• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Rank 4. Kinda meh.

hearthstonescreenshoto2s2g.png

Bullshit. I had a string of losses against C'thun Priests as Aggro Shaman. All of them were accomplished by just trading their god curves into mine and then simply healing up. Didn't even need the taunts. Also, aggro doesn't run evolve, there is no synergy whatsoever. The hybrid deck is a different beast.

Eh, hybrid or aggro, there's nothing a Shaman is dropping on turn one that a Priest minion can trade and remove on the subsequent turn. Priest has to play swp/embrace on turn 2 or try to tide the rush until circle combo/swh on turn 4. Maybe, if you're anticipating no board presence you also teched in doomsayers. Once again, six cards at least to stem the aggro wave, at the same time, Shaman is playing spells that buff trog, feral spirit, golem, lava burst and everything else to keep board presence. So just stop, please!

Pooya

Finished at legend 900 something. I climbed to increase my chances of getting nerfed commons...

1462086372-1.jpg

It was not worth it. Not even wog cards.

Second time shadowfiend, followed by third time dark bargain on EU. Like what are the chances? There are so many epics in this games.

That's like the third golden explosive trap I get from chests too, lol. 550 dust PogChamp.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess next adventure comes out in August? They have the card backs until then already patched in.

Seems reasonable. If Blizard plans to do 2 expansions and 1 adventure pure year going forward, August would be a good time to release it.

Magnus

Reached rank 9. My golden rare was Selfless Hero (the 2/1 paladin card with deathrattle: bubble a friendly minion), and one of my golden commons is Dr. 4 (the shaman 7/7). So, wow, both will see a lot of play. Happy. Lol.

My ranked chest bugged out, rank 4 was my highest of the season. I got golden shield slam, golden forked lightning, and golden argent protector.

Yet none of them are in my card collection, anyone else have a similar issue?

edit:nvm re logging fixed the issue.

Magnus

Seems reasonable. If Blizard plans to do 2 expansions and 1 adventure pure year going forward, August would be a good time to release it.

A new expansion/adventure seems to come every 4 months, right, like clockwork since Aug 2014/Naxx? They'd have to keep alternating too, right? Adventure, expansion, adventure, expansion, etc.? So, in some years, we'd have two adventures and an expansion, and in other years, it'd be the opposite, si?

Or have they said we're getting two expansions a year for sure going forward?

Card Draw not really relevant, unless its the best pick offered.. its more recommended to get good curve minion offered

I definitely drafted to heavy on the high cost minions. I thought card draw would be relevant as I kept running out of steam. Only card draw I had was 1 corrupted loot hoarder.

bjaelke

A new expansion/adventure seems to come every 4 months, right, like clockwork since Aug 2014/Naxx? They'd have to keep alternating too, right? Adventure, expansion, adventure, expansion, etc.? So, in some years, we'd have two adventures and an expansion, and in other years, it'd be the opposite, si?

Or have they said we're getting two expansions a year for sure going forward?
I didn't get the impression that they had fully committed to that release pattern this year.

Acinixys

Shaman has been the worst class for YEARS

And now suddenly it has potential to be tier 1 and everyone is calling it broken and stupid

Let him have his turn to be OP. I had to put up with kids running Secret Paladin and Patron Warrior for MONTHS

StayDead

I feel sad. Everyone keeps complaining they didn't get rank 5, I scrape getting to Rank 13 each month and this month I didn't even get past rank 15. ;_;

Tomcat

How is control warrior doing? Anyone tested it? Is it viable against all the aggro in the ladder right now? maybe a cthun version I guess.
Thinking of crafting cairne too. Is it worth it though? It doesn't seem to trade well unless its azure drake or gadzatarian. So I am in a dilemma.

How is control warrior doing? Anyone tested it? Is it viable against all the aggro in the ladder right now? maybe a cthun version I guess.
Thinking of crafting cairne too. Is it worth it though? It doesn't seem to trade well unless its azure drake or gadzatarian. So I am in a dilemma.

