• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

You know what deck they should just delete from the game? Astral Communion Druid. Nothing feels worse than losing to a turn one Astral Communion into a turn two Rafaam.

Busted my ass to start a win streak with a home brew control deck in a hyper aggro meta and I lose because some shit head with a bad deck had a perfect opening hand into the perfect top deck.

You know what feels worse than that? Playing nothing but hyper aggro netdecks.

Give them a well played and hope you play them again.

fertygo

You know what deck they should just delete from the game? Astral Communion Druid. Nothing feels worse than losing to a turn one Astral Communion into a turn two Rafaam.

Busted my ass to start a win streak with a home brew control deck in a hyper aggro meta and I lose because some shit head with a bad deck had a perfect opening hand into the perfect top deck.

that deck is shite tho, its very hard to win half of your game with it

I was so excited for a fresh start in Hearthstone but I am really not enjoying this new meta :( Shaman taunts driving me mental, Paladins with over the top divine shielding, feel forced to play a ping class. Vsing Cthun decks for me right now feel like either kill them before they get him out or GG.

Been wanting to get better at Arena for quite a while, I know some of these WottG cards will be in arena too but I think it might finally be time I focus on that.

Levi

Banned
You know what feels worse than that? Playing nothing but hyper aggro netdecks.

Give them a well played and hope you play them again.

That astral communion deck is just another netdeck copied from some streamer, I'd rather face a real deck that has actual skill involved in piloting it.

that deck is shite tho, its very hard to win half of your game with it

That doesn't actually make me feel better. I know it's a garbage deck--I lost that game because my opponent won a series of coin flips that happened before the game even started. First, he got to go second, which that deck desperately wants. Then, he drew innvervate and Astral in his opening hand--out of a 30 card deck. He won purely based on the opening hand.

Not so bad, right? He has no cards going into turn two, maybe I can make something happen. Nope, he topdecks Rafaam, which by the way guarantees him a turn 3 play as well.

I'm very tilted. The card might as well read "Flip two coins. If both come up heads, deal lethal damage to the opponent's hero."

Fun and interactive.

Owzers

I was so excited for a fresh start in Hearthstone but I am really not enjoying this new meta :( Shaman taunts driving me mental, Paladins with over the top divine shielding, feel forced to play a ping class. Vsing Cthun decks for me right now feel like either kill them before they get him out or GG.

Been wanting to get better at Arena for quite a while, I know some of these WottG cards will be in arena too but I think it might finally be time I focus on that.

I'm not enjoying it right now but it might be because i've made bad decks and am not ready to go on a crafting binge. 12k dust, going to craft it alllllll.

Mulgrok

Is it just me or is arena A LOT harder now? I keep fighting 12-win worthy decks at 0-2/1-2/2-2.

It makes me wonder what kind of beast decks they got beat by.

Edit: On the flipside getting a 2nd pack at low wins rules.

If they are like me, only half my cards are great and the rest are weak trash that causes me to lose. It all depends on the draws.

EDIT: Arena is now way better than the period between WOG announce and release. That was a dark time.

Luigi87

So... my opponent just beat me with a kamikaze maneuver where both heroes blow up... As someone relatively new... I didn't know that was possible.

ZeroX03

Banned
That doesn't actually make me feel better. I know it's a garbage deck--I lost that game because my opponent won a series of coin flips that happened before the game even started. First, he got to go second, which that deck desperately wants. Then, he drew innvervate and Astral in his opening hand--out of a 30 card deck. He won purely based on the opening hand.

Not so bad, right? He has no cards going into turn two, maybe I can make something happen. Nope, he topdecks Rafaam, which by the way guarantees him a turn 3 play as well.

I'm very tilted. The card might as well read "Flip two coins. If both come up heads, deal lethal damage to the opponent's hero."

Fun and interactive.

So you're mad about a 25% chance of winning? You're also forgetting the part of the card that says "if either is tails, you lose the game". It's a stupid deck. You lost to bad luck almost immediately, move on to the next game, that's only two minutes of your Hearthstone career gone.

Luigi87

Well they still won, because mine blows up first.

My next match (I'm only doing Casual mode) my opponent had a golden Rexxar, and... I just didn't want to deal with a player quite that experienced right now.
... yeah I chickened out, something I'm not proud of <_<

ZeroX03

Banned
Well they still won, because mine blows up first.

