• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

yeah what the fuck is going on here

Dr Boom had the name Dr 7, which was shorthand for "If you have 7 mana and he's in your hand, he's 90%+ of the time the correct play."

Then Paladins got Mysterious Challenger, which gave them the godlike Challenger -> Boom -> Tirion curve that was nigh-on unbeatable for lots of decks. Challenger was christened Dr 6 (since he costs 6 mana) and the meme came into its' own.

Dragner

Priest is garbage tier outside of midrange decks like dragon priest. Worst class in the game right now IMO, worst than druids.

Even Cthun priest is pretty bad, I wont play that over Dragon priest.

gutshot

Dr Boom had the name Dr 7, which was shorthand for "If you have 7 mana and he's in your hand, he's 90%+ of the time the correct play."

Then Paladins got Mysterious Challenger, which gave them the godlike Challenger -> Boom -> Tirion curve that was nigh-on unbeatable for lots of decks. Challenger was christened Dr 6 (since he costs 6 mana) and the meme came into its' own.

The problem is it is a dumb meme that needs to die. Even the original "Dr. 7" moniker was uninspired and boring.

Raxus

Priest is garbage tier outside of midrange decks like dragon priest. Worst class in the game right now IMO, worst than druids.

Even Cthun priest is pretty bad, I wont play that over Dragon priest.
I disagree but priest is now a bigger tech choice now more than ever.

well i got off another brann yogg. its remarkably reliable, though like, 2 embrace the shadows and 2 moonfires wasnt very exciting

still cant get the xbox dvr to work anyways

The problem is it is a dumb meme that needs to die. Even the original "Dr. 7" moniker was uninspired and boring.

You're not wrong. I was just explaining it.

Warrior seems okay, but I'm not seeing Priest as a viable class with these cards in this meta.

Don't worry, they will get another board clear in the next Adventure and that will make things better right, RIGHT?

I miss playing Priest. It was my most played class until around early BRM or so. I even got my first 12 wins in Arena with a Priest. I couldn't get into the Deathlord/Velen's/all the clears style of decks. It feels like you are clinging on by a thread even when you're winning by quite a bit. One hard removal and you're probably rekt.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dragon Priest seems alright. People are just sick of Dragon Priest and I am too.

Anyway Shaman does it better now. Not the dragons but playing beefy minions.

KuroNeeko

I miss playing Priest. It was my most played class until around early BRM or so. I even got my first 12 wins in Arena with a Priest. I couldn't get into the Deathlord/Velen's/all the clears style of decks. It feels like you are clinging on by a thread even when you're winning by quite a bit. One hard removal and you're probably rekt.

Yeah, Priest is my favorite class--namely Control Priest, but I'm window shopping for another class right now. Still to early to give up, but yeah, I think it'll be rough.

then who is Dr. 4??????

Ladekabel

Priest is my favorite class in the game. Prior to yesterday I missed playing it because I never got a quest for it. One thing I didn't miss was "Turn 7.......pass."

But N'Zoth Priest is the most fun I had with the class. Maybe I'll try Dragon again down the line. But my experience with it wasn't very good. Never had a dragon in hand when I needed an activator.

Priest is my favorite class in the game. Prior to yesterday I missed playing it because I never got a quest for it. One thing I didn't miss was "Turn 7.......pass."

But N'Zoth Priest is the most fun I had with the class. Maybe I'll try Dragon again down the line. But my experience with it wasn't very good. Never had a dragon in hand when I needed an activator.
What's your N'Zoth deck?

Levi

Banned
The in-game deck recipe for Zoo is very powerful. I took it out for a spin and I was just rolling over people. Darkshire into Forbidden Ritual into Sea Giant = GG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hey look, arena still sucks massive green testicles

Actually on second though maybe I'm too down on Hallazeal. Whether he survives or not he's saving you health. He has a soft taunt in that no one is willing to leave him on the board, except for the most defensive of control decks. At worst, he's a Druid of the Claw Bear Form against aggro/midrange. At best he gains you a bunch of life.

Only, I don't know if he has a place in Evolve Shaman because Evolve Shaman doesn't run that many damage spells. Is Midrange better than pure Evolve? Who knows?

This has been my problem in my evolve deck. Still Hallazeal has saved me literally multiple times. Can't underestimate a board clear and 6-10 health regain late game. Have yeat to use this with the 4-5 elemental destruction, I bet that would Reno Jackson level of health against a full board. The cards I am not enjoying much in the Evolve recipe are the Volcanic Drakes. They are terrible value at 6 mana and require to many conditions to be played at lower mana costs. Already swapped one for defender of Argus (which has worked well to taunt new full health evolved minions) and thinking of swapping the second for the Twilight Hammer, as that gives removal and face damage options and deathrattles a solid minion as well.

