• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

getting around to watching the last few videos on the arena meta from adwcta, and I gotta say I disagree with him on the priest score, saying it's going to be in a better spot than hunter (yet still bad). I think those words are gonna come back and haunt him later.

He talks up shadow word horror in the video and yet the tier list has the card as a 58.

Sure hes an arena pro and I'm garbage at it by comparison, but it just feels like hes going to end up being wrong on that when we look back at the year of the kraken some years from now.

Levi

Banned
Patron warrior got some nice tools in the new expansion, actually, even though they lost their most consistent Patron activator.

Yogg tempo mage is the most fun I've had in hearthstone in a very long time.

Filled my board with feral spirits, pyro to the face, heroic strike, feral rage, and rockbiter to give me lethal.

Even when i lose i cant get mad rngesus giveth and rngesus taketh away.

Apathy

This game is programmed to not draw equality, it's insane

oh look at that, again, it's in the opening hand the very next game. fuck

stats_5-1.png

RIP hunter

Had a Shaman play jeweled scarab then cast Elemental Destruction on me

3 out of 4 of my minions had divine shield.

I'm pretty sure he believes divine shield to be OP now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hearthstone in a nutshell. I am playing Hunter against a Shaman.

Me Turn 1: Fiery Bat.
Op Turn 1: Coin Flame Juggler, hits face
Me Turn 2: King's Elekk. Go Face with Fiery Bat.
Op Turn 2: Totem, attack Flame Juggler into Fiery Bat. I win, deathrattle snipes the Flame Juggler

Shaman concedes.

I think that was Reynad's alt.

Really wish you could buy either chunks of gold or bundles of arena runs. Making a push to improve at arena(my record is 3-3 lol), saved up 2.1K gold for this expansion. Blew through 300 already yesterday in two runs that ended 2-3 both times. Not going to take very long to blow through the rest at this rate.

Assuming I improve over time it should obviously slow down but still, it'd be nice to buy a bundle of 10 arena runs or something rather then doing a $2 charge on the credit card every other day.

Losing death's bite as warrior sort of made realize how little 4-damage removal there is in the game now, and it feels like a pretty key number with all the azure drakes and twilight elders and bear companions and totem golems around. I wonder if more warlock decks will tech shadow bolt back in, even beyond just replacing darkbomb.

It's crazy how many awkward bash + ghoul or war axe + ghoul turns I've had playing control warrior.

Losing death's bite as warrior sort of made realize how little 4-damage removal there is in the game now, and it feels like a pretty key number with all the azure drakes and twilight elders and bear companions and totem golems around. I wonder if more warlock decks will tech shadow bolt back in, even beyond just replacing darkbomb.

It's crazy how many awkward bash + ghoul or war axe + ghoul turns I've had playing control warrior.

I've seen a couple shadowbolts pop up. Not sure if it is better than soul fire though. I think people might go back to soulfire. Removing a 4 hp minion like a drake for 1 mana is worth the card loss in exchange for the massive tempo gain.

It would be a no brainer if soul fire still cost 0 though.

Evolve Shaman with a few C'Thun cards is pretty fun. People think you're going for C'Thun when really you can beat them with the midgame.

Yeah, I'm considering swapping my lightning bolts for stormcrack. 4 is a fucking annoying number to deal with.

Aggro Murloc Paladin is kind of clunky if you play Steward of Darkshire and Warleaders, you have to play the Steward, play your 1 health Murlocs, and after that play the Warleader if you want full value. Of course it's not completely necessary to get both effects.

Shadowbolt is already used in tournaments and is used on Ladder.

Issue with using Soulfire is that if you have Jaraxxus or Reno in hand then you will never use Soulfire because it could cost you the game. Shadowbolt is a reliable Flamewaker/Totem Golem killer at least.

And this might be the stupidest thing I have seen in HS today.

On turn 7 took 29 damage lethal with no board.
This is why cost reducing cards are stupid, you just can't balance around cards like Emperor. There is no counterplay to that.

Issue with using Soulfire is that if you have Jaraxxus or Reno in hand then you will never use Soulfire because it could cost you the game. Shadowbolt is a reliable Flamewaker/Totem Golem killer at least.

He got an emperor trigger on 9 cards. Why is kripp even surprised lol. I mean, the combo is unconventional but the mage essentially spent 14 mana and 7 cards. Spell damage is roughly 2 damage for every mana spent, and mage has some spells that break that ratio.

This is why cost reducing cards are stupid, you just can't balance around cards like Emperor. There is no counterplay to that.

But astral communion turn 1 is okay? lots of counterplay to be had there lmao

Zoggy

so what?

that combo is super unreliable and so rare to pull off.

souce: day9 came up with it.

