• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

I will play Hunter to grind those early games for the packs.

Or maybe Renolock if I can get away with it (not likely because I feel there will be enough aggro farmers on that day).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What are you guys going to be playing the first days after standard hit? I'm going to try with chtun druid , like many others I guess.

C'thun Druid, Midrange Hunter, and Midrange Shaman all seem like very strong options.

Day after the patch hits I'm gonna try to throw together a competent priest deck so I can knock out my Standard wins for packs. Then I'll play arena for a few weeks and wait for the meta to calm down before I start spending dust/gold on cards/packs. Didn't buy the 50 pack boost - I'm basically free-to-play scum.

Dahbomb

Handlock too.

Control Priest is an iffy one, some of the board clears end up being not enough and some degenerate minions go through applying tons of pressure. Same issue Control Warrior has.

In standard though I think Zoolock should be well contained by control decks without all the degenerate minions.

Dahbomb

Just noticed Tempostorm put Concede Mage as #1 on the snapshot. Guess they're trying to see just how many people blindly follow it lol.
It's because they trolled for the past few lists but people thought it was real and deluded themselves into thinking Secret Paladin isn't a tier 1 deck.

Now they had to make it more blatant. Reminds me of Michaelangelo pointing at the golden rule lines in his paintings:

Michelangelo-golden-ratio-artistry-wit-360x200.jpg

Dre

Can't even get to Rank 15 now. I'm thinking I need to try using a different class than Paladin, any suggestions?

Depends on the kind of decks you encounter. Zoolock, Hybrid Hunter and Patron Warrior should all get you easily to rank 15.

Nice dude, standard is in two days and I just learned how to properly play tempo mage after months of being mediocre at it.

PULL MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER FROM PORTAL
BOTH SECRETS IN MY HAND
FML

Dahbomb

The MCT to steal the MC was game winning god damn....

No way the Druid could've won from that state.

Well the Secret Paladin gets revenge against Tempostorm patented tier 1 Elise CW.

Ladekabel

So after the nerfs, I have enough dust for a legendary. I scrape enought money and got the 50 packs preordered. Additional I have roughly 33 packs from gold plus the 13 free packs. So I'm quite set for WotOG.

I'm looking to craft either Ysera, Grom or Tirion. I leaning towards Ysera because I can put her in more decks. I love Grom but I'm not sure if I can afford Control Warrior since I'm missing 1 Shield Slam and 2 Brawls (maybe I craft them with the dust...). Tirion is also a card I like and if there will be a N'Zoth Paladin or another viable Control Paladin I can see myself playing it because I quite enjoy playing Midrange Paladin.

Anyone can help?

So after the nerfs, I have enough dust for a legendary. I scrape enought money and got the 50 packs preordered. Additional I have roughly 33 packs from gold plus the 13 free packs. So I'm quite set for WotOG.

I'm looking to craft either Ysera, Grom or Tirion. I leaning towards Ysera because I can put her in more decks. I love Grom but I'm not sure if I can afford Control Warrior since I'm missing 1 Shield Slam and 2 Brawls (maybe I craft them with the dust...). Tirion is also a card I like and if there will be a N'Zoth Paladin or another viable Control Paladin I can see myself playing it because I quite enjoy playing Midrange Paladin.

Anyone can help?

Best advice I can give is just wait and see. It's generally not advised to craft legendaries around the release of a new expansion because really anything can happen. Cards thought to be very good turn out not to be and cards written off as underwhelming turn out to be stars.

That said, Tirion and Grom will always be near the top of the pecking order, especially Tirion. You can never go wrong crafting Tirion. Ysera will always be a good card too but she drifts in and out a lot.

Anyone can help?

Grom and Tirion are essential to the control archetype for their classes. Ysera is just a very good card, that, in fairness, can quickly spiral out of control if your opponent can't deal with it. But that goes for a lot of cards.

I would go with the one from Grom and Tirion that most matches your playstyle. Probably Tirion since you said you like Midrange Paladin. I think he'll always be good unless he gets nerfed to the ground which won't be for awhile anyway.

As far as Warrior, I don't think double Brawl is hugely necessary. I got by with one for quite awhile. Shield Slams are definitely needed though.

Levi

Banned

Anyone can help?

Ysera is nice but a bit slow. If the meta actually slows down, this is the clear best choice.

