• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Xanathus

I just started playing today. But I am confused. I thought I was supposed to receive 3 new packs from the latest exapnsion? When I logged on I did the mandatory tutorial and then I went to unlock all the heroes

After I purchased a card pack, it finally gave me the 3 cards (2 Beckoner of Evil & 1 C'Thun). Is this what they meant by 3 new card packs?

There is a daily quest system that is only unlocked after you do some of the initial "tutorial" quests. The extra 3 free card packs (and then 7? after that) are only given to you if you have access to that daily quests because they take the form of daily quests. So you have to clear your tutorial quests before you can get those. However you might not get the card pack quests if you only just started since you have not unlock the quest system. Still I can imagine you could just contact Blizz support and they'll happily let you have access to those packs or even just put it in your account if you're polite.

Moonlight

Banned
I respect Control Warriors in a lot in terms of play-style and approach to the game, but damn, sometimes you just wanna play a match before you hit the hay and not get dragged into a fifteen minute drag-out brawl, especially when your last four turns are your death throes.

Ken

this is LTTP but I'm doing the Emperor Thaurissan normal duel for BRM adventure and why does the wife keep attacking my minions without taunt :(

bjaelke

this is LTTP but I'm doing the Emperor Thaurissan normal duel for BRM adventure and why does the wife keep attacking my minions without taunt :(

Some people on Reddit and the official forum have complained about it being bugged after the recent patch.

Lyng

Man Yolo Gods is really forgiving as an expansion. You really don't need many of the legendaries, most of them are bad. I can only think of a few must-crafts like Yogg-Saron, Xaril and Rag.

Why do you consider Yogg a must craft? He seems fun but ultimately a pretty bad coinflip

kirblar

Man Yolo Gods is really forgiving as an expansion. You really don't need many of the legendaries, most of them are bad. I can only think of a few must-crafts like Yogg-Saron, Xaril and Rag.
The class legendaries are almost all really good this time around, along with a few standout build-arounds. Twin Emps are in there to make sure C'Thun players need to craft something, but there's not much overlap elsewhere. They did a good job not overloading neutral cards.

Pooya

crafted Xaril and built my malygos list, finished a total dominance quest with it, 7-0. I even beat a shaman! (at rank 3 NA)

1461744159-malygos.png

I'm going with evil heckler, totally underrated card. I feel it's more important for your taunt to kill things and senjin doesn't do that right now. It lines up very well against a lot of the new minions. 5 attack to face is very significant too.

I'm playing a blade flurry yeah... I actually don't have the fourth wing of blackrock here to try Dark Iron Skulker, could be better? I feel with all the spellpower I have flurry will still clear major minions and it helps justifying playing 2 poisons. I wish Xaril had a weapon buff card too.

It blows c'thun decks out of the game. Man, some of these lists can't even kill a emperor. I played coin I got from pillager for turn gadgetzan, backstab backstab prep fan. The druid could never recover, easy games.

I like to play shadowstrike but I feel the meta is more minion heavy and your board clears suck so it's important to not miss a turn with a minion, it's better to play stuff and have your opponent react to it than you trying to clear things. Xaril gives the extra spells. I don't really feel I need the extra reach with sinister strike, I get in more minion damage instead which is more valuable.

If flurry wasn't nerf decks like this would be tier 1 for sure.

I didn't realise that there was no single player add on with the xpac.
Got 1k gold and wondering what to do.

Worth spending it on the previous xpac or just plowing into new card packs?

CoolOff

I just don't understand why people default to Face Shaman the day after an expansion releases. It's all I'm facing right now.

I mean sure, "winning is fun", but how sad of a person are you when your first thought is "now I can finally reach rank 10 if I just play face". It baffled me when it was Face Hunter, and it baffles me now.

Pooya

I just don't understand why people default to Face Shaman the day after an expansion releases. It's all I'm facing right now.

I mean sure, "winning is fun", but how sad of a person are you when your first thought is "now I can finally reach rank 10 if I just play face". It baffled me when it was Face Hunter, and it baffles me now.

It's like the best time to get that legend card back. Midrange shaman too.

Pooya

I'm looking at my games and I'm not sure I even needed malygos to win any of those games, like in only two I used it. Maybe a version with cold blood and conceal works even better. I mean look at it, only two evis and one shiv can go face with maly. You can play another shiv to justify maly I guess.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow. Just had Yogg go off after playing something like 24 spells...he did hunter's mark into bouncing blade and a ton of minion buffs that whiffed. Drew/summoned a minion and then gave it the treant deathrattle, killed it, and casted astral communion.

Atleast that gave the excess mana card and I was still under the hunter's mark effect so I got a card off it...but it totally milled me in the process.

This card is fucking hilarious.

Pooya

I have Fandral and played him in my beast druid deck, he's really good since I'm playing every 'druid of' card, they're the best beasts. It enables some strong combos, I don't think it's must have but it helps your deck.

I don't think the card makes any sense in C'Thun druid, you can't even fit him really. Brann makes more sense.

Loomba

53 packs and only 2 legendaries what a fucking rip.

I'm glad I have them nerfed cards dust, I might need it to craft some viable decks.

