• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

5-0 so far with bolster. Beat beast hunter, two zoolocks, a druid c'thun and a control paladin so it seems like it works well enough in the meta and is fun to play. Only the control paladin ran silence, and only one, so bolster really puts in work.

2x shield slam
2x war axe
2x bolster
2x slam
2x armorsmith
2x tidehunter
2x sparring partner
2x shield block
2x monkey
1x ghoul
2x bloodhoof brave
2x infested tauren
1x brawl
1x emperor
1x sylvanas
1x gorehowl
1x chromaggus
1x rag
1x Varian

Apathy

5-0 so far with bolster. Beat beast hunter, two zoolocks, a druid c'thun and a control paladin so it seems like it works well enough in the meta and is fun to play. Only the control paladin ran silence, and only one, so bolster really puts in work.

2x shield slam
2x war axe
2x bolster
2x slam
2x armorsmith
2x tidehunter
2x sparring partner
2x shield block
2x monkey
1x ghoul
2x bloodhoof brave
2x infested tauren
1x brawl
1x emperor
1x sylvanas
1x gorehowl
1x chromaggus
1x rag
1x Varian

haha that looks fun and super frustrating to play against. Going to have to try it

Apathy

I'm surprised blizzard didn't make shadowstep 1 mana or take away the reduction of the card it's used on. Clearly they had to have known people were going to shadowstep gods right? With n'zoth is is crazy using him and instantly filling your board and then shadowstepping him back to do it again

Tarazet

This is both ridiculous (because it's true) and also depressing. Blizzard need to be much more reactive with nerfs and buffs. A year of the same bullshit is too much, another year of priest being the worst class is just too much.

Priest is one of the few classes that can really shut down Aggro Shaman hard, so not sure what game you're playing exactly. I thought they couldn't possibly get any more healing than they already had, but they went full retard.

From the subreddit.

G0CWELZ.jpg

Priest is one of the few classes that can really shut down Aggro Shaman hard, so not sure what game you're playing exactly. I thought they couldn't possibly get any more healing than they already had, but they went full retard.

You forget to preface this by saying you practically have to dedicate six cards to accomplish this and have a great draw. If you don't have SWH or Soul Circle then the game is over after the evolve hits. Please don't spread misinformation. Kthxbye.

greepoman

Lol at Trump trying to make renolock work against zoo with spreading madness. First match 4 minions on enemy board he says "this should remove at least 4 power on board"... Removes nothing does 2 damage to his face.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lol at Trump trying to make renolock work against zoo with spreading madness. First match 4 minions on enemy board he says "this should remove at least 4 power on board"... Removes nothing does 2 damage to his face.

I saw spreading madness played once, and every single bolt hit my board/face. Not a single one hit him at all.

I hope that is the last time I ever see that card.

I'm surprised blizzard didn't make shadowstep 1 mana or take away the reduction of the card it's used on. Clearly they had to have known people were going to shadowstep gods right? With n'zoth is is crazy using him and instantly filling your board and then shadowstepping him back to do it again
The best way to understand Blizzard is by understanding that these things are not thought through or observed beforehand.

Hahahaha, no. Aggro Shaman is Priest's worst matchup right now. They have no good taunt options. Just think back to what happened to Priests pre-Standard when they didn't get Deathlord vs. an aggro deck. That's...every match now.

how are you guys getting your ranked chests?

isn't it too early?
Different servers.

Apathy

The best way to understand Blizzard is by understanding that these things are not thought through or observed beforehand.

Hahahaha, no. Aggro Shaman is Priest's worst matchup right now. They have no good taunt options. Just think back to what happened to Priests pre-Standard when they didn't get Deathlord vs. an aggro deck. That's...every match now.

Different servers.

