• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Anyone tried the Serve the Old Gods Warrior deck recipe that's in the game?

Had a Warrior daily so gave it a go (the pirate Warrior deck I tried was a bit wank).Didn't have Vek'lor or 2 Crazed Worshipper so I threw Hogger Doom of Elwynn, Brann and a second Bloodhoof Brave in there to make ends meet, and it's surprisingly decent for a something the game suggests.

As an aside I just beat a Reno Warrior and I ended up with 37 armor. Think that's the highest I've ever since I've never played fatigue Warrior.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's fair to craft epics if you're not starving for dust. You're guaranteed to immediately start pulling dupes but as long as they're for a deck you really want to play it's worth it.

That's fair. I'm not really looking to open TGT packs anytime soon anyway, I should stop being so greedy with dust.

Playing against C'thun Deck is not that bad, its let me play my cool shit.. can't say the same to other netdeck

Decklist yo.

Here:

IihIMad.png

I would cut a wrangler for the legendary since it's super greed style right now. But if you just curve out it is really nutty.

Infested Wolf is <3.

Apathy

GImme the lowdown on the deck. I got Lightlord in one of my packs yesterday and am not sold on it.

Running a control setup, I'm assuming and then you just outlast with the heals?

I posted it a little bit back. Its very control oriented with buffing and debuffing. Really only have solem and a Harrison for draw, so you need to keep control of the board while managing you don't run out of gas. Turn 7 hits and it's go time, your opponent better have answers cause you're going to have questions. I decide who to drop first, either rag or tirion depending on the game and if I need/guarantee the heal

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I posted it a little bit back. Its very control oriented with buffing and debuffing. Really only have solem and a Harrison for draw, so you need to keep control of the board while managing you don't run out of gas. Turn 7 hits and it's go time, your opponent better have answers cause you're going to have questions. I decide who to drop first, either rag or tirion depending on the game and if I need/guarantee the heal

Rad, will give it a go. I want people to LIVE, INSECT!

rukland

So I am playing a mid-range(y) beast hunter deck with good results. The only match up I really feel weak in is C'thun druid there ramp is just crazy. Call of the Wild is just bonkers good.

Schnauzer

My thoughts so far.

Shaman is BROKEN. I can't emphasize broken enough. It's broken to the point I feel bad for playing it.

Dragon priest seems surprisingly viable.

That's fair. I'm not really looking to open TGT packs anytime soon anyway, I should stop being so greedy with dust.

Here:

IihIMad.png

I would cut a wrangler for the legendary since it's super greed style right now. But if you just curve out it is really nutty.

Infested Wolf is <3.

drop the loot hoarders imo, and 1 ram wrangler definitely. Two wranglers is slow. I honestly don't run forlorn hunter in mine. I do have carrion grub though. That card imo is a great 3 drop for hunter. I also run 1 cult master instead of sylvannas. Other than that I run 2 bows and a freezing+bear trap right now.

The hunter deck that I do have that does have forlorn hunters has a nzoth in it, but I have yet to test it out.

Had a Warrior daily so gave it a go (the pirate Warrior deck I tried was a bit wank).Didn't have Vek'lor or 2 Crazed Worshipper so I threw Hogger Doom of Elwynn, Brann and a second Bloodhoof Brave in there to make ends meet, and it's surprisingly decent for a something the game suggests.

As an aside I just beat a Reno Warrior and I ended up with 37 armor. Think that's the highest I've ever since I've never played fatigue Warrior.

I used that recipe today after crafting Vek'lor, and it's surprisingly quite good. I'm gonna tinker with it more, because I want to try more control warrior during this meta.

GImme the lowdown on the deck. I got Lightlord in one of my packs yesterday and am not sold on it.

Running a control setup, I'm assuming and then you just outlast with the heals?

