• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

bord

Neo Member
So I decided to build a wall...

CkyTrkH.png

KuroNeeko

Yes they are good, you just can't be greedy. Take what you can hit on the board, same with Raptor, but there are so many good targets in your deck that you probably won't feel too bad about what you get.

Interesting...man, never enough dust to go around...thanks for responding!

You still hunting Priests?

Pooya

So what do you see as the good rogue decks now, C'thun? That funky backspace list with Bladed Cultist? Dog's Deathrattle? Reno? Miracle? They've all got their ups and downs, and some are much more straightforward and intuitive than others. None of them will faceroll to victory like a proper meta deck.

The miracle deck with conceal is good and a real meta deck right now, it was very popular in the tournament this weekend with very good results. Malygos deck is the second one but even superjj that always played it favors the conceal/coldblood one and brought that instead. All of these decks have exactly 0 hucksters in them.

Personally I thought making knife juggler work with played minions and not summoned minions would have been a fair nerf. I don't particularly mind what they did do to change it, though.

It's no Flamewreathed Faceless.

I swear everytime I play flamewreathed faceless it is almost immediately dealt with. Which I guess is ok as it forced removal.

Also the Control Paladin has to be one of the most frustrating things to play against. Oh that's nice that you dropped a flamewreathed faceless, it now has 1 attack. Or I will just play equality and consecration/that minion that deals one damage to everything when a spell is cast to clear you out.

If you can't tell I have had terrible luck with top decks, but maybe I am just doing something wrong in choosing the cards I hold onto. Just have to roll with it I guess, its a deck and there will be times where the cards I need are in the bottom and there is nothing I can do about it.

squidyj

winstreak from 20 to 13.
I cut Evolve from my shaman deck and pushed it into a more overload heavy direction with the 3/2s to help out. I don't necessarily have a direct comparison but it feels stronger.

Tarazet

Yeah, I'm the same. lol

If you're on NA, I'm at candyFrog#1327 if you want some grudge matches. ;)

I like Rogue, but they usually stomp my Priest.

Always been the case. I've been getting a lot of mirrors tonight, Rogue seems to be catching on. They're the best mirror matches, all about trying to outfox the other guy and use your cool stuff.

platakul

Banned
if the hex dies you can get cthun back
the problem in that match was that he tried to play the doomcaller when the frog was still on the board so cthun technically hadn't died yet
the funy part was that he had verbalized that. played the doomcaller, then forgot that he made that point

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
the problem in that match was that he tried to play the doomcaller when the frog was still on the board so cthun technically hadn't died yet
the funy part was that he had verbalized that. played the doomcaller, then forgot that he made that point
I'm almost 100% sure you can't get it back because it operates under the same conditions as Feugen and Stalagg. Anyone who pays attention to mechanics esoterica and had been playing since Naxx would've intuited this.

Example: https://youtu.be/LJrtNi6r_OU?t=59

Where C'thun actually breaks from established mechanics is the fact that things that trigger off of C'thun's power or affect C'thun's power continue to work even if the player no longer possesses a C'thun card in any of their "zones", and if they somehow get another C'thun into their deck, like from Entomb for example, it will adopt their C'thun stats counter and not start a "fresh cycle", as it were. I found a thread on B.net that apparently confirmed this via Ben Brode. The C'thun stats counter is a player attribute and is separate from C'thun, the card.

Kornflayx

Yeah, I think I'm done with this game. Last week was kinda fun again with people trying out C'Thun decks. But now it's just back to turn 5 or 6 deaths to Zoo or Divine Shield Pally.

Now I remember why I stopped for playing the last 2 months.

zoukka

Yeah, I think I'm done with this game. Last week was kinda fun again with people trying out C'Thun decks. But now it's just back to turn 5 or 6 deaths to Zoo or Divine Shield Pally.

Now I remember why I stopped for playing the last 2 months.

