• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Magnus

Ascending up May's ladder with the FURY. This is the month I clear Rank 5. I feel it.

N'Zoth Rogue will get me there.

Shadowstepping N'Zoth is a true moment of dominance.

greepoman

I'm glad Patron is finding a home because these Zoo decks are getting out of control.

Must be a lot of new zoo players too cause they seem to have no clue how to play against patron. I'm playing patron and a I am destroying most zoo I come across even though it should probably be closer than it is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
d7ygbQl.jpg

Never lucky

Apathy

poor priest. used cthun twice (once at 12 and once at 14), used a facelsss shambler on the second cthun, got me down to 1, and didn't have anything to actually finish me off.

inky

Must be a lot of new zoo players too cause they seem to have no clue how to play against patron. I'm playing patron and a I am destroying most zoo I come across even though it should probably be closer than it is.

A lot of new Zoo players aren't really experienced with controlling the board and put themselves in vulnerable situations, but yeah, Patron should be winning most games.

Haly

XARIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welp time to craft VanCleef I guess.

Apathy

A lot of new Zoo players aren't really experienced with controlling the board and put themselves in vulnerable situations, but yeah, Patron should be winning most games.

I've noticed this too, too many times people play naked councilmans to a board that is 1 damage off from being able to kill them, or having really bad placement of wolfs.

Hycran

Banned
poor priest. used cthun twice (once at 12 and once at 14), used a facelsss shambler on the second cthun, got me down to 1, and didn't have anything to actually finish me off.

Does literally any class other than priest have no viable decks right now? Dragon priest is ass without velens, shadow priest still doesn't have enough juice and c"thun priest is only so so.

Does anyone have a competitive priest deck I can play with because it's the only deck I haven't been able to come up with something decent

Dahbomb

Dragon Priest is pretty good, people are sleeping on it.

I present to you guys my home-brewed Secret Cthun Paladin:

*Use Cthun minions for early game board presence with Secrets to keep them guessing.

*Secret Keeper as strong turn 1 play with Secret follow ups (it still works like a pseudo under taker, nothing has changed on that front)

*Turn 3 and Turn 4 you have good board control tools with stuff like Disciple of Cthun, Aldor, Truesilver GG and Keeper of Uldaman.

*Transition into mid game to late game with Mysterious Challenger which thins your deck allowing you to more consistently draw into Cthun/Twin Emperor.

*Twin Emperor, Tirion and Cthun as late game finishers in case MC isn't able to close out games.

*Single copy of Divine Favor to help with draws, still lots of greedy decks in meta that can be punished by it.

Pretty decent Midrange deck, got almost to rank 5 with it before I started experimenting with other stuff. MC's ability to pull out secrets is still game breaking and you just need to formulate a game plan to get to that stage. MC will often buy you a turn or two to get into the Cthun finishers.

JohnCYQ

I guess priest is the new shaman in ranked, probably worse than that when you consider that shaman pre old gods at least had Aggro being competitive.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sea Giant is so strong without the efficient BGH counter. Kinda crazy they didn't nerf that alongside BGH.

Apathy

Does literally any class other than priest have no viable decks right now? Dragon priest is ass without velens, shadow priest still doesn't have enough juice and c"thun priest is only so so.

Does anyone have a competitive priest deck I can play with because it's the only deck I haven't been able to come up with something decent

I squeeked that out. I really felt bad cause thats 28 (well across my board and face) from chun alone, 12 to face from cthun (cause I had to smack the first one to death) and 4 from holy nova not to mention the damage his minions did to me.

I guess priest is the new shaman in ranked, probably worse than that when you consider that shaman pre old gods at least had Aggro being competitive.
The class has zero viable plays before turn 3. It's pretty sad. Even turn 3 is just Steal Thoughts. The actual board presence you can make is on turn 4. With Troggs everywhere, you have no hope of Northshire Cleric lasting long, especially if Totem Golem follows. You're already overrun with a 1/3 (or if you are lucky, a 1/5) on the board against a 2/3 and 3/4, or a 3/3 and two 2/3s if they coined out wolves. Deathlord used to stabilize all this, but he's gone now.

Like Dahbomb said, Priests are now FORCED to play Dragon Priest to stay viable.

Sea Giant is so strong without the efficient BGH counter. Kinda crazy they didn't nerf that alongside BGH.
Especially with Forbiddden Tentacles.

Levi

Banned
Everyone was like "NERF BGH!"

And then they nerfed BGH and everyone is like "WTF FLAMEWREATHED and SEA GIANT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE."

I'm not saying BGH didn't need a nerf (it did, the tempo swing you got with that card was too much) but BGH would have made Flamewreathed a lot worse.

Haly

It's like the story of the monkey paw. BGH was stopping Blizz from making 7+ attack cards, yes, but little did we know that what they had in mind for "7+ attack" was Flamewreathed Faceless.

EmiPrime

I was going to die to Arcanite Reaper the following turn but thanks to Tracking into King's Elekk for Houndmaster from the resulting joust I got the taunt I needed to win the game.

People are sleeping on beast hunter but it's really good.

Danj

It's like the story of the monkey paw. BGH was stopping Blizz from making 7+ attack cards, yes, but little did we know that what they had in mind for "7+ attack" was Flamewreathed Faceless.

Oh god fuck that guy. Seriously how is that guy a good idea. So overpowered.

