• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

KuroNeeko

I never thought I'd say this, but the Vilefin Inquisitor and Ragnaros, Lightlord are really making me consider Paladin for the first time since BRM first came out.

I imagine the former, when coupled with Murloc Knight would be a Midrangeish Control deck and the latter would be straight up control.

Other than Tirion, what are some other Controlly Paladin-type cards? Lay on Hands? I may even try Dragon Pally again and craft Ysera.

Legendaries I'm thinking about crafting are

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Tirion
Ysera (I play a lot of priest)
Xaril (and rogue)
Yoggy Baby
New shaman legendary (my third class)

Dahbomb

Talk about throwing this game LMAO!

Playing so well in the early and mid game then throwing it at the end SMH...

Once's a Hunter.... ALWAYS a Hunter!

Something like this? I have Dr. Boom and the adventures but not Leeroy or Gormok.

This is the list I got rank 5 with. Worked pretty well for me and Dr. Boom is the only non-adventure legendary.

seagiantjtbs8.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Talk about throwing this game LMAO!

Playing so well in the early and mid game then throwing it at the end SMH...

Once's a Hunter.... ALWAYS a Hunter!

It was so bad I honestly suspect match fixing.

Nachos

Alright, I need help.

I decided to pre-order WotOG. I downloaded the Amazon Underground store on my Android phone, bought 10,000 coins, re-downloaded Hearthstone through their App, and went to purchase the pre-order.

However, when I try to purchase the pre-order, it says my Amazon Underground is out of date. I have no idea how to force Amazon Underground to update.

Any thoughts or pointers?
Recently did something similar. You should be able to update from the Settings menu, after hitting the Version and Release Notes Upton. Though, if you're still having problems and have Windows, I'd recommend just using the AmiDuOS emulator. Comes with the Amazon app right out of the gate and doesn't need much tinkering, aside from maybe enabling unknown sources from the emulated phone settings. I had to go that way because the Amazon version of Hearthstone kept crashing, if it wasn't crashing my entire phone.

Lol this ultima kid, bm gets punished

That shit eating grin and wave got instant karma

He's having fun and playing the game. He played pretty poorly there at the end, but I can hardly blame the dude for enjoying himself. A few players here could learn from him.

Dahbomb

They made a poll on Reddit for the best/worst cards in WotG:

Top 10 in order:

Call of the Wild
Master of Evolution
Cthun
Eternal Sentinel
Twin Emperor Veklor
Flamewreathed Faceless
Faceless Summoner
Dark Arrokoa
Evolve
Thing from Below

So basically all of them are Cthun cards, Shaman card plus a Mage/Hunter card.

Apathy

Top 10 in order:

Call of the Wild
Master of Evolution
Cthun
Eternal Sentinel
Twin Emperor Veklor
Flamewreathed Faceless
Faceless Summoner
Dark Arrokoa
Evolve
Thing from Below

And a druid card

Call of the wild is just nuts.

Something to consider that I haven't seen anyone mention yet: Majordomo gets a lot better with Druid combo, Haunted Creeper, Piloted Shredder, Minibot, Muster, and Arcane Golem leaving. Now, whether or not that's enough that it might see Competitive play is something completely different.

Dahbomb

Something to consider that I haven't seen anyone mention yet: Majordomo gets a lot better with Druid combo, Haunted Creeper, Piloted Shredder, Minibot, Muster, and Arcane Golem leaving. Now, whether or not that's enough that it might see Competitive play is something completely different.
There's still enough burst damage to go around.

It might be better but it's still pretty bad in most cases. Though what actually makes it better is the BGH nerf. Before you could kill it and have a bunch of mana spared to do 8 damage as well... now it's a bit harder.

C'thun
call of the wild
shaman's fel reaver
twins
xaril
thing from below
ragnaros lightlord
fiery bat
mire keeper
n'zoth

Not order specific, but top 10. N'zoth might not be good this expansion.

Top 10 in order:

Call of the Wild
Master of Evolution
Cthun
Eternal Sentinel
Twin Emperor Veklor
Flamewreathed Faceless
Faceless Summoner
Dark Arrokoa
Evolve
Thing from Below

ROFL 5 Shaman cards, I want to dispute them but besides Thing from Below I feel like the rest could indeed be incredibly strong.

