• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Zemm

yeah this is horrible, no way am I watching more of this. Isn't there another tournament this weekend? Standard hopefully?

Pooya

I'm guessing Koreans still don't like standard. When it was announced, reportedly, there was a huge uproar over there. OGN being a TV channel, probably wants to do something more people tune in to watch.

Tacitus_

Why would you play a control c'thun warrior without executes...

No matter, easy win, even though he brawled my N'zoth board. Fatigue doesn't really matter when you LIVE, INSECT

d8mQhpv.png

Was 1 win away from perfect 10-5

Zemm

people really don't like losing to priests with their cancer decks. "gos batard" was the French, I can take an educated guess what it means.

zoukka

Minibot into Rallying Blade...

The new most disgusting curve in Arena.

11-3 in arena. Lost to this Paladin in turn 5 lethal damage...

Good to see nothing has changed with Old Gods. Mage and Paladin just got even nuttier

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally, some new decks. Sick of seeing the same nonsense. Based Reynad

These casters are the worst. The worst. They don't know game mechanics. The girl is god awful.

bjaelke

Anything you are doing different?
I'd say so. Still tinkering (and open to suggestions) but currently only running 2x Disciple of C'Thun to proc Twin Emperor. Found Violet Teach to be a good way to contest the board against aggro - can clean up after Fan/Skulker. Might give Worshipper a try.

thCdVr8.png
9BlLjrT.png

Jrmint

Which of these Nzoth Control Paladin lists do you guys think is best? I'd like to try a new archetype but not sure the best way to run it.

I saw one with Dragons and one with just Sylvanas Cairne and Tirion.

Pooya

Finally, some new decks. Sick of seeing the same nonsense. Based Reynad

These casters are the worst. The worst. They don't know game mechanics. The girl is god awful.

They are LoL casters trying to enter HS, still new to the whole thing :p

but they are very good LoL casters.

Levi

Banned
Woke up, got excited there was a tournament to watch, saw mad scientist in a freeze mage, closed that tab immediately.

I have much respect for the folks out there who can craft and refine decks. I'm trying to make a Control Warrior in standard that doesn't rely on C'thun synergy, and it just doesn't feel like 30 cards is enough to get in everything I want.

jra3n2Q.png

Here's the first draft of my list, and here's an example of when it works:

That's Doomhammer I've got equipped, by the way, and a second Grom in my hand I got from Blood Brothers.

Not sure it's even worth playing CW without C'thun since that means forgoing Ancient Shieldbearer and Twin Emperor, but I feel like's there some way to make it work.

Warlockstone is a fun game....

edit: THATS IT, I'M FUCKING SPECCING EVERYTHING ANTI WARLOCK AGRO.

2nd edit: every time I do that though I run into c'thun druids and end up being screwed late game :/

You're not the first. My Warlock Ancient Hordes dropped me from 15 to 19 on the ladder. The bridge is over for that deck. Pirate Warrior is a beautiful replacement. There's enough over-3 health minions and hero attacks to keep board clears from hurting you too badly and plenty of great opening options (Ancient Hordes had like 2 or you were fucked).

I net decked it, which I'm not crazy about, but there's currently no recipe for it. : /

Portugeezer

i don't have Blackrock Mountain and not trying to drop $25 on it...

any good replacement for Quick Shot in Hunter that i can craft in this deck http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-hunter-midrange-standard-deck ?

I had a similar deck and then gave up on Quick Shots because I felt like I kept losing on early game curve. This deck seems fine on 2 drops though, just add another Hunters Mark, however it is a tech card so card draw could be a problem.

By the way, the first wave on Blackrock contains the Quick Shot, you could use 700 Gold to get it (that's how I got mine... and Emperor)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dat feel when an aggro shaman uses Lava Burst on your 1/1 taunt ooze. lol

CoolOff

Renounce Darkness + 28 Warlock cards is fucking hilarious lmao.

Edit: LOL. Double Twilight Flamecaller in my hand vs. Divine Shield Pally. Thank you RNGesus.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I had a similar deck and then gave up on Quick Shots because I felt like I kept losing on early game curve. This deck seems fine on 2 drops though, just add another Hunters Mark, however it is a tech card so card draw could be a problem.

By the way, the first wave on Blackrock contains the Quick Shot, you could use 700 Gold to get it (that's how I got mine... and Emperor)

i don't think you can buy individual wings anymore :/

Warxard

Banned
Heckler just gave me Archmage Antionades....

Guess who has a LOT of low mana spells :whew:

Thistle Tea > 3 Hecklers > get Ice Block, Archmage and Ice Lance > gg

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
so how are you guys liking the expansion? i haven't played much actually since it got released, i did notice that they gave me a few free old gods packs; that's a nice gesture from blizzard.

Pooya

Is killing a 5 health minion that hard? It's not like the card comes down on turn 3, it's quite weak on 3. I don't get the complaints about that, it's definitely not undertaker.

I beat the same rank 1 zoo player 3 times back to back and he had everything, it's too easy to destroy zoo and this is with a rogue with very limited board clears. What kinda deck you guys play that can't kill that thing? I was playing mid range shaman and again it lines up very well against zoo with lightning storms, hex and your early minions beat the hell out of theirs.
Without implosion, zoo can't come back from board disadvantage, the tentacles don't clear your stuff when they are summoned and take their entire turn.

Yet I don't feel rage similar to as when MC drops.

It's because Shaman requires staying on curve, being smart with overload, and hoping for decent evolutions.

MC just kind of gave you a great setup whenever you had the mana.

Much like evolve does now, but evolve isn't a set outcome like MC is.

inky

Nothing in shaman deck draw 5 cards and plays them, cards that prevent clearing their board and prevent good trades.

Shamans can't refill their hands after blowing their load either, although I guess that's less a Secret Paladin problem and more of a general Paladin problem.

Shamans can't refill their hands after blowing their load either, although I guess that's less a Secret Paladin problem and more of a general Paladin problem.
Mostly an aggro Paladin problem, card is pretty bad when you're not playing aggro or if you're opponent is also playing aggro.

There's a pretty fast variant of Secret Pally that ran the card. Or was, as most of those cards have left Standard.
Either way, at least it's only viable in fast decks. And honestly even then it doesn't draw a ridiculous amount of cards nearly as often as some claim it does.

Top Bottom