• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Maximo

Now I know not all of you standard lovers who think you'll never venture into wild who have disenchanted all your cards will regret it but...
I still feel sorry for a couple of you when the standard meta is not as fun or as fair you hope it will be.

Ehhh some of us can't keep up with new cards/Expansions so I'm happy to disenchanted all the cards that get rotated out. If the meta is shit then eh don't play enough for it to ever bother me.

I threw together a reno paladin deck. First match vs secret paladin. Reno healed me for 28. And he actually kept trying to win.

edit:
Second secret paladin, did not even require reno despite him getting both MCs early on.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wonder if the servers will survive the first hours of everyone rushing in.

Inversive

Now I know not all of you standard lovers who think you'll never venture into wild who have disenchanted all your cards will regret it but...
I still feel sorry for a couple of you when the standard meta is not as fun or as fair you hope it will be.

I will quit if standard is an unbalanced mess like the game currently is, i hope blizzard realise they can't fuck this up and are quick on the nerfs if they are needed. (looking at the new shaman cards)

ViviOggi

I will quit if standard is an unbalanced mess like the game currently is, i hope blizzard realise they can't fuck this up and are quick on the nerfs if they are needed. (looking at the new shaman cards)
LMAO no way are they gonna touch cards from the latest expansion, if ladder becomes 90% Shaman at most they'll nerf like Doomhammer.

tylerf

Going to try and resist the urge to blow dust on the coolest looking cards right away this time while thinking about my Chillmaw and Varian Wrynn.

Levi

Banned
Going to try and resist the urge to blow dust on the coolest looking cards right away this time while thinking about my Chillmaw and Varian Wrynn.

I'm still glad I crafted Chillmaw, but man do I regret Mistcaller. The only leg I regret crafting more is Edwin Van Cleef--both because it turns out I don't like playing as Rogue and because I pulled one from a pack the day after I crafted it. :(

Mulgrok

I can't believe nobody has talked about pirate warrior.

The turn 1 weapon one into Raider into the one that upgrades the weapon into another upgrade + corsair on turn 4. Could be interesting.

Apathy

trump came back from pax and his stream now has a donation talking bot and notification and is it annoying, specially since he also reads the donations after.

Werd

Took a long break from this game, but have been playing the past couple weeks and enjoying it again. Post-patch yesterday the fatigue warrior I was playing went on a big winning streak.

New expansion, standard, etc. all look good to me so I'm going to go ahead and pre-order now for bonus packs. Are there any tricks/codes/whatever to use beyond going through Amazon coins to get extra value? I don't see anything about coins back right now.
is there a specific time tomorrow that the expansion is supposed to come out?
The launcher says there is maintenance from 09:30 to 10:30 AM PST, which seems about right.

Messed around with some of the Classic recipes for fun, who are these for? The decks are somewhat okay at best, but it's just a deck thrown together with no explanation of how they are supposed to work (which would help the newer players trying to use these decks).

ViviOggi

35237.png
35252.png

ADWCTA legit shook at these two Paladin cards in the Arena meta analysis and yup that's simply utterly baffling design after what we've gone through in the past expansions re: Paladin in arena. I more or less overlooked them during the dump because of their low constructed impact but now after watching the video I'm kind of down on arena again. There'll be no end to the stream of moronic Paladins and they just gained more tools that a) win games on their own and do so early, b) are stupidly easy to play and c) taken together with all the other absolutely bullshit cards Paladin can draft nowadays are impossible to play around as an above-average player. After Stand Against Darkness one was tempted to hope they finally got the goddamn memo but nope, after all...

f9JnRZB.png

mpKZg.png

ADWCTA's videos on Mage and Rogue made me slightly more hopeful for arena but yeah the Paladin cards are insane. I do think Divine Strength is really good even in constructed though but we'll see as it's pretty bad with Divine Shield.

Hunter got legit shat on though rofl.

Malice215

Debating on whether I should dust these golden Blade Flurries. Sitting on 4.1K dust now. I won't make the same mistake as TGT where I blew a bunch of dust early. Will wait to see what's good first before crafting.

