• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

guy just played animal companion, got a huffer and then didn't do anything but finish his turn.

Im confused, I thought all hunters just always went face

Pooya

why not just play frost giant in handlock over motlen? It probably ends up around same mana as new moltens when you can play them.

Pooya

yeah, essentially molten are dead card if you have to jaraxxus, not with frost giants. I mean yo probably can play them for 4-5 mana anyway, it's not like the new molten will be cheaper without you dying...

Owzers

Pack talk......spent my 600 future arena gold on classic packs, no legendaries but a golden spellbender which is the same dust as the legendary i was bound to get :p Also a second cabal shadow priest.

Dahbomb

Or you can just play Renolock which is just much better than Handlock at the moment.

And today I learned why Blizzard doesn't nerf cards that often...

SO MUCH FREE DUST AYY LMAO!!! I can craft like 6 Legendaries right now.

inky

Thinking about the nerfs that didn't happen I remember when everyone just wanted Doomguard nerfed to the ground. I never agreed, but I wonder if it will come back as a "problem" card at some point.

Dahbomb

Thinking about the nerfs that didn't happen I remember when everyone just wanted Doomguard nerfed to the ground.
I don't remember anyone saying that?

Void Caller on the other hand? Damn straight it's going into Wild where it belongs.

inky

I don't remember anyone saying that?

Void Caller on the other hand? Damn straight it's going into Wild where it belongs.

It was a common complaint. People argued that it shouldn't work without discarding cards when Zoo was way more common. A simple google search will show a lot of threads on the subject.

Wait, so will these cards never re-enter the 'Standard" format? Or is just that people are expecting that they'll be rotated in so long from now that it's better to just get the dust for new cards?

fertygo

Wait, so will these cards never re-enter the 'Standard" format? Or is just that people are expecting that they'll be rotated in so long from now that it's better to just get the dust for new cards?

Ben Brode there's possibility of that but they prefer creating new cards, so don't count on it.

It does once you face jaraxxus. So it isn't the worst option. Maybe Handlock will run one of each to hedge their bets now.

may also be the fact that molten+shadowflame is easier to pull off compared to frost+shadowflame

Kripp already had like 100k+ worth of dust in his account. Him getting like 6k from keepers is nothing

Hearthhead has some of the card sounds up. Ragnaros, Lightlord is really good.

http://www.hearthhead.com/card=38758/ragnaros-lightlord

"LIVE, INSECT!" That's quality.

Kripp inspired me to buy a few packs:
J4LhB9z.png

I'm so good at this game. I got two more normal ones as well.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Disenchanted everything but 1x Owl, 1x BGH. Had 3 extra master of disguise and 4 mountain giants saved up too. Now I have 9,500 dust and it feels so good.

Of my 18 deck slots, only Murloc Paladin, Midrange Shaman, Raptor Rogue, Tempo Mage, and Mech Mage/Mech Rogue didn't get nerfed.

Also, I guess standard isn't unlocked until the expansion comes out? I noticed they straight up removed the wild/standard selector which is kinda weird.

There's simply no risk. If you find out you made a big mistake, you can still craft them again at absolutely no loss to you. I think it's nice having them in dust to help make the right choice on if crafting back that card is worth it or if it's better using that dust to craft some other card.

Only risk is if you immediately burn through your dust bank right before finding out you need those cards back, which is foolish anyhow given how you should wait until the new expansion rush settles down and the best new decks get settled on before you spend all your dust anyway.

There's simply no risk. If you find out you made a big mistake, you can still craft them again at absolutely no loss to you. I think it's nice having them in dust to help make the right choice on if crafting back that card is worth it or if it's better using that dust to craft some other card.

Hang on, there are two things here.

Dusting nerfed cards? No risk, go nuts. As it happens I'm not dusting BGH, owl or keeper, because I still think they are standard additions in a lot of decks.

Now dusting Naxx or GvG? There is a lot of risk here.

If Standard turns into a giant bag of dicks, wild might become the format that people play. This seems unlikely, but you never know.

More likely, there may be a wild brawl that is completely broken with some of the naxx or gvg cards. You'll want these cards to cash in.

So, I'd say hold off on dusting Naxx or GvG until you specifically need the dust to get something new.

Top Bottom