You are my opposite. The slow ass boring Cthun decks are dull as hell. Miracle Rogue being back is awesome. Zoo is manageable as always and the new OP deck Shaman isn't nearly as annoying as Secret Pally.

Pooya

I actually hope C'Thun decks die a fast death, it's so dull and I think I'm allergic to the cultists.

No, that won't work because C'Thun in fact is NOT in the graveyard when it's transformed, it's just out of the game.

Anyone who pays attention to mechanics esoterica and had been playing since Naxx would've intuited this.

Anyone who had really playing since Naxx would know Blizzard make shit up in this regard.

Mechanics are anything but intuitive and change all the time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't say it was intuitive, I said you would've intuited this outcome if you had a rough idea of how the game handles "transform" and "death flags".

For the very reason that Blizzard likes to play it very loose with wording and animation feedback, you can't trust what animations you see on the board or the text you read on the cards, only what you can understand about the engine.

zoukka

There's plenty of stupid exceptions to rules in HS and borderline illogical way the stack works. For example, did you know that healing totem lives the Baron Geddon effect?

Doomcaller is pretty clear, even if it isn't readily apparent, that cthun does not get added to your deck unless it has already died. When you transform a minion, it doesn't die, hence deathrattles don't trigger. Where ever you consider the card to be, graveyard etc.., it hasn't died, therefore not dead.

I never understood transform to be honest. Silence doesn't return to base status, they don't die, they are removed from game somewhere,...

It's just too obtuse for my taste w/o testing out extensively and/or looking it up.

Strider

Dat feel when you play Yogg only for it to damage itself, but then it casts blood warriors so you get hype because you got another Yogg... Oh but then Yogg casts Astral Communion lol

The rollercoaster that comes with playing this card man... Love it.

There's plenty of stupid exceptions to rules in HS and borderline illogical way the stack works. For example, did you know that healing totem lives the Baron Geddon effect?

Imp master kills itself and comes back to life too.

But for better examples, you only need to look at explosive sheep and the current mess with killing imp gang boss...or try to explain what does and doesn't work on Jaraxxus

FeD.nL

Dat feel when you play Yogg only for it to damage itself, but then it casts blood warriors so you get hype because you got another Yogg... Oh but then Yogg casts Astral Communion lol

The rollercoaster that comes with playing this card man... Love it.

Yup love it as well. Card bailed me out again against a C'thun priest. There is very little drawback to putting Yogg in Tempo Mage, and it just sometimes turns a 100% loss into a win.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I guess so. It heals itself from 0 hp which is just dumb.

If you think Healing Totem is some exception to the rule, it isn't. Death Processing does not occur after every single action that effects the game state. If you have simultaneous death and healing/buff effects occur within the same phase, any minion at or below zero health can be saved. Cards like Dark Cultist or Anubisath Sentinel could do the same thing.

Hycran

Banned
Not sure if it was clear from the interaction, but even if a death rattle minion is silenced, n'zoth will resume on it upon death. Got my sylv back that way felt good man

Leezard

If you think Healing Totem is some exception to the rule, it isn't. Death Processing does not occur after every single action that effects the game state. If you have simultaneous death and healing/buff effects occur within the same phase, any minion at or below zero health can be saved. Cards like Dark Cultist or Anubisath Sentinel could do the same thing.

That's why we had some fun things with Kel'Thuzad resurrecting himself after getting killed by Rag. I guess Blizzard fixed that "bug" though, right?

Levi

Banned
So what are everyone's favorite (not best, favorite) Common, Rare and Epic cards from Old Gods?

Common: Ravaging Ghoul, Bloodhoof Brave.

Rare: Infested Wolf, Mire Keeper

Epic: Call of the Wild, Shadowcaster.

Celegus

Undercity Huckster because of his voice clips, Journey into Darkness for saving my butt with a surprise Anub-Arak countless times against control warriors, Shadowcaster for being a really neat card.

Top Bottom