• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I guess they are betting on c'thun decks countering it. Or more to the point, they are betting on people spending a few months trying to counter it. If it doesn't work out, they can always nerf again.

C'Thun Priest probably counters it almost just as hard as Control Warrior does. After Alexstrasza plops down they can play a single Twilight Darkmender and kill Alex and go "lol try and kill me now".

C'Thun Priest probably counters it almost just as hard as Control Warrior does. After Alexstrasza plops down they can play a single Twilight Darkmender and kill Alex and go "lol try and kill me now".

I wish this were true. Had a match recently where they pyro'd face, I healbotted to 28, and still lost to straight burn. 13 from fireball+fireball ping after 15 damage from frostbolt/ice lance. And a priest might survive that because of hero power, but then you add in that LOE burn spell... All this without the use of alex or even spell power. I don't even think they loatheb'd. Not to mention they added a 2 spellpower minion, which buffs frostbolt 2x, ice lance x2, from 14 to 22 damage.

Also, this mage barely even cycled his deck compared to the average. The only thing going for the priest come standard is no mad scientist, but at the loss of loatheb.

Apathy

Yup, darkmender, sw:d, hero power. Everyone else though now that healbot is gone is SOL

Levi

Banned
So, whos going to be they get boogeymonster first? cause pretty sure I'll get it first out of terrible luck

Pretty sure my first legendary is going to be Pat Nagle. ��

Preview of the BGH Nerf, lol.

pqtXZaL.jpg

Turn 5 win vs a POS Freeze Mage. (Also, How rigged is it that when I give up on Warrior after seeing nothing but Combo Druid and Anyfin Pally, I queue up vs a freeze mage?)

Apathy

I wonder what on the first day people will play to counter the cthun decks, and try to be thopse first to climb the ladder

Crosseyes

Banned
Gonna get my last few games in of reincarnate shaman before moving into standard. Cthun sounds like a ton of fun but being able to have 3 kel thuzads, army of cairnes, or endless al-akirs from ancestral spirit, reincarnate, after being discounted by far sight or emperor was the most fun I've ever had in hearthstone.

May see how high I can climb with it. I'm at 11 now, beat pretty much any midrange or control deck if I play around their board clears and follow up with value they could only dream of but great aggro draws tend to be too much for me to handle.

Have tricked a lot of players into thinking I'm aggro shaman when I go trogg into totem golem or feral spirit though. They waste a silence or transform on a piece of garbage and I'm like, "oh buddy you're gonna regret that."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey Dahbomb, I just realized something about Forbidden Ancient.

Brann synergy.

happytears.gif

bjaelke

So glad that I got Golden Druid before Standard, from the looks of things Druid will still be competitive in the meta but will require a bunch of new (expensive) cards like Fandral Staghelm to be top tier.

But at least it will be fun and interactive™ moving forward.

Hey Dahbomb, I just realized something about Forbidden Ancient.

Brann synergy.

happytears.gif
I don't think this works, it's battlecry makes it spend all your mana crystals, you can't do that twice. So if you have 4 mana it'd spend 4 mana, make it a 4/4, then spend all your mana again, it stays a 4/4.

Tarazet

I wonder what on the first day people will play to counter the cthun decks, and try to be thopse first to climb the ladder

My plan is to craft Anomalus and play a Malygos Freeze Mage. But I don't care about climbing the ladder, I just want to crush the few games I do play.

Levi

Banned
Day one of the new expansion is just gonna be a bunch of greedy fuckers with aggro lists trying to feast on unoptimized decks. Don't expect any, you know, fun.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I mean isn't the answer to C'thun decks some gnarly aggro that won't let the game go to turn 10? If not that, then run rogue with that Blade of C'thun and counter it with itself.

Owzers

That's why you jump into arena.

i am going to use my 600 gold on arena start-up instead of extra packs, still thinking on pre-ordering for the bonus packs since i used the rest of my gold before for classic packs...

I'm going to try to reno-deck my way to 12 wins for the 13 extra packs. I have no expectations for doing well.

Pooya

priest isn't going to counter freeze mage ever, you won't get the chance to heal if the mage player knows how to play the match up.

As I said earlier, it will be more important for freeze mage decks to be OTK capable. Malygos decks can even beat control warrior at times. The recently emerging torch mage is similar, there is so much burn that you don't need Antonidas or Alex set up. When Emperor goes away I guess it will be 'nerfed'.

