• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZZMitch

1 week, which is why I bought the 40 Classic packs now.

Okay thanks! I won't be able to log in until likely after the update tomorrow and haven't had a chance to dust the cards yet so I wanted to make sure the extra dust value wasn't going t go away with the launch of WotoG

fertygo

I don't have mani to pre-ordering pack :(

its seem I can't stay competitive at all in Standard, sigh

btw how much pack you usually need to have majority of set? 100?

manhack

Without any Druids I'm having fun playing mid-range paladin. The only deck I had a less than 50% win-rate against.

Right now everything else seems pretty fair.

Seems I'm not the only one trying to ladder before the new cards. Running into some tough decks even at my lame-o rank.

Also what the hell, this rogue running a pirate deck with ship's cannons lmao.

Pooya

I went 12-0 last night playing midrange paly. I'm not even playing knife juggler, I'm playing flame. Harrison'd couple of doomhammers too, it was fun. It does very well against zoo too, it's probably the best deck to play right now before standard.

inky

Like, to get >50% of the cards in the set through packs? Probably around 170-200. Only crazy people do it like that tho.

//ARCANUM

Hey what time does whispers of the old gods unlock? Is it tonight or tmrw afternoon? Gotta do my pre-order this evening but don't know if I need to rush (if it's midnight eastern time or something).

Levi

Banned
Seems I'm not the only one trying to ladder before the new cards. Running into some tough decks even at my lame-o rank.

Also what the hell, this rogue running a pirate deck with ship's cannons lmao.

Theres some reddit video where someone got some crazy combo with that deck.

You can do eeeeeetttt!!

Hell I reached rank 5 this season with a pally deck with zero secrets and without a single wing of LoE.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Oh hello Arena, nice to see you again.
Watch this be a mistake and get fixed.

Once OG is out tomorrow that means you would get an OG pack and a TGT pack right? That combined with Brawl Classic packs? Hell yeah!

Edit: Regarding Murk-Eye and the Parrot

Sweet, havent crafted my greenskin yet and will def do so tomorrow.

Kettch

This in between meta with the nerfs without the new cards is pretty funny. I haven't run into a single control deck. Nobody wants to play a long game without BGH, and who can blame them, Sea Giants are king.

I still feel like the card will be strong in Standard, but losing Muster/Implosion/Haunted Creeper should hopefully bring it back in line a little.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why couldn't power word tentacles be 4 mana? It's the same stats as kings except worse in most cases.

No idea. Card seems so much worse than Velen's, too. The +4 hp on 3 was enough to make it really hard to kill something, AND it still had +1 spell damage on top of that.

You get +2 hp, no spell damage, and it's 2 mana more.

This in between meta with the nerfs without the new cards is pretty funny. I haven't run into a single control deck. Nobody wants to play a long game without BGH, and who can blame them, Sea Giants are king.

I still feel like the card will be strong in Standard, but losing Muster/Implosion/Haunted Creeper should hopefully bring it back in line a little.

Huh, I've been seeing tons of control(Mainly doing renolock) and went on a massive tear because Jaraxxus just grinds everyone to dust.

I got almost 6,000 dust from dusting the nerfed cards. I have around 17,000 dust now and about 6,000 gold.

I'm excited for the meta to calm down in a couple weeks so I can craft some good shit. In the mean-time, I'm hiding in Arena.

Dahbomb

Probably the most degenerate meta the game has been since Undertaker meta.

I expected more Control decks to pop up with no Druids around but it's still the same degenerate tempo/aggro driven decks running amok.

Apathy

No idea. Card seems so much worse than Velen's, too. The +4 hp on 3 was enough to make it really hard to kill something, AND it still had +1 spell damage on top of that.

You get +2 hp, no spell damage, and it's 2 mana more.

Huh, I've been seeing tons of control(Mainly doing renolock) and went on a massive tear because Jaraxxus just grinds everyone to dust.