EmiPrime

EU ladder is filled with crappy C'Thun decks that lose before they can get him out. Luckily shaman hasn't caught on yet.

That said I hate C'Thun's Chosen (the 4-2 with bubble).

And then they nerfed BGH and everyone is like "WTF FLAMEWREATHED and SEA GIANT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE."

I'm not saying BGH didn't need a nerf (it did, the tempo swing you got with that card was too much) but BGH would have made Flamewreathed a lot worse.

Yes our idea of 7+ attack cards were 7+ Mana...Blizz idea was coining them out on turn 3 lol
This is all that needs to be said. No one wanted 7-attack minions coming out on turn 3. We just don't want Ragnaros to get killed by a 3-mana 4-2.

Danj

EU ladder is filled with crappy C'Thun decks that lose before they can get him out. Luckily shaman hasn't caught on yet.

That said I hate C'Thun's Chosen (the 4-2 with bubble).

Gosh I wish the EU ladder I was playing on was filled with C'Thun decks that lose. Instead for me if I play a C'Thun deck the other guy gets his out first, if I don't play a C'Thun deck I get owned anyway. Can't even move the needle off the starting position, still rank 20.

Strider

With that being said game is still way more enjoyable overall IMO with the nerf to BGH and Owl. I've seen 1 BGH and 0 Owl's so far in standard.

Danj

With that being said game is still way more enjoyable overall IMO with the nerf to BGH and Owl. I've seen 1 BGH and 0 Owl's so far in standard.

Seconded. Can't see myself ever going back to Wild, I simply don't have the cards for it and never will unless I win the lottery and spend like £1000 on packs or whatever.

Dre

I actually had more fun laddering on EU Wild than Standard. The meta there is way more diverse than in Standard.
In ~100 games I think I encountered more Patron Warriors than Face Shaman and Secret Paladin decks combined.

Danj

I actually had more fun laddering on EU Wild than Standard. The meta there is way more diverse than in Standard.
In ~100 games I think I encountered more Patron Warriors than Face Shaman and Secret Paladin decks combined.

Only because Standard is all C'Thun decks at the moment. It'll settle down eventually I'm sure. But for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of classic legendaries that everyone else has, Standard is a better choice - everyone gets C'Thun, plus I got like 4 or 5 other Old Gods legendaries from the preorder packs - but from opening 50 packs I only made enough dust to craft ONE legendary. ONE. At that rate I'd have to buy, what, 200, 300 classic packs to even be competitive in Wild.

EmiPrime

Gosh I wish the EU ladder I was playing on was filled with C'Thun decks that lose. Instead for me if I play a C'Thun deck the other guy gets his out first, if I don't play a C'Thun deck I get owned anyway. Can't even move the needle off the starting position, still rank 20.

I find that having a win condition for turns 8 and 9 helps a lot as does going face unless the trades are really good. It's a race against time.

I think that once the dust settles only druids will be playing C'Thun decks.

Haly

sjow blazing through ladder with classic control warrior pogchamp

Levi

Banned
I find that having a win condition for turns 8 and 9 helps a lot as does going face unless the trades are really good. It's a race against time.

I think that once the dust settles only druids will be playing C'Thun decks.

Warrior will play C'thun. Ancient Shieldbearer is too good to not to.

bunbun777

Ahhhh yeaaaaa, golden sea giant for rank 5, going into my zoo deck. This and enhanco mechano are the most useful ones I've gotten yet.

In an aggro meta, explosive trap is king.
Only if they can't control when they go face. Against most decks I've faced, the players will trade down to one small minion proc the trap, and then play their cards. Pretty weak show in most cases. Hunter is all I play, and I've used all of the traps a lot. Explosive Trap is the weakest. Maybe if you're playing Control Hunter, if that ever becomes a thing.

Tagyhag

Yeah man, I seriously don't know what's going on in arena now.

Before the expansion I was averaging 7 wins. Now I'm lucky to get 3 wins.

It's insane, I don't know if it's my general bad luck in the game that I get matched with insane decks but it feels like everyone retires unless they get a 12-win deck.

It's honestly making me want to quit, and a shaman evolving a scarab into a king mukla doesn't help.

Maybe I should start using the arena ranking lists.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not saying to not nerf BGH, I'm saying to think about the impact of a BGH nerf and think about nerfing other cards BGH was keeping in check.

Honestly they should have nerfed Dr. Boom with it too just for the sake of Wild. BGH was like the only card that could be seen as an efficient trade with it.

Hey guys. I just had a quick question.

Is there no way to get the old cards in Hearthstone now or is there some way I'm missing? Like if you wanted to play Wild in the future are you just shit out of luck with the old expansions?

Hey guys. I just had a quick question.

Is there no way to get the old cards in Hearthstone now or is there some way I'm missing? Like if you wanted to play Wild in the future are you just shit out of luck with the old expansions?
You have to craft the cards individually. It sucks, but there are only a handful of cards that you really want/need. #1 and 2 are Dr. Boom and Piloted Shredder.

Levi

Banned
Pretty disappointed in Healadin. Still dies to Aggro Shaman by turn five unless you draw the right cards in the right order. Meanwhile Shaman just vomits their hand every turn.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nzoth hunter is great.

Rarely need nzoth but it's a great late game card to have. It has won me a few matches.

Top Bottom