• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

FeD.nL

I feel like running the elders is a mistake. If you are playing Wild Growth you'll be skipping your Turn 3 a lot of the time. I would think you would actually want Cthuns Chosen over the Elders and that you should be saving your innervates for bigger drops like Dark Arrakoa.

Also, why not Klaxxi Amberweaver? Or Brann? I know Fandral Staghelm is real but I feel you might be over saturated with Choose Ones.

Yeah the elders I'm not sure about, but so far they've performed pretty decent. It's just so easy to fit them in somewhere during the game and cast a spell alongside them and have a powerful turn that way without floating any mana.

And that was also my problem with the Chosen in that I often found myself floating mana when playing them or just having awkward turns.

The Klaxxi's where really unimpressive to me. Like I never had a 10/10 C'thun on turn 4 and also not on turn 5 so basically the soonest I would get them out as a 4/10 would be on turn 7, which meant they are basically the same as a Fierce Doomguard and personally I would prefer the 6/8 stat distribution over a 4/10. And without ways to taunt them they just feel meh to me, like they don't really fit in the gameplan I have for this deck at all.

I had Brann in the deck, but since C'thun isn't the but a win-condition I didn't really get much value from him.

In regard to the choose one's Living Roots/Raven Idol/Wrath are primarily there to prevent me from floating mana while ramping, just makes it easy to have very efficient turns and that they're easy to pull off with Fandral is just a big bonus. The two Mire Keepers just fit the gameplan well which is to ramp to the big drops asap and the ability to put an extra 2/2 body down when facing a flood deck is just incredibly valuable to me. Nourish is there to refill my hand. And Druid of the Claw/Ancient of War are just great cards that fit the gameplan perfectly.

But I appreciate the input! I'm definitely keeping a close eye on the Elders.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Doomhammer + Rockbiter is still the most cancerous shit in the existence TCGs.

I've saved up 9 Doomhammers, four which are golden, for when this piece of shit is nerfed. With the dust, I will clean all the tears from the trash that has been abusing this shit for the past two years.

I've saved up 9 Doomhammers, four which are golden, for when this piece of shit is nerfed. With the dust, I will clean all the tears from the trash that has been abusing this shit for the past two years.

Still can't believe Rockbiter + Doomhammer is still possible.

Doomhammer is fine. Rockbiter is the problem. Expect the latter to get nerfed.

fertygo

meet nothing but frigging tempo mage, and they so bad.. how the fuck you losing when opening with Mana Wyrm..

and flamewanker ugh, can't wait for this scumbag gone

you don't play many TCGs do you? There were times no one knew how to make cards and there was zero reference to be had. For instance 2 mana take an extra turn.

Dahbomb

Nah.

latest

Aka "You don't get to play son!"

Raxus

Nah.

latest

Aka "You don't get to play son!"

Let's not forget if your opponent had one of two cards on the field they could get that card straight into their hand after blowing up your entire hand and board.

WONDER WHY IT GOT BANNED?!?!?

Yugioh really needed a set rotation ala magic. Funniest thing about yata? He was a common in japan lol.

fertygo

Arena being Wild doesn't made sense, doesn't they want new player play arena too?

and from what I see the new card still not offered enough, card pool just too huge for RNG it, zzzzzzz

Apathy

Why wouldn't Arena include Wild cards?

Playing devil's advocate here,

I think the reasoning being that during the tutorial (not sure if it's changed now) it had you buy your first arena run. You go in and test out with cards that you would not see after in standard, since standard is where new players get funneled into.

Now obviously I think the arena is fine as is and don't want it changed, (well maybe, I would add back the c'thun cards but not cthun, let the elder be another spider tank with no tribe, who cares).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think the reasoning being that during the tutorial (not sure if it's changed now) it had you buy your first arena run. You go in and test out with cards that you would not see after in standard, since standard is where new players get funneled into.

Now obviously I think the arena is fine as is and don't want it changed, (well maybe, I would add back the c'thun cards but not cthun, let the elder be another spider tank with no tribe, who cares).
If anything I would think a person's first guess would be that arena has exclusive cards.

hodgy100

so I made a yogg-freeze-mage and it has to be one of the most fun decks ive made. I love control decks as it is and this deck has answers for most situations, only then to end it in the insanity of yogg-saron! Its best when he shadowsteps himself or I manage to set up a combo with yogg. SO GOOD!

fertygo

Why wouldn't Arena include Wild cards?

because new player have little knowledge about those card and even more as time pass on?

Primary reason I just bored looking same card, whisper card get offered like 3 time at most

btw hafu just goes 0-3 in a row, imagine if its kripp.. he not even gonna laugh

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Uh.... so I just used equality + pyro on a board full of murlocs... and the murloc warleaders saved them all.... is that suppose to happen?

Wow, there are some terrible players here at rank 18. Like this guy just attacked a Highmane with his 1/1 Rogue Dagger.

because new player have little knowledge about those card and even more as time pass on?

Primary reason I just bored looking same card, whisper card get offered like 3 time at most

btw hafu just goes 0-3 in a row, imagine if its kripp.. he not even gonna laugh
Wow, Hafu went 0-3? She must need more skill for Arena!