I wonder if standard is just gonna be C'Thun vs Shaman, probably not but they'll be rampant.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay, so if you guys have been missing the streams that Dahbomb and I have been doing, the archives are going onto YouTube.

Nerfs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9gk2b6TiM
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEyribm5zo
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNjBqVbBLPU

And as a reminder, I am still taking submissions for your thoughts on the most overrated and underrated cards of the set You can see the rules HERE. Just send me a PM. Come on! We can't do it if you guys don't send them in, and I know you guys wanna put your fellow GAF members on blast!

Part 3 is up now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad3bnY6nlog

I could also still use some submissions for underrated and overrated cards, guys!

Pooya

evolved kobold + fan of knives.

-4+3 mana
-draw a card
-deal 3 damage to all minions
-develop a 2/2
-keep your dagger
-Can be casted without pre turn set up with prep right on turn 4.
-Very hard to do more than 3 damage with spelldamage.
-Can throw a 4 damage backstab right on that turn.

dagger up+ deadly+ blade flurry.

-2+1+4 mana.
-no card draw
-deal 3 damage to all minions
-develop nothing
-lose your dagger
-With prep it still cost 4 mana in a turn if you don't have daggers up. It needs a pre turn set up to cost less with prep.
- Can do more damage if you throw in another deadly.

hmm. Maybe rogue can just live with fans, just use them more responsibly unlike how it is used right now.

Recently did something similar. You should be able to update from the Settings menu, after hitting the Version and Release Notes Upton. Though, if you're still having problems and have Windows, I'd recommend just using the AmiDuOS emulator. Comes with the Amazon app right out of the gate and doesn't need much tinkering, aside from maybe enabling unknown sources from the emulated phone settings. I had to go that way because the Amazon version of Hearthstone kept crashing, if it wasn't crashing my entire phone.

I get stuck on the "Waiting for Authorization" screen with an emulator. Thoughts?

So...come Tuesday I imagine this thread will become pretty image heavy. csnt wait to see all the packs that will be posted. Soon. So soon.

Hope my internet is ready.

I just got my internet upgraded so I hope to stream my pack opening.

You can already play a bunch of stupid decks in HS, the issue is that they get punished by all the strong decks.

Yeah. Yeah.....

=(

It sucks but this is the game we play. Concede decks can be fun though.

Oh my yes. Saved. I love playing Astral Communion Druid. I don't have regular Deathwing. Maybe I should craft one.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh my yes. Saved. I love playing Astral Communion Druid. I don't have regular Deathwing. Maybe I should craft one.

Regular Deathwing is basically your MVP in an Astral Communion Druid. There's no better topdeck. Y'Shaarj should also be extremely good here.

True, and it does set you up for a turn two Y'shaarj for complete stupidity.

I didn't throw in Innervate because it's a nightmare topdeck once you play Astral.

Regular Deathwing is basically your MVP in an Astral Communion Druid. There's no better topdeck. Y'Shaarj should also be extremely good here.

I didn't throw in Innervate because it's a nightmare topdeck once you play Astral.

Ah, didn't realize that. I say put it in there if only for the homerun play of innervate + coin + Astral for Turn two Y'shaarj.

Dragner

Yeah deathwing is insane on astral druid. Probably one of the best cards and the one that wins you the game 100% of the time.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to the 1 hour long video of someone setting up a 1000 spell Yogg with Lorewalker Cho and just watching it go until someone dies.

Dahbomb

If we are going to put stupid decks then I am going to post a stupid one too:

Yogg Mage deck. All in.

Rhonin and Antonidas are in there as extra spell generators. Stuff like Ethereal Conjurer, Saraad and Spellslinger can generate additional spells while being a body.

You really need some healing in this deck somewhere though.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Yeah.....

=(

It sucks but this is the game we play. Concede decks can be fun though.

That's the biggest reason to look forward to new expansions. For about a week you get a meta where everyone only plays concede decks and no one plays aggro as everyone tries out their new cards.

Top Bottom