• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Currently on live chat with the support, s/he'll send me the dust to craft Captain's Parrot

V-Faction

More Evolve talk:

* I want to see what happens if you Evolve into a Knife Juggler with additional minions on the board.
* I want to know the interaction from Evolving into Wild Pyromancer. Surely, the spell effect will procc after everything resolves.
* I'm super on board with Onyxia + Evolve. An entire board of 2-costs, ranging from Totem Golem, Millhouse, Ancient Watcher, Doomsayer, Succubus, and Wrathguard. And you only need 1 tick of Emperor to make it a Turn-8 play.
* Evolving into C'Thun should still give you his Attack/Health buffs, even if the Battlecry is wasted.
* The ideal maximum you can expect is probably 3 Minions. One from a previous turn, one you play in conjunction with Evolve, and maybe something from a Battlecry or Deathrattle effect.

sibarraz

Banned
This is going to be Freeze Mage deck in Standard.

At the most they will be adding one new card with a heal.

A case could be made for that Evolve Geomancer.

But essentially it will function the exact way as before only with no Mad Scientist thinning out the deck (which is a big deal but still doesn't affect the playstyle).

I think that bloodmage thalnos should replace loot horder

Did they fixed the captain parrot quest? I'm not that interested in the card but since I wanted Captain Greenskin for a long time, maybe it's a good chance to had that card just for collection purposes/free card

More Evolve talk:

* I want to see what happens if you Evolve into a Knife Juggler with additional minions on the board.
* I want to know the interaction from Evolving into Wild Pyromancer. Surely, the spell effect will procc after everything resolves.
* I'm super on board with Onyxia + Evolve. An entire board of 2-costs, ranging from Totem Golem, Millhouse, Ancient Watcher, Doomsayer, Succubus, and Wrathguard. And you only need 1 tick of Emperor to make it a Turn-8 play.
* Evolving into C'Thun should still give you his Attack/Health buffs, even if the Battlecry is wasted.
* The ideal maximum you can expect is probably 3 Minions. One from a previous turn, one you play in conjunction with Evolve, and maybe something from a Battlecry or Deathrattle effect.
1. You don't summon any extra minions with evolve
2. Wild Pyromancer will probably not proc at all off of Evolve, depending on how they arrange it
3. yes plz
4. No, because the Cthun is a separate entity independent of your deck if you evolve into him
5. Yes

Apathy

Emperor could still get nerfed right? Or do they only nerf classic/basic cards?

They aren't going to change emp now. If they were going to do a nerf they would have done it all at once to just get it out of the way. Now they will most likely say it's going to rotate out next year so why bother

MMaRsu

Just got the 1600 dust from support because of the Old Murk-eye quest not working anymore. Only had to craft murloc warleader to get it.

Did you have to send them a copy of your photo id?? I need old murk eye as well and already have all the cards

I have to figure out what deck I want to play in standard, I guess I'll see what I pull in packs tomorrow.

Speaking of which, what time does the new set go live?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I have to figure out what deck I want to play in standard, I guess I'll see what I pull in packs tomorrow.

Speaking of which, what time does the new set go live?

Probably sometime after maintenance tomorrow morning, so after 10:30 a.m. pdt?

V-Faction

1. You don't summon any extra minions with evolve
2. Wild Pyromancer will probably not proc at all off of Evolve, depending on how they arrange it
3. yes plz
4. No, because the Cthun is a separate entity independent of your deck if you evolve into him
5. Yes

LOL, well, I wasn't exactly asking questions. Already have my assumptions (No, Yes, w/e, Maybe, and a guess).

And Evolving with Onyxia is probably the effect with the easiest maths to figure out, looking at how few 10-cost cards there are.

Sea Giant, Frost Giant -- 8/8, no change
N'Zoth, Yogg, Varian -- Downgrade, loss in value
Faceless Behemoth, Y'Shaarj -- 10/10, upgrade, but no Y'Shaari effect cause of full board
Deathwing, Deathwing 2 -- 12/12, major value, added effect of Deathrattle and avoid harmful Battlecry

Just want to make sure I have this right. Starting tomorrow after maintenance:

• You get 3 free packs just for logging in that come with C'thun
  • You get a quest that gives you 5 OG packs for winning two standard matches
  • You get another quest that gives you 5 OG packs for winning seven standard matches

Does C'thun come in one of those free packs? Or is it a separate reward?
Also, will the two quests stack? Or do you get one after beating the other, and do they take up slots?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Emperor could still get nerfed right? Or do they only nerf classic/basic cards?