Grom is usually in expensive control decks or as an alternate win condition in a Patron deck.

Tirion is excellent and fits in all but the most aggressive Paladin decks--no idea how good Pally is going to be in the new meta, though.

Of those, I'd pick Grom but warrior is favorite class so YMMV.

Anyone can help?
All three are amazing. You can't go wrong with any. I have the first two, and they're both game-winners in different situations.

Ysera is good in control decks. So you can get Ysera and still put her in Control Warrior. I use her in Patron Warrior and she wins games for me because no one saves up anything to deal with her.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What are you guys going to be playing the first days after standard hit? I'm going to try with chtun druid , like many others I guess.

Weirdly Discardlock is calling to me. It's getting a decent buff from standard and even if it is bad it will still wreck all the people trying out the new control cards.

Otherwise I want to try out Reno Healidan. I also really want to try out Yogg but not sure what deck to do it with.

Nothing is really calling me in the race to find the next tier 1 deck since I seem to agree with the common consensus that Midrange Shaman and C'thun will be the two new ones and neither deck needs that much creativity to build.

Alright, I need help.

I decided to pre-order WotOG. I downloaded the Amazon Underground store on my Android phone, bought 10,000 coins, re-downloaded Hearthstone through their App, and went to purchase the pre-order.

However, when I try to purchase the pre-order, it says my Amazon Underground is out of date. I have no idea how to force Amazon Underground to update.

Any thoughts or pointers?

Ladekabel

Best advice I can give is just wait and see. It's generally not advised to craft legendaries around the release of a new expansion because really anything can happen. Cards thought to be very good turn out not to be and cards written off as underwhelming turn out to be stars.

That said, Tirion and Grom will always be near the top of the pecking order, especially Tirion. You can never go wrong crafting Tirion. Ysera will always be a good card too but she drifts in and out a lot.

Grom and Tirion are essential to the control archetype for their classes. Ysera is just a very good card, that, in fairness, can quickly spiral out of control if your opponent can't deal with it. But that goes for a lot of cards.

I would go with the one from Grom and Tirion that most matches your playstyle. Probably Tirion since you said you like Midrange Paladin. I think he'll always be good unless he gets nerfed to the ground which won't be for awhile anyway.

As far as Warrior, I don't think double Brawl is hugely necessary. I got by with one for quite awhile. Shield Slams are definitely needed though.

Tirion is played in all but the most aggressive Secret Paladin lists. I would probably craft that to be honest.

Ysera is nice but a bit slow. If the meta actually slows down, this is the clear best choice.

Grom is usually in expensive control decks or as an alternate win condition in a Patron deck.

Tirion is excellent and fits in all but the most aggressive Paladin decks--no idea how good Pally is going to be in the new meta, though.

Of those, I'd pick Grom but warrior is favorite class so YMMV.

All three are amazing. You can't go wrong with any. I have the first two, and they're both game-winners in different situations.

Ysera is good in control decks. So you can get Ysera and still put her in Control Warrior. I use her in Patron Warrior and she wins games for me because no one saves up anything to deal with her.

I would lean towards tirion, but I would say wait till after the expansion and what cards you get

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'll wait a little time and decided then. From leaning towards Ysera it is now a toss up between Grom and Tirion. My main reason for Ysera was Dragon Priest but I'll have to see how that'll fare in Standard since I enjoy playing MonkeyPriest more at the moment.

squidyj

Or maybe Renolock if I can get away with it (not likely because I feel there will be enough aggro farmers on that day).

yeah I'm not going to spend money this time around because I'm pretty sure I'll fall off pretty quick. so I've got my gold packs and I want to avoid doing any crafting until I get those additional 13 packs. I'm at dumpster tier rank though so I can probably win with anything.

So...come Tuesday I imagine this thread will become pretty image heavy. csnt wait to see all the packs that will be posted. Soon. So soon.

Hope my internet is ready.

Apathy

So...come Tuesday I imagine this thread will become pretty image heavy. csnt wait to see all the packs that will be posted. Soon. So soon.

Hope my internet is ready.

I'll make sure to post a pic of my cthun and go "guys look at this amazing legendary I got!!!!”

same. best day 1 deck is probably gonna be the aggro ones that dont care much about the new cards

Top Bottom