• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Opened Huhuran today. Not exactly what I was looking for, but can't complain I guess.

I'm like 1600 dust short of crafting everything I'm currently interested in though, have 5600.

Looking at:

Xaril
N'Zoth
Shadowcaster x2
Twilight Summoner x2
Sea Giant x2

Would need the other 1600 for a Gormok.

Would let me play Rogue, Warlock, and Paladin. Could also get Fandral if I wanted to do Druid. But I hesitate since I could open packs and get some of those. Could DE some of my Wild crap I guess if I wanted to scrounge.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Turns out Mid-Range Beast Druid is also (actually) an Aggro deck. Living roots, buffs, Druids of the, stealth and charge minions, ramp, card draw, reach. It's possible I'm playing it wrong but when I play it as a Turn 10 deck, I lose. When playing the exact same deck as an Aggro deck, Turn 7 win. I don't know how people are trying to play against it either.

I'm starting to think the deck is just really versitile and possess the ability to switch between Aggro and midrange depending on the matchup. And God help my opponent if they don't take care of Fandreal the same turn. Then it's just this disgusting Druid of the Saber, Living Roots, Power of the Wild, disgustingly savage beat down where I can get 12/10 worth of stats for 5 mana.

I actually haven't seen any prototypical ramp Druids in a long time. You'd think they'd be everywhere with the complete lack of hard removal going around these days.

ViviOggi

Is Shaman legitimately a top tier arena class now? All the new cards are great arena cards except primal fusion, and flamewreathed is a common that's even harder to deal with than in constructed.
It got a significant boost for sure, I wouldn't call it top tier though. Faceless by itself is even more disgusting in arena, yet even if you pick like three they'll be answered by the good classes more often than you'd think, and in arena the turn 4/5 overload actually hurts.

What I'm saying is that Faceless is so bullshit that it does win games, but it doesn't win a run. Consistency is what matters in arena and Shaman still get's zoo'd super ez without a common board clear and has rng baked into everything. Their overall drafting process is not nearly as clean as Mage or Rogue's, most of the time you're forced into a win more playstyle and have to rely on huge rng swing turns, things good arena players avoid and bad to average players embrace. Shaman is basically the new Paladin... except that in arena Paladin never left.

I should have bought packs. Playing thrown together decks from my limited selection of cards in constructed sucks. Time for the arena grind.

Raxus

It got a significant boost for sure, I wouldn't call it top tier though. Faceless by itself is even more disgusting in arena, yet even if you pick like three they'll be answered by the good classes more often than you'd think, and in arena the turn 4/5 overload actually hurts.

What I'm saying is that Faceless is so bullshit that it does win games, but it doesn't win a run. Consistency is what matters in arena and Shaman still get's zoo'd super ez without a common board clear and has rng baked into everything. Their overall drafting process is not nearly as clean as Mage or Rogue's, most of the time you're forced into a win more playstyle and have to rely on huge rng swing turns, things good arena players avoid and bad to average players embrace. Shaman is basically the new Paladin... except that in arena Paladin never left.
When it comes to arena Rogues and Paladins are still huge problems.

Shaman still need more 'arena only' cards to be a better option.

Priest desperately need the shaman treatment all around.

FeD.nL

Mire Keeper is quickly becoming my favorite card from this expansion. It's exactly what druid needed, provide 5/5 stats across two bodies to make it easier to contest a zoo'ish board or just ramp in the slower matchups. Really well designed card.

Pooya

I think if it was 2/4 plus a 2/2 it would fare better against zoo. Now it just dies to abusive plus a 1 attack minion. That's a problem.

Abusive should have been nerfed too, should be a 1/1. It's so stupid and will forever see play. there can't be many better 1 drops than that.

I think if it was 2/4 plus a 2/2 it would fare better against zoo. Now it just dies to abusive plus a 1 attack minion. That's a problem.

Abusive should have been nerfed too, should be a 1/1. It's so stupid and will forever see play. there can't be many better 1 drops than that.

Yeah, I don't know why dark iron dwarf gets worse than average 4 drop stats but abusive gets to stay 2/1. There's a lot of problematic 1 drops in general that force you to answer them immediately or lose horribly.

Ensirius

So I got this guy:

e7f29821819e3e164bcf566caa4b1014.png

Opinions?

SteveWD40

You put it in something like a Control Paladin.

Play Cairne/Sylvanas/Tirion. The enemy will deal with them somehow.

When they are dead, you play N'zoth and summon all of them at once.

This.

