• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

This card seems prerty good

OG_282.png

i Assume c'thun gets buffed even if its on the board

Catvoca

Banned
Just got the 1600 dust from support because of the Old Murk-eye quest not working anymore. Only had to craft murloc warleader to get it.

I have 3 jugglers. 2 regular and 1 golden. I still think they will be useful though they were nerfed. so I'm considering keeping the 2 regulars and dusting the golden one. But it was my very first golden card. And the artwork is sweet. and...I guess it shall be dust. What would you do?

I pulled a gold Juggler last night and dusted it straight away. Dooooo ittttttt.

Double click on "1 pack 100g" and type in # of desired packs. Doesn't work on mobile.

I knew about this but had forgotten how to do it. Thank you! Makes buying packs with gold so much easier.

bjaelke

Game isn't out yet so we don't really know how strong the card actually is (remember people flipped out over Fireguard Destroyer too) but they also printed this:

MysteriousChallenger.png

People were busy talking power creep (Evil Heckler and Ice Rager). Kinda funny to go through the old thread now.

georly

Do people play Lorewalker Cho or is he just a fun card that gets dusted?

he's good in tavern brawls and adventures, but mostly adventures. Some people use him for mill/burn decks, usually giving your opponent useless spells, like healing circle or something. Very very very fringe card but not 100% useless, like some.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I guess Blizzard was right, no need to nerf Alex.

Freeze Mage can kill you in one turn from 30 HP anyway!

Yeah my problem with freeze mage was always the ridiculous number of freezes and stalls the deck has. Having all your stuff locked down until the Mage gets their God-turn is not fun. As the title of his video implies, not exactly fun or interactive. I would love it if Frost Nova or Ice Block was just removed from the game.

Apathy

At least Mad Fucking Scientist is gone in Standard. Most broken card in the game.

Yeah, but what's stopping a freeze mage from just holding a iceblock on the initial draw or mulligan and playing it from hand in one of the 8 turns they normally don't do anything but hero power or pass anyway.

Yeah scientist is strong cause it's targeted draw, but freeze mages have a lot of places where they can play it, or they just replace him with more draw cards

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I guess Blizzard was right, no need to nerf Alex.

Freeze Mage can kill you in one turn from 30 HP anyway!

Ice Block is the real issue. It lets you stall out two additional turns without handling the board in a class that can already shut down the board four times with freezing spells.

Undecided if I want to drop all my gold tomorrow or not. If I do I should be able to open somewhere in the neighborhood of 125 packs but that might be a bit overkill.

Undecided if I want to drop all my gold tomorrow or not. If I do I should be able to open somewhere in the neighborhood of 125 packs but that might be a bit overkill.

Same. I've got about 4300 gold lined up alongside my 50 pre-ordered packs and the 13 free packs. Considering saving maybe 500g for some fresh arena runs.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have a deep suspicion that with the Standard format in place they won't ever nerf something from an expansion. They will just wait for it to rotate out and then let Wild fester with whatever broken interactions end up existing.

Come to think of it, have they ever changed an expansion card? I don't think so.

I have a deep suspicion that with the Standard format in place they won't ever nerf something from an expansion. They will just wait for it to rotate out and then let Wild fester with whatever broken interactions end up existing.

Come to think of it, have they ever changed an expansion card? I don't think so.

Undertaker is the only non-Classic/Basic card to be nerfed.

Apathy

Oh i have no doubt, it would have to be rediculously broken for them to nerf it, otherwise it will just be "wait a year or two, it'll be wild's problem then"

haha just had a face hunter with all the nerfed cards give up as soon as he dropped the arcane golem and couldn't charge it. People do not read patch notes or giant popups when they start the game

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The Blizzard support ticket thingy is fucking abysmal

Whenever I try and send a ticket, I get thrown to the Battle.net forums instead of a direct message. Can anyone link me the actual shit?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I plan to run a copy of Eater Of Secrets for the Paladin and Freeze Mage matches.

JohnCYQ

I'll miss hobgoblin warlock the most once standard hits. Its fun to spam out 3+ minions with buffs right after a board clear.

One of the new Druid cards is like a mini Hobgoblin with no restrictions (3mana 2/2 that gives +1/+1) but I don't think Druids are suited for playing a bunch of small creatures anymore, not after AoL's nerf anyway.

greepoman

I plan to run a copy of Eater Of Secrets for the Paladin and Freeze Mage matches.

How well does that even work though? You have to:

1) draw it before they kill you
2) burn them down enough to kill them
3) Survive with less heals for most classes

And will paladins even run secrets? They lose avenge and all their early game.

So you end up with a trash tier minion against most matchups in which there will be plenty of games you still died to freeze mage especially with Loatheb gone.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How well does that even work though? You have to:

1) draw it before they kill you
2) burn them down enough to kill them
3) Survive with less heals for most classes

And will paladins even run secrets? They lose avenge and all their early game.

So you end up with a trash tier minion against most matchups in which there will be plenty of games you still died to freeze mage especially with Loatheb gone.
Well, but whats the alternative?

Top Bottom