hate.

Aggro players hate Reno and Control players hate Divine Favor. Reno punished you for dumping your hand and going face and Divine Favor punished you for holding cards or having a 'greedy deck'.

Both cards require you to build you deck in a specific way that puts you at a disadvantage if you don't draw well or if you face an opponent that can deal with your tech card.

I think both are fine since they create deck archetypes that both need to be in the game to prevent certain decks from becoming super dominant.

I think Reno is by far stronger than divine favor, although you can only run one of it. I bet the winrate in reno decks where reno is played is through the roof.

Sheroking

I think Reno is by far stronger than divine favor, although you can only run one of it. I bet the winrate in reno decks where reno is played is through the roof.

Reno is a legendary minion that requires it's deck to be built around the interaction. It should be exponentially more powerful than divine favor - and whether or not it's better, it's certainly not exponetial.

I don't respect face decks. I don't think they have any business being viable on any level. Reno pissing off aggro players is the best thing to ever happen to Hearthstone.

They just added a couple more "build your deck around" legendaries.

Reno is more than fine because you are forced to completely change your deck to get the most out of it. A properly constructed deck, which does not include aggro garbage, should never have the slightest problem against that.

And it doesn't.

Reno is a legendary minion that requires it's deck to be build around the interaction. It should be exponentially more powerful than divine favor - and whether or not it's better, it's certainly not exponetial.

I don't respect face decks. I don't think they have any business being viable on any level. Reno pissing off aggro players is the best thing to ever happen to Hearthstone.

You build your deck around divine favor too. I think you're a little biased against face decks, which many people are, and that is why reno is often accepted and divine favor is often rejected. I'm not exactly a fan of face decks either but they definitely should be viable too.

I think the only deck I think reno is a bit broken in is reno warlock. At least arcane golem is getting gutted.

Reno is a legendary minion that requires it's deck to be built around the interaction. It should be exponentially more powerful than divine favor - and whether or not it's better, it's certainly not exponetial.

dont hate

fertygo

I never understand Reno Hate too, because that Deck designed to play from behind that this game fundamentally discourage

29 heal is really nothing with that deck losing and hoping for swing

Tagyhag

My problem with Reno is that 1. 50% percent of people are using it and 2. You can't beat it as a Hunter.

I HAVE to use an semi-aggro deck as a Hunter (I use Beast hunter) so I will lose against every Reno.

It's not fun.

Sheroking

You build your deck around divine favor too.

No, not really. You build that deck to vomit garbage out and rush face. It exists without divine favor, it just has an appropriate weakness against control without Divine Favor.

I think you're a little biased against face decks, which many people are, and that is why reno is often accepted and divine favor is often rejected. I'm not exactly a fan of face decks either but they definitely should be viable too.

I don`t agree.

Any amount of viable face decks makes Hearthstone a worse game. Aggro can exist in the form of Tempo Mage or Zoolock - decks about getting and maintaining board control and piling damage on from there. Not decks where you throw everything in your deck at the opponents face as fast as you can - like Face Shaman, Eboladin or Face Hunter.

If your deck is about running face from turn 1, your deck has no business being successful. Just my opinion.

My problem with Reno is that 1. 50% percent of people are using it and 2. You can't beat it as a Hunter.

I HAVE to use an semi-aggro deck as a Hunter (I use Beast hunter) so I will lose against every Reno.

It's not fun.
I am going to blow your mind: if you stop playing face decks, Blizzard will stop matching you against Reno.

I never understand Reno Hate too, because that Deck designed to play from behind that this game fundamentally discourage

29 heal is really nothing with that deck losing and hoping for swing
Right, "hoping" for the swing. Like there are times when Warlocks don't draw it.

Dahbomb

If C'thun is viable, and I suspect that he is, we will all long for Reno. C'thun is extremely stupid from a value perspective.
Reno is the most handsome, sexy, manly, balanced and genius card in Hearthstone.