I was lucky as I got N'zoth in my pre-order decks and just happened to have the above 3 as well. Throw in some other death-rattle / sticky minions and you can go from an empty board to a wall of win at turn 10.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Crafted:

Golden versions of Cairne, N'zoth, Xaril and Thalnos,

RIP dust

zoukka

Man I've had terrible luck with arena. So many 3-win decks lately ;__;

Haven't gotten to pick mage or rogues so I've been hammering it with paladin. Seems worse after Old Gods for some reason.

KuroNeeko

Kind of looking to mix things up a bit and take a break from Priest. The Shades are fun and matchup against N'zoth Pally / Zoo isn't that bad, but maybe need a break. My main decks this season have been Dragon Priest, N'zoth Pally and N'zoth Priest.

Normally I would do Rogue or Shaman, but I don't like Miracle or the fast phatties of Shaman. I'm traditionally a control player but would like a class that has a bit more intiative I guess.

I crafted another Call of the Wild to try Beast Hunter, and am kind of interested in Mage, particularly grinder, dragon, and tempo variants. I've got about enough dust for one legendary. Should I just craft Antonidas? Or go for that fat Yogg-tempo? Are the Spell Blasts more important?

Or can you recommend another class? I used to play mech rogue and control-ish midrange shaman with dragons or Thunderbluff Totems.

Ladekabel

Kind of looking to mix things up a bit and take a break from Priest. The Shades are fun and matchup against N'zoth Pally / Zoo isn't that bad, but maybe need a break. My main decks this season have been Dragon Priest, N'zoth Pally and N'zoth Priest.

Normally I would do Rogue or Shaman, but I don't like Miracle or the fast phatties of Shaman. I'm traditionally a control player but would like a class that has a bit more intiative I guess.

I crafted another Call of the Wild to try Beast Hunter, and am kind of interested in Mage, particularly grinder, dragon, and tempo variants. I've got about enough dust for one legendary. Should I just craft Antonidas? Or go for that fat Yogg-tempo? Are the Spell Blasts more important?

Or can you recommend another class? I used to play mech rogue and control-ish midrange shaman with dragons or Thunderbluff Totems.

Priest is my favorite class but I had more fun in Standard with N'Zoth Rogue, Control Paladin or Control Warrior.

Loomba

I just played abusive x2 and power overwhelming x2 on a dark iron dwarf to hit for 16 exact lethal on an unwinnable game.

I feel fucking dirty.

Goes 1-3 in arena, got offered Warrior, Priest, and lock.. pick Warrior, pick low curve tempo for warrior was a mistake :(
I find they're best as midrange. You kind of deal with the low curve with your weapons so you have board and position to trade into a favorable midgame. But you can't take it late because the Warrior hero power is terrible.

Pooya

Arena is very hard right now, even kripp was struggling with a pretty decent paladin draft, he almost went 1-3 against ridiculous decks then crawled back to 6 wins. He said he's not enjoying arena much now, he plays constructed more. I'm not sure what's up, it's even more brutal now if you miss a 2 drop and whoever has a 1 drop is favored to win.

Even the improved rewards aren't worth it to me, it's just so infuriating to play arena.

edit: these stats by heartharena is interesting, there are a lot less spells now and it makes the game more snowbally.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston..._of_the_arena_where_have_all_the_spells_gone/

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Lot of hotfixes were put in place yesterday. Notably, they added death processing back to the spell text phase which means wild pyro now works as he should. You can also craft Captain's Parrot and Ole Murk Eye now.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13840764128?page=1#15

Also, this is how C'Thun's 10 attack condition works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSVvBFHsoLs

1. If C'Thun has received at least +4/+4 from his minions, he will always activate the condition.
2. If he hasn't received +4/+4 from his minions, then he will active the condition IF he has 10 attack in your hand or on the field.

embalm

Turns out Mid-Range Beast Druid is also (actually) an Aggro deck. Living roots, buffs, Druids of the, stealth and charge minions, ramp, card draw, reach. It's possible I'm playing it wrong but when I play it as a Turn 10 deck, I lose. When playing the exact same deck as an Aggro deck, Turn 7 win. I don't know how people are trying to play against it either.

I'm starting to think the deck is just really versitile and possess the ability to switch between Aggro and midrange depending on the matchup. And God help my opponent if they don't take care of Fandreal the same turn. Then it's just this disgusting Druid of the Saber, Living Roots, Power of the Wild, disgustingly savage beat down where I can get 12/10 worth of stats for 5 mana.

I actually haven't seen any prototypical ramp Druids in a long time. You'd think they'd be everywhere with the complete lack of hard removal going around these days.
This is what I'm seeing as well. Druid is kind of the only mid-range deck that can attempt to control an aggro deck, or turn aggressive to try and finish a game. The Choose One cards are really powerful in this regard.
If someone can figure out how to tweak the deck the beat one of the aggro decks consistently then the deck would be tier 1. Right now my win rate vs aggro is about 50%, probably a bit less.

