• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

bord

Neo Member
I beat Kripp! Score at the time was 2-1

6drWBRo.png

patchday

This game is so fun. Everytime I turn it on I dont want to stop playing

so nice being able to play 1v1 againist other players.

I highly recommend this game to folks tired of having a hard time in MOBAs etc where you forced to play with randoms and get trolled left & right

Anyone played any Renolock lately? I've been messing around with a list, though it's hard to know what cards to put in with the nerfing of molten giant and so many cards leaving standard. Been playing around some with Cho'gall but for the most part I've been playing him as a War golem more than anything. Also threw in a Spreading Madness but it seems really terrible. I once used it to ping off a minion and while it managed to do so, the remaining 8 hits decided that my face was the place, dropping me to two life. Thankfully my opponent didn't have lethal so I could Jaraxxus next turn but still what an AWFUL card. I don't have Leeroy so I can't run combo so I run Rafaam as a finisher and he seems to perform really great. BGH seems to have utterly disappeared from the meta so more often than not I have a target for the lantern.

Dahbomb

LMAO he was
BabyRage.png
ing every turn
Good.

Also Mulch re-introduced into the meta.

I am vindicated yet again!

ZealousD what's the ruling on the blasts if someone ends up being true later on? I was put on blast for Mulch (I believe) but nowadays a lot of Druids are using it post BGH nerf.

Anyone played any Renolock lately? I've been messing around with a list, though it's hard to know what cards to put in with the nerfing of molten giant and so many cards leaving standard. Been playing around some with Cho'gall but for the most part I've been playing him as a War golem more than anything. Also threw in a Spreading Madness but it seems really terrible. I once used it to ping off a minion and while it managed to do so, the remaining 8 hits decided that my face was the place, dropping me to two life. Thankfully my opponent didn't have lethal so I could Jaraxxus next turn but still what an AWFUL card. I don't have Leeroy so I can't run combo so I run Rafaam as a finisher and he seems to perform really great. BGH seems to have utterly disappeared from the meta so more often than not I have a target for the lantern.
Renolock sucks. Deck is some weird Frankenstein of non sense these days. Even Doomsayers and Twisting Nethers can't save it from being rushed the hell down.

Spreading Madness sucks and Chogall is underwhelming.

Pooya

Mulch is like a desperate choice, you have nothing better to use, doesn't mean it's good.

Cult Apothecary is another that is seeing play as there are not better heals available. It's still not good at all.

zoukka

It's still a 6 mana creature as long as Eternal Sentinel or Lava Shock don't get played. Any hard removal like Hex, Polymorph, or SW:D is fine.

No. It comes down on turn 3-4 and every Shaman indeed plays Sentinels and maybe shocks too. Most of the classes do not have hard counters and some don't even have soft counters. A polymorph actually leaves you behind in value if shaman has sentinels/shocks.

SW:D and hex are the best counters for the card, but we are still often speaking of 1-mana advantage for the counter play.

The card is borked.

Mulch is like a desperate choice, you have nothing better to use, doesn't mean it's good.

Nah, in tempo situations mulch is great. It's very rare to get blown out by the value that it gives to your opponent.

My last couple Arena runs have featured complete noobs between 0 and 2 wins. I haven't run into this many noobs since at least the early days of GvG. Reminds me of what Arena used to feel like, no soul crushing 12 win capable decks at 0-0 and losers bracket being mostly a breeze until like 6 wins.

fertygo

My last couple Arena runs have featured complete noobs between 0 and 2 wins. I haven't run into this many noobs since at least the early days of GvG. Reminds me of what Arena used to feel like, no soul crushing 12 win capable decks at 0-0 and losers bracket being mostly a breeze until like 6 wins.

Post not complete without story sir

Dahbomb

Cult Apothecary is another that is seeing play as there are not better heals available. It's still not good at all.
Those cards fill important roles for particular decks and that alone makes them good. It would be like calling Darkbomb bad because it's a worse Frostbolt but in fact it's an essential tool for Warlocks that now they are missing a lot.