Control is definitely viable, especially c'thun. Cairne is not exceptionally worth crafting in that particular deck imo.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Blizzard will print more C'thun cards this year. I sort of wish they added more cards to the set so they could have made more interesting interactions with it. Like cards that could sap strength from him, or interact with the opponents C'Thun (If the enemy's C'Thun has 10 or more attack, Equip Evil's bane, some giant sword that does cool shit). Also one thing I'm surprised wasn't made is a C'Thun card with normal card draw.

As above, went from rank 12 to 7 with a stupid bolster deck. Control warrior will be just fine.

As for Shaman? Give it a week. Shaman always seems good at the start of an expansion. But as the other decks become refined curving out will become critical again and cards like the 7/7 will fade in usefulness.

So don't call for nerfs, enjoy it while it lasts and realise that very soon overload will fuck the class over again.

Except for face shaman...

And now suddenly it has potential to be tier 1 and everyone is calling it broken and stupid

Let him have his turn to be OP. I had to put up with kids running Secret Paladin and Patron Warrior for MONTHS
At least patron took skill, unlike paladin, druid and shaman cancer. I don't want another 6 months of meta where the most powerful deck has such a low skill floor.

bjaelke

Dog laddering with divine shield Secret pally. The fun dies now.

They all use some kind of aggresive deck to rank up fast. Usually that part just happens off stream and then they turn on the stream to play fun decks when legend has been secured. Dog is - usually - no different.

Pooya

New new patron is working really well for me. This iteration of zoo just gets annihilated now. Shaman is not that good if they go turn 5 doomhammer but it is still doable. Could be a good deck to play when things stabilize.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
New new patron is working really well for me. This iteration of zoo just gets annihilated now. Shaman is not that good if they go turn 5 doomhammer but it is still doable. Could be a good deck to play when things stabilize.

Yeah, zoo legitimately gets blown out by whirlwind effects now.

FeD.nL

Yeah this looks superior than zoolock

I thought that steward/noble sac interaction would be dumb, now that I've seen it, just ugh.

They all use some kind of aggresive deck to rank up fast. Usually that part just happens off stream and then they turn on the stream to play fun decks when legend has been secured. Dog is - usually - no different.

Yeah true. But I was more down on the fact that secret pally looks competitive once again.

Zoggy

patron warrior elitists lol.

before the warsong nerf people were complaining about its ease of use as well, just fiery win axe then armor smith/acolyte whirlwind, battle rage into emperor thaurissan turn 6

then turn 7 or 8 play warsong and either frothing/ patron and win the game.

it wasn't "brain dead", it was super reliable and consistent because of how the deck was built with its curve. just like secret pally and face hunter.

the decks are just extremely well built.

Zemm

How about they try to balance the game instead of having this round-robin overpowered class bullshit?

Danj

Only manage to rank 10 bleh, highest I ever been tho

Rank 4. Kinda meh.

Rank 4...works for me.

I only got to rank 8
sad.gif

mrjId3w.jpg

Pure junk. Maybe I'll get some use out of the Earth Shock.

Consider yourselves lucky, in over a year of playing I've never been above rank 12, and I only managed rank 14 this season just gone.

Can't even get off the mark at the moment, still stuck at rank 20 on the new ladder.

KuroNeeko

Rank 4. Kinda meh.

DAT ALCHEMIST!

I've got all the cards to do Nzoth Paladin, and it feels like that it works best in that class, but N'Priest is more fun.

Pally will might get me to Rank 5 (I'd settle for 10), but every time I play against a Priest I'm thinking, "I feel ya my light brutha". I feel like I'm turning into Zetalot (minus the mad skills) and just have the best time when I'm playing Control Priest (with a splash of Mage or Rogue)

Man, Lightlord and Tirion are so wasted on me
.... orz

fertygo

I already netdecking with face hunter tho at past month so I'm disappointed cant crack rank 5

God knows I can pass rank 15 this month or not if not craft Doomhammer

Top Bottom