• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think I discovered a bug.

A warrior's C'Thun came out, I Peacekeeper'd it, and then the warrior played the minion that granted him 10 armor IF the C'Thun had 10+ attack, which it didn't. But he still got the armor boost. C'Thun was out on the field with like, 3 attack, but the '16' attack C'Thun still appeared briefly in the side portal, just as it was before he played it a turn ago.

Wha gives?

I guess it is possible that these don't work with temporary buffs as Blizzard suggested. These effects still work when C'Thun is dead as it is programmed like an aura attached to the player.

nubbe

I just had a shattering orgasm

GhUWZcK.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think internally, there's two C'thuns. One is the card in your deck. The other is the C'thun counter, which is what you see whenever it gets buffed. Since the C'thun counter is at 10+, all those guys trigger even if the actual C'thun card has only 1 attack.

If your C'thun dies, your cards that buff C'thun still trigger the C'thun counter I believe. Someone will eventually test the limits of C'thun ownership and buffing.

Mixed2k

I think internally, there's two C'thuns. One is the card in your deck. The other is the C'thun counter, which is what you see whenever it gets buffed. Since the C'thun counter is at 10+, all those guys trigger even if the actual C'thun card has only 1 attack.

If your C'thun dies, your cards that buff C'thun still trigger the C'thun counter I believe. Someone will eventually test the limits of C'thun ownership and buffing.

Also when C'thun is put into your deck/revived by that other card, he still keeps his "counter" stats, which makes sense otherwise that card would be nearly useless.

I swear I always get the worst arena draft options. I can't remember the last time I got to choose an epic, let alone a legendary. My last two starting picks were Angry Chicken / Imp Master / Bloodsail Corsair with the rest of picks being about that caliber. Somehow I was not surprised for my first two opponent's to have multiple epics and one legendary. I almost always go 0-2 before I start seeing decks even remotely comparable to mine in just card quality.

Saw this mentioned yesterday, forgot to ask. How does the pity timer work. I know it's every 40 packs, but I saw people talk about it resetting.

Since my last 15 packs have been OG packs, if I open a regular pack from the brawl, does that reset the timer?

ZealousD

Saw this mentioned yesterday, forgot to ask. How does the pity timer work. I know it's every 40 packs, but I saw people talk about it resetting.

Since my last 15 packs have been OG packs, if I open a regular pack from the brawl, does that reset the timer?

It doesn't reset if you start opening packs from another expansion. Each expansion has a separate pity timer.

Magnus

Yogg craft instantly vindicated. My god. So much fun.

First game I play it, it heals and buffs all my minions, spectacularly kills or Entombs all of the enemy minions, and gives me a druid attack buff to get exact lethal. Loved it.

ZealousD

Is this known? I thought the existence of the pity timer at all was just conjecture based on a few vague comments from Blues.

It was statistical analysis that was posted on Reddit post-TGT. I'm sure if you do a Google search you can find it. As far as I am aware we have no official confirmation from Blizzard.

peakish

Two packs and 30 gold for a 3/3 arena run. Haven't played any arena this year, if this becomes common I'll probably put all my gold into it though.

Two packs and 30 gold for a 3/3 arena run. Haven't played any arena this year, if this becomes common I'll probably put all my gold into it though.

I think you just got lucky. I did 2 Arena runs last night (5-3 with Rogue and 7-3 with Shaman) and didn't get 2 packs from either run. I did get Herald Volazj from the Shaman run, though.

ViviOggi

I swear I always get the worst arena draft options. I can't remember the last time I got to choose an epic, let alone a legendary. My last two starting picks were Angry Chicken / Imp Master / Bloodsail Corsair with the rest of picks being about that caliber. Somehow I was not surprised for my first two opponent's to have multiple epics and one legendary. I almost always go 0-2 before I start seeing decks even remotely comparable to mine in just card quality.
What? Imp Master is a good card in arena while most epics suck.

Levi

Banned
The New Meta:

Tier One:
Whatever Degenerate Deck my Opponent is Using

Dumpster Tier:
The Deck I'm trying to ladder with.

Just built this Deathrattle Priest. Haven't tested it yet. Any initial thoughts?

1x Circle of Healing
2x Power Word: Shield
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Museum Curator
2x Shadow Word: Death
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Harvest Golem
2x Auchenai Soulpriest
1x Elise Starseeker
2x Infested Tauren
2x Excavated Evil
2x Corrupted Healbot
2x Entomb
2x Cabal Shadowpriest
1x Herald Volazj
1x Sylvanas
1x Mind Control
1x N'Zoth, the Corrupt

Basic plan is to summon a few Deathrattle dudes, make a few copies with Volazj, out-value my opponents, and then dump N'Zoth at the end plus Elise as back-up. I want to try to combo Auchenai with Corrupted Healbot, but that might just be fun on paper but awful in-game. Also, Infested Tauren is there to give me a bit of a shield late-game if I need a taunt to survive when I drop N'Zoth, but Infested Tauren might just be too awful to keep in there.

Making some modifications after a few games: I'm removing both of the Corrupted Healbots. I like them, but they're so hard to combo out, and even worse, if I N'Zoth late in the game without an Auchenai on board, I'm basically giving my opponent a chance to heal for 8 or 16 life. Really not good.

In their place, I'm adding 2x Shifting Shades. They're not amazing, but I think they'll (1) synergize with N'Zoth and Volajz, (2) give me a little more early-to-mid game board presence, and (3) not cause anti-synergy with N'Zoth like the Corrupted Healbots seem to do. Haven't tested the new version just yet, so we'll see how it goes. Considering dropping one Thoughtsteal for one Holy Nova or a second Circle of Healing.

Sure am glad Paladin found a way to keep being complete and utter cancer.

How about for the next format we just throw all the Paladins together so they can leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think C'Thun Druid is going to fall out of whatever high tier people have it in as Black Knight becomes more prevalent. If you can BK the Arakkoa or one of the Twin Emps, the druid player is gonna have a sad day. The deck relies on those cards to stablize. If you can deny that as the Shaman player or other C'thun deck, you should be able to push the druid down for lethal.

Black Knight feels really good right now, yall.

Apathy

Sure am glad Paladin found a way to keep being complete and utter cancer.

How about for the next format we just throw all the Paladins together so they can leave the rest of us the fuck alone.

best counter to cancer paladin is paladin.

Someone tried using what seemed to be almost the "shields up" deck the game suggests for you. My paladin deck has steward of darkshire and i was getting away with using hero power and trades and my opponent used blood knight offensively and got it to 9/9 on like turn 5. He thought he got me and i mannaged to use kill it that following turn cause I had weapons and buffs and a argent protector. He could never get back

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
On 2nd thought, really should've played it to find out if just the card text was bugged in the brawl. Played Pit Fighter instead, won and got my Pity Gruul.

So there's that.

Its a known bug. The tooltip always shows for the card, even though the minions don't have charge anymore. Likely because it's a spell, the tooltip is hard coded to show as a card attribute.

Top Bottom