Brann + Twin Emperor followed by C'Thun the following turn should be pretty gross. If you don't have a way to get through/bypass the taunts and kill Brann then you're just done.

Of course you'll have to be able to make it to turn 10 without needing to play your Twin Emperor.

Apathy

So what is everyone's favorite Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary card of the set leading up to release?

Mine...

N'zoth probably my favorite Old God due to the Deathrattle flavor.

Minion-

Common: Flamewreathed Faceless (are you kidding me, this thing is commong?!?!)
Rare: Master of Evolution
Epic: Shadowcaster
Legendary: Twin Emperor Vek'lor
God: C'thun

Spell -
Common: Shadowstrike
Rare: Blood to Ichor, maybe Evolve
Epic: Call of the Wild

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Do we get to disenchant for full dust?

Do we get to disenchant for full dust?

Nerfed cards yes (except for Hunter's Mark which is part of the Basic Set and can't be crafted or dusted), cards rotating out of Standard no.

When Patch 5.0 arrives, changes will be coming to certain Basic and Classic cards. You can view the full explanation behind these changes in our Keeping Hearthstone Fresh blog.

Classic cards that are changed as a result of Patch 5.0 are eligible to be disenchanted for their full Arcane Dust value until May 10th PDT. If you would like to disenchant these cards for their full Arcane Dust value, please do so before May 10th PDT. Hunter’s Mark is excluded from this list because Basic cards cannot be crafted or disenchanted.

The list of cards eligible to be disenchanted for their full Arcane Dust value can be found below:

Ancient of Lore
Force of Nature
Keeper of the Grove
Ironbeak Owl
Big Game Hunter
Blade Flurry
Knife Juggler
Leper Gnome
Arcane Golem
Molten Giant
Master of Disguise

Pooya

Evolve has a lot of cool combos.

Like the twin emperor are both 7 drops, you get two 8 drops. They can turn into Tirion for example, 8 drops are just all good I think

Your new taunt minion is a 6 drop that you play for discount but still counts as 6 that turns into 7.

I saw someone mentioning Kodorider too, 6 drops with 5 drop tokens and a hero power 1 mana. Turns into a 7, a 6 and a 2 drop for 9 mana. Well, shaman has some good way to get back on board I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Evolve is sounding like it may end up too powerful. I guess we will see, but its one card I could see actually getting nerfed from the set, to either be single target or cost more mana.

Common - Bladed Cultist
A potential 1-mana 2/3 that can only be activated Turn 1 through some Rogue tricks. I like it.

Rare - Darkshire Librarian
This card is definitely the most interesting Rare. It cycles through your deck, but the danger is that you lose an option on casting it. I think this card is fantastic though since it's a solid enabler for Discard decks that might exist one day.

Epic - Shadowcaster
Copies a minion into your hand and makes it cost 1? A unique card that wouldn't easily be possible in paper CCGs.

Legendary - Deathwing, Dragonlord
He's big, he's huge, and when he dies you've earned the wrath of all the dragons of Azeroth... well, the ones in your opponents hand.

What do you guys think of this C'Thun Druid deck I just threw together?
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...14:2;33121:1;33123:2;33162:1;35189:2;35196:2;

I'd like to fit Brann in, but I wasn't sure what to drop. Maybe Savage Roar. But I think Savage Roar could be a good finisher.

I don't think you need Wild Growth, honestly. Darnassus seems like a better fit in this deck as far as Ramp goes - most of your cards are 3/4/5s - but Brann could fit into this slot along with another Klaxxi Amber Weaver or Mire Keeper.

Don't Whelps cost 1 Mana? Sounds like a good way to get a Doomsayer!

4% chance if I did my math right.

Jrmint

My thoughts about Amber Weaver were that it'd be hard to get C'Thun to 10 attack by turn 4. Maybe just 1 WG is better, I prefer it much more over Aspirant.

Yeah, it's a bit tough without actually playing it but I kind of get the feeling Blizzard underestimated how powerful the evolve effect will be.

One mana to upgrade your entire board is pretty insane and it's essentially a free effect on one minion with no stat loss with Master of Evolution.

Regardless, it's definitely a better class theme than murlocs and overload so I hope they stick with it.

Top Bottom