• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

KuroNeeko

Is there a good non-C'thun Control Priest list?

No! That's the problem. /kappa

People are still experimenting but the core is the same:

Northshire, CoH, Injured BM, PW: Shield, SW: Death, ASP, CSP, Justicar.

Alchemists seem to fit nicely in the 5-slot. Flash Heals with ASP and Embrace the Shadow, along with Entomb and Holy Nova serve as removal.

Other than that, who knows?

Pooya

I'm not sure why more people don't play hunter, it's really good right now. Call of the wild results in a lot of concedes. I like the princess too, she's is pretty good but I probably wouldn't craft. I wish I had dreadscale against zoo.

I feel that 2/5 beast actually isn't awful, you can play one and the stats are good for board control. with houndmaster it's quite good.

I don't think knife juggler is good in hunter, it's weak 2 drop but it's a good combo piece. You can't afford to hold combo pieces in hunter like warlock can. I don't like it, it's better to play all of this random 1 damage ping cards now, bat, toad and flame juggler are better.

Kweh

If you Evolve a minion that hasn't attacked that turn, does it still have the option to attack after it has evolved?

ViviOggi

Dr. Mastiff
SeemsGood.png

Warxard

Banned
Do you guys just use a specific tool to take pics of your decks? Or just snipping tool? I wanted advice on how to tune up my Rogue deck.

Warxard

Banned
Sitting here looking at my monitor and questioning why this fucking Control Priest let me get FIVE Dream Cards when we're like seven turns after turn 10. Dude doesn't attack my ysera at all. Just builds Cthun buffs and spamming 'well played'.

I got that w tho

jgminto

Just killed someone with a 30 damage C'Thun because they left Brann on board for Turn 9. I guess C'Thun Priest is kinda neat after all.

anyone else underwhelmed with the cthun decks?

to win the standard quest stuff I made a zoo deck with the new cards baked in and it had no problem vs them.

i switched to one of the new patron variants and they were ok.....too many priests out there.

last night i made a Tempo Mage deck and I barely lose. I've got every card that makes spells for you in it (the new 5 mana one that gives you three spells is a blast), meaning i don't need as much card draw and can just make solid draws. No secrets and I have Antonidas + Rag in there for win conditions. Some of the tempo minions are so beefy for their curve (spellslinger/flamewaker have been doing great for me) that i'm not having problems when cthun comes up b/c i usually have 2/3 on the board and a polymorph to deal with it.

i'm around rank 10 so not exactly pro decks but its worth noting.

bjaelke

Just killed someone with a 30 damage C'Thun because they left Brann on board for Turn 9. I guess C'Thun Priest is kinda neat after all.

That's basically how every Rogue game I play turns out. Thanks to Shadowcaster on Brann and the coin from Tomb Pillager I can play both cards for 10 mana. Highest combo so far is 2 x 36 damage.

jgminto

anyone else underwhelmed with the cthun decks?

to win the standard quest stuff I made a zoo deck with the new cards baked in and it had no problem vs them.

i switched to one of the new patron variants and they were ok.....too many priests out there.

last night i made a Tempo Mage deck and I barely lose. I've got every card that makes spells for you in it (the new 5 mana one that gives you three spells is a blast), meaning i don't need as much card draw and can just make solid draws. No secrets and I have Antonidas + Rag in there for win conditions. Some of the tempo minions are so beefy for their curve (spellslinger/flamewaker have been doing great for me) that i'm not having problems when cthun comes up b/c i usually have 2/3 on the board and a polymorph to deal with it.

i'm around rank 10 so not exactly pro decks but its worth noting.
C'Thun Druid is pretty mediocre, the volume of taunts can be annoying when you're behind but they're quite easy to deal with otherwise. I think the decks that don't focus on curving out C'Thun minions have more potential.

Pooya

patron is good, until you q into mirror after mirror.

already?

the main problem of this deck since the first one, most silly mirror matches.

the deck is good but I feel you need more than 2 axe for weapons.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Golden Charged Hammer

D=

Oh well, I guess I didn't have a second one...

Apathy

FUCK YOGG MAN, MY OPPONENT JUST PLAYED 3 CAUSE OF GANG UP

Damn dude I have not meet yogg since standard but you have 3 bad story for everyday lol

At least the opponent had to do something himself. A yogg I faced damaged itself, used blood warriors to give my opponent a second copy and still ends up killing itself, then uses vanish so I have no board and my opponent can replay another yogg.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Overload is still an awful mechanic in HS but that doesn't mean they can't make over powered Overload cards.