Cthun decks represent the potential worst aspects of HS:

*Curve god game play style
*Tons of damage from hand with no ways to counter play

fertygo

I am going to blow your mind: if you stop playing face decks, Blizzard will stop matching you against Reno.

Right, "hoping" for the swing. Like there are times when Warlocks don't draw it.

Eh its still nothing I consistently win against Renolock even when ULTIMATE Gachigasm in work :D

Its hard to play deck, because struggling to curve.. and god knows its the ultimate win condition

Opposed to C'thun, now its a bitch deck, like the opposite of Reno

Tagyhag

Lol sometimes I wonder.

Kind of like how Expert Shaman bot always gets perfect tempo in every game.

Anyways I'm not a fan of using face decks either but with Hunter quests I don't have much versatility. Full on control Hunter is not a good deck.

No, not really. You build that deck to vomit garbage out and rush face. It exists without divine favor, it just has an appropriate weakness against control without Divine Favor.

I don`t agree.

Any amount of viable face decks makes Hearthstone a worse game. Aggro can exist in the form of Tempo Mage or Zoolock - decks about getting and maintaining board control and piling damage on from there. Not decks where you throw everything in your deck at the opponents face as fast as you can - like Face Shaman, Eboladin or Face Hunter.

If your deck is about running face from turn 1, your deck has no business being successful. Just my opinion.

Face decks still sometimes trade. They're about maximizing your damage output with a small amount of tools available to you.

And I think you're wrong about divine favor but I guess this is not a conversation worth having if you're that into your hate of face decks.

At least if aggro dies down, handlock won't be the unstoppable beast it used to be once molten giants are nerfed.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Any ping is very good for arena. I don't see it this card ending up in many constructed decks.

It's one of the best tempo cards in the game so I expect it to be used in every tempo or aggro based warrior deck. It also works as a very good Patron activator.

daemissary

It's not fun.

Midrange hunter crushes the majority of Reno decks.

Dahbomb

Face decks are so easy to counter that if you lose to one, you kind of deserve it.
Sure they are easy to counter if you make your deck entirely anti aggro but then you lose hard to other decks.

And then you try to make a deck that does well against the field but then you get beat by aggro.

Not as easy as it seems.

On the other hand... control decks are way easier to counter. If all I did was play against Control decks I would play Handlock or I would play some random fatigue/mill deck.

Sure they are easy to counter if you make your deck entirely anti aggro but then you lose hard to other decks.

And then you try to make a deck that does well against the field but then you get beat by aggro.

Not as easy as it seems.

On the other hand... control decks are way easier to counter. If all I did was play against Control decks I would play Handlock or I would play some random fatigue/mill deck.
I rarely see or have problems against non-zoolock aggro these days. /shrug

Dahbomb

I rarely see or have problems against non-zoolock aggro these days. /shrug
You should try playing against Aggro Shaman/Hunter while playing Oil Rogue.

Easy to say that when you also play aggro and Grim Patron anti aggro deck.. not as easy when your deck naturally gets countered by aggro decks.

Pooya

If you think everyone plays Reno and it's annoying, wait until next week when everyone plays C'Thun, those decks have 10 health gain cards attached to minion, might as well be a Reno really and the druid one is the great wall of china. If you play face decks, make sure it's shaman. Hunter can't keep up with all this shit.

I personalty think C'Thun decks will be very annoying and boring in a month. I don't like this prebuilt deck direction. It's great for starters but they seemingly went overboard with making them good. One or two of them at least is for sure going to be seen in tournaments. Druid is a lock, it's the only deck you can play really. I'm not sure about warrior, maybe a control warrior without C'Thun works out but that shieldbearer is so good to pass. It's just that you can't run as many removals if you're playing C'Thun cards. Priest one is whatever.

Ken

When's the last day for the WotG preorder thing?

I should also probably buy Blackrock Mountain since I skipped that adventure...