Arena is very hard right now, even kripp was struggling with a pretty decent paladin draft, he almost went 1-3 against ridiculous decks then crawled back to 6 wins. He said he's not enjoying arena much now, he plays constructed more. I'm not sure what's up, it's even more brutal now if you miss a 2 drop and whoever has a 1 drop is favored to win.

Even the imrpoved buffed rewards aren't worth it to me, it's just so infuriating to play arena.
Maybe it's because TGT cards were more common before, and they're a bit underpowered compared to OG? Before, if you missed the curve it was easier to recover. Now, with stronger cards being more common, a missed curve is RIP?

Lot of hotfixes were put in place yesterday. Notably, they added death processing back to the spell text phase which means wild pyro now works as he should. You can also craft Captain's Parrot and Ole Murk Eye now.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/13840764128?page=1#15

Also, this is how C'Thun's 10 attack condition works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSVvBFHsoLs

1. If C'Thun has received at least +4/+4 from his minions, he will always activate the condition.
2. If he hasn't received +4/+4 from his minions, then he will active the condition IF he has 10 attack in your hand or on the field.
Isn't that how C'Thun worked before?

bjaelke

Even the improved rewards aren't worth it to me, it's just so infuriating to play arena.

edit: these stats by heartharena is interesting, there are a lot less spells now and it makes the game more snowbally.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston..._of_the_arena_where_have_all_the_spells_gone/

Yeah the draft heavily favours minions right now. Turned 0-2 to 3-2. Still not liking this.

Dahbomb

Arena has been starting to become more and more tempo driven for a long time now ever since GvG.

The reason for this is that they keep introducing way more minions than spells and this time around they had very little board clears or removals in Old Gods. So the comeback factor was far less which means opening draws and early curve dominates even more in Arena.

They just keep pumping out strong minions without strong spells to counter balance and this has affected both constructed and arena.

Yesterday when I was at 2-2 I faced a Paladin that went turn 2 Mech warper into turn 3 Harvest Golem + Shielded Minibot, then he had an activator for Blackwing Corruptor on turn 5 and went 3 drop into muster on turn 6. Then when I was about to Flamestrike to get myself back in the game he played 9/9 Draconid on turn 7.

at 2-2

Yesterday when I was at 2-2 I faced a Paladin that went turn 2 Mech warper into turn 3 Harvest Golem + Shielded Minibot, then he had an activator for Blackwing Corruptor on turn 5 and went 3 drop into muster on turn 6. Then when I was about to Flamestrike to get myself back in the game he played 9/9 Draconid on turn 7.

at 2-2

I started playing Arena again after OG released, and so far my average run is 4/3-3 with the occassional 8-11 wins run. The worst run I had, I bombed out at 1-3 against 3 of the most disgusting decks I've ever seen. I had what I thought was a pretty decent Paladin draft. The first game I played against a Paladin that perfectly curved out all the way through turn 10. I finally managed to recover on my turn 9, took board control with him just short of lethal. All I needed to avoid was him top decking 2 damage and I should be able to keep the board the rest of the game. He top dicks a fucking Deathwing. The third loss came against a Warlock that played turn 3 Councilman into turn 4 Imp-losion that cleared my 3 drop and buffed the Councilman into turn 5 Councilman + 2 drop. I just conceded right there. At least I got an Anomalous from the pack.

embalm

Maybe it's because TGT cards were more common before, and they're a bit underpowered compared to OG? Before, if you missed the curve it was easier to recover. Now, with stronger cards being more common, a missed curve is RIP?
The main reason is because the player pool is much smaller. Whenever a new expansion comes out Arena almost always gets harder. The people that regularly play are the ones who have always played and are in general better than the average player.

I usually play a lot of Arena, but I've only gone in twice since the new expansion. There are too many new decks to try out and too many good times to be had with Standard.

Once ladder gets a little boring and the meta completely stabilizes in a month or so, Arena will fall back to it's normal difficulty, because scrubs like me will be back.

HAH, I managed to Thoughtsteal a Forbidden Healing from a paladin, then later in that game killed him with a Embrace the Shadow --> surprise 14 damage to face :D.

I'm at rank 15, been on a win streak since rank 18. This deck I have seems fun, but I feel like it's still a bit unoptimized. Can you give tips on how to make this deck worthy of carrying me to R5 or so?

http://i.imgur.com/91gPxYs.png

My goal is to make a deathrattle/shadow priest hybrid.

I discarded Nortshire Clerics because I already have enough card draw/steal without them, and I also got rid of Circle of Healings because they felt like dead cards. Excavated Evil + Holy Nova x2 + Shadow Madness are board clears enough (?), so CoH:s felt pointless.

