• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

KuroNeeko

Right now nothing feels as good as beating one of these evolve shaman decks.

"oh i'm just gonna play a bunch of garbage cards, do some trade, lul evolve heals my guys"

sorry pal, equality + wild pyro and forbidden healing to ruin your day

gs4QsC2.jpg

Current iteration with some tech choices in there to stop whats currently going on in the ladder. Getting either cairne or chillmaw as my next legendary, but not sure what to replace (probably a divine strength). Wishing for a better 2 drop, but flame juggle good, the 3 health what I like. Replaced solem vigil with drake. one less card but a body. I might even change it to lay on hands just for the draw

Don't run away. It's only me.

Councilman's text reads "you summon". No minion is summoned for me in that situation. I guess the game re-summons the stolen minion and then it changes ownership or something convoluted like that. Definitely needs to be fixed.

I'll go through it in case I explained it badly:
1. Opponent summons an MCT (I have 5 or so minions).
2. MCT steals some random crap minion.
3. My Councilman gets buffed.

I'm trying to think if there's something else that could have caused it but I'm pretty sure that's all that happened.

Weird, sounds like a bug.

Portugeezer

Dat feeling when you're 2 off lethal against a Warrior...

Then boom, that new C'Thun card which gives 10 Armour (and of course he played Justicar before)... crushed.

ViviOggi

Right now nothing feels as good as beating one of these evolve shaman decks.

"oh i'm just gonna play a bunch of garbage cards, do some trade, lul evolve heals my guys"

sorry pal, equality + wild pyro and forbidden healing to ruin your day

gs4QsC2.jpg

Current iteration with some tech choices in there to stop whats currently going on in the ladder. Getting either cairne or chillmaw as my next legendary, but not sure what to replace (probably a divine strength). Wishing for a better 2 drop, but flame juggle good, the 3 health what I like. Replaced solem vigil with drake. one less card but a body. I might even change it to lay on hands just for the draw
Doomsayer is the best 2-drop

Zoggy

saw a warrior run elise cthun.

played monkey before he got to cthun.

question would be, lets say his monkey transformed his cthun into a random legendary and one of his other cards into cthun.

would he still have the buffs?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
saw a warrior run elise cthun.

played monkey before he got to cthun.

question would be, lets say his monkey transformed his cthun into a random legendary and one of his other cards into cthun.

would he still have the buffs?

Yes. C'Thun's stats are attached as an aura to the hero. Any and all C'Thuns that the warrior would control would have the buffs he applied to it. Similarly, if a C'Thun Priest entombed your C'Thun, than your C'Thun would become his C'Thun and would get the buffs that the priest applied to his C'Thun.

Apathy

I ended up going with cairne to be more annoying

I wonder if the next adventure will be ulduar or maybe some sort of pirate theme.

Hell I'm surprised this one was not Legion themed with more demons and whatnot to be before the launch of legion. I guess they could do an adventure at the end of the year once legion started already.

Mirror image could read: 1 mana to add 4 hp vs cthun drops, and sometimes protect your board to it's removal too.

I just played some half wit druid cthun player who was playing the game like it's combo druid but with cthun. He never traded, just went face. I punished him with flamewaker... he still goes face instead of trading. I noticed he was holding onto 1 card, must be cthun. But his cthun was only a 9/9 by the time he played it. Next round he lost to fireball and my surviving board, which survived because mirror image absorbed 4 shots.

Luigi87

I learned pretty quickly that just because somebody sunk a lot of time into the game doesn't mean they're all that good. Especially at whatever rank you are, or they're probably testing a deck in casual.

Also always persevere to rank 20 each month for rewards.

You were certainly right in how easy it was to hit 20.

Apathy

i love, love forbidden healing and soggoth vs a freeze mage.

get me to 15 naturally, ok, heal for 20, use alex, ok, heal for 20 haha

Zemm

EU ladder seems to be 80% cthun druid and shaman, shit is ridiculous. Not actually seeing much paladin or zoo, seeing some mage and priest, hunter and warrior seem dead which is weird because hunter is pretty good.

Dahbomb

EU ladder seems to be 80% cthun druid and shaman, shit is ridiculous. Not actually seeing much paladin or zoo, seeing some mage and priest, hunter and warrior seem dead which is weird because hunter is pretty good.
Hunter is just slightly slower than Shaman and Zoolock which means it's kinda irrelevant despite being strong all around.

The new Zoolock I think people have "figured" out. Having granular AOEs in your deck can make you demolish them. Stuff like that Mage 3 mana deal 1 damage to the board is really powerful. New Zoolock pretty much auto loses against Grim Patron especially thanks to the new Ghoul. Any deck running Wild Pyros also demolish Zoo. And of course Freeze Mage beats it harder now with no Loatheb.

Zoggy

How am I 4-0 with some weenie Warlock deck in Arena?

the conspiracy theory is that all the good players are playing ranked right now.

goes along with the idea that arena was hyper competitive before WOTOG hit, because "good" players were tired of constructed and were farming arena for gold/dust

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ran into a crazy warlock deck that changes class to paladin using one of the new cards.

I got wrecked.

the conspiracy theory is that all the good players are playing ranked right now.

goes along with the idea that arena was hyper competitive before WOTOG hit, because "good" players were tired of constructed and were farming arena for gold/dust
I can see that.

It also makes sense that
Enhance-o Mechano and Forbidden Tentacles are godlike.

Also, Arena has made me respect Pitlord. Wrathguard, Felguard, and Succubus are still ass, though.

Also, even though it upsets Dahbomb, I will ALWAYS take Blood Imp! He is just too good! Counters the top 3 hero powers!