And I would argue that Cult Apothecary is still very good in Freeze Mage. It's very easy to get good heals with that card in that deck.

In the case of Mulch, that's a very important tempo tool for Druids that they have lacked all this time. There was never a reason to run Mulch before Combo Druid because they only cared about 3 things: face damage, card draw and cheat ramp cards.

Edit: I would phrase again by saying that "good" in this case means playable in competitive deck not "good" in the sense all these other "pro" sites have where they list any card that isn't godlike as unplayable. Like this site that said Councilman is poor.

Pooya

Nah, in tempo situations mulch is great. It's very rare to get blown out by the value that it gives to your opponent.

It's not exactly a great removal for 3 mana, they still get the deathrattles etc and a card, it's not clean. Whenever I use it I don't feel that great. It's like worse than every class removal around its mana cost others have, for both value and tempo, but for druid you just have to play it, you don't have anything else.

Those cards fill important roles for particular decks and that alone makes them good.

And I would argue that Cult Apothecary is still very good in Freeze Mage. It's very easy to get good heals with that card in that deck.

In the case of Mulch, that's a very important tempo tool for Druids that they have lacked all this time. There was never a reason to run Mulch before Combo Druid because they only cared about 3 things: face damage, card draw and cheat ramp cards.

I get that they have to be played now, but that you don't feel great for running them if that makes any sense.

Post not complete without story sir

No real story, just facing people who drafted Eye For An Eye (the classic noob trap), Tournament Attendee, Murloc Tinyfin, Target Dummy, all of the taunts, going face always, the usual signs of someone new to the game. Back in the day this was somewhat a common occurence for 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 0-1, 0-2, etc. I thought the draft sites eliminated this, but I guess OG/Standard brought true newbies back to the game.

JohnCYQ

That Brann-double coldlight play on Kripp's Fatigue-C'thun mage killing the Reno-C'thun-Elise warrior from 50+ health, lmao.

fertygo

Kripp seem having more fun with constructed right now lol. I like him when playing heavy control deck as well.

I kinda agree, Shaman's 7/7 and Paladin one mana buff card made arena seem annoying as shit

Pooya

why people play servant of yogg, I'm yet to see it working positively even once, it tends to kill or freeze itself lol.

Lyng

Massan banned on twitch and kicked from Cloud9. FeelsGoodMan

Why do people hate Massan so much? As someone who doesnt follow twitch and only watch the streamers game son youtube I dont really get all the hate?
He doesnt seem any more annoying then Trump or Amaz?

I'm joining the darkside guys with meta shaman, tempo mage is just too frustrating to play atm.

Shaman is just too strong, for every one of their cards I have to spend two just to get rid of. I'm fucking sick of totemic tuskarr summoning a totem golem, I'm fucking sick of flamewreathed faceless. I'm fucking sick of Doomhammer, I'm fucking sick of rockbiter. Thing from below is fucking bullshit.

This whole game is fucking bullshit.

Someone explain to me how is it fair that a class has a fucking 3 drop that can summon a 3/2 and a possible 3/4 and a fucking 7/7 for a 4 drop.

Shit is clown shoes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Someone explain to me how is it fair that a class has a fucking 3 drop that can summon a 3/2 and a possible 3/4 and a fucking 7/7 for a 4 drop.

Shit is clown shoes.

I like when I get rushed the fuck down by a 1 drop that spirals out of control, into a 3/4, into a flametongue, into a 7/7...barely recover and then find out I'm not even fighting the aggro deck.

They got paladin'd.

fertygo

Dog's stream is frigging hysterical right now, he queued into same dude that roping every turn and now he drawing random shit in MS Paint lmao

Just use the efficient AoE all balanced card games have to combat zoo strategies... oh wait.

If Ben Brode worked at a grocery store sacking I'm sure he would be the asshole who would put your bread on the bottom with heavy shit on the top with a smile on his face laughing.

Top Bottom