My next match (I'm only doing Casual mode) my opponent had a golden Rexxar, and... I just didn't want to deal with a player quite that experienced right now.
... yeah I chickened out, something I'm not proud of <_<

I learned pretty quickly that just because somebody sunk a lot of time into the game doesn't mean they're all that good. Especially at whatever rank you are, or they're probably testing a deck in casual.

Also always persevere to rank 20 each month for rewards.

Luigi87

I learned pretty quickly that just because somebody sunk a lot of time into the game doesn't mean they're all that good. Especially at whatever rank you are, or they're probably testing a deck in casual.

I imagine they're testing.

I haven't even touched ranked yet admittedly.

bord

Neo Member
10-1 with this deck. Slightly modified from what a Gaffer posted up a few pages back, I didn't want to craft Hammer of Twilight just yet, already blew through 5000 dust to craft a bunch of cards I ended up pulling in my last five packs.

That was me :D

I feel like a 2nd Azure Drake is a better replacement for Hammer of Twilight. I've never really been convinced by Doomhammer in midrange decks. The main focus of this deck is board control, which I don't think Doomhammer does particularly well.

I liked having Defender of Argus instead of the 2nd Tuskarr. I used to always have 2 Arguses in Midrange Shaman. It has a lot more competition now with Flamewreathed Faceless and Master of Evo, but I still think it warrants a spot. Partly because it's important to get value out of your hero power. Sometimes with Shaman, your hero power does nothing and each time that happens, you've wasted 2 mana. I guess another option would be a 2nd Flametongue, which also does what I'm talking about and helps with the totem synergy as well.

Of course, if you disagree and your adjustments are working for you, and you're happy with how thing are going, just ignore what I've said.

Also Earth Shock is taking up the tech slot so, depending on the meta, adjust if necessary. It's a good answer for Darkshire Councilman and Paladin buffs. But if you're seeing a lot of C'thun decks, the Black Knight is insane.

I'm glad a few people have had success with the list. Have fun ladder climbing :)

ZeroX03

Banned
That was me :D

I feel like a 2nd Azure Drake is a better replacement for Hammer of Twilight. I've never really been convinced by Doomhammer in midrange decks. The main focus of this deck is board control, which I don't think Doomhammer does particularly well.

I liked having Defender of Argus instead of the 2nd Tuskarr. I used to always have 2 Arguses in Midrange Shaman. It has a lot more competition now with Flamewreathed Faceless and Master of Evo, but I still think it warrants a spot. Partly because it's important to get value out of your hero power. Sometimes with Shaman, your hero power does nothing and each time that happens, you've wasted 2 mana. I guess another option would be a 2nd Flametongue, which also does what I'm talking about and helps with the totem synergy as well.

Of course, if you disagree and your adjustments are working for you, and you're happy with how thing are going, just ignore what I've said.

Also Earth Shock is taking up the tech slot so, depending on the meta, adjust if necessary. It's a good answer for Darkshire Councilman and Paladin buffs. But if you're seeing a lot of C'thun decks, the Black Knight is insane.

I'm glad a few people have had success with the list. Have fun ladder climbing :)

I've just found between Thing From Below and Thunder Bluff, another Tuskarr is useful for consistent Totems. I've been liking Doomhammer just because it can help clear away the board before I finish, but Twilight is probably better. Earth Shock has saved my ass more than once.

I've found the deck just gets better value out of their cards than the other decks, even with overload the value of a Faceless or Totem Golem is usually heavily in my favor because they have to spend so much more in either mana or cards to take them down. Thing From Below is useful at almost any junction because of the stats. I'm not so much controlling the board by beating down minions as they are scrambling to knock me down which is the best place to be in.

Patron warrior is pretty fun. Glad to see its some what viable
Been using this deck

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/504074-legend-12-2-patron-wog
Blood to ichor is a OK replace meant for deaths bite

I love Patron Warrior. Probably my favorite Warrior deck to play with.

