• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

KuroNeeko

Man, this set is whispering to my inner-Timmy.

I really want to craft Ancient Harbinger and Y'shaarj, maybe even Yoggs.

Oh yeaaaaah.

JohnCYQ

Definitely no Secrets, since those builds have already seen some degree of success. Demented Frostcaller has a very powerful effect capable of locking people out of the game, especially weapon classes. It could be usable? Probably not though, since Flamewaker is still pretty insane.

Thinking about it, tempo mage with Yogg-saron might be a thing. You're already playing a shit load of spells anyway.

Problem is that Yogg might just lose you the game.

Maximo

Thinking about it, tempo mage with Yogg-saron might be a thing. You're already playing a shit load of spells anyway.

Eh plenty of cards can end up being dead, I think it's a decent card to have if your guaranteed to lose and play it anyway.

Apathy

Well goodnight GAF. Goodbye to the RNG shitfest that was gvg, goodbye Dr 7, rot in wild, and hello to a new era when we wake up.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
man, I just want to finish my one quest. I have queued up against like 5 priests, holy shit I hate my life

Well Doomcaller does. And individually each C'Thun minion is stronger than the murlocs by themself, so you can potentially (we are just theorycrafting after all) keep stalling after the first barrage with cards like Twin Emperor and 10 health/shield class cards. With Old Murk-Eye leaving Standard I'm definitely trying this replacement deck.

the other question is if he retains his buffs after he dies and then revives. If he comes back as a 6/6 then makes the card even worse

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
"Wow..."

I played Reno Shadow Priest vs. a Mill Druid today...into fatigue...and lost by one...

I'll never get that time back.

the worst part is i already converted all my decks to standard, so I'm handicapping myself. Just one more win ;_;

f0lken

So what do we think will be the best combos for evolve?

These to me are the top ones. Thing from Below is more like a Master of evolution candidate but still

432.gif

635953928849890235.png

523.png

14450.png

And I'd love to see these get some play but I fear they would be too slow or ineffective, I just want Ilidan in one deck :(

okay okay, now do a control/fatigue/nerubian/beneath the grounds rogue.

This is something I came up with just now. I'm not sure how you really deal with C'Thun with this deck. Is Hogger or another piece of removal better? I think it's safe to say that tomorrow will be 70% C'Thun decks and 20% Aggro.

Some guy on Hearthpwn put a list with Yogg-Saron together. Not sure I like it, but it's definitely something to consider.

bjaelke

Trump's top 5 (7) Old Gods cards
c'thun / twin emperor
master of evolution / thing from below
call of the wild
fandral
n'zoth
the other question is if he retains his buffs after he dies and then revives. If he comes back as a 6/6 then makes the card even worse
C'Thun buffs are not tied to the card but the player. That's why Thoughtsteal, Entomb and similar card copy mechanics are useless. Your C'Thun(s) (wherever it is) will retain its buffs throughout the game.

Tarazet

I broke out the cancer to try and get to at least Rank 10 tonight and played Secret Paladin, which I normally avoid like the fucking plague. The only matchups I got all night were Control Warrior, Control Priest, and other Secret Paladins. Didn't win any of the heavy control matchups because they were all full-boat fatigue decks with nothing but answers and healing in their decks. Good riddance to this meta. GvG and Naxx can suck my dick.

KuroNeeko

Trump's top 5 (7) Old Gods cards

C'Thun buffs are not tied to the card but the player. That's why Thoughtsteal, Entomb and similar card copy mechanics are useless. Your C'Thun(s) (wherever it is) will retain its buffs throughout the game.

Not if I'm playing C'thun Priest /kappa

bjaelke

In response to recent feedback and levels of interest, we will be re-enabling the Quests to acquire Old Murk-Eye and Captain’s Parrot starting with the launch of Whispers of the Old Gods in your region. These Quests will be re-enabled until Sunday, May 1 at 11:59 PM PDT. We expect this to be a one-time only extension for these quests as part of our rollout of the standard and wild formats.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20099962

Sheroking

Well, that was harrowing. Almost want to start a thread in off-topic.

There I was watching Kripp stream yet another Rogue arena run (with headphones on), when I start to smell burning rubber. I get up, hear the hallway alarms going off and look ouside to a giant wall of black smoke. Couldn't see three feet in front of me. I live on the 13th floor of a 14 story building. I grabbed my coat and my cat and ran down the stairs with about 100 other people who live here, sat in the freezing damp parking lot watching firefighters run hoses and fans into the building.

