• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Game is fun again. Dog's Yogg-Rogue is legit good and fun. Auctioneer+conceal is back bitches, deal with it!

I played against a yogg rogue tonight, it killed his yogg, healed me, played a couple other irrelevant things, soulfired his face, stand against darkness, blessing of kings... only 2-3 spells helped him lol.

FeD.nL

Against a C'thun Warrior:

jkyRzrv.jpg

All those Executes/Shield Slams/Brawls and a BGH and meanwhile it was all according to the plan.

zoukka

Got a list or VOD of him playing the deck? If it's solid I'll grab that golden Yogg

https://www.twitch.tv/hsdogdog

I played against a yogg rogue tonight, it killed his yogg, healed me, played a couple other irrelevant things, soulfired his face, stand against darkness, blessing of kings... only 2-3 spells helped him lol.

Yeah, but the deck doesn't even need Yogg most of the time, it's just a plan B if you run out of cards. Not sure about the long term viability of the card, we'll see after a few weeks when people get a feel of whether he fucks you too often.

I got 4 legendaries from my 53 packs which I think is pretty good yield!

The Boogeymonster
Nat Pagle, Darkfisher (Golden version)
Yogg-Saron
N'Zoth

First two are pretty bad by looks of it, but i'll dust Nat Pagle for free choice on a Legendary. Got another 4000 dust in reserves too so have some options :)

Seems like Aggro Shaman is rampant at my rank so will have to have some counters to that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is this new shaman shit with the minion evolve card, double abusive and doomhammer?

Seems more cancer than anything I've played in recent days

Footos22

28 packs. 3 legendaries

Herald Volazj priest
and ragnoros the light lord

played the discover a minion give it 1-1 with paladin and had 2 of them on the board at once. then chucked my cthun out it was beautiful,

went straight on ladder won 5 out of 6 mostly against warriors with 50+ armour they still lost lol

paladin has so much removal or nerfage its working out great

Pooya

dog played yogg twice in two games I was watching, first time he was losing the game anyway and yogg milled and killed him. Next game he was winning anyway and yogg played astral. It won him a game earlier. It's just dumb joke card, if you want to have fun it's good to craft.

His deck is just the coldblood conceal miracle which is pretty good by itself.

Tacitus_

Hmmh, what should I craft... Twin Emps probably and N'Zoth look like good candidates. Managed to pull Xaril, Huhuran, Cho'Gall, Hogger and Yogg (+pagle, probably DE bait) from packs.
Maybe Gormrok from TGT and Harrison and Al'akir from classic.

zoukka

dog played yogg twice in two games I was watching, first time he was losing the game anyway and yogg milled and killed him. Next game he was winning anyway and yogg played astral. It won him a game earlier. It's just dumb joke card, if you want to have fun it's good to craft.

His deck is just the coldblood conceal miracle which is pretty good by itself.

You obviously shouldn't play Yogg unless you know you have no other outs. Kinda similar to how Deathwing is played, just a lot more erratic, sometimes it can straight up kill the opponent though.

jgminto

I've been really unimpressed with the evolve stuff. It seems to be a win more card that I thought it would be. And that card could be replaced and the deck functions just fine. The only good thing I saw so far was once double evolved 3 minions... but is that even good? I ended up sapping and he was overloaded so couldn't replay. He also spent 2 cards to do that, so it's a high cost and opportunity, since those cards could have been strong on their own if replaced with more versatile cards. Both evolves ended up being irrelevant in the end. Barely any stat gain except on the one I ended up sapping.

The only BS I've seen so far was evolving a totem into lorewalker cho... welcome back shredder RNG. Won him the game cause I couldn't remove his master of evolution... plus I had to use a shiv which enabled him to get lethal as well.
Evolve is less of a win more card and more of a gain advantage card. It can turn an uneven turn into a great one and can turn a solid board into a locked game. Most classes just can't deal with an evolved board after a certain point.

Micapo

Legendary card RNG continues to be as bad as it's always been to me. Opened 60 packs and got 1 legendary... Deathwing. You guys have all the luck!

Pooya

opponent's yogg on thijs stream just played lock n load first and then played Call of the Wild and bunch of others. uh man, that's annoying.

I'm starting to feel that you can't play a control deck without running C'thun, because you basically auto-lose vs C'thun decks. Anyone else agree, or do I just suck?

Acerac

Banned
I'm starting to feel that you can't play a control deck without running C'thun, because you basically auto-lose vs C'thun decks. Anyone else agree, or do I just suck?

N'Zoth completely negates C'Thun. I've had a great win rate against all types of C'Thun decks with rogue.

Lumine

Hah well first fun interaction I've had was Fandral into Raven Idol into Raven Idol. Got a Ragnaros, Cairne and Swipe out of it. :p

Alrus

Yogg is a fun all or nothing card. People are going to hate it soon because of the bullshit wins it can get you when you were done for.

So far the Ct'hun decks I've seen have been a bit too slow to survive against aggro decks.

Szadek

Testing renounce the darkness warlock. I think the best way to play the deck like a normal zoo deck and use it in the late game.
Even then, the cards is probably not worth playing, unless you just want to have fun.

Lumine

Haven't posted my haul. Opened 85 packs (72 with gold). Got Ragnaros2, Deathwing2, Fandral (Golden) and Soggoth the Slitherer. Not too bad I guess, though not the ones I wanted. Thinking about crafting Nzoth and Xaril. Also missing a bunch of interesting rares and epics. I should probably be patient with spending all my dust right away though, but it's hard to resist. :)

Ladekabel

Absolutly no luck with C'Thun Warrior. Mages topdeck for exactly lethal and an Elise Warrior got Eadric which won him the game. Today is not my Hearthstone day...

diamount

Banned
Yogg is a fun all or nothing card. People are going to hate it soon because of the bullshit wins it can get you when you were done for.

So far the Ct'hun decks I've seen have been a bit too slow to survive against aggro decks.

Yeah, I mean if I actually got to the turn when Yoggy could be played, the game was already decided then. I play him knowing I have a high probability of losing, but I don't care because I have no intention of playing Hearthstone seriously.

ViviOggi

I'm like 8-0 with Dog's Rogue, pretty good but it's gonna start running into trouble once all these C'Thun memers go away. Right now you clown on them so hard because they basically can't answer anything

Top Bottom