• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ViviOggi

I fucking hate the fact that you can't starve Tempo Mage at all anymore, and on top of that all their sustain is rng shit you can't play around.

mxgt

Banned
74766aa5428f8418ebdfa6090dcc3193.png

Most armour I've ever had, I think.

Out of nowhere he played Yogg at the end in fatigue, it played LoH, then Astral Communion. Comedy gold.

The quest for golden warrior is so very fucking slow.

Tomcat

Holy shit is tempo mage strong. I was just playing a n'zoth paladin and I managed to get both flamewaker and frostcaller on board while freezing him and his only minion. I slowly snowballed the hell out of him. Cabalist tome, and then another cabalist tome. I went from having like 3 cards to a full hand of spells. After my second cabalist's tome my hand looked like this (yes, cabalist's tome off cabalist's tome)..

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04-30-16_17.59.06.png

Then he aldor'd my mana wyrm and healed himself to full with forbidden healing. After that I just nuked him and took him down from full hp. MIrror image + polymorph boar + frost bolt + fireball (top decked), and I didn't even have to use all my minions to take him out.

Have decklist? I am not still sold on this card (tome). Seems huge tempo loss with all this aggro out there.

Heropon

Nothing better than the monthly rewards to remind you of how many meh epics there are around, like Patient Assassin or Kidnapper, and I don't feel like dusting them. Thankfully, the commons, Wrath and Totem Golem, are going be added right now to decks.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So far I'm loving this deck, you pretty much know if you're going to win or lose by turn 4.

I prefer my own Astral druid list. No Master Jouster?

The deck is so fun. And while you will definitely lose outright sometimes, you can absolutely win games you don't even use Astral in just by virtue of having insane late-game. Master Jouster is how you win those non-astral games.

Have decklist? I am not still sold on this card (tome). Seems huge tempo loss with all this aggro out there.

I only just threw this together. Still trying to work out if flamecaller is worth it.

X06Okl9.png
]

Forgot to link the deck

I also never crafted an arcane blast number 2, so that's why i am only running 1 atm. Two cabalist's tote are so awesome. Once you get board with that freeze dude and tome, you just never stop freezing everything. Some have tried playing smalling dudes to stop you, but you just remove them with the body, or removal...

edit:
Also yogg sauron fits in the deck I am sure. The whole plan B deal. I just don't have him yet.

Zoggy

I fucking hate the fact that you can't starve Tempo Mage at all anymore, and on top of that all their sustain is rng shit you can't play around.

lol we were all so wrong about cabalist tome.

"its too slow" they said

"worse arcane intellect" they said

I prefer my own Astral druid list. No Master Jouster?

The deck is so fun. And while you will definitely lose outright sometimes, you can absolutely win games you don't even use Astral in just by virtue of having insane late-game. Master Jouster is how you win those non-astral games.

Got a deck list?

FeD.nL

Right now i cairne is off my list, between the other 2 it's hard, I usually dont have an issue with taunts as a paladin (as other classes I do) but every time I n'zoth deck for any class I just want more deathrattles, and a big deathrattle taunt is nice

Looking at your list I would say Cairne is the best choice. I'm a big fan of Chillmaw but my list is more dragon oriented so I often get value from the deathrattle or deathwing pulls him into play.

Like if it's purely the deathrattle value for N'Zoth with your list I would definitely go for Cairne.

I don't know why people act like Priest is so bad. Entomb is still one of the most broken cards in the game.

Just that card is enough to shit all over non-aggro decks.

I don't know why people act like Priest is so bad. Entomb is still one of the most broken cards in the game.

Just that card is enough to shit all over non-aggro decks.

It should definitely beat n'zoth paladin. Sorta like anyfin... you need your sylvanas and tirion to die before n'zothing.

Also on a side note, if n'zoth paladin has 2-3 minions up already, there is a good chance they won't even spawn in tirion/sylvanas because of spacing issues. And I believe they summon in the order they died. So this n'zoth paladin had played 2 loot hoarders... he got 2 loot hoarders and one of those 4 drop 1/1s and no sylvanas or tirion. I loved seeing that.

Magnus

Do you all seriously get to rank 5 each and every month? The monthly chest reward posts are always so depressing for me - everyone's got a new golden epic and I'm like, yay, I managed to make 10 again just barely for a shiny rare.

Lol

Do you all seriously get to rank 5 each and every month? The monthly chest reward posts are always so depressing for me - everyone's got a new golden epic and I'm like, yay, I managed to make 10 again just barely for a shiny rare.

Lol

I'm right there with you, if I can do better than 10 I'm ecstatic then I'll come into this thread and feel like a complete loser for not hitting legend.

