• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Moonlight

Banned
Why the fuck is WotOG twenty Canadian dollars more expensive on the iPhone storefront versus the Android version (which has parity with the American price unlike the PC version which straight up charges you in USD)

Apple's cut can't be that big... can it?

Apathy

Why the fuck is WotOG twenty Canadian dollars more expensive on the iPhone storefront versus the Android version (which has parity with the American price unlike the PC version which straight up charges you in USD)

Apple's cut can't be that big... can it?

Apple probably converts, where Google uses the price as set, just in the countries currency.

Try with an emulator

Doesn't look like the google spread sheet that ya'll got me used to using has been updated for the old gods yet. Some other ones have been, but I don't want to transfer all my data...

Moonlight

Banned
Apple probably converts, where Google uses the price as set, just in the countries currency.

Try with an emulator
Just did. The inconsistent pricing across all the platforms is just confusing me, though. Although, uh, I guess I'm glad that that's the case.

Miletius

Time to get hyped. I've got 50 packs from the preorder, 5000 gold, and 7000 dust that I'm holding onto for tomorrow evening. It's gonna be nice to have new cards to play.

Arment

Thank you Google opinion rewards for buying my preorder. Just getting into the game actually. Can't wait to open all 50 tomorrow.

Tubie

Time to get hyped. I've got 50 packs from the preorder, 5000 gold, and 7000 dust that I'm holding onto for tomorrow evening. It's gonna be nice to have new cards to play.

That's basically what I have too!

The wait to get home tomorrow and open them will suck so much lol.

Apathy

Break as it in be good? Or break as in just having infinite shadowcasters.

Effects like Shadowcaster's typically end up pretty strong in card games. I don't think there are any cards that are particularly strong with Battlecry or ETB triggers though. Aside from Rumbling Elemental which has the problem of being a Shaman.. Van Cleef can get pretty big, Questing Adventurer can too. Knife Juggler is okay but not very conducive to either winning or extending the game. I guess it functions as a type of board management.

I just want to play a deck with Shadowcaster shenanigans.

Apathy

Evolve, Faceless Summoner and the Druid Legendary seem to be most controversial cards at the moment.

I still like evolve more as a board heal rather than the concept of rnging the best possible outcome.

BTW, good job you on the review you guys

Standing by that Flamewreathed Faceless pick for now. Certainly possible I could be wrong but I guess I just don't see the same thing everyone else does when I look at that card.

Dahbomb

Flamewreath could easily be the Fireguard of this set.

But I see the card more like a Felreaver and more fitting in Aggro Shaman. Just put it down after playing Trogg and go to town.

Apathy

Yeah, Faceless Summoner is going to create some casualties though, lol.
Like I said and so did dahbomb, it's good in arena, but in constructed they're are better options because of the stats it has. Now selfless hero, no one us taking about that card. You go first and drop it if you have a follow-up, what's your opponent going to do? Even a ping class, they going to coin and hero power just to get rid of it and waste the coin that way, sure, OK, fine enough trade.

Apathy

Kibler not sharing my enthusiasm for Doomcaller.

If you don't kill your opponent within the same turn or next that you played cthun, and it gets killed, then there's a problem and that card isn't going to win you the game. It's too slow, and then you still have to draw the cthun again.

bjaelke

If you don't kill your opponent within the same turn or next that you played cthun, and it gets killed, then there's a problem and that card isn't going to win you the game. It's too slow, and then you still have to draw the cthun again.
So like Anyfin Can Happen?

Flamewreath could easily be the Fireguard of this set.

But I see the card more like a Felreaver and more fitting in Aggro Shaman. Just put it down after playing Trogg and go to town.

I can definitely see it in this role and it wouldn't surprise me if aggro Shaman is where it sees the most play.

But I look at it like this, when has Shaman ever really just played minions with big stats? Totem Golem is really the first of them to see considerable, consistent play but that has more to do with Shaman's early game options sucking so hard. Fireguard Destroyer saw some infrequent play but far from consistent. Earth Elemental was seen very rarely. Draenei Totemcarver never took off, though granted it has a condition to meet for the battlecry.

It's just never really been something Shaman has game planned around because, for the most part, they couldn't afford to. The setback is too high when it doesn't work. When midrange and non-aggro Shaman decks have been successful it's because they find a way to leverage minions with powerful effects rather than just loading up the board with big minions with no beneficial card text.

Like I said though, I do agree that it could fill a Fel Reaver type roll for aggro Shaman but I honestly think other archetypes will look toward other stuff in the four slot.

Apathy

I'm assuming that with all the new 8-10 mana cards we're getting and people wanting to try them out, lots of people will be trying to counter them with aggro decks, that when building your decks in the following days, don't forget heals, aoe and low to mid range taunts in your decks when building

Oh, also don't forget new hogger. A lot of people are going to try to drop cthun right at 10 as many kids with new toys want to show it off, even if it's only like 8 or 10 damage. Tossing out hogger on 9 (or 10 is going first), it could potentially save you.

Yesterday, I go like 5-0 with this deck. Today, 2-4.

I don't get Hearthstone, apparently. That or my mulligans are just awful. I get a 4-5-6 set, mulligan, and get a 3-4-4 set.

Then I lose to a double bloodlusted Nerubian.

So much for trying to rank up before the new cards - I'll do it after.

JohnCYQ

Looks like the first decks I'll be trying out would be Cthun warrior/druid/rogue, midrange evolve shaman and midrange beast hunter.

Tempo mage is still a thing too, even if you take out mad scientist. Would be interesting to see what version people will run in this now. No secrets maybe?

Looks like the first decks I'll be trying out would be Cthun warrior/druid/rogue, midrange evolve shaman and midrange beast hunter.

Tempo mage is still a thing too, even if you take out mad scientist. Would be interesting to see what version people will run in this now. No secrets maybe?

Definitely no Secrets, since those builds have already seen some degree of success. Demented Frostcaller has a very powerful effect capable of locking people out of the game, especially weapon classes. It could be usable? Probably not though, since Flamewaker is still pretty insane.

bjaelke

thing is that the first anyfin feeds into the 2nd. the first cthun dying doesnt feed into the 2nd one.
Well Doomcaller does. And individually each C'Thun minion is stronger than the murlocs by themself, so you can potentially (we are just theorycrafting after all) keep stalling after the first barrage with cards like Twin Emperor and 10 health/shield class cards. With Old Murk-Eye leaving Standard I'm definitely trying this replacement deck.

Top Bottom