You should try playing against Aggro Shaman/Hunter while playing Oil Rogue.

Easy to say that when you also play aggro and Grim Patron anti aggro deck.. not as easy when your deck naturally gets countered by aggro decks.
Rogue is crap, though. :-/ I keep saying that Rogue's hero power needs a change for the class to work in constructed.

If you think everyone plays Reno and it's annoying, wait until next week when everyone plays C'Thun, those decks have 10 health gain cards attached to minion, might as well be a Reno really and the druid one is the great wall of china. If you play face decks, make sure it's shaman. Hunter can't keep up with all this shit.

I personalty think C'Thun decks will be very annoying and boring in a month. I don't like this prebuilt deck direction. It's great for starters but they seemingly went overboard with making them good. One or two of them at least is for sure going to be seen in tournaments. Druid is a lock, it's the only deck you can play really. I'm not sure about warrior, maybe a control warrior without C'Thun works out but that shieldbearer is so good to pass. It's just that you can run as many removals if you're playing C'Thun cards. Priest one is whatever.
This is exactly my thoughts. After your first time playing tempo until you get nuked for 20 damage across the board, you will never want to see it again, and it won't be easy to stop.

Druid c'thun will be the day 1 option. But rogue c'thun will be the real danger and the 9 mana card is insane in a slow meta.

Then you do brann into stealth and c'thun for like 48 unstoppable damage.

That is the deck I'll be building (pack opening old gods permitting).

V-Faction

That 3 drop is like a neutral SI7 that doesn't need combo for stat penalty but you can play this turn 3 everytime. It's really good, probably should have been a rogue class card...

I think you can play that in any deck. I've tried argent horserider for control oriented paladin decks, it was fine and this is just strictly better. I don't care about divine shield since I'm not hitting face with the card. I'm trading and dealing 2 damage is strictly better than trading.

Yup, that's the card in question. Disciple of C'Thun (the Battlecry 2 damage) is so, so good. The classes I care for didn't actually get a good 3-mana drop this expansion, but this one will do nicely to fill the gap. Turn 3 Disciple of C'Thun; Turn 4 Master of Evolution into a 4-mana cost card. Beautiful.

Everybody get's a C'Thun, and all of the cards are extremely specific about buffing it "wherever it is", so I'd have to assume that includes not in your deck.

I probably won't use C'Thun. In fact, unless he turns out really good, there's no incentive to play it with a Shaman. The effect would have to be ludicrously overpowered where merely having 2 C'Thun-themed cards in your deck would be enough to make him auto-include.

Druid c'thun will be the day 1 option. But rogue c'thun will be the real danger and the 9 mana card is insane in a slow meta.

Then you do brann into stealth and c'thun for like 48 unstoppable damage.

That is the deck I'll be building (pack opening old gods permitting).
Good luck drawing both of your legendaries.

There are very few 90/10 matchups. Even aggro can be a 40/60 against the counter decks.
Oh, no doubt.

Pooya

it's there so that when it happens I say I called it.

I think it's an oversight that there is no way to debuff opponent's C'Thun. The cards' effect all trigger at 10 attack on C'Thun and all it takes is to play two vanilla minions before turn 6-7, it's very easy to hit it, it might be some tempo loss but it's not huge and your deck provides that sustain. Compared with other tribe synergies we have, this is the easiest. You can't guarantee a dragon in hand all the time as there are few playable ones and sometimes you can't play the dragon in your hand because it's the only one, or you need to have a mech stick on board to really have that strong tempo synergy to work on your next turn. There is no way to prevent C'Thun synergys cards to work. Twin Emperor is always going to dump 10 mana value and 20 stats on board for 7 and they always heal for 10...
or you're just dead for sure after C'Thun reaches high enough number, there is no counter play. I think these decks are too easy to play and their power level is seemingly more than good enough, they went too far.

Top Bottom