Apathy

so what?

that combo is super unreliable and so rare to pull off.

souce: day9 came up with it.

lets put aside 29 damage on an empty board and say "fine it's unreliable to think you can pull it off all the time"

The fact that freeze mage has been shown to very very reliably do 19-21 damage with no spell power and 1 emp tick while stalling the game is nothing short of ridiculous. Hell with lack of heals now, you plop alex and you only have to do 15 from hand and most classes are dead, 2 fireballs and a frostbolt Something you can do without reduction

Levi

Banned
Went threw my stats since Old Gods was released in my deck tracker. Turns out I would have a positive win rate if I hadn't tried to make Priest work... 2-9 with Priest since Old Gods. Ouch. 44% overall win rate. Positive win rates with Warrior, Druid, and at pretty much 50% with Hunter and Warlock. Warrior the clear winner. All of my warrior decks--control, C'thun Control, Patron and Pirate have done well. Beast and C'thun Druid also do well for me.

Well under 50% with Deathrattle Rogue, but it's edged out of the bottom two by Paladin, which is my second worst class, after Priest. I was so excited for Healadin but either I'm unlucky or I'm bad at the deck but I'm sitting under 33% win rate.

Shaman I haven't played enough to even count. Couple games midrange with evolve, couple games midrange without evolve, I just can't even bring myself to play the OP class. I didn't play Undertaker Hunter, I only played like 5 games total with Secret Paladin and I probably won't play either Shaman much.

EDIT: and as much as I hate Aggro Shaman if you let me pick some archetypes to delete from the game it'd be Astral Communion Druid and Freeze Mage. Fuck both of those shitty, uninteractive decks.

Apathy

Went threw my stats since Old Gods was released in my deck tracker. Turns out I would have a positive win rate if I hadn't tried to make Priest work... 2-9 with Priest since Old Gods. Ouch. 44% overall win rate. Positive win rates with Warrior, Druid, and at pretty much 50% with Hunter and Warlock. Warrior the clear winner. All of my warrior decks--control, C'thun Control, Patron and Pirate have done well. Beast and C'thun Druid also do well for me.

Well under 50% with Deathrattle Rogue, but it's edged out of the bottom two by Paladin, which is my second worst class, after Priest. I was so excited for Healadin but either I'm unlucky or I'm bad at the deck but I'm sitting under 33% win rate.

Shaman I haven't played enough to even count. Couple games midrange with evolve, couple games midrange without evolve, I just can't even bring myself to play the OP class. I didn't play Undertaker Hunter, I only played like 5 games total with Secret Paladin and I probably won't play either Shaman much.

EDIT: and as much as I hate Aggro Shaman if you let me pick some archetypes to delete from the game it'd be Astral Communion Druid and Freeze Mage. Fuck both of those shitty, uninteractive decks.

Nice stats. Do you have access to all the cards from each one of those classes you tried out? (want to see if that might have been a cause for some of the lower ones)

Levi

Banned
Nice stats. Do you have access to all the cards from each one of those classes you tried out? (want to see if that might have been a cause for some of the lower ones)

Yeah, I have pretty much all the good Old Gods cards. Here's my collection. I've always had trouble piloting Rogue but Paladin and Priest I could do well with before.

Midrange Druid is my all time best win-rate deck, followed by Midrange Paladin (post-GVG pre-BRM) and control/fatigue warrior.

Levi

Banned
I feel like Freeze Mage is overrated. I almost never lose to the deck, and I can't seem to win with it in this meta, either.

It could be a tier 4 deck and I'd still hate it. I was a Druid main who switched to Control Warrior after I got my golden Druid hero portrait, both of those classes crush freeze mage, doesn't make that deck okay.

Owzers

Arena game 5, keep Ysera in my opening hand? Yes, yes i will, every win i get is finalized with one card, but i think it was a good draft even with my lack of skill. When you have to decide between a piloted shredder or faceless summoner in a draft...

Celegus

Finally got a rogue quest so I tried out some N'Zoth deathrattle business. I actually haven't run into one yet, so Undercity Huckster is now my new favoritest card ever.

Dahbomb

I feel like Freeze Mage is overrated. I almost never lose to the deck, and I can't seem to win with it in this meta, either.
Won like 5 games in a row with it yesterday for the quest.

Though if you just started it takes a while to get used to it. Not an easy deck to pilot.

Mulgrok

Arena game 5, keep Ysera in my opening hand? Yes, yes i will, every win i get is finalized with one card, but i think it was a good draft even with my lack of skill. When you have to decide between a piloted shredder or faceless summoner in a draft...

I had an arena run earlier that went 2-3 because the card quality was horrible. My options were so poor that I ended up drafting 5 saps over crap like murloc tiny fin and wisp.

C'Thun sucks. Reno Jackson is the biggest bullshit in the history of cards. Hearthstone sucks.

Yeah, Reno and C'Thun have been my two biggest lost conditions since Old Gods came out.

I need to swap one of my Thunderbluff Valiants out for Sylvanas. Still one of the most value legendaries I've gotten from a pack.

Changing from my aggro deck to my evolve deck has been fun. Went from fearing C'Thun to laughing at it because it can't do enough damage to stop the minions I have out. Feels like this.

GL9LTF.gif

Top Bottom