• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

akinkcl

Neo Member
Doomhammer plus rockbiter is just straight up broken..I just got hit with 16 damage over one turn because of the bullshit combo..something has to be done

I just had the most BS win ever.

I have Ragnaros, Ram Wrangler, and something else on the board I can't remember.
My opponent plays his 16/16 C'Thun and kills everything but Ragnaros at 6 health, and I'm at 13.
I have no answer to C'Thun.
My turn rolls around, and I draw a Hunter's Mark.
I play Tomb Spider, and low and behold there he is: Tundra Rhino.
I play Tundra Rhino and kill C'Thun with Tomb Spider.

Next turn, he plays the 5/7 taunt to stay alive.

Since Rhino is still on the board, I drop Savannah Highmane and a Toad, and kill the 5/7. I didn't even have to wait for Ragnaros to kill because the Highmane's hyenas got to go face and finish the match.

INCREDIBLE!

Up from rank 19 to rank 13 in an evening - feels good!

I did..was playing dragon paladin..running twilight guardian.. he silenced it lol

Run more. Taunt up a statue! Of course then you will have problems with something else.

You can't beat every deck with one deck and that is a very good thing. If people stopped playing doomhammer again, we would be closer to a one deck game.

akinkcl

Neo Member
Run more. Taunt up a statue! Of course then you will have problems with something else.

You can't beat every deck with one deck and that is a very good thing. If people stopped playing doomhammer again, we would be closer to a one deck game.

Funny enough, I won thanks to forbidden healing,,but still....16 damage!

butts

Just had a crazy Renounce Darkness game where I turned into a Shaman and won. Was at 229 wins with Warlock, and afterwards I was still at 229. Do Renounce Darkness wins not count for Warlock?

Owzers

I crafted some aggro shaman pieces finally, i like playing decks that are underrepresented in the meta so this should be fun.

Just need a win 5 quest now. I also couldn't allow the dust to go to any class legendaries yet, and i didn't want to craft a second eternal sentinel so i'm using the lava shock free up mana spell instead of a second.

Gutss

Got 1800 dust tempted to craft light rag, is this card really good for control pali? thinking to put it on my reno pali deck.

It's like th eonly way to deal with aggro and freeze

Exactly, imagine being like "next turn I have the game unless he has forbidden healing" and then you have it and by the time they are ready to go for it again you have lay on hands and or Rag. Must be infuriating, freeze mages are so obvious when they want to go for it it's almost too easy.

Got 1800 dust tempted to craft light rag, is this card really good for control pali? thinking to put it on my reno pali deck.

amazing heals 8 immediately, with a cost efficient body and completely turns a game around if it sticks.

Apathy

Exactly, imagine being like "next turn I have the game unless he has forbidden healing" and then you have it and by the time they are ready to go for it again you have lay on hands and or Rag. Must be infuriating, freeze mages are so obvious when they want to go for it it's almost too easy.

amazing heals 8 immediately, with a cost efficient body and completely turns a game around if it sticks.

I've gotten really good at countering freeze mage now, specially when I got both in hand< i can use one when they do a first try burst, save the second one after using my truesilver's and they think they can alex me down

Gutss

Thanks guys will craft it!! first im thinking of sylvanas and then i saw this, looks like my reno pali will be tough this season ^.^.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Today, I had a fire rag snipe my light rag.

Rag, stop hitting yourself!

jgminto

Is Nerubian Prophet worth running in Evolve Shaman

because it keeps getting evolved into garbage like rend blackhand
It's really good if you can get a good reduction on it, either for an early turn or when you've got a heavy mana overload. Coin+Totemic into Nerubian is basically game winning.

KuroNeeko

So is there any reason I should wait and not craft Twin Emps and Fandral? They seem like pretty slam dunk legendaries.

Not sure how future-proof Twin Emps are. If C'thun gets continued support in the next adventure and expansion (not likely, but possible) then they might be good to craft if you like C'thun lists. Otherwise....

I think Fandral is a decent craft if you like Druid. You can use him for two years and he synergizes with a lot of Choose One cards that Druid is famous for. He could end up being a dud, but I think he, like Herald, will only get better as we get more cards.

Just my two yen.

Dahbomb

So is there any reason I should wait and not craft Twin Emps and Fandral? They seem like pretty slam dunk legendaries.
Depends on how much you like Druid I guess as both are used in Druid the most.

I see Fandral more in Beast decks than in Cthun decks. I think he's kinda meh in Cthun decks but in Beast Druid it's really good (Power of the Wild, Wrath, all the Beast transformations, Living Roots).

I really like Fandral + Raven Idol. 5 mana for a 3/5 and drawing two cards. It's also not as terribly expensive as the other Fandral combos.

bjaelke

Just standard Ramp Druid. Lots of mana acceleration and big minions.
Kolento ran this deck last night. Seemed very consistent.

uLO15JR.png

Top Bottom