I do want to give Frandral a try. Hopefully the RNG gods are kind to me and give me one from these packs tomorrow.

ViviOggi

Debating on whether I should dust these golden Blade Flurries. Sitting on 4.1K dust now. I won't make the same mistake as TGT where I blew a bunch of dust early. Will wait to see what's good first before crafting.

I do want to give Frandral a try. Hopefully the RNG gods are kind to me and give me one from these packs tomorrow.

There is no debate

DUST
EVERYTHING
RIGHT NOW!

Even if for whatever inexplicable reason you'll want to have golden Blade Flurries again you can recraft them whenever you want for no extra cost. There's zero risk.

Acerac

Banned

Why wait? Dust them now and if you feel bad you can recraft them for no loss.

I dusted everything that got nerfed, prolly gonna recraft jugglers soon. I lost nothing in the deal.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
"When you think about it, Druid of the Claw isn't that good"

okay trump

Also saying that Hammer of Twilight is better than Doomhammer.

Might as well tell Druids to replace their pre-nerf combo. Doomhammer rockbiter should probably be in every shaman deck.

IvorB

He's mostly for control decks, where one dead card isn't a huge deal, but he can win the game for you.

Well doesn't seem to be much use to me in the here and now so I might as well just disenchant it and not spend all of the dust just in case.

Just wait till tomorrow when you can wreck some guy's newly crafted Flame-Wreathed Whateverthefuck.

What happens tomorrow?

Okay, this card that people are playing at the last minute that heals all their life is pure bullsh*t. I was playing a mage with vastly superior cards to me and holding my own. We both got down to about 5 life and then he pulls that sh*t. I just literally quit out of the whole client and shut it down.

With added .gif:

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Malice215

You guys are right. Plus I don't play Rogue that much either. Dusted them, a golden MoD, 2 Poisoned Blade, and the rest of the nerfed cards except for Knife Juggler and one BGH.

Sitting at 8.2K dust now.

ViviOggi

Okay, this card that people are playing at the last minute that heals all their life is pure bullsh*t. I was playing a mage with vastly superior cards to me and holding my own. We both got down to about 5 life and then he pulls that sh*t. I just literally quit out of the whole client and shut it down.

With added .gif:

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif
ifkjkfx41und.gif

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The key is to resist that urge to craft legendaries immediately and wait for the meta to settle a bit before going in with that dust. You might do something smart (like me using this dust to craft Shield Slams I've been missing since forever) or something dumb (like me crafting Chillmaw after TGT). Better to wait and see if that 10 mana legendary is actually useful before throwing out that dust on it or anything else from the new set.

ViviOggi

The key is to resist that urge to craft legendaries immediately and wait for the meta to settle a bit before going in with that dust. You might do something smart (like me using this dust to craft Shield Slams I've been missing since forever) or something dumb (like me crafting Chillmaw after TGT). Better to wait and see if that 10 mana legendary is actually useful before throwing out that dust on it or anything else from the new set.
Yup... I crafted golden
Varian
mjcry1.png

Well unless you're the kinda guy that's like "this card looks fun, I want it", then yeah go ahead and craft that golden Yogg Saron.

ViviOggi

Well unless you're the kinda guy that's like "this card looks fun, I want it", then yeah go ahead and craft that golden Yogg Saron.
Few are in the position to do that and not get screwed for months though. Even in this thread you regularly see folks who I know have been playing since beta posting about how they're finally able to play CW or just now crafted their Preps and so on.

Szadek

Also saying that Hammer of Twilight is better than Doomhammer.

Might as well tell Druids to replace their pre-nerf combo. Doomhammer rockbiter should probably be in every shaman deck.
"That belongs in a Museum!"
Besides that Doomhammer isn't a very good weapon in general,unless you can play either aggro or run a ton of healing so that you can attack minions with it.

I played midrange and control shaman quite a bit in the past and Doomhammer was almost never worse running.
If you want a burst combos with rockbitter Al'akir is the usually the way to go since he deals more damge and can also combo it with Flametongue Totem.

Top Bottom