He could. Blizard doesn't seem too keen on it, but I think both him and Alex will be issues long term.

Just want to make sure I have this right. Starting tomorrow after maintenance:

• You get 3 free packs just for logging in that come with C'thun
  • You get a quest that gives you 5 OG packs for winning two standard matches
  • You get another quest that gives you 5 OG packs for winning seven standard matches

Does C'thun come in one of those free packs? Or is it a separate reward?
Also, will the two quests stack? Or do you get one after beating the other, and do they take up slots?

Separate Reward, after opening your first WotOG pack. You get the second quest after the you beat the first one. They do take up a slot, and Blizard is going to auto delete one of your quests if you don't have room for it.

I really like Nerubian Prophet but I think one thing that a lot of people aren't considering(for arena anyway) is that even if you have it in your opening hand you can't coin it out on turn 2 as it'll cost 4. Meaning that if you decide to keep it you should be damn sure that you have something to play on turn 2.

Not a huge downside but I think it's significant enough.

georly

I really like Nerubian Prophet but I think one thing that a lot of people aren't considering(for arena anyway) is that even if you have it in your opening hand you can't coin it out on turn 2 as it'll cost 4. Meaning that if you decide to keep it you should be damn sure that you have something to play on turn 2.

Not a huge downside but I think it's significant enough.

I mainly want him so I can throw him out for free or cheap on an evolve turn. Already going to evolve my board, might as well get an extra 7 drop. He'd even be amazing on turn 5 w/ master of evolution. 1 mana 4/4 > 7 drop + 4 mana 4/5 is a really sick turn 5.

Apathy

at least my love hate relationship with deathlord is ending. Love the card for stopping shit but my god, it always always pulls out the worst thing possible. It's like programmed to do it to me

StayDead

I usually see him get dusted, I will keep him for kicks. Too bad I dusted Milhouse :(

He was one of my first classic legendaries. I still have Cho for tavern brawls with lots of spells as it's really fun haha.

Also used it in one deck against a mage and stole his pyroblast haha.

Dart

at least my love hate relationship with deathlord is ending. Love the card for stopping shit but my god, it always always pulls out the worst thing possible. It's like programmed to do it to me

I usually only play it if I have removal on hand. Playing control priest, I use Deathlords/Belcher to stall while they fill the board then either Nova, Auchenai+Circle, Wild Pyro, Lightbomb. It's very effective I think

sibarraz

Banned
I did the same thing on live chat and the guy told me that the developers will find a way to give me the card / dust after the manteinance, don't know if this happened because I used to live chat or because it was on the latam support

Ladekabel

Oh right.

So I was thinking to disenchant my Big Game Hunter and craft a bunch of cards that would be more useful to me in the here and now. Any reason I shouldn't go ahead and do this?

Despite a higher mana cost Big Game Hunter is still useful.

Hycran

Banned
Despite a higher mana cost Big Game Hunter is still useful.

I will echo this statement. BGH went from being an auto-include into a consideration. That is the hallmark of a good nerf. If you are a rogue, you will probably still run it over assassinate, if you are a druid, you might choose mulch instead, or pay plus 2 mana to get a 4,2 not a bad deal.

Owzers

I like to play the occasional Renolock game while pretending i'm going to be a good shaman player once i craft two feral spirits, Molten Giant is starting to be a disappointment that i'm thinking about dusting, i only have the one. I ended up playing him at 8 cost just because i was running out of time to plop him down vs a control warrior. He ate a BGH, but that seemed like a pretty bad turn.

Dahbomb

Top 6 decks in the current post nerf, pre Standard meta:

Secret Paladin aka the King
Zoolock
Freeze Mage
Grim Patron
Control Warrior
Aggro Shaman

Every other non Hunter deck no one cares about.

Rogue and Druid bottom tier. Probably the worst these two classes have ever been in the game.

Zoolock
Freeze Mage
Grim Patron
Control Warrior
Aggro Shaman

Rogue and Druid bottom tier. Probably the worst these two classes have ever been in the game.

those two 2 days of glory for cw

Dahbomb

If Control Warriors had even slightly better match ups against Zoo and Secret Paladin I would be inclined to put them as the best deck in the current meta. But those two decks make things difficult though still playable for CW. Also Renolock is still pretty string.

Nah... Secret Paladin still the best.

Danj

Zoolock
Freeze Mage
Grim Patron
Control Warrior
Aggro Shaman

Wait so the nerfs have gone in already? I thought they were saving those for when the new cards came out.

Top Bottom