• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I just got my internet upgraded so I hope to stream my pack opening.

Yeah. Yeah.....

=(

It sucks but this is the game we play. Concede decks can be fun though.

Oh my yes. Saved. I love playing Astral Communion Druid. I don't have regular Deathwing. Maybe I should craft one.
Be sure to post your twitch so we can watch.

Dart

Alright, after 3 hours of trying different things, I give up. You win, Amazon and Blizzard. I won't pre-order WotOG or buy any packs.
I literally spent most of my day trying to figure that out last week just to save a few bucks, wasn't worth it tbh (unless you already have android/emulator)

Also Just reached rank 5 for the first time ever!
Using only control priest, I'm proud of myself :)

Cg1qBU6UkAAKczr

Levi

Banned
I literally spent most of my day trying to figure that out last week just to save a few bucks, wasn't worth it tbh (unless you already have android/emulator)

What's your list?

Cg1qBU6UkAAKczr
Grats man! That takes patience!

FeD.nL

I really think Rallying Blade is going to be huge for pally's and not even because of the battlecry. Just having a 3/2 weapon is great in a class that doesn't have that many options to deal 3 damage. Putting it in the 3 slot is fine since pally's don't have a lot to do there now with muster leaving. And having a 3 atk weapon in the class that has access to keeper is insane.

Like any Shaman that's thinking about putting down Flamewreathed Faceless turn 4 while the paladin has Rallying Blade equipped is going to have to consider twice.

Pooya

paladin in general is probably still the best counter to shaman despite losing their early stuff.

I'm confident you can build a midrange deck that just blows aggro shaman out of the game and does very well against midrange.

Have you tried using an emulator, see if you can do it from there, or contacting amazon customer support. Don't want you to miss out on tuesday fun
I tried Amazon support, and they weren't any help. I tried two phones and an emulator. Now my shop is locked up and I can't access it. I'll still get the 13 free packs, so I won't be completely left out.

I was hoping to get 50 WotOG packs and 40 Classic packs, and hopefully expand my collection enough that for the first time since release, I wouldn't have to play an aggro deck. Like a nice refreshing start. Oh well.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. :)

Owzers

I caved and pre-ordered WotG, i don't use amazon coins, i wait for itunes cards to go on sale and buy a $50 for $40 around when stuff is announced.

Dart

What's your list?

At the moment this:

x2 Circle of healing
x2 Flash Heal
x2 PW:S
x2 Northshire Cleric
x2 Museum Curator
Wild Pyromancer
SW:D
x2 Velen's Chosen
x2 Acolyte of Pain
x2 Deathlord
x2 Auchenai
Elise Starseeker
Holy Nova
Sludge Belcher
x2 Entomb
x2 lightbomb
Cabal Shadow Priest
Justicar
Confessor Paletress

I switch a few cards around now & then, to keep things interesting

Dahbomb

Shaman was also going to be amazing after TGT, relax your expectations, we actually needed LoE to see a good shaman deck.
A single good card in LoE allowed the usage of cards like Totem Golem, Ancestral Knowledge and Lava Shock to sky rocket in terms of playability.

There are other Shaman cards in TGT that are like that. Once a good Midrange and Control Shaman deck is solidified then a lot more of these Shaman cards will see play.

Shaman was also going to be amazing after TGT, relax your expectations, we actually needed LoE to see a good shaman deck.

But now they have their TGT cards AND these new WOG cards.

Also, if Shaman does turn out to be very good, they'll probably be terrible next year as they'll lose their TGT cards and Blizzard probably won't be inclined to give them a lot of great cards again. What other classes gained a lot in TGT? None of them more than Shaman right? Paladin will lose some with Murloc Knight, Seal of Champions and MC leaving.

I think Shaman will be good and finally relevant outside of just a dumb face deck but I'm also not sold on them being the almighty king of the mountain like some people are painting them to be.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, it was hard to gauge TGT because we still had all the other set cards like Naxx and GvG which made some of the slower cards not really pan out. On top of all these cards, taking out SO MUCH is going to impact the game more than it ever has been which shakes things up a lot.

My early guess is that Priest is going to be the worst and Shaman will be solid after this. I also expect midrange Hunter to be extremely good, probably the first deck I want to try based off packs I get.

Dahbomb

Stuff working in Shaman's favor:

*Lots of huge minions with crazy abilities, Hex is a lot more powerful now.

*Far less weenie, deathrattle minions that spawn more minions... Shaman board clears are better now.