Raxus

Lol

Don't feel bad I get rank 15 if that. I just don't have time to grind hearthstone every month in the past 6 months.

Playing that Tempo Mage deck (minus Antoniadiasias 'cos I ain't got him) and Holy Spells, Batman! It's fireballs and Ice everywhere. Definitely gonna keep at it for a bit.

Just played someone at Rank 22, they had some basic cards and forgot to Hero Power and wasted 2 mana, so I conceded before they did to give them the win. My good deed for the day.

your courage will fail

Whenever my C'Thun says "Your deck betrays you" I can't work out if he's talking to my opponent or me...

Seriously, tempo mage is so much fun. Especially against paladins. Like holy shit. I keep getting both frostcaller and flamewaker to stick on the board and then they are helpless.

I am happy I found a deck I like to play to beat paladin, cause I think n'zoth paladin might be pretty popular.

Lol

I usually just play when I am feeling it. There actually was a month last set that I didn't even get past rank 11 or something. This month I did hit rank 5 cause I wasn't sure if I'd like the expansion right away but wanted the dust. That was unnecessary cause the expansion is great.

Don't feel bad I get rank 15 if that. I just don't have time to grind hearthstone every month in the past 6 months.

It's tough because I feel like between 15-10 you are playing extremely good decks and players. Literally not everyone can move up and that range is just a warzone.

That's usually where I end up. I get too anxious to climb higher a lot of the time. I finished at 11 this month because I felt more relaxed, and so did the game to an extent. Had a 12 match run of win -> loss -> win, then got two wins to get to one off 10, lost a game to a crazy Yogg and gave up for this month. It's a shame because I love this game, and this last week only confirmed that to me. I had a great time between streaming a bit and just playing for the fun of it. Maybe I'll go for it this month. Probably not though, that C'Thun meme hurts man.

caesar

Banned

Lol

It usually only takes a few hours you just need to get a streak going.

Tempo Mage honestly makes me feel physical pain with the amount of bullshit RNG that deck has to rely on.

Just one year. One year and that piece of garbage Flamewaker will be gone.

Tempo Mage honestly makes me feel physical pain with the amount of bullshit RNG that deck has to rely on.

Just one year. One year and that piece of garbage Flamewaker will be gone.

Oh come on, it isn't that bad. The RNG at least, tends to really average out due to how many shots it takes. Granted, sometimes it does pull off some BS. I've been victim to that BS many times more than I've gotten it too.

Enemy MCT stealing a minion buffs your Darkshire Councilman's attack? Ok.

Because councilman's text happens after a minion is summoned and the game checks to see if a minion was summoned after MCT battlecry hits. Then it sees that MCT was played and buffs.

This is not to say that MCT battlecry happens before MCT hits the field, but that the game always checks after play effects last.

Drake

If I ever have C'thun in my opening hand I'm keeping it from now on. I don't care if it's a dead card for 9 turns. Too many times I've been way past turn 10 and still haven't drawn him. I usually win if I have him in my opening hand and can play him around turn 10 or 11. .

Sande

Because councilman's text happens after a minion is summoned and the game checks to see if a minion was summoned after MCT battlecry hits. Then it sees that MCT was played and buffs.

This is not to say that MCT battlecry happens before MCT hits the field, but that the game always checks after play effects last.
Councilman's text reads "you summon". No minion is summoned for me in that situation. I guess the game re-summons the stolen minion and then it changes ownership or something convoluted like that. Definitely needs to be fixed.

I'll go through it in case I explained it badly:
1. Opponent summons an MCT (I have 5 or so minions).
2. MCT steals some random crap minion.
3. My Councilman gets buffed.

I'm trying to think if there's something else that could have caused it but I'm pretty sure that's all that happened.

It's gone from your opponent, and ends up in your deck as a 6/6. Any remaining buffs your opponent plays won't buff it and doom caller can't recall it because it wasn't destroyed. To the posters point entombing a 6/6 10 mana card isn't great. Mind control would be better or just shadow killing it. But destroying it will allow doom caller to serve its purpose.

So much for "Wherever it is"

fertygo

So Evolve made me had Acidmaw I have 5 minion, this zoolock player have 4.. and I like, bah I'm fucked but instead clearing my board he chose to frgging killing Acidmaw

Whattttttttt

this at rank 10

skillstone

Inversive

If I ever have C'thun in my opening hand I'm keeping it from now on. I don't care if it's a dead card for 9 turns. Too many times I've been way past turn 10 and still haven't drawn him. I usually win if I have him in my opening hand and can play him around turn 10 or 11. .
Same here, lost too many games because i never drew him

Dahbomb

Agree completely, you can't out value Tempo Mage anymore because they just keep generating stuff with Cabalist's Tome.

Top Bottom