It's never going to see play. At 5 it's too much for what you get.

inky

No one expects Malygos + Moonkin + Swipe for lethal mwahahaha

hearthstonescreenshotbrkol.png

Sorry for the late reply. You don't need a picture, they check your account for you. I followed a link from the forums that had zeriyah or whatever posted that had no topic selected, but I heard picking Feedback works. I just sent them a support ticket and about 4 hours later they got back to me and said they'd credited me with 1600 dust, there was no hassle.

Thanks. I sent a ticket in but it seems like they enabled the quest for everyone until may 1st and you just need to login once old gods goes live to get the reward.

Milennia

managed to eek my way to my 6th legend tonight amidst all the freeze mages using cwarrior (for the 3rd time), now i can sleep and crack some packs.

Tubie

I'm gonna go ahead an assume the packs will become available after they finish their scheduled maintenance.

edit: or is there a maintenance tomorrow at all?

KuroNeeko

Man, mo' dust, mo' problems.

Sitting on 5200 right now and am torn between crafting a golden Ysera or getting a normal Ysera and crafting some other super useful legendary like Rags, Thalnos, or Chillmaw.

A golden Ysera (and Sylvanas) are my two most wanted cards in the set and I regret crafting Boom / Sylvanas when I could have spent that dust to just craft golden Sylvanas.

I'm pretty much F2P, though I do shell out cash for the Adventures (and a pre-order bundle this time around), so this dust is really valuable, but man, golden Ysera....

In terms of the new set, I'm thinking about crafting Yoggs, Ysaarj, and / or Xaril. I think the priest legendary will be strong after the next adventure / set comes out. If I like C'thun, then maybe I'll do the twin emps, but I think I'll get tired of it pretty quickly.

I'm looking forward to Thoughtstealing ALL of the C'thuns though. Mwahaha...mwahaaahaa...MWAUHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

edit: Played some Desert Camel / Beast Hunter (standard) today and man, DESERT CAMEL will HUMP you in the current meta. Desert Camel → Trogg / Mana Wyrm SUCKS.

Wonder if Al'akir might end up being a premium craft if Shaman is on top.

He was my first legendary back in beta, but Shaman was kind of considered garbage then, so I dusted him for whatever.

KuroNeeko

Wonder if Al'akir might end up being a premium craft if Shaman is on top.

He was my first legendary back in beta, but Shaman was kind of considered garbage then, so I dusted him for whatever.

I don't know that much about Shaman, I've only played janky control / midrange totem variants, but I imagine he might be OK in aggro / midrange as a sort of finisher.

Coupled with Rockbiter, you can go face twice or remove an enemy minion, go face, and then Evolve into something nasty. Seems over-priced though for aggro and maybe not good enough for midrange.

Losing reincarnate is a big loss.

Holy carp, that's a thing.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm honestly really sad to see Reincarnate go. More than most cards. Deathrattle Shaman always struck me as such a cool deck theme, and the card itself opened itself up to a lot of fun synergies.

inky

I'm honestly really sad to see Reincarnate go. More than most cards. Deathrattle Shaman always struck me as such a cool deck theme, and the card itself opened itself up to a lot of fun synergies.

A lot of cards didn't get a time to shine because Naxx and GvG were so OP. There's always wild I guess.

A lot of cards didn't get a time to shine because Naxx and GvG were so OP. There's always wild I guess.
Naxx and GVG are still in wild lol so any cards that are unlucky enough to exist in those sets will never really get their time to shine unless some amazing synergies get introduced.

inky

Naxx and GVG are still in wild lol so any cards that are unlucky enough to exist in those sets will never really get their time to shine unless some amazing synergies get introduced.

Yeah I get that. I meant to keep using them at all.

Obviously the only real way would be if some were reintroduced into the mix if Blizzard is trying to make something specific happen (fat chance). The closest we'll get in standard is them printing similar enough cards.

Apathy

Watching the arena and some constructed reviews, but mostly arena people, have a horrible time pronouncing card names in this set.

Top Bottom