*Two Silence cards got nerfed, Earthshock remains the best Silence card in the game on top of also having Hex.

*Naxx and GvG didn't do much for Shaman where as they gave other classes crazy tools. Just removing Naxx and GvG puts Shaman at a more even footing with the rest of the classes.

*TGT and LoE gave Shaman some really great cards... honestly only Druid had about as good cards received from LoE.

*Minus Mech Shaman, most of the current playable Shaman decks still function largely the same.

*By far Shaman got the best cards in WotG.

If even now Shaman is pigeon holed into a single viable archetype then the issue is simply that the class is poorly designed and needs an overhaul.

fertygo

No way Shaman won't be crazy, they going from inefficient gimmick to having all the most efficient tool

Like that 3/2 overload removal, its batshit they even add that on top those batshitness

Shaman got some great tools, but I think some of them are being heavily overrated judging from that top 10 list from reddit.

I think a midrange deck may perform fine though, if it remains a good match up against control warrior.

Szadek

Shaman lost Neptulon,which is a pretty important card for control decks since the class still lacks good draw.
Losing the deathrattle minions also sucks a bit since it's a board control class,unless you play malygos shaman.

In the end the other classes probably lost more than shaman, so I guess it's going to be alright.

Dahbomb

One of the stupidest things in the game is having that 6 mana 4/4 in hand at start of game as a Shaman.

You play out your curve, turn 3 that 4/4 costs 3 you put it down. It will probably survive any trade, then you play Master of Evolution on it and you win the game.

Late game you can play it for free then Evolve it with the 1 mana spell for a 7 mana minion...

I improperly evaluated this card in my initial review... I think this card is much better than I expected in Shaman particularly. The evolution aspect of Shaman puts the card a bit over the top.

fertygo

One of the stupidest things in the game is having that 6 mana 4/4 in hand at start of game as a Shaman.

You play out your curve, turn 3 that 4/4 costs 3 you put it down. It will probably survive any trade, then you play Master of Evolution on it and you win the game.

Late game you can play it for free then Evolve it with the 1 mana spell for a 7 mana minion...

I improperly evaluated this card in my initial review... I think this card is much better than I expected in Shaman particularly. The evolution aspect of Shaman puts the card a bit over the top.

I also miss that prospect, but Kripp mention it its can be crazy on Shaman

I initially thought its will only crazy on arena

I mean, yeah. You just have to have things to do Turn 1 and 2 and your opponent can't have a board to deal with it and you have to draw Master of Evolution or are we keeping that too?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pretty good summary of Ben Brode's most recent stream. Lot of interesting stuff there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4g9k8t/ben_brode_stream_notes_20160423/

Knife Juggler was nerfed as it was supposed to be used for swarm decks, where many token creatures are played, but was being used as a card in many decks. Now it's more of a niche card.

I basically said the same thing on the nerf stream Dahbomb and I did. This nerf significantly reduces its power as an on-curve play and keeps it from just being one of the strongest 2 drops in the game. And that's why Reynad was completely wrong about this on Value Town.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
lol

Kripp thinks Fandral Staghelm is a "fair" card and that fair cards "never see play".

I kind of regret the fact that we won't have the opportunity to put him on blast this time around.

fertygo

lol

Kripp thinks Fandral Staghelm is a "fair" card and that fair cards "never see play".

I kind of regret the fact that we won't have the opportunity to put him on blast this time around.

I agree with him, x-drop but you don't want to play it at that exact turn usually not getting play

If the card is indeed GOOD then people will just kill it on the spot, its what made kripp think its too fair
Your quest won't go until Tuesday when the expansion releases.
more talking about my DL speed, its will take some time for me

clav

I think it takes into account file uncompression speed.

More like CPU cycles.

Game says I have a faster download speed on a slower CPU.

Whoever wrote the formula to calculate that did it wrong.

One of the things not cared in programming is an accurate progress bar.

Dahbomb

Fandral to me seems like a worse Brann. That makes it fair IMO. Not over powered, broken like some people are stating it to be.

Hence why I submitted it as an "overrated" card though I still think it's a good card that could see play.

inky

More like CPU cycles.

Game says I have a faster download speed on a slower CPU.

Whoever wrote the formula to calculate that did it wrong.

One of the things not cared in programming is an accurate progress bar.

I love the ones that go like: 1%...3%...7%...25%...50%...*hangs*...100%

Top Bottom