Which is an odd considering they had the foresight to make the toxin that does the exact same thing cost 1. The second we saw the old gods we all discussed shadowstep, how they didn't nerf it to 1 is crazy. still playable and stops dumb shit with the gods from happening

I think they wanted the ability to shadowstep gods. Besides, hasn't rogue suffered enough? Shadowstep is a barely used card anyway. Paladin gets to revive tirion, why can't rogue use nzoth twice?

inky

The first time I read Councilman I though it said "when you summon 1 attack minions". The worst part is that now I don't think it would even be much of a nerf lol.

Was there anyone that predicted how insane Councilman would be?

I wasn't sure what to think of the card but in no way would I have thought it'd be as ridiculous as it is.

Apathy

There's plenty of low cost high priority minions like that though. Flamewaker, new Paladin 3, frothing, etc.

I guess maybe cause he comes down as a one and many might still have not seen him yet, so they don't think much of it and then the next turn forbidden ritual happens and they hate their life

Dahbomb

Best card in new Zoo is Forbidden Ritual.

That is what enables new Zoo. It enables free board presence out of no where, massive Knife Juggler juggles and massive Councilman.

It's fine using removal on Councilman. That deck's biggest threats are Councilman and Sea Giants. After that you have Imp Gang Bosses and Knife Jugglers in terms of threat priority... the rest are weeny minions.

And since people figured that out, Zoolock has been doing worse on ladder lately at least in my experience.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I mean i guess you can't have one being the best card in the new zoo without the other.

Dahbomb

I mean i guess you can't have one being the best card in the new zoo without the other.
New Zoo would've worked without Councilman (less big burst damage though) but it would've been far, far worse without Forbidden Ritual.

No easy Gormoks, no easy Sea Giants, no easy Reliquary Seekers (if you run those), no big Juggles, no big Councilman, no easy buff targets etc.

It puts the Flood in Flood Zoo.

The Priest C'Thun deck recipe is fun to play, just build that monster fast and hope you get to play Twin Emperor, the minion that heals you for 10 and then drop C'Thun and end it all

ZealousD

New Zoo would've worked without Councilman (less big burst damage though) but it would've been far, far worse without Forbidden Ritual.

No easy Gormoks, no easy Sea Giants, no easy Reliquary Seekers (if you run those), no big Juggles, no big Councilman, no easy buff targets etc.

I think you'd probably have a different deck without either one. Old Zoo had similar token potential with Implosion but flood variants with Gormok and Reliquary Seeker were less popular. Darkshire Councilman is what really rewarded the flood archetype in particular and Forbidden Ritual was the gas that made it work, despite the fact that the card is probably not as good on average as Implosion..

The great bolster run ended at 11-1. Finally got beat by a priest due to entomb and a really crappy varian draw. The priest also ran silence, which is a key card. That said, with a bit of luck earlier in the game I could have squeaked it out.

So I declare the deck viable in this meta. If aggro gets out of control I'll bring it out again.

Might try some sort of combo priest next.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Flamewreathed Faceless is no match for the mighty Ozze!

yNRq9bd.png

Also, I just realized I have misread how Sea Giant works for years. I thought it got discounted for every 2 minions, since it said "every other".

ZealousD

I feel like it's too easy to get C'thun to 10 attack and get all his minions buffs going.

Most of his minions are individually unimpressive and wouldn't be run in similar decks if not for those minion buffs, though. Even a card like Disciple of C'thun, arguably the best neutral C'Thun minon, does not see play outside of C'Thun decks. So as a reward for running sub-optimal minions, you have to get rewarded some other way, and simply buffing C'Thun isn't enough. Most games you don't even get to play him.

Dahbomb

Disciple of Cthun sees play in that Aggro Divine shield Paladin deck. It's in many cases better than Argent Horserider because you can play it after Darkshire, do the 2 damage and still have a Divine Shield minion up for further synergies.

Easily the best neutral Cthun enabler though. The others are pretty mediocre/average... I think the next best one is the 4 mana 4/2 Divine Shield.

Top Bottom