But like I said, I'm at R15 and highest I ever got was R6, so it might be completely different on higher ranks. Any tips on how to make this deck better?

HAH, I managed to Thoughtsteal a Forbidden Healing from a paladin, then later in that game used Embrace the Shadow to do a surprise 14 damage to face on turn 9 :D

I'm at rank 15, been on a win streak since rank 18. This deck I have seems fun, but I feel like it's still a bit unoptimized. Can you give tips on how to make this deck worthy of carrying me to R5 or so?

http://i.imgur.com/91gPxYs.png

My goal is to make a deathrattle/shadow priest hybrid.

I discarded Nortshire Clerics because I already have enough card draw/steal without them, and I also got rid of Circle of Healings because they felt like dead cards. Excavated Evil + Holy Nova x2 + Shadow Madness are board clears enough (?), so CoH:s felt pointless.

But like I said, I'm at R15 and highest I ever got was R6, so it might be completely different on higher ranks. Any tips on how to make this deck better?
Just some thoughts:
1) Why have two Auchenai Priests without the Circle of Healings? Those plus Embrace the Shadow feels like overkill.
2) Have you considered Corrupted Healbots? They seem like a good fit for your deck. Deathrattles + burst damage with Embrace the Shadow or Auchenai.
3) I think Shadow Madness is a weak card in this meta. Your biggest targets you want to kill often have too much health to die from a trade. For example, Trogg + Spirit Wolves. You can't kill Trogg, and that's what you really want to kill.
4) I would get rid of Trueheart unless she's really pulling through for you. It doesn't fit with this deck.
5) Most people don't run Mass Dispel. How do you like it?

Just some thoughts:
1) Why have two Auchenai Priests without the Circle of Healings? Those plus Embrace the Shadow feels like overkill.
2) Have you considered Corrupted Healbots? They seem like a good fit for your deck. Deathrattles + burst damage with Embrace the Shadow or Auchenai.
3) I think Shadow Madness is a weak card in this meta. Your biggest targets you want to kill often have too much health to die from a trade. For example, Trogg + Spirit Wolves. You can't kill Trogg, and that's what you really want to kill.
4) I would get rid of Trueheart unless she's really pulling through for you. It doesn't fit with this deck.
5) Most people don't run Mass Dispel. How do you like it?

1) I felt like Circle of Healings were dead cards since I'm not playing aggro matchups that much (yet). Would be nice to fit one or two, but I'm not sure what to discard in favor of them.
2) Shadow Madness --> Corrupted Healbot? Mass Dispel is another candidate to be replaced by a Corrupted Healbot. Or perhaps Trueheart.
3) I had trouble filling that slot, so I included the card. Can be replaced I guess.
4) It's been a nice addition, but I don't think Trueheart has been the difference between life and death. What to replace with.. hmm. second Entomb? Second Corrupted Healbot?
5) I included it because of all the divine shields and deathrattles I see, especially in rogue and druid decks but I haven't got a chance to really make it shine yet. In last several games, I only had one situation where it helped me: it neutralized a Brann + divine shield from C'Thun's Chosen. So I'm questioning whether it's useful or not for me.

1) I felt like Circle of Healings were dead cards since I'm not playing aggro matchups that much (yet). Would be nice to fit one or two, but I'm not sure what to discard in favor of them.
2) Shadow Madness --> Corrupted Healbot? Mass Dispel is another candidate to be replaced by a Corrupted Healbot. Or perhaps Trueheart.
3) I had trouble filling that slot, so I included the card. Can be replaced I guess.
4) It's been a nice addition, but I don't think Trueheart has been the difference between life and death. What to replace with.. hmm. Entomb? Second Corrupted Healbot?
5) I included it because of all the divine shields and deathrattles I see, especially in rogue and druid decks but I haven't got a chance to really make it shine yet. In last several games, I only had one situation where it helped me: it neutralized a Brann + divine shield from C'Thun's Chosen. So I'm questioning whether it's useful or not for me.
1) The way I'm looking at it is that Auchenai Soulpriest + Circle of Healing is a 2-part combo that pretty much wipes the board at most stages of the game, and you have half of it any way. It's up to you, though. I'm just reflecting on your deck with you. :)

2) Give it a shot!

3) Cool.

4) A second Entomb is a great idea. Especially if you're Entombing Deathrattles like Sylvannas do you can get double beef with N'Zoth.

5) Mass Dispel won't prevent the Deathrattles from resurrecting with N'Zoth, and I think 4 mana is a bit much to remove Divine Shields or Deathrattles.

It's too bad Forbidden Shaping doesn't give you a Deathrattle minion of its cost.

Top Bottom