• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

bjaelke

ChD7MyRUUAEuZjF.jpg:orig

Levi

Banned
Z0wqqkf.gif

Using the Innkeeper app from Hearthpwn to track my collection. Here's the result of opening 79 packs plus crafting two legendaries and 3 epics. I want to open more packs but I'm not missing anything that great.

I really have no idea what to do with all these packs I opened. Always feel l never have enough to do any new decks with them.

Basically just been bashing away with a tweaked (cos I dont have all the cards) Classic rogue deck.

I wouldn't add 2 Medics. I think that's too much. I run one in my Shadow Reno deck and it seems plenty - it either is great removal bait, or it sticks and heals me up for 4-10 health. I also run Velen and find him insane for a late game burst with Shadow Form. Nine mana, summon a 7/7, deal 6 damage to anything? Solid. I don't run Confessor because I don't have her and also think she's too random.

I have Harrison in my Shadow Reno Priest right now. I like it a lot - it basically wins a game vs Jaraxxus and also is handy versus Control Warrior match-ups.
Thanks for the feedback! I didn't even know that Harrison beats Jaraxxus!

Owzers

i finally had a good card to play and i didn't read the Centarious text option closely and just hit the 2/2 option but it was the +2/+2 and the board was empty. yeah.

Apathy

god, hate these brawls, who puts a spiteful smith in a mage deck. at least if it's going to be random cards, make them cards someone thats not brain dead would put into a deck for a class

My first opponent in Brawl just destroyed me. He's getting solid Mage cards - Water Elemental, Mana Wyrm, Coldarra, etc - but I somehow stabilize through gratuitous but slow draw. We come up on the climactic turn; I now have a board and he does not.

But then he play Deathwing, Dragonlord.

And I think, "There's now way he could actually have enough quality dragons in his hand that I need to worry about this thing too much."

So I kill it. And midway through its death animation the rope appears. I can't do anything but watch as Nozdormu, Onyxia, and Nefarian all land on the field. I lose.

Most fun I've had losing in a long time.

Magnus

My first opponent in Brawl just destroyed me. He's getting solid Mage cards - Water Elemental, Mana Wyrm, Coldarra, etc - but I somehow stabilize through gratuitous but slow draw. We come up on the climactic turn; I now have a board and he does not.

But then he play Deathwing, Dragonlord.

And I think, "There's now way he could actually have enough quality dragons in his hand that I need to worry about this thing too much."

So I kill it. And midway through its death animation the rope appears. I can't do anything but watch as Nozdormu, Onyxia, and Nefarian all land on the field. I lose.

Most fun I've had losing in a long time.

What in the world...the brawl gave your opponent all four of those legendaries? lol

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't even know that Harrison beats Jaraxxus!

Maybe wins is a strong word, but late in the game drawing 7 cards or so is a huge card advantage swing - and since you're facing a Warlock, they've probably outdrawn you to that point so you're not at a huge risk of fatiguing too soon.

You'll still need to deal with their 2-mana 6/6 infernals each turn, so you've gotta win fast or it's bad news.

Triz

I love N'zoth in Rogue. Such a fun deck to play. Even managed to copy him for the 1 mana 1-1 version in my last game a swarmed the board.

Finalow

about ranked rewards, does it just count the highest rank between the 2 modes or it counts only standard?

Trying to find out if there is any point in playing ranked standard without a good deck for it.

-

also I have around 2000 dust so I'm unsure if I can / should craft any standard deck. evolve shaman seems great but I probably need more dust unless I run it without legendaries.

about ranked rewards, does it just count the highest rank between the 2 modes or it counts only standard?

Trying to find out if there is any point in playing ranked standard without a good deck for it.

It takes your highest rank between Standard and Wild. You can play whatever you want essentially.

What in the world...the brawl gave your opponent all four of those legendaries? lol

It was crazy. Added the guy afterwards and asked him how to get to the deck building screen. :p

-

also I have around 2000 dust so I'm unsure if I can / should craft any standard deck. evolve shaman seems great but I probably need more dust unless I run it without legendaries.

There aren't any good standard decks right now. Most of the lists aren't optimized simply because no meta has been established. We know Aggro Shaman is seeing play and C'Thun Druid/Warrior. That's about as far the spectrum goes at high ranks.

With that being said, unless you really want to play Standard right now, I would hold off on crafting anything until the pieces fall into place if you are playing on a budget.

Why is the brawl not Old Gods themed? Why is the Rogue deck so bad, at least I barely won my 2nd game for the pack

Oh my god golden Alex :eek:

First golden Legendary and no way am I dusting it

god, hate these brawls, who puts a spiteful smith in a mage deck. at least if it's going to be random cards, make them cards someone thats not brain dead would put into a deck for a class

Spiteful Smith is a legit Arena pick even in classes that don't have weapons. You wouldn't ever see it in Constructed Mage decks, but you can do worse for random cards. Just be glad it wasn't a Servant of Yogg. Now that's a card that you won't ever see in any format.

IceMarker

Ah great, fell from Rank 3 to Rank 6 since Standard hit. Lucky mother fuckers. Priest is really hurting without cheap ways to deal with 4 attack minions, Lightbomb used to do that easily.

Fair do's, I can't by a win in Standard since the new cards came along. I wouldn't be too concerned considering everyone's learning new decks but my quest log is full and I'm unable to win with Mage/Druid/Shaman for shit at the moment.

Can't even try losing in the Brawl as it's not up in EU for a couple of hours.

Apathy

Spiteful Smith is a legit Arena pick even in classes that don't have weapons. You wouldn't ever see it in Constructed Mage decks, but you can do worse for random cards. Just be glad it wasn't a Servant of Yogg. Now that's a card that you won't ever see in any format.

my mage deck did have two servants and both killed themselves also had that neutral card that silences demons.

zoukka

wow deathrattle rogue seems so op. Value bursting from every minion, I had a board full of Raptors with Bloodhoof deathrattles thanks to thistle tea and shadowcaster.

Top Bottom