My Evo / Midrange Shaman is doing some work. Averaging 60% win rate and slowly climbing the ladder. On a win streak and I may just make it further than I did last month if I win a couple more. Super happy I'm starting to learn how to play better.

you know whats really exciting? i think ive got a tiny knight of evil list that halfway works.

yuqgGCY.png

im not 100% about the summoning portal because i havent drawn it yet but you get the idea

Tarazet

I played Reno Mage against a non-C'thun Control Warrior. I played Spellslinger. It gave him Thistle Tea, and when he played it, he got three Faceless Manipulators. He used it to clone Ragnaros twice on turn 10. I swear, Spellslinger is sometimes the worst and best card in the game. And the deck is not that strong in this meta. Okay against face hunters but aggro shaman just kills you before turn 6, and it doesn't have enough consistency to win control matchups.

Patron warrior is pretty fun. Glad to see its some what viable
Been using this deck

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/50407...2-2-patron-wog
Blood to ichor is a OK replace meant for deaths bite

I tried this one too. Only played one game, beat a C'thun Druid with a nut draw by playing around his board clears. As before I'm pretty sure Priest rapes this deck, because it still can't bait out Excavated Evil very well. As soon as he gets a sense of what your plan is he'll save it for your patrons.

someone used shadow word horror on me, my recruits died a terrible death. First time seeing the card be used.

Most important part of the game

3/4th of my decks are terrible dragon decks lmao. I felt bad b/c the last guy I played had a 15/15 cthun and couldve killed me if he killed my sylvanas earlier but he made some poor choices lol

Zoggy

are people on NA having issues? twice tonight I got lagged out and had to quickly close my client and come back

yeah twice it froze up on the screen after i won, and i could do nothing but just close it and come back.

then the message shows up i lost my last ranked game because of a disconnect.

gonna play casual for the rest of the night then.

bjaelke

someone used shadow word horror on me, my recruits died a terrible death. First time seeing the card be used.
I'm trying all the new cards out. Only way to be certain that they actually suck.

SW:H does surprisingly well with all the Zoolocks and Shamans. It offers an alternative to Wild Pyromancer that Priests didn't need.

I'm trying all the new cards out. Only way to be certain that they actually suck.

SW:H does surprisingly well with all the Zoolocks and Shamans. It offers an alternative to Wild Pyromancer that Priests didn't need.

im running two embrace the shadows and they seem to be very good especially when you don't want to throw down an ASP. Haven't tested SW:H yet though

Apathy

im running two embrace the shadows and they seem to be very good especially when you don't want to throw down an ASP. Haven't tested SW:H yet though

just wish it had a better animation, getting tired of red/blue/green fire. Specially with the art, how cool would it have been if a vortex opened up on one side of the board and all the minions that it could kill like struggle to stay on but get sucked in

Damn, 7-2 with Hunter in Arena.

Also, funniest thing so far this expansion: this guy plays Servant of Yogg-Sauran, and the random spell it casts is Shadow Word: Fear. His entire board is 2 attack or less, and all of my minions are 3+ attack. Hahahahaha!

Edit: WTF, only 3 rewards for going 7-2. Is that new? It used to be 4, IIRC.

Edit2: OH SNAP, Hallazeal from the Arena pack!

just wish it had a better animation, getting tired of red/blue/green fire. Specially with the art, how cool would it have been if a vortex opened up on one side of the board and all the minions that it could kill like struggle to stay on but get sucked in
Oh man, the animations are so lazy. Fan of Knives is even bugged right now.

Apathy

I'm trying a reno paladin right now for funsies. Wow is it ever stressful waiting for the draws. Jungle beast druid got me down to 4 and I top decked reno.

Also I did the best move I've ever done today some druid who played sylvanas and had a mire keeper. I had my sylvanas out first, so my death rattle would go off first and he would get something on my board. I had a keeper of uldaman in hand, so I use it on my sylvanas to make her a 3/3, ran her into the mire keeper and stole his sylvanas. Felt so good

Apathy

Evolve is honestly hilarious. I have never seen someone conceded so fast.

As someone who loves Shaman this is the best expansion to ever grace the game

I would ask Brode if I could what the hell where they thinking with that card. It's broken as fuck

Evolve is honestly hilarious. I have never seen someone conceded so fast.

As someone who loves Shaman this is the best expansion to ever grace the game

Want to know perhaps the most degenerate use? Onyxia + evolve.

I would ask Brode if I could what the hell where they thinking with that card. It's broken as fuck

I think it's average. Master of evolution is great but evolve is more or less a win more card imho. You could probably use bloodlust for a faster impact.

Top Bottom