• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

jgminto

Just a bunch of the aggro and tempo/midrange decks near the top of Hearthpwn. I haven't had the chance to get too creative and just wanted to try and win some games quick to get all the free packs before really experimenting this weekend.

(I'm a dirty netdecker this week, I suck)
5NhssQZ.jpg
Here's my list if you're interested (though I've swapped Fireguard Destroyer for a second Hex). The best times to use Evolve is when you'll get a serious mana advantage (Nerubian Prophet, Thing from Below and Tuskarr Totemic are great for providing this), trade advantage with low health minions and strengthening weaker turns when you need to totem up.

Renounce Darkness Warlock might not be the most competitive or I guess reliable deck in the game but god damn do you get some broken ass mage and shaman decks sometimes. Its such a fun card. The pure randomness of this expansion and a lot of the cards in it has been very fun to watch and play. I kinda love it.

Yup I only saw it once and a Warlock fucked me over with his 0 mana evolve and other broken discounted Shaman cards.

Apathy

BTW, soggoth, dude deserves more praise. Shadow priest had to give up after he kept trying to target it with his hero power

Here's my list if you're interested (though I've swapped Fireguard Destroyer for a second Hex). The best times to use Evolve is when you'll get a serious mana advantage (Nerubian Prophet, Thing from Below and Tuskarr Totemic are great for providing this), trade advantage with low health minions and strengthening weaker turns when you need to totem up.

I've been having some good luck with this deck, I like it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Evolve 3/1 Totem Golem into 2/2 Druid of the Fang
Evolve Flametongue Totem into Doomsayer

THANKS EVOLVE

Wow had my first rage-friend-request. I feel like if you're playing a yogg-saron joke deck you probably shouldn't get too perturbed with it not working out all the time.

Apathy

Wow had my first rage-friend-request. I feel like if you're playing a yogg-saron joke deck you probably shouldn't get too perturbed with it not working out all the time.

pretty much. like getting mad at a coin toss really, it's like, "you use yogg and it killed you, not my fault"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best fucking expansion ever

ViviOggi

Not every list running Yogg is necessarily a joke deck, but yeah you should know what you're getting yourself into when playing that card.

fertygo

Is filling your deck with fiery bat and Huge Toad can work if you use N'zoth in Hunter?

I feel that gonna screw your chance get Highmane from it isn't it?

just got N'zoth so I wondering

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Renounce Darkness Warlock might not be the most competitive or I guess reliable deck in the game but god damn do you get some broken ass mage and shaman decks sometimes. Its such a fun card. The pure randomness of this expansion and a lot of the cards in it has been very fun to watch and play. I kinda love it.

I think if you can strike the right balance of neutral card draw and Warlock junk, you can make it get a 50% winrate.

Ketch

renounce darkness is so much fun. just played it on turn 2 and got rogue. discounted SI:7s, raptors, and beneath the ground made for a fun and easy win.

does anybody know if there'a any other rules about it, do the cards you put in determine mana cost on the cards you get it out? Is it better to run more neutral cards? or all warlock cards?

Anybody else try it at all?

@drkirby

do you have any ideas? I just filled my deck with low cost warlock minions to make sure I had early tempo and hopefully a full board before renouncing...

Apathy

Already tired of C'Thun decks

2 years, pace yourself. C'thun decks are general good, easy to play for new people, gets them wins and they feel good, but they will eventually top out and thats fine, Blizzard seems to have done well with it. .A veteran player can obviously do better with it but I imagine higher up the less you'll see him.

I think the real God that has potential is N'zoth.

Dahbomb

Nzoth is a perfectly valid tech option for Midrange Hunter if control decks become dominant. Thing is that they already do well against Control decks thanks to Highmanes, Infested Wolf and Call of Wild.

the new spider wolf is actually a way better fit for hunter decks than creeper ever was. The two spiders being beasts makes it much more threatening and the higher attack means it does more work on the board by itself.

It doesn't need abusive or knife juggler (or pre-nerf undertaker) to get value like creeper did.

ViviOggi

Same, especially Druid.

You can tell Blizzard REALLY wanted the deck to work because all the minions for it are borderline insane, or in the case of stuff like Klaxxi, Twin Emps, Arrakoa, Shieldbearer, etc. just fucking broken.
Yeah C'Thun Druid is just insanely degenerate, pile of stats after pile of stats and a CTHUN CTHUN CTHUN here and there. But really that's just Druid in a nutshell, maybe Warrior can build a list with actual agency but I couldn't try it myself yet as I keep pulling a billion big Amanis instead of C'Thun minions

Yeah C'Thun Druid is just insanely degenerate, pile of stats after pile of stats and a CTHUN CTHUN CTHUN here and there. But really that's just Druid in a nutshell, maybe Warrior can build a list with actual agency but I couldn't try it myself yet as I keep pulling a billion big Amanis instead of C'Thun minions
You pulled a twin emp don't you dare complain

Ketch

Yea it was pretty fun when I played it, it's just a lot of dust.

Still got enough for two legendaries. Think nzoth for sure and then maybe I'll wait on the other.

manhack

I'm not sure it is OP yet, but when they curve out with big ass minions along with their removal options it is unstoppable. I suppose the same can be said of any good deck, but this just feels like the typical play your minions on curve, let your opponent deal with it and win or lose style game play.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jesus. Just went 7-0 with my deathrattle/midrange hunter. When you hold board and call of the wild the game just ends.

ViviOggi

Yogg has been pretty underwhelming for me at the end of day 1. You can generally rely on two thinga, him clearing a small- to medium-sized board and drawing an ASSLOAD of cards, but even the tiniest of lethals are a total crapshoot. There's just not that much burn in the game.

You pulled a twin emp don't you dare complain
Fair point

So apparently your C'Thun gets buffed even when you don't have one.

Playing Renounce Darkness Warlock, got enough of the C'Thun buffs card that it actually activated my Klaxxi.

Apathy

omg i love the new ragnaros. holy shit he just single handedly took out like 5 different taunts from this druid because he kept healing himself afterwards

ViviOggi

Btw new Trolden is out PogChamp

I'm not sure it is OP yet, but when they curve out with big ass minions along with their removal options it is unstoppable. I suppose the same can be said of any good deck, but this just feels like the typical play your minions on curve, let your opponent deal with it and win or lose style game play.
That's exactly my problem with it, and I wasn't implying it to be op. I think it's too early to talk power levels yet (except for Aggro Shaman which is as busted as expected, fuck Faceless what a moronic card to print alongside the BGH nerf), it's all about how it once again discourages decision making and enables auto-piloting. There is absolutely no nuance to C'Thun Druid in its current form.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I pulled Twin Emp and Soggoth from the quest packs. Good shit, I really wanted the twins.

Since I have Soggoth and Yshaarj or whatever I am really tempted to try Astral Communion Druid but I never actually pulled any copies of it.

Playing against C'thun Deck is not that bad, its let me play my cool shit.. can't say the same to other netdeck

Decklist yo.

I'll post it in a sec.

ViviOggi

I pulled Twin Emp and Soggoth from the quest packs. Good shit, I really wanted the twins.

Since I have Soggoth and Yshaarj or whatever I am really tempted to try Astral Communion Druid but I never actually pulled any copies of it.
It's fair to craft epics if you're not starving for dust. You're guaranteed to immediately start pulling dupes but as long as they're for a deck you really want to play it's worth it.

Heropon

Finally used part of the nerf dust and crafted Tirion, two Preparations and Shield Slam. Now I feel much better about playing Rogue and Druid in ladder after a full year ignoring them.

Top Bottom