• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

CoolOff

The absolute bullshit that you have to see in arena.

CUYaTLI.png

RZlEVxe.png

ew6PTAR.png

I had him on the ropes as well.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. Only ever saw Validated Doomsayer after an evolve.

Milennia

I dont know what to do with my dust, i was maybe going to craft a side deck all golden but i dont even know where to start, its like money burning a hole in my pocket or something

25,000 and i have 2 gold decks already my cw and freeze mage

N'zoth is super fucking broken :/

Makes the game totally not fun to deal with paladin equality bullshit only to have them drop N'zoth and revive everything.

Tarazet

This is why I want to make a N'Zoth Warlock deck, and just bring back a ton of Dreadsteeds.

Huckster once gave me Dreadsteed and that won the game for me. You can make extra copies with Shadowcaster, Cold Blood them, taunt them up, I even used them to buff my other Huckster's Void Terror and then they both just popped back on the board. Insanity.

Catvoca

Banned
Playing agains C'Thun Druid is so boring to me. Proper ResidentSleeper shit. Not looking forward to playing against it for the next 5 months - 2 years tbh. I thought I wanted minion combat, but I guess I was wrong.

Huckster once gave me Dreadsteed and that won the game for me. You can make extra copies with Shadowcaster, Cold Blood them, taunt them up, I even used them to buff my other Huckster's Void Terror and then they both just popped back on the board. Insanity.
Nice!

This is where I am at:

zu50Wqd.png

So far I have gone from rank 20 to 13 (didn't really play last month). I feel like I am 1 or 2 adjustments off from being satisfied with this deck. I am going to drop the Snake Trap and a hyena for a second bow and a a second grub I think. Very rarely do I get to use Huhuran on the Highmane but she's a decent body... not 100% convinced by her.
We're similar; here's my list:

Big differences:
You don't run Knife Juggler at all. I ran 2, and I think Blizzard effectively nerfed him because he was holding me back. On the other hand, I won a game because I waited until turn 7 and did Juggler, Hyena, UTH, and I cleared the board and suddenly had a 2/2 and 10/7 ready to destroy.

I've never found Tracking to be appealing - it's just a tempo loss card in my mind. I rarely have mana sitting around for this. Can you tell me how it works for you?

I don't have King Crush, so he doesn't go in - haha. Ditto for Princess Huhuran.

I don't run the Grub, but you and another are swearing by him and my 3 drops are weak, so I might try it out.

My matches are usually over by ~turn 8, so I don't find the need for two CotW. I know Dahbomb runs 2 in his deck, though.

Savannah Highmane is one of the greatest cards in the game. The best 6-drop in the game. Don't remove them! Only Priests can deal with the card regularly.

I have Tomb Spiders to help with mid-late card draw. I've had games where I get Tomb Spider from Tomb Spider, and it takes me from having an empty hand to two creatures on the board with one still in my hand. I can see myself dropping Tomb Spider, but it's in there for now because it's so flexible, and I have gotten Princess Huhuran from it twice today.

Gladiator's Longbow is fantastic. It's like two Kill Commands in one card. I've won some matches just by going Face with it twice like I'm a Shaman. :-O

Wow I just managed to beat a N'zoth paladin with a Yogg mage deck. Double Torch + one cabalist's tome giving me another torch gave me so much removal, and two polymorphs + polyboar from arcanist let me deal with his Tirion, Cairne, and Sylvanas. Yogg also helped to clean up his N'zoth board, which was only two harvest golems and a loot hoarder thanks to all my spells.

Apathy

On kiblers stream, he was facing a mage that had mirror up. He drops his yogg, it buffs itself, damaged itself a bit and froze itself, and when it was done his opponents mirror went off and copied the buffed, damaged and frozen yogg on his board.

Levi

Banned
Which streamer was it that claimed match-making was rigged? Because it totally is.

Couldn't find anything to play this morning that was working vs Zoo / Shaman, which was all I was seeing. Tried crafting Healdin, to no avail, still too slow. Ended up settling on a Patron Warrior list and I was FEASTING on all these aggro "never trade, never think" decks I was facing. Got an easy 6 win streak, finally got myself out of rank 19, feeling good.

Then, I see a Renolock who Hellfires my Patron board, and then when I build it up again, it gets twisting nethered.

Guess what happened the next two games? Three handlocks in a row, and before today the amount of Handlock I saw on ladder since Old Gods was ZILCH.

Ugh.

Anyway, here's a fun screenshot of one of my earlier feasts.

JZ3kZUT.jpg

Not sure why he had Cult Master, every other card he played was from the aggro list.

ViviOggi

Controlling Shaman is such a crapshoot with that compulsory curve, it really is like Midrange/Eboladin back in the day, just even worse because even by turn 4 or 5 you might not have seen anything that gives them away as midrange. So annoying.

Schnauzer

Aggro Shaman...aggro shaman...aggro shaman.

I am not minding since I play one of their counters atm, but...it's a bit boring to constantly fight the same deck.

EmiPrime

I've never found Tracking to be appealing - it's just a tempo loss card in my mind. I rarely have mana sitting around for this. Can you tell me how it works for you?