I second this. I pulled a golden Ragnaros, Lightlord last night and desperately want to make him work in a deck.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
drop the loot hoarders imo, and 1 ram wrangler definitely. Two wranglers is slow. I honestly don't run forlorn hunter in mine. I do have carrion grub though. That card imo is a great 3 drop for hunter. I also run 1 cult master instead of sylvannas. Other than that I run 2 bows and a freezing+bear trap right now.

The hunter deck that I do have that does have forlorn hunters has a nzoth in it, but I have yet to test it out.

I actually had double freezing trap(forgot if this stuff was worth without scientist) and found it super clunky and easy to run out of stream, so I tossed in hoarder since I was trying forlorn and have been happy so far.

And yeah Carrion didn't seem too bad, especially into a houndmaster after. I thought about cultmaster but there's not as much sticky shit aside from the wolf. But yeah, double wrangler is hyper greed.

Playing arena with Deathwing in hand. Opponent has no cards, I play Deathwing. He top decks Cabalists Tomb into Polymorph. Needless to say I lost that game.

georly

Finally got to open packs.

83 packs.

Hogger
yshaarj
nat
twin emps

First 3 are probably not gonna get used (but I wont trash em yet), really glad I got twin emps.

I'm also about 15 packs from my pity timer, so I got good luck. Now to see what decks I can make. Priority is evolve shaman, and we'll go from there.

Tarazet

They nailed it with that recipe. Only complaint is that you will sometimes go into fatigue before your opponent does and get screwed over by it.

I actually had double freezing trap(forgot if this stuff was worth without scientist) and found it super clunky and easy to run out of stream, so I tossed in hoarder since I was trying forlorn and have been happy so far.

And yeah Carrion didn't seem too bad, especially into a houndmaster after. I thought about cultmaster but there's not as much sticky shit aside from the wolf. But yeah, double wrangler is hyper greed.

I find some traps worth it w/ eaglehorn, but since you are just running 1, hoarders may be better for the cycle. The snake synergizes with cult so I may throw one snake in my deck for another trap, but yea I dont think more than two traps is worth it for hunter right now. In terms of forlorn I just feel the 2 health to be too low at 3 mana, but like I said I havent really tried them out yet

gutshot

Thought the same thing as you with Grub and threw them into my Hunter deck. Figured 5 health is really hard to remove on turn 2/3.

They've immediately been killed the first 4 times I played them lol.

do you play shaman?

Mage Yogg decks are the most obvious shit ever but I just played one who suicided, thought 100% he had iceblock up haha.

This is so silly to me. Guys. There will always be a best class. Always. Honestly, for as much as people cried about it, I don't think Shaman is as cancerous as other things we've seen. Aggro Shaman is obviously powerful but gets countered by slow decks (more viable than ever!) and runs out of steam. Midrange Shaman is also powerful but still constantly runs into cumbersome turns due to overload, which is now just punishing instead of totally ruinous.

Thought the same thing as you with Grub and threw them into my Hunter deck. Figured 5 health is really hard to remove on turn 2/3.

They've immediately been killed the first 4 times I played them lol.

lol I havent that kind of issue yet, but I can see it happening if you have nothing on t1 or t2. Like not curving out well with hunter in the early game is really bad so I can see grub not really helping when you had no other minions on board

V-Faction

C'Thun cards are (quoting someone else) a Tribe without a Tribe tag, essentially. They're the mechs of GvG -- efficiently costed, power creep minions that are actually good on curve. This is their expansion to shine, as they won't be coming back, even in the next set.

And now that I've learned you don't even need C'Thun to active the C'Thun "effects", I'm willing to bet, at minimum, decks will have these minions:

Disiciple of C'Thun (x2)
Vek'lor/Vek'nilash

It's good for aggro, zoo, control, w/e you want.