Cg8w4EfW4AA4ZaG.jpg:large

Worst part? This is the third time in two months this building has had a fire. There's probably an arsonist in the building.

Moonlight

Banned
It's why Onyxia will never feel like a good Evolve combo to me. Putting aside Doomsayer, 2 mana slot is the likeliest pool of minions in the game where you're going to be really unhappy with what you get (especially when you're rolling like 7 of them) versus literally just having a board full of 1/1s and an 8/8.

im calling it, Malypriest w/ the new embrace the shadow card unless the hearthstone wiki lied to me about how spell damage and auchenai works. I know itll body count when I play it

Malypriest

Spell Damage doesn't affect healing. That's why you'd run Prophet Velen instead in that kind of deck.

the hearthstone wiki says when auchenai is on board, spell damage affects stuff like flash heal. Deck is probably gonna suck but its gonna be so satisfying to win

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Auchenai_Soulpriest

The modified spells will be affected by Spell Damage bonuses, meaning that with any +1 Spell Damage minion on your side of the field, Circle of Healing will deal 5 damage to all minions (usually killing the Soulpriest), Holy Nova will effectively become Hellfire, and Holy Fire will deal 6 damage to both its target and its controller.

JohnCYQ

Patch goes live in like 10 hours I think? Based on poppedcollar69's post one page back.

Well then, I was spectating someone and he managed to throw a game against a Freeze Mage who played into lethal (dude was playing Tempo Mage).

• Dude had frostbolt and fireball in hand, Boom, 1 boom bot and like 2 other 1 attack minion on board.
  • Freeze mage had an acolyte of pain on board, then decides to play Doomsayer + Mad Scientist.
  • All he had to do was to get the mage to 1, then doomsayer would've killed the opponent dude to boom bot's deathrattle. Instead he kills the doomsayer with Boom and proceeds to concede.
Also, anyone on right now who can let me spectate? BN tag is Eclipze#1871 (US)

jgminto

Well, that was harrowing. Almost want to start a thread in off-topic.

There I was watching Kripp stream yet another Rogue arena run (with headphones on), when I start to smell burning rubber. I get up, hear the hallway alarms going off and look ouside to a giant wall of black smoke. Couldn't see three feet in front of me. I live on the 13th floor of a 14 story building. I grabbed my coat and my cat and ran down the stairs with about 100 other people who live here, sat in the freezing damp parking lot watching firefighters run hoses and fans into the building.

Cg8w4EfW4AA4ZaG.jpg:large

Worst part? This is the third time in two months this building has had a fire. There's probably an arsonist in the building.
XNx89OH.png
Never Lucky
XNx89OH.png

CoolOff

It's why Onyxia will never feel like a good Evolve combo to me. Putting aside Doomsayer, 2 mana slot is the likeliest pool of minions in the game where you're going to be really unhappy with what you get (especially when you're rolling like 7 of them) versus literally just having a board full of 1/1s and an 8/8.

One Darnassus doesn't matter at turn 10 though. 6 Darnassus would be a problem though.

JohnCYQ

im calling it, Malypriest w/ the new embrace the shadow card unless the hearthstone wiki lied to me about how spell damage and auchenai works. I know itll body count when I play it

Malypriest

I'm thinking something along the lines of this:
WotOG OTK Dragon Priest

Emperor tick on Velens + Embrace the Shadow + (2 Mind Blast + 1 Flash Heal) or (2 Flash Heal + 1 Mind Blast) = 30 dmg

Emperor tick on Maly = 10 dmg per mindblast, 10 per flash heal if Auchenai remains on board from previous turns.

Really wanted to spend this weekend and grab Rank 5 before the OG meta but got rekt by the nerfs coming in early. I have a lot of cards and can build many decks, but Face Hunter was my comfort food. Couldn't feed on the secret paladins like I usually do so I had to scramble and play other stuff. Play some Priest, run into only Warriors. Secret Pally, 50/50 matchups vs other Secret Pallys. Play some Warlock, now Mages. Starting from 8 and stalled out at 8. Blah.

Oh well, rest in peace old friend. You brought me 65% winrate and many golden cards.

Top Bottom