• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Atram

102 Packs:

2x Nzoth
1x Hogger
1x Hallazeal
1x Fandral

and the complete Shaman set.

I think i am happy and have the 10 Quest packs to Open later after beating it.

Nicodemic

So, out of 63 packs I got 2 legendaries: Soggoth and Twin Emperor. Got enough dust to craft 2 more: went with Rag and Fandral. Pretty happy overall! My most wanted was Rag, don't care if he's competitive or not.

Still, I played a C'Thun druid deck in standard and had a lot of fun. C'Thun won me quite a few games cause when he drops it equals to board clear + deal with it now or die (last game, guy is at 18, I drop 19/19 C'Thun, clears board, no answer, gg).

Feel like it's gonna get old real quick for both sides but we'll see if a really good deck comes out of that strategy.

jgminto

tuYzlrL.jpg
That's incredible!

Shaman has so much potential for insane openings now.

Gothos

All in all had 18 packs. 2 legendaries (1 golden) - Zerus and Yshaarj plus 6 epics. Not bad. And had 6 wins in a row with anti aggro Paladin :)

Malice215

This aggro Shaman had a board that I had no answer to. He uses Evolve after playing Thing from Below which turns one of his minions into an Acidmaw.

Thankfully I had Swipe in hand to clear the board and force him to concede. Shaman is so silly now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First I've touched HS almost since it left beta, besides making one mechmage deck back in GvG...this set is super fun.
Welcome back, friend.

Pooya

That 1 drop paladin murloc is legit. I love it, glad I opened two, probably wouldn't craft.

Your hero power tokens are hilarious and with war leader they are really dangerous. we had old murc eye here, in those fatigue games that you hero power every turn it could just set up lethal.

The only murlocs I'm playing is knight, two warleaders, two blue gil and two of these guys. I think murlocs can be good defensively like this. It's the strongest early minions you can play in paladin. I don't like the 1 drop divine shield guy, hard to get value. I guess it's fine with N'Zoth. Paladin should have received a 2 drop though, it's so weak. nothing better better than flame juggler and blue gil to play.

Ladekabel

Finally got my 2 wins in Standard. After game upon game with bad RNG, dead draws or both, I finally got my second win with the N'Zoth Priest I cobbled together.

And the streak with only getting the best of the legendaries continues! First pack of the free five had a golden Nat Darkfisher. It's a free whatever other legendary I craft I guess.

So far I have N'Zoth, Twin Emperor, that Warrior legendary, the Dustymonster and the Slitherer. But I think I'll wait until everything has settled before I craft anything.

Dragner

My recount after 150 packs.

Class legend.

Warrior
Druid
Mage
Paladin

Neutrals
9 mana taunt garbage
Nat pagle
Golden god, the bad one (I have to learn the names).

Not too bad.Not emperor but had plenty of dust so whatever.

Finalow

had fun with some C'Thun decks but I don't see them being good enough to stay in constructed for long.

Yogg-Saron is hilarious to see in action.

All in all had 18 packs. 2 legendaries (1 golden) - Zerus and Yshaarj plus 6 epics. Not bad.
2 legendaries (1 golden) and 6 epics from only 18 packs. ''not bad'' he says.
best card I got from those free 13 packs was an epic, packs confirmed to be rigged. at least the epic card was Blade of C'Thun which seems to be ok.

Holy fuck!
-
smh

Apathy

My recount after 150 packs.

Class legend.

Warrior
Druid
Mage
Paladin

Neutrals
9 mana taunt garbage
Nat pagle
Golden god, the bad one (I have to learn the names).

Not too bad.Not emperor but had plenty of dust so whatever.

The only bad one you got were the mage one and nat (and if you play mill he's good). Soggoth is not trash, considering your opponent has to ram guys into him.

Parshias7

76 packs and I got Nat Pagle, Cho'Gall, and that Mage Legendary. Got pretty much all the good Shaman stuff at the lower rarities, though.

I wonder who possibly thought the new Nat Pagle was a good idea. I wonder that for a lot of cards.

Maximo

Legendary card RNG continues to be as bad as it's always been to me. Opened 60 packs and got 1 legendary... Deathwing. You guys have all the luck!

Ha least it was Deathwing I opened 30 and got the shitiest legendary there is, Boogeymonster..no one has a more shit RNG then me in Hearthstone Card Pack Opening.

patchday

There is a daily quest system that is only unlocked after you do some of the initial "tutorial" quests. The extra 3 free card packs (and then 7? after that) are only given to you if you have access to that daily quests because they take the form of daily quests. So you have to clear your tutorial quests before you can get those. However you might not get the card pack quests if you only just started since you have not unlock the quest system. Still I can imagine you could just contact Blizz support and they'll happily let you have access to those packs or even just put it in your account if you're polite.

Thanks. I'll probably contact support because I did all the tutorials and I also did a bunch of practice games to unlock the heroes

2 legendaries in my 103 packs, and some people get 2 in one pack. Plus I get what is probably the second worst legendary in the expansion. FML.

Bizazedo

2 legendaries in my 103 packs, and some people get 2 in one pack. Plus I get what is probably the second worst legendary in the expansion. FML.
I got two golden Soggoths, normal Soggoth, golden Boogeymonster, Annomalus, golden Yog Sarron.

I am indecisive as fuck in what to do.

fertygo

Link to new deck? I basically added Forbidden tentacles, the 3 mana 1/5 dude and a couple other small things but overall pretty similar.

I don't have link but yeah very similar, its very easy to proc sea giant, frostlord and that 1 drop that became 5/5

but that 3 drop is the fucking MVP

Magnus

Trying Evolve and Aggro Shaman decks and getting my ass handed to me. Evolve has resulted in shitty boards, even with 3 or 4 minions up. I don't get what I'm doing wrong.

Top Bottom