ZealousD

Hunter is just slightly slower than Shaman and Zoolock which means it's kinda irrelevant despite being strong all around.

The new Zoolock I think people have "figured" out. Having granular AOEs in your deck can make you demolish them. Stuff like that Mage 3 mana deal 1 damage to the board is really powerful. New Zoolock pretty much auto loses against Grim Patron especially thanks to the new Ghoul. Any deck running Wild Pyros also demolish Zoo. And of course Freeze Mage beats it harder now with no Loatheb.

New hunter, like old hunter, doesn't care about board clears as much. Once people start getting more focused on clearing the board against zoo and evolve shaman, I think Hunter will be in a stronger place. Hunter now has a very consistent clock attached to it because of Call of the Wild. If you stay even with Hunter, you're going to get blown out by Turn 8.

Also a lot of new/returning players right now so the overall quality of play is just way lower. I had a pretty decent Paladin deck but the ease at which I won at least 9 of my twelve games was crazy.

ZealousD

going to be a long fucking 2 years of these fucking evolve shamans

If it's any consoloation, Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem will be gone in 1 year. That's going to put a huge dent into Shaman early game if they don't get similarly insane replacements.

Werd

This control Rogue with N'Zoth/Reno/C'Thun is pretty fun. Got to turn 10 vs a pretty aggressive paladin with 3 health and got down Reno-coin-Shadowcaster at which point N'Zoth value was unbeatable.

Good thing since it cost me 2,000 dust to get Xaril and Shadowcaster. Xaril is working well.

ZealousD

I feel like Feral Rage is a failed experiment in my C'Thun Ramp Druid deck. I use it for removal more often than I'd like. Face decks and Freeze Mage not popular enough right now where I need the 8 armor that often. Maybe I'll try Starfall instead. Mark of Nature might even be a consideration because it would be really good on a 4/10 Klaxxi Amberweaver? But maybe Mark of the Wild is just better for that, Fandral synergy aside.

Apathy

If it's any consoloation, Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem will be gone in 1 year. That's going to put a huge dent into Shaman early game if they don't get similarly insane replacements.

We can only hope, flooding the board and evolving for 1 (for 1 come on, really?!?!) is just nuts.

haha turn 5 win vs zoolock.

Killed his first councilman cause he put it out on 3 next to his flame imp while i'm holding a rallying blade and i have a flame juggler out. I smack the councilman and consecrate. he puts out the second with a peddler and argent squire and instantly leaves, guess he didn't find the coil

Apathy

what? what's wrong with evolve shaman?

Possibly one of the dumbest decks and spell ever. A 1 mana heal and make my guys better. The whole deck revolves around "let me drop things that come in multiples or over budgeted mana reduced so i can use this spell to make be worth more"

manhack

just set up my free to play account on EU for the new season and standard. Holy crap there is a lot of priests at Rank 20 and they all have double Holy Nova/Excavated Evil, Death, C'thun.

squidyj

Possibly one of the dumbest decks and spell ever. A 1 mana heal and make my guys better. The whole deck revolves around "let me drop things that come in multiples or over budgeted mana reduced so i can use this spell to make be worth more"

yeah, no.

Dahbomb

yeah, no.
There were no lies stated in that post.

Evolve is ridiculous at 1 mana. Master of Evolution is kinda insane too.

The hilarious part is that as OP as these two things are... they got nothing on Faceless Flamewreath.

Play against aggro Shaman where they do the usually Tunnel Trogg into Totem Golem/Flametongue and you think you stabilize against the aggression and then they drop down a fatty on turn 4 like they are god damn old school Handlock. Next turn they cancel their overload and play Feral Spirits to protect the huge minion so it can go face with impunity.

I guess we can take solace in the fact that Shaman's strong turn 1/2/3 plays will be gone in a year.

squidyj

There were no lies stated in that post.

Evolve is ridiculous at 1 mana.

evolve is a great card in a powerful deck, but that was a massive fucking salt overload
"these fucking evolve shamans"
"dumbest deck ever" *paraphrase

on the basis of your hatred of one spell, two cards in the entire deck. fuck off with your bullshit.

Zemm

evolve is a great card in a powerful deck, but that was a massive fucking salt overload

on the basis of your hatred of one spell, two cards in the entire deck. fuck off with your bullshit.

^ shaman player

Dahbomb

This is the new "Secret Paladin requires skill to play, you have to choose whether to keep Secrets in opening hand if you have Secret Keeper" - Ben Brodius.

I think Midrange Shaman is about as much skill intensive as most decks in HS (like about the same as Cthun Druid to be honest) with the extra layer of knowing your Evolve options from the pool of card possibilities. Plus you have to actually interact with the board and stuff.

Aggro Shaman on the other hand is the dumbest deck in the game right now and there's very little to argue against it.

Apathy

It's called a darwin shaman deck for a reason, the reason is evolve (also master of evolution but it's basically single evolve). thats not bullshit when evolve costs 1 mana and it can effect 7 of your minions

Zemm

I guess we can take solace in the fact that Shaman's strong turn 1/2/3 plays will be gone in a year.

This is both ridiculous (because it's true) and also depressing. Blizzard need to be much more reactive with nerfs and buffs. A year of the same bullshit is too much, another year of priest being the worst class is just too much.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think Evolve (the spell) is going to be dominant.

fertygo

I played Evolve Shaman, so far its best matchup is C'thun Deck, feel need some more optimal tweaking to can hang up with Paladin and Rogue.. anything with weapon seem really cut their tempo

Top Bottom