Owzers

I'm still awful in arena, i can't play better than people who have better cards/draws than i do. Picked rogue, not a single area of effect spell offered, bad minions outside of a lot of early stuff but when i don't draw well it's useless.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I take it Cairn and Huhuran and essential for Deathrattle Hunter? Which is fine with me. I'm having fun tweaking Deathrattle Rogue.

fertygo

whoever designed flamewreathed faceless needs a kick in the dick. bull shit 4 mana with 2 overload

this card is common is very bad too, infecting arena and not even get much if nerfed, fuak

I already had 4 of this

Dasrkshire Councilman is more opie tho

I take it Cairn and Huhuran and essential for Deathrattle Hunter? Which is fine with me. I'm having fun tweaking Deathrattle Rogue.

I'm not too sure but I feel like Huhuran would be the better choice since she works with a lot of cards and has a sudden impact on the board as opposed to Cairn.

Edit: Papercuts makes a good case though. A neutral goes into all of your decks.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Which do you think is more fun? I'm contemplating making one of the two but not sure where to start.
Oh wow. That is... quite the question. If you prefer one class over the other go with that one. Don't take my word for it but sometimes with Hunter I find that I just straight up lost and there's nothing I can do about it. With Rogue I'll sometimes find myself in a board state like, 2/2, 4/5/, 1/1, 3/3, all with Deathrattle and they'll just straight up concede.

Fine. Rogue is more fun. If only because of Coin, Zealous Initiate, Bladed Cultist. 1/1,2/3. Causes the ability to make a 3/4 and get a weapon out the next turn.
I'm not too sure but I feel like Huhuran would be the better choice since she works with a lot of cards and has a sudden impact on the board as opposed to Cairn.
Edit: Papercuts makes a good case though. A neutral goes into all of your decks.
I could use Cairn for the Rogue!

Ridli

I've really enjoying steward of darkshire. I knew it was gonna be pretty good, but the added value on stuff like Bilefin tidehunter and Disciple of c'thun is pretty insane, both end up representing a possible six damage on their own. Makes for pretty great turn 5/6, especially when you need an annoyotron to give time against that shaman 7/7. Even got the stand against darkness combo off once.

Getting wrecked by flamewaker, but that's to be expected. Can't win em all.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
One thing I realized playing this renounce darkness deck is that Demonfire is actually pretty good. Its too bad the Shadow Beast isn't considered a demon.

squidyj

First time in 30 games against c'thun decks that someone got to use him.

yeah they're always like
"Imma buffin' mah c'thun!"

but I've only seen him played twice.
What's far more impactful are those cards that go "if your cthun has at least x blah blah blah"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In my experience, 1/5 cthun decks actually get to play cthun, and 1 out of 3 of those cthuns actually win the game.

Apathy

took a control cthun warrior to fatigue, guy was at like 40 health, no cards, i had 3 cards, pull out my n'zoth with tirion, sylvanas and a selfless healer to go with a selfless healer and a keeper on the board, he instantly quit even though i had 4 health

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, this version is actually pretty consistent. 5 neutral card draws gives you some real staying power, and you still got a strong deck if you manage to never draw a Renouce:
sKJHl13.png

Fishlake

Wow for the first time ever i was told I have already earned 100 gold today.

I've been playing too much.

The sad part is all of it was to get from rank 12 to 10.

Evolve shaman has failed me and I've given in to C'thun Druid.

Museum Curator REALLY wants you to have Majordomo.

yeah they're always like
"Imma buffin' mah c'thun!"

but I've only seen him played twice.
What's far more impactful are those cards that go "if your cthun has at least x blah blah blah"

Yeah. The warrior armor one or the druid +health minion are pretty insane. And C'Thun isn't the be all, end all if he's not buffed to an insane level.

Eric WK

Wow for the first time ever i was told I have already earned 100 gold today.

I've been playing too much.

The sad part is all of it was to get from rank 12 to 10.

Evolve shaman has failed me and I've given in to C'thun Druid.

Hey, don't feel bad. I earned 100 gold today to go from two wins to Legend all the way down to Rank 5. Not my day.

Top Bottom