• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Fandral + Raven Idol is a 10 mana combo?
Fandral + Wrath is a 10 mana combo?
Fandral + Living Roots is a 10 mana combo?

They are not, but are they actually good?

I'd rather just raw raven idol + raven idol so I could get two shots at what I need and actually play it.

Living roots is nothing when played with Fandral.

That just leaves wrath, which is good but nothing to shout OP about, especially compared to Brann.

Nourish is the only good one and the mana cost is way too high to make it consistent.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They are not, but are they actually good?

I'd rather just raw raven idol + raven idol so I could get two shots at what I need and actually play it.

Living roots is nothing when played with Fandral.

That just leaves wrath, which is good but nothing to shout OP about, especially compared to Brann.

Nourish is the only good one and the mana cost is way too high to make it consistent.

I totally explained why they were all good in my post.

Played a few games in post nerf environment.

Juggler is still incredibly stupid.

To the surprise of nobody. The only saving grace with that card is that there are less bullshit deathrattle and token spawning cards in Standard. It'll still be in almost every Hunter deck though.

Sheroking

To the surprise of nobody. The only saving grace with that card is that there are less bullshit deathrattle and token spawning cards in Standard. It'll still be in almost every Hunter deck though.

Hunter is the only class that plays Juggler on turn 2, where it is now awful. It pushes less damage, and the go-to Juggler combo requires the Hunter`s opponent to have a board.

They might still play it. But it`s not nearly as good for them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Juggler turn 2 as a paladin against another paladin is really good if the player's got muster ready for turn 3

I totally explained why they were all good in my post.

And I disagreed. But I think fundamentally I'm valuing the flexibility of those cards and you are not. Without flexibility, I think you might as well just run a straight up ramp into c'thun deck which will be more consistent.

Juggler? Remember every eboladin deck will now be running a shit-tonne of cheap 1 health cards that are going to get divine shields (reloaded by Divine Favor). Knife Juggler will put in work there as well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hunter is the only class that plays Juggler on turn 2, where it is now awful. It pushes less damage, and the go-to Juggler combo requires the Hunter`s opponent to have a board.

Juggler on 2 is always good against pally atleast. They'll also still run it for now until muster is taken out, but it'll likely still make super aggro lists.

There's always snake trap!

ZealousD

And I disagreed. But I think fundamentally I'm valuing the flexibility of those cards and you are not.

Why would I need to? It isn't as if the cards become less flexible with Fandral. They still do the thing they did before and even more. What are you sacrificing here?

inky

Oh Esportal

hearthstonescreenshoteek0u.png

Thank god he didn't have Lightbomb.

Sheroking

Juggler on 2 is always good against pally atleast. They'll also still run it for now until muster is taken out.

Getting a Juggler to stick on 2 for Muster on 3 is pretty unreliable.

It`s turn 5 Juggler that`s historically a problem in Paladin. Juggler wins games in Paladin by sniping down minions, not necessarily by pushing face damage.

Why would I need to? It isn't as if the cards become less flexible with Fandral. They still do the thing they did before and even more. What are you sacrificing here?

Important things.

Firstly, the ability to play them early, when Druid actually needs to. Are you going to hold onto a wrath or a raven idol while your opponent shits out minions onto the board? No.

Secondly as above, the ability to actually make use of what you draw. What is better at 10 mana? Nourish into swipe to clear the board, or this guy into nourish into "can't do anything else" and the mana crystals are wasted?

Living roots? Doing two damage and summoning two 1/1s on turn seven is nowhere near as good as killing a knife juggler or getting off to a tempo start on the first couple of turns.

Druid are not going to be holding onto the "choice" cards, and if they do they need them for a specific reason. That just leaves throwing the legendary out on curve and hoping it lives so you can do combos after. That doesn't work in hearthstone.

Also Brann just got that sweet Kodo buff.

IMPORTANT!

The Deck Recipes have been updated with one Old Gods-oriented deck for each class.