FeD.nL

I have Fandral and played him in my beast druid deck, he's really good since I'm playing every 'druid of' card, they're the best beasts. It enables some strong combos, I don't think it's must have but it helps your deck.

I don't think the card makes any sense in C'Thun druid, you can't even fit him really. Brann makes more sense.

Thanks!

Might craft him then, really interested in beast druid. Tried C'thun druid but don't really like the playstyle.

Moonlight

Banned
Do minions that activate through Fandral have a special third form 'card' or are they just the 'first' minion with both effects applied?

peakish

Aww yiss, opened 43 packs from my gold and got Xaril on my second to last. Also, Y'shaarj.

Lots of Faceless Summoners and Shifting Shades, too. Any chance of them being nerfed, lol?

Pooya

If any card from this set could get nerfed is the 7/7 dude but people will just learn to adapt. It's very unlikely any set other than classic sees nerfs ever. No card here is going to be more broken than Boom or shredder.

Maximo

Thought Blizzard said you would get 50% off your dust back for Goblins Vs Gnomes and Naxx Cards? Or was I sadly misinformed.

Acidote

Is there an alternative to Eternal Sentinel for Standard? Because I didn't get one in 73 packs. I guess I'll have to craft them >.<

fertygo

Wondering I should craft C'thun deck or not, its really cheap to made aside Veklor you only need rare and common

but that playstyle zzzzzzzzz

Pooya

I think druid, rogue, shaman class cards are definitely good with the limited time I had with them. Only Xaril is must have for the class, it does a lot for you, it's a great utility card.

Druid one is like Brann, enables strong combos, why not play him? you can't put it in every druid deck though obviously.

Shaman one is really cool, I love it but shaman doesn't need healing that much, you're a board based class and your stuff soak the damage. It's good and there is no downside to playing it, so why not? I don't think control shaman will be a thing ever when you can play a really powerful midrange deck instead. If you don't have this card playing healing wave is ok, I don't think it's must have, must spend 1600 dust right away kinda card. Same for druid really. A little overhyped?

I've Rag too but I'm yet to play paladin, the plan was to play paladin first... Tomorrow I guess.

The rest, I think they suck for sure or that they won't have a deck with current cards, future cards could change things. Warrior gets better with weapons removed from rotation or added. Warlock one could get better with new spells (man. it's about time warlock gets a good spell, the token one doesn't work with Cho'gall). Mage one will always suck though.

Spent gold on 36 packs plus the 3 freebies, got 4 legendaries, great! Got crap for epics though. Had to smorc it up with Shaman to do the Standard dailies since I couldn't piece together any other deck, but that's over and done with now. 10k dust to work with, not sure what to build first....

I think I'll just fiddle around in Arena as usual and wait for the meta to settle then copy whatever is good.

fertygo

Warrior Leg is pretty good its almost net positive everytime, you just fucked if getting cursed blade, even that is not too bad with gazillion armor that you possibly get

I've been really unimpressed with the evolve stuff. It seems to be a win more card that I thought it would be. And that card could be replaced and the deck functions just fine. The only good thing I saw so far was once double evolved 3 minions... but is that even good? I ended up sapping and he was overloaded so couldn't replay. He also spent 2 cards to do that, so it's a high cost and opportunity, since those cards could have been strong on their own if replaced with more versatile cards. Both evolves ended up being irrelevant in the end. Barely any stat gain except on the one I ended up sapping.

The only BS I've seen so far was evolving a totem into lorewalker cho... welcome back shredder RNG. Won him the game cause I couldn't remove his master of evolution... plus I had to use a shiv which enabled him to get lethal as well.

Acidote

After opening all those card packs, I am faced with a disgusting revelation. I have to resort to SMOrc because I lack most of the cards for control or even midrange decks.

The face is the place, I guess.

I'd pick Master of Evolution over Evolve every time.

He seems good enough. But evolve... I think it's weak so far.

I cut auctioneer b/c I just felt it was too slow especially w/ no healbot. I adjusted my deck again and now I don't think auctioneer is worth putting in now. Plus I was thinking shadowcaster would be enough of a replacement to auctioneer in terms of cycle without having to use spells with auctioneer. Also I like the flexibility that shadowcaster gives in the sense that you can use it on almost any minion in your deck.

tldr: I want to use shadowcaster so I cut auctioneer was pretty much it. My reasoning may be off on why though

This is what I'm thinking of running/modifying right now. It allows for more of a tempo style rogue w/ cycle and heal into malygos finisher. Kind of how you were trying minion based miracle. I just feel with the nerf to bf and the removal of healbot, rogue needs more board presence to finish with the combo.

There aren't a lot of flooding decks being played right now. Shaman seems to be the only one tbh. And one blade flurry is probably enough, plus a fan of knives. I might cut 1 shiv for 1 fan though. Shadowstrike has been carrying a lot of weight pretty hard too tbh.

I think shadowcaster is pretty good, just doesn't fit with malygos style well. Not nearly as well as sprint/gadget draw engines work.

I think I want to try shadowcaster in a brann deck. Maybe cthun based.

Top Bottom