This has been my problem in my evolve deck. Still Hallazeal has saved me literally multiple times. Can't underestimate a board clear and 6-10 health regain late game. Have yeat to use this with the 4-5 elemental destruction, I bet that would Reno Jackson level of health against a full board. The cards I am not enjoying much in the Evolve recipe are the Volcanic Drakes. They are terrible value at 6 mana and require to many conditions to be played at lower mana costs. Already swapped one for defender of Argus (which has worked well to taunt new full health evolved minions) and thinking of swapping the second for the Twilight Hammer, as that gives removal and face damage options and deathrattles a solid minion as well.
Isn't the idea to drop an Elemental Destruction and then Volcanic Drake for free/cheap? Seems easy to do in this meta against most decks.

Haly

Volcanic not really worth it. Just play some Flamewreathed for maximum scum.

Haly

You can play both, but in an Evolution Shaman deck, Flamewreathed has negative synergy.

You're not evolving that aggressively in my experience. And a Flamewreathed might draw removal so you don't need to worry about losing its "value". It's a mistake, I feel, to go full Evolve, just like it is to go full C'thun or full N'zoth. You want to maximize returns of your gimmick without losing the best your class has to offer.

But yeah I don't run Flamewreathed myself. My list is using Azure Drake. In truth, I don't like Evolve Shaman all that much, but I know Volcanic was definitely a non-starter for me.

Isn't the idea to drop an Elemental Destruction and then Volcanic Drake for free/cheap? Seems easy to do in this meta against most decks.

Sure, if you had both cards and a board to clear. Even then the four health body is too easy to deal with in the subsequent turn for such a tricky to get set up.

Also much of the current decks I am facing are not stacking their sides of the board much.

Also agree about not going full evolve. Thinking of dropping one of my evolve spells. Rarely have I ever ran into a scenerio where I used all four evolve cards. Unless I am just throwing everything at the wall to get a RNG miracle.

Ladekabel

What's your N'Zoth deck?

It does currently look like this:

nzothy1.2u1sdq.png

Debating if I should replace Darkshire and Soggoth with Injured Blademaster. Forbidden Shaping is perfect as an eight drop.

Lumine

All of the WotOG pre-made decks are solid. You can probably get rank 5 with any of them.

Oh, to be honest I didn't know there was a pre-made with EtS. Makes sense I guess. I just never look at the recipes really. Deckbuilding is my favorite part of Hearthstone. :p

georly

It's not like you're evolving every single card, Flamewreathed is too strong to ignore.

He's also very likely to survive a turn, so even if you do evolve, he's still one more body to evolve. Chances are he took damage in a trade anyway. If not, you just did 7 damage to face and can afford to hold off a turn on evolve.

It's not like you're evolving every single card, Flamewreathed is too strong to ignore.

Yep. The beauty of evolve is taking a nerubian prophet that cost you 2 mana and did 4 damage and clears a minion and evolve it to a full Health 7 mana minion and adding a 4/5 body as well. And you can do all of that with a flamewreathed on the board as well.

dralla

I opened a pack and got Hallazeal. When you get legendary for classes you don't play do you dust them or try and make a deck around the legendary? I've got a few good Shaman cards thanks to opening Old Gods packs. But as a mostly F2P player, I could always use the extra dust to make something I need.

Finalow

I'm using this mech mage deck in wild but I'm missing Gorillabot A-3, what's the best replacement?

I'm thinking Mechanical Yeti or maybe Azure Drake since the deck has no card draw. I already lost some games by running out of cards but I'm not sure if it was because the deck has no card draw or if because I played poorly.

Hycran

Banned
I opened a pack and got Hallazeal. When you get legendary for classes you don't play do you dust them or try and make a deck around the legendary? I've got a few good Shaman cards thanks to opening Old Gods packs. But as a mostly F2P player, I could always use the extra dust to make something I need.

You only get 400 dust which can only get one epic or 4 rares. Hal is also a premium legendary so you really shouldn't dust it.

Also for people talking about volcanic drake, switch it for nerubian prophet. Play a 3 mana 4/4 that evolved into a 7/7 Kreygasm

Moonlight

Banned
I'm using this mech mage deck in wild but I'm missing Gorillabot A-3, what's the best replacement?

I'm thinking Mechanical Yeti or maybe Azure Drake since the deck has no card draw. I already lost some games by running out of cards but I'm not sure if it was because the deck has no card draw or if because I played poorly.
The deck has no card draw. You either dominate the early game or fizzle.

Haly

I think it's a mistake to dust a playable legendary for what's slated to be the best class of the rotation. Unless there's something you really want.

This goes doubly because you're an F2P player and if you want to grind to Rank 5 every month for dust, you won't have the luxury of crafting Legendaries you might need to optimize a deck. If it was Cho'gall or Herald it'd be a different story but not Hallazeal, not this early.

hypothetical situation that may or may not have happened -

Playing aggro shaman and play Finley turn 1, choices are

Warlock
Druid
Hunter

Which is best?

That's a really tough one, I think it's class dependent.

Priest - Warlock
Paladin - Warlock, Druid
Warrior - Warlock, Druid
Mage - Hunter, Druid
Rogue - Hunter, Druid
Druid - Hunter, Druid
Shaman - Hunter
Rogue - Hunter
Warlock - Hunter

Basically Hunter against classes low on heals. Warlock and Druid against more defensive classes.

Top Bottom