• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Don't tell blizzard, but I recently did the parrot quest and got 4 instead of 2

2gbzgmT.png

Evolve Shaman really is insane
"That's incredible!"
"That's incredible!"
"That's incredible!"
Easiest Rank 5 I've ever gotten.
It's an awesome and insanely fun deck. Being able to drop two 5/5 taunts on turn five with a Tuskar as well is insane value. Also the evolve mechanic is awesome. Do some damage, evolve to a higher mana card, do more damage next turn and then evolve again. I have even withstood a 19/19 cthun 19 damage onslaught itch two minions on the board and lethal attack remaining and took no damage to the face.

Early on I was worried about cthun decks but players are spending so much time building to a turn ten tide turner that they are on their last legs facing a full board by the time that turn comes.

Ketch

watching kripp stream right now and he had his cthun get hexed and killed, but then after wards was still able to proc the 2nd taunt on twin emperors. But, when he played doomcaller it still didn't put the cthun back in his deck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Evolved into Doomsayer.

RIP me.

Note to self: Never evolve 1 mana minions

Tagyhag

watching kripp stream right now and he had his cthun get hexed and killed, but then after wards was still able to proc the 2nd taunt on twin emperors. But, when he played doomcaller it still didn't put the cthun back in his deck.

If the Cthun itself is hexed or polymorphed and killed doomcaller won't bring him back.

Has to be killed as Cthun itself.

I'm beating people with a lot better decks than me on low ranked EU. My favorite was playing a warrior to fatigue as priest and Mind Controlling his 16/16 C'thun.

Shadow Madness is proving very useful against C'Thun decks.

zoukka

Ok here's my legendary haul from all the packs I opened:

2 Herald Volazj
Princess Huhuran
Fandral Staghelm
2 Boogeymonster (booo)
Yogg-Sason (yaaay!)

All in all quite good since Yogg-Saron was the legendary I wanted the most.

Now to craft all the missing cards I guess, takes a bit of the collecting impulse out of you when you have 12k dust lol.

Ketch

If the Cthun itself is hexed or polymorphed and killed doomcaller won't bring him back.

Has to be killed as Cthun itself.

yea i knew that, but I didn't know that it would still work for the other cards that use cthun as an activator. like twin emperors... it's pretty good to know.

zoukka

Man Yolo Gods is really forgiving as an expansion. You really don't need many of the legendaries, most of them are bad. I can only think of a few must-crafts like Yogg-Saron, Xaril and Rag.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How to make Cursed blade useful: A renounce darkness guide.

Step 1) Equip 0 mana Cursed Blade, hit face.
Step 2) Equip 4 Tenticle for Arms

You have successfully used cursed blade.

Pooya

screw C'Thun druid, I'm actually having more success with beasts, gotta out race the shaman. Savage Roar is a better win condition that C'Thun, zzzz.

the new buff draw a card is pretty decent, stranglethorn tiger is a decent minion, wildwalker can buff your cheaper beasts into mid range minions. It's quite good in meta, aggressive deck with substantial minions and burst damage wrecks all these slow bad decks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
is it good...?

Maybe?

A Priest just entombed my Axe Flinger.

Edit: He forbiden Shaplinged a Rag Light Lord. He also had Soulpriest up, hit his face for 8.

He won in the end, my hand was nothing but cursed blades and Tentacles for Arms. Got him down to 5HP.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just play against a Rogue. Played Renounce Darkness turn 1, so it turns into a weird mirror match. The Rogue finishes me off with a Jaraxxus he got from Undercity Huckster.

Edit: Was a warlock until turn 6, became a hunter. If this card is competitive at all, it would be in some weird handlock, where you get a sizeable hand then play it.

Aon

I just finished opening my quest packs, for a total of 63 packs.

3 legendaries.

3 Cho'Galls.

Better than 0 legendaries and 0 Cho'Galls.

Pooya

this guy just evolved his Rag into Blade of C'Thun lolololol.

Kinda telling that nobody is talking about wild

I went and played to finish my rogue quest since I got nothing from my packs for rogue, well there is a single huckster, I'm not using my dust yet. It was wild like before. It's like a mode for people that didn't get any new cards lol, it's poor man's ladder lol.

The new menus look really pretty though, better than standard.

i think im gonna go w/ a tempo style maly rogue. Combining raptor rogue w/ a malygos finisher. I think that may work well

I did have a look at your list. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run either gadgetzan or auctioneer in it.

I did like shadowcaster, although I don't think it was moving me towards a win enough, at least in terms of big strategy. This was before I decided to go the malygos route. But I felt like coldbloods weren't making enough dent, I needed more reach and therefore decided that malygos was the best answer there. I cut the cards that weren't working towards that single strategy (huckster, violet teacher, defender of argus) and replaced them with cards that would work and fit that strategy (shiv, tomb pillager, emperor thaurisan). After that I started winning consistently. And even when I don't draw malygos, I can often accrue enough burn to make it happen, especially against some of these decks that haven't been putting out much pressure.

I think I'll keep trying a more minion based miracle deck, but I kinda feel like it requires a big combo text card like oil rogue which produces 9 damage itself when you get the full value out of it. For cold blood to hit that, you need to get 2 strikes off it.

I did have a look at your list. I'm not sure why you wouldn't run either gadgetzan or auctioneer in it.

I did like shadowcaster, although I don't think it was moving me towards a win enough, at least in terms of big strategy. This was before I decided to go the malygos route. But I felt like coldbloods weren't making enough dent, I needed more reach and therefore decided that malygos was the best answer there. I cut the cards that weren't working towards that single strategy (huckster, violet teacher, defender of argus) and replaced them with cards that would work and fit that strategy (shiv, tomb pillager, emperor thaurisan). After that I started winning consistently. And even when I don't draw malygos, I can often accrue enough burn to make it happen, especially against some of these decks that haven't been putting out much pressure.

I cut auctioneer b/c I just felt it was too slow especially w/ no healbot. I adjusted my deck again and now I don't think auctioneer is worth putting in now. Plus I was thinking shadowcaster would be enough of a replacement to auctioneer in terms of cycle without having to use spells with auctioneer. Also I like the flexibility that shadowcaster gives in the sense that you can use it on almost any minion in your deck.

tldr: I want to use shadowcaster so I cut auctioneer was pretty much it. My reasoning may be off on why though

This is what I'm thinking of running/modifying right now. It allows for more of a tempo style rogue w/ cycle and heal into malygos finisher. Kind of how you were trying minion based miracle. I just feel with the nerf to bf and the removal of healbot, rogue needs more board presence to finish with the combo.

patchday

I just started playing today. But I am confused. I thought I was supposed to receive 3 new packs from the latest exapnsion? When I logged on I did the mandatory tutorial and then I went to unlock all the heroes

After I purchased a card pack, it finally gave me the 3 cards (2 Beckoner of Evil & 1 C'Thun). Is this what they meant by 3 new card packs?

Acidote

Results after 62 packs bought with hard earned gold:

Epic
Blood of the Ancient One
Darkspeaker x2
Renounce Darkness
Embrace the Shadow
Tentacles for Arms x2
Shadowcaster x3
Cabalist's Tome
Twilight Summoner x2

Legendary
Hogger
Cho'gall
Mukla

I'm not too happy with what I got. I don't think most of those will be useful, specially for the kind of decks I use to play.

Top Bottom