Warrior: Serve the Old Gods (Taunt/C'Thun deck with Twin Emperors)
Shaman: Minion Evolution (aayyy! One of three decks without an Old One; uses "reduce cost" minions like Volcanic Drake, Nerubian Prophet, and Thing from Below to get max value from evolving)
Rogue: Echoes of Death (N'Zoth deck)
Priest: C'Thun's Clutch (Basically the Warrior deck, but healing cards instead of taunts)
Paladin: Shield's Up! (Divine Shield deck)
Hunter: Whispers of Death (Deathrattle/Beast deck with lots of Discover/Draw cards and N'Zoth)
Druid: The Ancient Gods (Basically the Warrior deck with Ramp and Feral Rage; has around 2/3 WotOG cards, more than any other deck)
Mage: Madness and Magic (Kind of a Tempo Mage with Yogg-Saron finisher)
Warlock: Ancient Hordes (Zoolock for Standard; I already have 2/3 of the deck with no WotOG cards)

Don't know if this was posted but;

The guaranteed pack from Arena Runs will now always be from the most recently released expansion. Additionally, you are slightly more likely to receive a second card pack from a different Standard set.

sibarraz

Banned
Cool, I had a 5-1 mage run which I decided to save for tuesday so I wouldn't have the risk to win a GVG pack

I had been saving that run from 2 weeks, the funniest thing is that I expected a bad run with it

ZealousD

Validated Doomsayer
"Really feels good about himself and is in a much better place now. But.. he sure does miss piloting those Shredders."

Southsea Squidface
"Quick! Before I drown! Let me sharpen your sword for you."

Dahbomb

That Shaman Evolution deck doesn't seem that bad LMAO!

It has Volcanic Drakes in it and that's actually a pretty neat idea.

And that's the most expensive card in that deck...

squidyj

One of the stupidest things in the game is having that 6 mana 4/4 in hand at start of game as a Shaman.

You play out your curve, turn 3 that 4/4 costs 3 you put it down. It will probably survive any trade, then you play Master of Evolution on it and you win the game.

Late game you can play it for free then Evolve it with the 1 mana spell for a 7 mana minion...

I improperly evaluated this card in my initial review... I think this card is much better than I expected in Shaman particularly. The evolution aspect of Shaman puts the card a bit over the top.

it's even worse than you think.
It's a 5/5!

greepoman

Fandral + Raven Idol is a 10 mana combo?
Fandral + Wrath is a 10 mana combo?
Fandral + Living Roots is a 10 mana combo?

The other condition is the board state has to be such that you'd want to play these combos. Lots of tokens...you might just want to deal one dmg look for a swipe. F+living roots isnt great if theres nothing to kill with 2 health.

I mean it's good but I'm not sure it's in every druid deck.

Some other fixes under the radar:
Stampeding Kodo’s ability will no longer target the same minion twice if triggered by Brann Bronzebeard.

Added improved visual effects to certain Classic cards.

The reconnect feature has been improved.

ZealousD

Important things.

Firstly, the ability to play them early, when Druid actually needs to. Are you going to hold onto a wrath or a raven idol while your opponent shits out minions onto the board? No.

Secondly as above, the ability to actually make use of what you draw. What is better at 10 mana? Nourish into swipe to clear the board, or this guy into nourish into "can't do anything else" and the mana crystals are wasted?

Living roots? Doing two damage and summoning two 1/1s on turn seven is nowhere near as good as killing a knife juggler or getting off to a tempo start on the first couple of turns.

Druid are not going to be holding onto the "choice" cards, and if they do they need them for a specific reason. That just leaves throwing the legendary out on curve and hoping it lives so you can do combos after. That doesn't work in hearthstone.

Also Brann just got that sweet Kodo buff.

You don't have to hold onto your Choose Cards until Fandral comes up. You have so many that you can continue to use them as normal and you will eventually have something that naturally combos. You barely have to build your deck around him. Like maybe I'll start running two Raven Idols but otherwise he'll slide right in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Someone used the new arcane golem against me in arena and seemed to hover over it for a second in confusion, lmao.

Dahbomb

MM is sort of messed up.

Either that or not a lot of people playing at the moment.

Constantly playing people 5-6 ranks ahead of me.

manhack

first opponent is freeze mage of course. fortunately still beat him with my mid-range paladin through sheer luck ass draws.

ZealousD

MM is sort of messed up.

Either that or not a lot of people playing at the moment.

Constantly playing people 5-6 ranks ahead of me.

Hearthstone won't kick people off if there's a new patch. Probably lots of people still playing the older version. Especially on mobile.

Top Bottom