• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

inky

N'Zoth seems really strong. I definitely fucked that up when I called it the most overrated of the set. I figured people had too high expectations of what it could do and how it could change games, but it seems it lived up to that promise.

Luigi87

Well finally finished pulling all 10 of my free packs from the new set and as someone who has been primarily playing Priest, hurts that I only drew two of the class' cards =( (Shifting Shade x2, Power Word: Tentacles x1)

Tacitus_

Feels so good when priests can't fuck over your good board anymore. Killed him from 30 after he had no response to my N'zoth, while I had fucked over his N'zoth a couple turns before. Entomb still sucks, but luckily he didn't have it during the setup turns.

N'Zoth seems really strong. I definitely fucked that up when I called it the most overrated of the set. I figured people had too high expectations of what it could do and how it could change games, but it seems it lived up to that promise.

Yea. I almost think it would be more balanced if it requires a death rattle to summon destroyed death rattle minions. Much like death wing needs to be destroyed to summon destroyed dragons. If they were to that maybe N'Zoth would need a better body to increase chances of staying around. Because it just dropping on the board and returning death rattle cards like Slyvanis immediately back is insane.

Also screw Slyvanis.

Dahbomb

I heard someone else say Stranghelm, N'Zoth and Ragnaros. I think it was Sjow or Savjz.
Yeah Ragnaros pretty good too especially now that a Control Paladin list is about to be solidified. It was always a great fit in Control Paladin, was just a question of whether it was worth using it.

Kinda have to play that new Pagle too just because it's a 2 drop.

bobito

Banned
they're still laddering with serious decks today, as usual I can't get above 15 no matter if it's the highest rated deck I have cards for on HearthPwn.

Seriously dude, this is the easiest time to ladder, check this nice deck

Screen_Shot_2016_04_30_at_21_29_19.png

This is the current Hunter deck I am running; 8-2 at rank 9 in the current meta (I fell from rank 5 to rank 10 trying to make Priest work, lol :-/).

http://i.imgur.com/iqJ9uFT.png

This is why I think people shouldn't freak out too much about the meta. I've only had one person actually make it to turn 10 against me.

Hyena won me a game at 12/7, IIRC. With the number of 1/1 tokens this deck can generate, it's smart to have snakes, spiders, or hounds on the board, drop the Hyena, and then boost him up. Huge tempo play. I might even run 2 Snake Traps, but I only have 1 and don't want to burn 400 dust on another.

So has anyone made a fun Y'Shaarj deck yet? It seems like such a goofy card but I have no idea how I'd actually get a deck to work with him. Astral Communion, Y'Shaarj and a bunch of 10 mana minions?

Shane86

Got to the heady heights of rank 15 for the first time in years today....

Turn 6 Sylvanas, Turn 7 Ragnaros light lord, Turn 8 Tirion.

Won't bother trying to rank up any time soon.

Still yet to see an N'Zoth or Y'Shaarj card/deck. I've seen Yogg-Saron a couple of times now and I ain't even mad (yet) when I lose to it, it's so damn mental.

So has anyone made a fun Y'Shaarj deck yet? It seems like such a goofy card but I have no idea how I'd actually get a deck to work with him. Astral Communion, Y'Shaarj and a bunch of 10 mana minions?
I've actually thought about running him in my Control Shaman list, which has:
Earth Elemental x2
Fire Elemental x2
Flamewrathed Faceless x2
Ragnaros the Firelord
Hallazeal the Ascended
Ysera

Aside from 2 Mana Tide Totems, those are ALL the minions in my deck. I've usually played a Fire Elemental or Earth Elemental or two by turn 10, so I'm thinking Y'Shaarj could be pulling Ragnaros or Ysera, and how many decks can deal with a 10/10 AND one of those in one turn?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Astral Communion Druid

Things are obviously bad if he grabs Forbidden Ancient or Novice Engineer, but otherwise this should do the trick.

Magnus

Seriously dude, this is the easiest time to ladder, check this nice deck

Screen_Shot_2016_04_30_at_21_29_19.png

Thanks for this. The reminder that basic is sometimes best. After a salty losing streak for 3 games, I used this (with Rhonin subbed in for Antonidas) and cleaned up against a C'Thun Druid at rank 9, of all decks.

Less fun than Yogg, but definitely packs more guaranteed end-game punch.

Apathy

Right now nothing feels as good as beating one of these evolve shaman decks.

"oh i'm just gonna play a bunch of garbage cards, do some trade, lul evolve heals my guys"

sorry pal, equality + wild pyro and forbidden healing to ruin your day

gs4QsC2.jpg

Current iteration with some tech choices in there to stop whats currently going on in the ladder. Getting either cairne or chillmaw as my next legendary, but not sure what to replace (probably a divine strength). Wishing for a better 2 drop, but flame juggle good, the 3 health what I like. Replaced solem vigil with drake. one less card but a body. I might even change it to lay on hands just for the draw

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah, I've been trying it. Messed with some different versions and have this now.

J3hqCMC.png

The original Deathwing would be an autoinclude here but I don't have one.

Zemm

Does mage have the most top class cards (compared to neutrals, not best of all cards in the set)? I mean I just made a mage deck of 100% class cards. I don't think I've done that before. Even in shaman, although I haven't tried this set yet.

You could almost do the same with Hunter, not as many as Mage but pretty close I think.

From this tournament, looks like zoo, shaman, miracle rogue, patron, druid and N'Zoth control paly are the meta decks.

Where are you watching it?

Levi

Banned
Hit single digit ranks! First two week of this month I got to 10, but then I dropped all the way back down to 16, was at 15 when Old Gods launched, and except for the day I tried to make Priest work I've been slowly climbing ever since.

