• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Magnus

The new flavor text is great:

Validated Doomsayer (New) Really feels good about himself and is in a much better place now. But… he sure does miss piloting those shredders.

Danj

I see cards weren't the only thing they nerfed, apparently the "Sorry" emote is gone? But how can I be sarcastic to opponents now?!

Top 6 decks in the current post nerf, pre Standard meta:

Secret Paladin aka the King
Zoolock
Freeze Mage
Grim Patron
Control Warrior
Aggro Shaman

Every other non Hunter deck no one cares about.

Rogue and Druid bottom tier. Probably the worst these two classes have ever been in the game.

Zoo is really good in this meta. Went on a 5-0 streak with the current Tempo Storm list.

I hope it survives in some form. It's the aggro deck I enjoy playing the most.

Zoo is definitely the deck to play through today if you want to rank up. I'd be playing it myself but I never had Sea Giants (one of the few classic cards I don't have) or Gormok. No point in crafting them now either (even though both will be in standard) when everything is going to be shaken up some more.

Right now I was just dicking around with concede mage to finish some quests. At ~1600 gold, so I'll have a fair few packs besides the quest ones tomorrow.

Zoo is definitely the deck to play through today if you want to rank up. I'd be playing it myself but I never had Sea Giants or Gormok. No point in crafting them now either (even though both will be in standard) when everything is going to be shaken up some more.

Right now I was just dicking around with concede mage to finish some quests. At ~1600 gold, so I'll have a fair few packs besides the quest ones tomorrow.

Yeah, doing challenges has kept me in a constant cycle of win/loss, but when I play my dirty Zoo Lock deck I win win win. Gonna spend tonight ranking up as far as I can before the changes come tomorrow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
welp, let the last secret paladin grind to rank 5 begin

squidyj

Reading all this flavor text
Reference counter

Duck Hunt - 1
Outkast - 1
The Wire - 1
Journey - 1
The Beatles - 1
Pokemon - 1
Braveheart - 1
Monty Python and The Holy Grail - 1
Star Wars - 1
The Little Mermaid - 1

The Most Important Reference
Day Of the Tentacle - 1

a lot of this was really boring.

Reading all this flavor text
Reference counter

Duck Hunt - 1
Outkast - 1
The Wire - 1
Journey - 1
The Beatles - 1
Pokemon - 1
Braveheart - 1
Monty Python and The Holy Grail - 1
Star Wars - 1
The Little Mermaid - 1

The Most Important Reference
Day Of the Tentacle - 1

a lot of this was really boring.
SQUIDWARD WHERE

Yeah the flavor text game was stepped up big time.

Deathwing, Dragonlord - To his credit, Deathwing really took to heart the feedback he was receiving that he needed to be "more of a team player".

N'zoth - Has not been able to get "Under the Sea" out of his head for like FIVE THOUSAND YEARS.

Zerus - It's like being able to play with THREE angry chickens!

DOOM! - We ran out of space for "DOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!"

Faceless Shambler -"What is that thing?!" "I'm not sure, but it seems to be sort of Ysera shaped."

Forbidden Ancient - This Ancient was banned from the local tavern after tucking a 'Dr. Boom' up its sleeve.

Scaled Nightmare - I like it because it scales.

Thistle Tea - Aren't Thistles prickly? Why would you drink them? I don't get Rogues.

Cult Sorcerer - No matter how many times we tell her not to, she keeps feeding C'Thun scraps under the table.

Master of Evolution - Will be really useful in the new "Hearthémon" game.

A Light in the Darkness - Wait, how can you have a light in the dark? If you turn on a light while it’s dark, doesn’t that mean it’s no longer dark?

Am'gam Rager - peerc rewop

Carrion Grub - Carry on my wayward grub.

Hooded Acolyte - Wait, what kind of acolyte doesn't wear a hood?

Tentacle of N'Zoth - Because EVERYDAY is the Day of the Tentacle of N'zoth.

I also like how Ragnaros, Lightlord says "LIVE, INSECT!"

And N'zoth's lines are just re-used Y'shaarj lines since he has never talked in WoW. Yogg-Saron's voice is also different. Quit screwin' up all the awesome Ulduar bosses like Flame Leviathan's lines with these weak ass voices!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lightlord still pisses me off for various reasons, the major one being that it's so wrong from a lore perspective.

Yoshichan

Secret pally without knife juggler is still pretty good btw

DmQ9yqf.png

Rank 7

Edit: more slaughter

BT4g5sD.png

Lightlord still pisses me off for various reasons, the major one being that it's so wrong from a lore perspective.

Blizz has already said Hearthstone is a what if thing, and Old Gods more so.

Remember that Garrosh (ex-warchief) has exclusive use of Varian (Alliance leader) and Anduin (son of Varian) has exclusive use of Vol'jin (current warchief)

embalm

If you think of Hearthstone as a game within World of Warcraft, the card makes sense. It's a magic card game based on the worlds most influential people. It's like interactive baseball cards for them. The new expansion is like the Big Chew version of those cards. Almost all of the cards are made up and twisted versions of other characters.

Hogger isn't corrupted, tentacles aren't popping out of everyone, and Rag isn't the Light Lord.

bunbun777

Now I know not all of you standard lovers who think you'll never venture into wild who have disenchanted all your cards will regret it but...
I still feel sorry for a couple of you when the standard meta is not as fun or as fair you hope it will be.

Now I know not all of you standard lovers who think you'll never venture into wild who have disenchanted all your cards will regret it but...
I still feel sorry for a couple of you when the standard meta is not as fun or as fair you hope it will be.
If it isn't, then I'll just quit playing

Hey I just had a thought... Given that the new set is going to come with quests that earn free card packs, and given that quests reset at midnight... What are the odds that the new set of going to go live at midnight?

Acerac

Banned

The most consistent rule of Hearthstone is that whatever deck the other person beat me with is bullshit.

I'm confident that'll extend to both wild and standard.

Dart

If it isn't, then I'll just quit playing

Hey I just had a thought... Given that the new set is going to come with quests that earn free card packs, and given that quests reset at midnight... What are the odds that the new set of going to go live at midnight?

None really, that has never happened to any expansion before right? The last few expansions have always been live pst morning I think. Beside maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow morning anyway

Catvoca

Banned
Did you have to send them a copy of your photo id?? I need old murk eye as well and already have all the cards
What topic did you select while contacting support to get chat?

Sorry for the late reply. You don't need a picture, they check your account for you. I followed a link from the forums that had zeriyah or whatever posted that had no topic selected, but I heard picking Feedback works. I just sent them a support ticket and about 4 hours later they got back to me and said they'd credited me with 1600 dust, there was no hassle.

Yoshichan

Well, that was the quickest rank 5 "grind" to date... holy fucking shit. The win streak gets insane when it just keeps rolling and rolling.

Started 09:43 PM, now it's 10:35 PM.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I legit will never ever play Wild... 'cept if there's a quest for it.

Apathy

New avatar for Old Gods hype! What's everyone's favorite card art this expansion?

Power Word: Tentacles is my favorite, it's really cool.

Oh and possessed villager, that makes me laugh every time i see it, can't wait to hear what it's attack sound is

Top Bottom