• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Ladekabel

Since the nerfs are already here, I disenchanted my stuff. went from 300 dust to more than 3000 but solely due to the nerfs. Could be more but I'm keeping my two Knife Juggelers, since I never got one out of a pack. And I'm keeping a copy of Ancient of Lore and Force of Nature.

zoukka

Got almost 10K dust from the nerfed cards, so many goldens dusted

Pooya

I'm thinking of not using my gold at all. Like the 63 packs you get day 1 should be good enough to start and I'm sitting on just like 12k dust between my 2 accounts so I probably should be able to get anything worth playing. With the change in arena, it should be worthwhile to play arena again. It took a long time to hoard this gold, I can't let go...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't think Blizz realizes you can BM with anything no wonder how friendly is sounds. This guy in Arena conceded and I said "ASTONISHING" as Garrosh

There's no way they can't be seeing this stuff. Like, you can't record Anduin saying Wow without realize how much of a douchebag he sounds like.

Pooya

so, the game is bugged. Flamewaker can now be stealthed. I'm guessing Rag too? lol. With MoD nerf I guess they changed it...

Pooya

you get OG packs for your reward but if you get a second pack it ca nbe from other standard sets. They have increased the chances of getting a second pack as reward too.

FeD.nL

Personal Top 3 golden cards:

1. Eternal Sentinel (blinking eyes everywhere)
2. Possessed Villager (love the animation)
3. Cho'Gall (more blinking eyes and shiny spell casting)

Anyone else found some neat golden animations?

Catvoca

Banned

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Personal Top 3 golden cards:

1. Eternal Sentinel (blinking eyes everywhere)
2. Possessed Villager (love the animation)
3. Cho'Gall (more blinking eyes and shiny spell casting)

Anyone else found some neat golden animations?

DOOM! is actually really cool looking.

But Possessed Villager really is great.

OG_241_premium.gif

Loomba

Just opened 10 classic packs to try and get some nerfed cards and get

Golden Molten Giant
Golden Keeper of the Grove
Golden Leper Gnome

Golden Jarraxxus
Golden Black Knight

2x Normal Knife Jugglers
2x Blade Flurry

All in 10 packs wtf, the luckiest I've ever been in this game and I've been playing over 2 years.

bjaelke

35333.gif

Just opened 10 classic packs to try and get some nerfed cards and get

Golden Molten Giant
Golden Keeper of the Grove
Golden Leper Gnome

Golden Jarraxxus
Golden Black Knight

2x Normal Knife Jugglers
2x Blade Flurry

All in 10 packs wtf, the luckiest I've ever been in this game and I've been playing over 2 years.
No point in buying Old Gods packs since you're clearly out of luck for 2016.

Pooya

I've been playing this game for two freaking years on two accounts too, I have opened a single golden legendary to date.

scoot3r

Man these new emotes are so BM. My opponent was at 15 in playing aggro shaman with a crackle in hand and a silenced juggler on board. I draw ancestral knowledge and proceed to rip two lava burst off the top. As I burn him for lethal I of course emote " That's incredible!" Lolz

Pooya

Had 5 win paladin quest, put together a midrange paly. I just saw more flame jugglers being played than I had since TGT was out, lol.

Last game was against Reno rogue lololol. He burgled Lay on Hands, I guess that's how rogue is going to get heals in standard. Still lost.....

I have never opened a Golden Legendary and been playing since launch. At this stage though, I am just dusting every Gold I get.

Edit: Is there an exact time for the expansion to go live yet, or is it just anytime tomorrow?

Loomba

No point in buying Old Gods packs since you're clearly out of luck for 2016.

I cracked and opened another 20 packs haha. Got nothing on the same level, a few normal nerfed cards and a Normal Onyxia.

Man I haven't opened a pack in months, been saving for new expansion. As soon as you start the rush just takes over.

Szadek

I think Evolve isn't nearly as good as people think
The card is way more limiting than it looks.
It doesn't work well with cards that have deathrattle, overload ,inspire, permant and repeating effect.
Master of evolution has a similar problem, but it's not as bad since he transforms only 1 card and in the worst case you can summon a totem.
Although, in that case he worse than Faceless Summoner.

Also I also think that Cyclopian Horror is pretty bad. Sen'jin is probably better or just as good in most situations.

bjaelke

It doesn't work well with cards that have deathrattle, overload ,inspire, permant and repeating effect.
Master of evolution has a similar problem, but it's not as bad since he transforms only 1 card and in the worst case you can summon a totem.

Also I also think that Cyclopian Horror is pretty bad. Sen'jin is probably better or just as good in most situations.

The idea is to forego the deathrattle/overload cards and instead try to fit in several battlecry minions.

fertygo

bookmark'd

Heropon

Today I've learned that if I want to buy packs (with coins) it's better to get 10 at once. Got more epics than ever, including Gorehowl, and two legendaries (The Beast and Nozdormu, meh, but legendary still). I don't know if it's psychological but it looked like getting more packs at once increases the chances of big prizes, or if it's just coincidence the 40 dust packs don't feel as bad when there's an epic here and there. I wasn't going to get these packs but between the arena reward changes and the free pack quests I think 4000 gold is enough for the new expansion.

And now I've had a win streak with Totem Shaman to rank 10. I don't know if the good players weren't there or I was just lucky.

Even without new cards yet, this new patch has rekindled my interest. I think they should have revealed and patched the nerfs a bit earlier so the wait wasn't that long. It was like being stuck in a rut with no pack buying, no dusting, nothing interesting at all. Happy it finally ended. Now I have to decide where to spend the dust, Tirion and Grommash sound good.

Pooya

Looks like as few as 4 wins can give you 2 packs in arena, it's pretty generous. There are a bunch of reports of 2 packs with 4~6 wins. Looks like you will get less gold than before but more value, infinite running will be harder as you lose gold faster but if you're looking to build a collection it's probably faster than ever.

Top Bottom