Just like how Mysterious Challenger is an awfully designed card but is still over powered garbage.

I said numerous times in this thread that Overload is essentially a "borrow mana" mechanic, and in that context it is quite good. You have to plan your later turns a bit based on how you overload but the mechanic, in theory, is a good one. It makes Shaman a bit of a swingy class in which you can have powerful early turns that move into weaker turns, and having that variety is good for the game.

The "problem" of Overload, and why people disliked the mechanic, is that Blizzard tended to think that borrowing that mana meant you needed to pay interest on that borrowed mana. Cards like Lava Burst, Dust Devil, Forked Lightning, and Stormforged Axe were overcosted or poor once you took the overload costs into account. Totem Golem was a step in the right direction for Overload but even after that card, people were blaming overload as a mechanic as the cause for Shaman's woes.

This is also why you started to see Blizzard throw out more Overload synergy cards like Lava Shock and Tunnel Trogg, because Blizzard started to absorb the "conventional wisdom" that overload itself is a bad mechanic and that the way you fix it is by printing more cheater cards that take advantage of overload costs. But even that wasn't enough for a lot of people.

Flamewreathed Faceless is essentially pushing the boundaries of overload. If overload is as bad as people say it is, then Flamewrathed Faceless is balanced because just throwing out a "pile of stats" is not justified because you're going to be overloaded next turn. Side note: People also often dismiss cards that are a pile of stats, so there was double the reason for people to potentially dismiss the card based on what conventional wisdom said.

As far as I'm concerned, everybody who called overload a bad mechanic is to blame for why we got cards like Flamewrathed Faceless and Eternal Sentinel in the same damn set. Blizzard started drinking the Kool-Aid that the community was providing. Instead of saying "totem golem is a great overload card, this is how you do overload correctly" people went "lol remember when people said totem golem was a great card before TGT was released?"

JohnCYQ

I'm not sure why more people don't play hunter, it's really good right now. Call of the wild results in a lot of concedes. I like the princess too, she's is pretty good but I probably wouldn't craft. I wish I had dreadscale against zoo.

I feel that 2/5 beast actually isn't awful, you can play one and the stats are good for board control. with houndmaster it's quite good.

I don't think knife juggler is good in hunter, it's weak 2 drop but it's a good combo piece. You can't afford to hold combo pieces in hunter like warlock can. I don't like it, it's better to play all of this random 1 damage ping cards now, bat, toad and flame juggler are better.

Yea I got surprisingly good results with hunter on ladder after modifying it to get more early game beasts. I find 2x Jungle Panther quite appropriate IMO, high attack to push for damage even in the late game, and the stealth helps it stay alive to set up with Houndmaster as well.

I got Huhuran from my packs so I put her into the deck, and I run Sylvanas plus N'zoth as well, so its a bit greedier than the average midrange hunter. I got Dreadscales as well but I'm not too sure about putting it in. I mean it counters zoo and the bubble pally, but it seems pretty dead in most other cases? Other than the few occassions where you get to use it with Hunter's Mark.

I've thought about the 2/5 beast before, but it competes with Jungle Panther in the 3 slot (which also competes with Animal Companion).

Knife Juggler I think is good as a one-of (I dusted all of mine so I don't run any). 2 seems rather clunky.

Levi

Banned
vADqJAo.jpg

SWAGHELM! Haven't played much Druid since Old Gods since I already have a golden hero, but I have a quest today and I'm pretty happy with how he's been performing.

I know, I know, Rank 19 but to be fair it is day one so rank 19 is all the rank around rank 10 players from last season.

Dahbomb

Pile of stats are extremely important in the turn 1-4 phase. They dictate pace of the game. It's why Innervate is so strong, Druid can play a Yeti on turn 1 and can win off of that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you Evolve a minion that hasn't attacked that turn, does it still have the option to attack after it has evolved?

It's considered "refreshed" so it goes back to sleep. Exception is if you evolve into a guy with charge.

Apathy

fuck this rng bullshit, i got 3 possible targets for spit to hit on the board and it hits me in the face for lethal, wtf

Damn, I got a taste of yogg and now I kinda want more. Damn you brawl.

It was neat how I got him out. My hand sucked balls. And I thistle tea'd into cutpurse. My opponent didn't remove any. I got 3 coins and journey below off top, and yogg got played on turn 8 with like 6 spells, all were good. Didn't save me since he had elemental destruction though.

Top Bottom