Getting rank 9 is my version of hitting Legend. I don't think I have the patience for Legend or even rank 5. Oh well.

Apathy

watching trump get drestroyed by a druid on turn 5. Double innervate + coin on 1 is just so stupid. It should just fill 2 empty mana crystals.

bobito

Banned
Thanks for this. The reminder that basic is sometimes best. After a salty losing streak for 3 games, I used this (with Rhonin subbed in for Antonidas) and cleaned up against a C'Thun Druid at rank 9, of all decks.

Less fun than Yogg, but definitely packs more guaranteed end-game punch.

No worries, glad its working for you.

If you don't use tony, you may not need mirror image

Dude rank ten has some insane competition. Everyone has every card they need and rarely make mistakes if at all. I cannot no get a win streak to safe my life down here. It actually makes me want to just say screw it and good around with decks and take it easy because wow every match is intense.
It's not easy, that's for sure.

I'm surprised, too, but I never thought it would be so easy to get to round 10 consistently without playing a defensive/control deck.

Well finally finished pulling all 10 of my free packs from the new set and as someone who has been primarily playing Priest, hurts that I only drew two of the class' cards =( (Shifting Shade x2, Power Word: Tentacles x1)
Shifting Shade is the only Priest class card worth getting this set, and even that is situational. The class got absolute garbage, so don't feel bad for your draws.
Feel bad when you get slaughtered over and over in ranked.

From this tournament, looks like zoo, shaman, miracle rogue, patron, druid and N'Zoth control paly are the meta decks.
Don't forget that everyone banned Freeze Mage!

inky

watching trump get drestroyed by a druid on turn 5. Double innervate + coin on 1 is just so stupid. It should just fill 2 empty mana crystals.

I disagree, I still think it's a balanced card.

I didn't see what happened, but with a play like that, you drop your hand in a class with severely nerfed draw, silence and burst, and almost no good removal options, in a game where card advantage is very important. It's also not even a permanent mana advantage and is a completely dead card in top deck situations.

This turn 5 destruction moments are actually a heck more common in Zoo and Shaman nowadays.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh maaaaan...just had a hilarious game vs. a Nzoth rogue. He played 3 undercity hucksters(discovered one of them), revived them all later, and basically played a barrage of secrets and the new pally card that discovers a minion and gives it +1/+1.

I built up a board and didn't think he could do anything about it...suddenly Deathwing. Thankfully nzoth is a single board repopulator...

WCFjKiK.png

This deck is so damn good.

What happens if you entomb your opponents C'thun?

It's gone from your opponent, and ends up in your deck as a 6/6. Any remaining buffs your opponent plays won't buff it and doom caller can't recall it because it wasn't destroyed. To the posters point entombing a 6/6 10 mana card isn't great. Mind control would be better or just shadow killing it. But destroying it will allow doom caller to serve its purpose.

if you played any cthun synergy cards, the cthun you entomb will have those stats, otherwise it's a 6/6. Cthun buffs are saved to the player and not cthun itself

Interesting. So if you are a cthun priest guess that works. Still you have to survive the cthun first and have that card at the ready I suppose. Some of these cthun decks can kill you before cthun even happens if the right order of cards are drawn.

got another 1600, time for a tough choice, chillmaw, cairne or black knight

Going to really think about this

With how much taunt is happening now I would say black knight.

Holy shit is tempo mage strong. I was just playing a n'zoth paladin and I managed to get both flamewaker and frostcaller on board while freezing him and his only minion. I slowly snowballed the hell out of him. Cabalist tome, and then another cabalist tome. I went from having like 3 cards to a full hand of spells. After my second cabalist's tome my hand looked like this (yes, cabalist's tome off cabalist's tome)..

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04-30-16_17.59.06.png

Then he aldor'd my mana wyrm and healed himself to full with forbidden healing. After that I just nuked him and took him down from full hp. MIrror image + polymorph boar + frost bolt + fireball (top decked), and I didn't even have to use all my minions to take him out.

Apathy

Interesting. So if you are a cthun priest guess that works. Still you have to survive the cthun first and have that card at the ready I suppose. Some of these cthun decks can kill you before cthun even happens if the right order of cards are drawn.

With how much taunt is happening now I would say black knight.

Right now i cairne is off my list, between the other 2 it's hard, I usually dont have an issue with taunts as a paladin (as other classes I do) but every time I n'zoth deck for any class I just want more deathrattles, and a big deathrattle taunt is nice

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can not make any of the variations of Shaman decks work for me, but the new Warlock Zoo with Darkshire Councilman works really well.

Apathy

So i learned something new. If zerus transforms into prophet, any new transformation will always be 1 mana less than the actual card

How good cabalist's tome is makes me sad for how bad thistle tea is. I think thistle tea even at 5 mana would likely not be as good as cabalist's tome.

I would change thistle tea to draw a random spell and copy it twice. Then it would probably be playable even at 6 mana because you can build some strategy around it.

So i learned something new. If zerus transforms into prophet, any new transformation will always be 1 mana less than the actual card

Perhaps the same for all card buffs while in hand mechanics. Which means in gvg it can transform into bolvar, gain a ton of attack, and then transform into leeroy jenkins.

ViviOggi

got another 1600, time for a tough choice, chillmaw, cairne or black knight

Going to really think about this
Cairne if you want to play that cancerous N'Zoth Paladin as it seems to be the only good control deck for the foreseeable future. TBK is pretty good right now but not a must. I's never Chillmaw if you ask me.

Top Bottom