I keep it for when I need a specific answer to what's on the board that turn and I don't currently have it in my hand. It's typically either to find a win condition (Call of the Wild or King Krush) or to keep me alive (Houndmaster).

I don't have King Crush, so he doesn't go in - haha. Ditto for Princess Huhuran.

He's really underrated. If you have him in hand (not uncommon through Elekk joust draws) you can more confidently go face knowing that at turn 9 you have a finisher.

I have Tomb Spiders to help with mid-late card draw. I've had games where I get Tomb Spider from Tomb Spider, and it takes me from having an empty hand to two creatures on the board with one still in my hand. I can see myself dropping Tomb Spider, but it's in there for now because it's so flexible, and I have gotten Princess Huhuran from it twice today.

Gladiator's Longbow is fantastic. It's like two Kill Commands in one card. I've won some matches just by going Face with it twice like I'm a Shaman. :-O

I'll swap an Eaglehorn for a Gladiator's, I am oversubscribed on 3 drops anyway. I'd love to find place for Tomb Spider but can't find one right now. :(

Using that Tempo Mage deck from yesterday against a Rogue, dude got salty as hell as I froze alll his minions just to Flamestrike them out of existence.

Didn't respond to my friend request after, don't know why... I thought him screaming "I will be your death!" at me was a term of endearment.

And Sylvanas is top dog again.

Was thinking about crafting her. Can't see me opening many Classic packs now and I have the dust for 1 legendary.

Using that Tempo Mage deck from yesterday against a Rogue, dude got salty as hell as I froze alll his minions just to Flamestrike them out of existence.

Didn't respond to my friend request after, don't know why... I thought him screaming "I will be your death!" at me was a term of endearment.

Was thinking about crafting her. Can't see me opening many Classic packs now and I have the dust for 1 legendary.
I only had dust for 1 legendary and crafted her, she's the first one I've crafted myself. She fits into a lot of classes and archetypes and is almost never really a bad fit.

She's the safe choice, I was contemplating Twin Emps too but if I end up not caring about C'Thun decks that's a total waste of dust. If you're sure you want to focus on a certain class I'm sure there's some other legendaries that might be better suited to you.

fertygo

If Blade Flurry wasn't nerfed Rogue can terrifying as shit, they still surprisingly competitive and their addition is solid and meta benefit them is the key tho

EmiPrime

Face shaman got 2 extra Flametongue totems out of the Tuskarr.

4IjUdok.jpg

Luckily Ram Wrangler magiced up a King Krush so good triumphed over evil.

inky

I've been running Kirin Tor Mage in my Tempo deck and it has worked reasonably well so far.

4/3 for 3 isn't the death sentence it used to be, although the mulligan options and timing counter plays don't make it the most efficient use of mana either.

greepoman

Played against the yogg mage deck that kibblers running which is basically cast as many spells as you can and delay the game as long as possible to get the most insane yogg. Makes for an exciting yogg but it takes 30 min to get to that point just for them to usually mill themselves to death. I guess at least its not shammy or zoo lol.

Apathy

Played against the yogg mage deck that kibblers running which is basically cast as many spells as you can and delay the game as long as possible to get the most insane yogg. Makes for an exciting yogg but it takes 30 min to get to that point just for them to usually mill themselves to death. I guess at least its not shammy or zoo lol.

Yogg is really really fun when watching someone use it like on a stream

or like some crazy cheeseburger, liquor and hearthstone party

I've not seen a lot of cards... like that 3/5 for 3 that can attack if you do.
I saw that in Arena...the guy was playing Hunter and never drew a weapon.

N'zoth is super fucking broken :/

Makes the game totally not fun to deal with paladin equality bullshit only to have them drop N'zoth and revive everything.
C'Thun and N'Zoth give you a timer: win by turn 10 or lose. Unless you're facing a Paladin. Then it's turn 8.

Wow prelude's face when reno finally showed up.

I just had an unexpected reno hit the board too. I dropped this rogue to 3 health using malygos and burn etc.. He BM'd me. He roped out and then played reno.

But... I had malygos and auctioneer out. He eventually dropped a 20/20 c'thun and malygos survived plus auctioneer and I had lethal on board, but xaril also got me more burn and I finished him off with that.

Apathy

I just had an unexpected reno hit the board too. I dropped this rogue to 3 health using malygos and burn etc.. He BM'd me. He roped out and then played reno.

But... I had malygos and auctioneer out. He eventually dropped a 20/20 c'thun and malygos survived plus auctioneer and I had lethal on board, but xaril also got me more burn and I finished him off with that.

love it, always punish BM

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
double trogg + totem golem opening is pretty broken =/

Though to be fair, it's less broken than the perfect Mech Mage Opening. Coin out Mech Warper and Gnome, turn 2 play Mechwarper #2, Snowchugger Snowchugger, Spider Tank.

In other news last night I faced a priest going full on "Fuck Zoo". Excavated Evil, Holy Nova, Auchenai Soulpriest + Circle of Healing, and Shadow Word Horror.

Top Bottom