As a new player, I was just happy to see so many random cards I didn't own in Arena. More variation was better.

I think it takes new players a long time to figure that stuff out. It wasn't even until a month before GvG and Naxx were booted that I started looking up which sets the various cards were from.

Uh.... so I just used equality + pyro on a board full of murlocs... and the murloc warleaders saved them all.... is that suppose to happen?

yes. war leader gives +2/1 to all murlocs. So if you equality they'll have 2 health since they get the additional 1 from warleader. If there was only 1 warleader, the warleader would die

Auras being constantly applied while the aura giver is active means debuffs don't overwrite them like they do permanent enhancements. Which is why when you aldor something buffed by FTT they don't stay at 1 attack, but 3.

dralla

Dusted all my Wild cards and a couple of Legendaries from Explorers I'd never use and made a Sylvanas. This is the Priest deck I've been using and having pretty good success with and it's probably the most fun deck I've ever made because of all the synergy and combos. I've been running into a lot of decks with multiple big legendaries so I'm thinking of another another Entomb, but I'm not sure what I'd get rid of. Each card has it's roll in the deck and not sure I wanna mess with a good thing. Strangely enough Sylvanas might be the least important, I was running a Sunwalker in her place before I had her. Embrace the Shadows has turned out to be one of the better cards. The combos/board clears it allows is sooo good. It's won be quite a few games.

K59ARBL.png

Drake

Ok boys, I'm lacking some critical cards. I have 6k dust to play around with. I usually play druid, but I have all the cards I need for that class (except Cenarius, but he's not really seeing a lot of play right now). I really enjoy playing Paladin and Shaman as well. I want to start playing warrior, but that's the most expensive class to play. Stuff I think that is absolutely critical that I lack:

no shield slams, need 2
no brawls, need 2
no Grom, need 1
no Tirion, need 1
no Doomhammers, need 1

If I crafted everything above it would cost me 5200 dust. I also lack some pretty strong neutral cards like Rag and Ysera. I do have Sylvanas though. Does the above list seem like a good starting point? I'm temped to not craft Grom and craft one of Rag, or Ysera, mostly because they are neutral and can be used in more decks, but I'm not sure if I want to do that. What do you think?

I also really do not want to craft Justicar because she'll be cycling out sooner rather than later. I do understand how powerful she is for warrior though,

Dahbomb

That's how it always happened.

Also, Darkshire does not buff Murlocs that are buffed above one HP by Warleader or other passive buffs.

Levi

Banned
Ok boys, I'm lacking some critical cards. I have 6k dust to play around with. I usually play druid, but I have all the cards I need for that class (except Cenarius, but he's not really seeing a lot of play right now). I really enjoy playing Paladin and Shaman as well. I want to start playing warrior, but that's the most expensive class to play. Stuff I think that is absolutely critical that I lack:

no shield slams, need 2
no brawls, need 2
no Grom, need 1
no Tirion, need 1
no Doomhammers, need 1

I also really do not want to craft Justicar because she'll be cycling out sooner rather than later. I do understand how powerful she is for warrior though,

As a warrior guy, you definitely need two shield slams. However, you can get by with only one Brawl (before old gods I only ran one, but now I have two because of all the flood decks out there) Grom is a very good finisher but you can use C'thun in that spot instead if you're willing to play C'thun Warrior, and you can always find a place in warrior for strong neutral legendaries if you want to focus on those first.

Justicar is very good in warrior, as you noted, but in C'thun Warrior those Ancient Shieldbearers generate so much armor she isn't strictly necessary. If you have Bran and combo with one of those Shieldbearers, youve put two minions on board and gained 20 armor for just 10 mana.

Schnauzer

As a warrior guy, you definitely need two shield slams. However, you can get by with only one Brawl (before old gods I only ran one, but now I have two because of all the flood decks out there) Grom is a very good finisher but you can use C'thun in that spot instead if you're willing to play C'thun Warrior, and you can always find a place in warrior for strong neutral legendaries if you want to focus on those first.

Justicar is very good in warrior, as you noted, but in C'thun Warrior those Ancient Shieldbearers generate so much armor she isn't strictly necessary. If you have Bran and combo with one of those Shieldbearers, youve put two minions on board and gained 20 armor for just 10 mana.

I also only do one Brawl when I play warrior. The second one is a dead card for me more often than not.

Drake

If I only craft 1 brawl, it does leave room for me to make something else. I think I will go this route. I'll make everything except for the Grom, see where I'm at with dust and go from there. Thanks.

And yeah, I LOVE playing C'thun decks, so C'thun warrior will probably be a thing I play.

Levi

Banned
I also only do one Brawl when I play warrior. The second one is a dead card for me more often than not.

That's why I ended up putting Elise into my C'thun Warrior deck, so I have the second Brawl vs Nzoth or flood decks, and I can change that Brawl into a legendary in control games where it's not useful.

Dralla got me thinking: maybe Priests are supposed to be using Embrace the Shadow + Circle of Healing to survive the early game?

Maybe, but to me, needing a two card combo that also clears your own minions just to survive the early game seems rough. But, it does seem like a worthwhile idea to test out for sure. I'm just not optimistic.

Top Bottom