• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

fertygo

I will pay Blizzard as much money as they want if they'd let me play in games with quicker turns. Going to the rope on turn one, especially after they've made a move already, is the fucking worst.

Just Alt + tab, not really hard to do

peep maybe play while at twitter and shit

bjaelke

I always play in windowed mode, it's still frustrating when people take an unreasonable amount of time.

They might likewise be playing in windowed mode and forget to end their turn because they're doing something else at the same time. Happens to the best of us.

They might likewise be playing in windowed mode and forget to end their turn because they're doing something else at the same time. Happens to the best of us.

Yeah, I get that it happens every now and then. I still think that anyone who lets it happen when playing with me literally deserves to die. Blizzard, give me speed Hearthstone!

bjaelke

Trying to come up with a top 10 list for this set is proving just as hard as I predicted. C'Thun's popularity in particularly is causing some problems.
Yeah, I get that it happens every now and then. I still think that anyone who lets it happen when playing with me literally deserves to die. Blizzard, give me speed Hearthstone!

Intentionally roping is a crime, agreed. I was playing some Football Manager on a second screen last night just to pass time in between turns. In two weeks I'll be moving on to Stellaris, which can be played the same way.

Dahbomb

You mean jouster right? not auctioneer

Was watching the card review tonight, and glad more people are finally agreeing the priest legendary is garbage tier.
It's not garbage tier, people are being harsh on it.

Though not as good as it should be.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
To me it just seems really hard to use. I think the average case is you get 1 or 2 generic 1/1 tokens. Is that good enough? It will very often end up a vanilla 5/5 for 6.

bjaelke

To me it just seems really hard to use. I think the average case is you get 1 or 2 generic 1/1 tokens. Is that good enough? It will very often end up a vanilla 5/5 for 6.

You're obviously playing a lot of cards that would benefit from getting copied so you don't get those "generic" tokens. Either they have a deathrattle or a passive effect. At least in theory. Priest will have some trouble maintaining board control so I'd be surprised to see more than 2 minions on board at any given time.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played in ages but I'm honestly thinking about having my creditcard bleed for the 50 packs...

want to get back into the game, but I don't even have friends on my battle.net account..some people want to become friends :)? PM would be great.

Re: priest legend

Copying that thoughtsteal 4/3 would be good in control match ups. I'm having a hard time seeing what to copy that would be good against aggro though, in the toolset that is used or might be used in priest. Seems like at best you're getting a 1/1 taunt.

And I think copying higher cost minions like sylvanas seems a bit too rare to be worth much in the long run.

I wouldn't discount the card entirely, but it seems fairly unplayable.

Pooya

that card only makes sense in a minion heavy midrange priest deck with minions that have active abilities or DRs, except that priest doesn't have access to any of those worth playing in a priest deck. Their new cards have zero synergy with it.

bjaelke

Thanks guys, I got one more question though. Ben Brode said we get two quests for 5 free wog packs on the live stream right.

So do we get the two quests for 5 packs each + the three packs for logging in during the wog launch?

Yes, a total of 13 packs + C'Thun and 2 x Beckoner of Evil

Thanks guys, I got one more question though. Ben Brode said we get two quests for 5 free wog packs on the live stream right.

So do we get the two quests for 5 packs each + the three packs for logging in during the wog launch?

not sure how the quests work if it's part of the regular queue. Like if you have 3 quests already and 3 backlogged, do the new pop up. But yes the two 5 pack quests are win 2 games in standard and win 5 games in standard. Not sure if they count simultaneously or you have to win 7 games in total. 3 is from just logging into the game during launch

bjaelke

not sure how the quests work if it's part of the regular queue. Like if you have 3 quests already and 3 backlogged, do the new pop up. But yes the two 5 pack quests are win 2 games in standard and win 5 games in standard. Not sure if they count simultaneously or you have to win 7 games in total. 3 is from just logging into the game during launch
You get the 5 win quest after completing the 2 win quest. They show up as normal quests: "You don't need a free slot, we will delete your lowest progress quest to make space for these new legendary quests."

Pooya

make sure you have free space on your quest log, the standard quest otherwise will overwrite one of your quests. Counting the daily you get that day you need two spaces, it's better to clear it up before 26th.

You get the 5 win quest after completing the 2 win quest. They show up as normal quests: "You don't need a free slot, we will delete your lowest progress quest to make space for these new legendary quests."

make sure you have free space on your quest log, the standard quest otherwise will overwrite one of your quests. Counting the daily you get that day you need two spaces, it's better to clear it up before 26th.

ok. I got the backlog, so I'm trying to finish them over the weekend

StayDead

Saw my stepbrother buy some packs last night and folded myself so brought 15 TGT packs. Got Fjola, but was hoping for something else.

I need some self control with pack purchases haha. They're just far too easy to buy as a quick feel good kinda fix.

bjaelke

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Not necessarily, they've tried to release stuff in the middle of the night EU before to attempt to avoid downtime.

greepoman

Probably a modified form form of my hybrid hunter deck to get those 10 extra packs ASAP.

How does that do against aggro shammy? Pretty sure most people will play that trying to get packs asap. What are other counters? Seems like zoo will need too many replacements to play off the bat.

Apathy

Why would you want classes to have similar cards? Every class has their own strengths and weaknesses, mage's strength is their high damage spells.

because, in constructed it's barely played, but when it comes to brawls like this one today when you can discover things, it's crazy. Put aside the fact that mages get a distinct advantage in these dicover spell bralws as they can keep popping polymorphs and flamestrikes, they also find shit like a 10 mana 10 damage spell. So working with a limited toolset in some classes (mostly warrior), they only need to get you to 10 and have a pyroblast, which is very very easy. Other classes should get the same benefit in that sense

Danj

Can't even get to Rank 15 now. I'm thinking I need to try using a different class than Paladin, any suggestions?

Top Bottom