• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Pooya

game is very balanced.

1QMHFMc.jpg

Dahbomb

game is very balanced.

1QMHFMc.jpg
Wanna translate what those numbers correspond to?

It seems like the yellow number might be win percentage and the numbers in black are percentage played (as in popularity) but it needs more context.

At a glance it appears that Shaman and Warlock are ahead of everyone and Priest at the end.

Shaman win percentage decreasing boys.. they are being figured out!

(Not really because there's nothing to figure out about Shaman)

fuzzyset

So much for the Blade Flurry nerf "killing" Rogue.

edit: also, that chart is like an undergrad probability exam question testing your knowledge of conditional and joint probability. *shudders*

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I find it hilarious that there are so many people playing Priest in China. Is that where all the Priest players are? Cause I'm pretty sure they aren't in NA.

Dahbomb

I find it hilarious that there are so many people playing Priest in China. Is that where all the Priest players are? Cause I'm pretty sure they aren't in NA.
Does it matter if it's kinda popular there? Their win percentage is still the lowest among all the classes like it is in NA.

Also we do thave full context of these stats. Is this across the entire ladder? If so Priests are always popular in lower ranks because they scrub out other decks with those Inner Fire shenanigans. That still exists in NA in the late teens of ranks, always has

Belcher gone is more significant buff for Rogue than nerf to flurry does

I want to puke looking "miracle" sequence

What? No. Dealing with belcher was pretty simple as rogue since you have eviscerate, deadly poison, and si7 agent. This all before shadowstrike.

Blade flurry gave rogue a way to get back into the game after falling behind against flood decks like zoolock or decks that just hit the board first. There is no bigger change than blade flurry for rogue, even dr. boom.

Werd

When 20-6 climbing with a Reno C'Thun lock (decklist from Thijs stream) the past few days, seems really strong in the current meta. Rarely getting rushed down before I can draw/play Reno, and without as much burst am able to pull off Jaraxxus a lot vs control.

Or maybe it was just the unsettled ladder.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
5 damage on turn 8 = 14 damage on turn 9?

5 damage on Turn 8 plus a threat of 14 damage on Turn 9. A threat of 14 damage that also doesn't have many clean answers. And thats on an empty board. Considering you are playing both Infested Wolf and Savanah Highmane you often have two or more bodies on the board so you are pushing even more damage. It is a very, very reliable clock. Call of the Wild is the fastest I have ever seen people concede to a single card.

Dahbomb

This is how Call of the Wild works.

1) Card comes out, game ends on the spot because of the damage.

2) Card comes out, lots of damage to face with a new board. If the opponent can't deal with it on the spot it's auto concede.

3) If the card comes out, they survive and they answer it then the Hunter gets another chance to finish game because the opponent probably spent their entire turn dealing with it.

It's not like the Druid combo but it's an insane standalone card that punishes for letting Hunter have any board going into turn 8. If you take too much damage or lose board control against Hunter then Call of the Wild will end game on the spot.

It's one of these cards that also punishes control decks. Leave it to Blizzard to print over powered spells that just spawn more minions (*cough* Forbidden Ritual *cough* Blood of Ichor) instead of spells to deal with minions.

Is it true that they added the "Wow" emote because people were complaining about "Sorry" being used sarcastically? Because if so that's that's an hilarious fuck you to those people.

In Arena:

Turn 4: Flamewreathed Faceless
Turn 5: Coin + Flamewreathed Faceless
Turn 6: Flamewreathed Faceless

Fuck off

"That's incredible!"

Is it true that they added the "Wow" emote because people were complaining about "Sorry" being used sarcastically? Because if so that's that's an hilarious fuck you to those people.

"That's incredible!"
Wow is so much better at BM than Sorry was. I actually miss using Sorry sincerely though, for when I forget to end my turn or something.

Apathy

btw, got renounce darkness in this brawl, used it, and it does NOTHING (ok not nothing it changes your hero power but not change the cards), why are webspinners just changed to cards, they are class cards

why the fuck would you include this fucking card in a brawl if it does nothing

btw, got renounce darkness in this brawl, used it, and it does NOTHING (ok not nothing it changes your hero power but not change the cards)

It just doesn't change the spiders.

btw, got renounce darkness in this brawl, used it, and it does NOTHING (ok not nothing it changes your hero power but not change the cards)

Wouldn't it still change your class card spells and decrease their cost, not to mention changing your hero ability? Or does it actually have no effect at all?

Wow is so much better at BM than Sorry was. I actually miss using Sorry sincerely though, for when I forget to end my turn or something.

Right? Sorry was the one emote I actually used.

btw, got renounce darkness in this brawl, used it, and it does NOTHING (ok not nothing it changes your hero power but not change the cards), why are webspinners just changed to cards, they are class cards

I think I can do one better. I'm playing Paladin and got Anyfin Can Happen.

What's the best way to combat control paladin? They have so many board clear options and ways to hit your big guys with a nerf bat. I thought I was clever by evolving the minions that got reduced to 1 attack but then the very next turn wild pyromancer and equality is played. Seriously they have 3 ways to completely wipe your board and at times can do it 3 times in one game.

Guessing mages are tough against them as they barely play minions? I have Yogg so I might as well create a fun and wacky Mage deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

"That's incredible!"

If anything they saw "hello" being used as BM and they wanted to have a dedicated BM emote.

I miss the sorry one as well. There are those random moments where someone knocks on the door or I go to do something thinking I hit end turn but didn't and am legitimately sorry, but have no way of emoting it.

Speaking of which, I am glad I have never run into people milking the timer. I would have expected people to sit on the clock to aggrevate opponents in hopes of drawing a concede

Dahbomb

What's the best way to combat control paladin? They have so many board clear options and ways to hit your big guys with a nerf bat. I thought I was clever by evolving the minions that got reduced to 1 attack but then the very next turn wild pyromancer and equality is played. Seriously they have 3 ways to completely wipe your board and at times can do it 3 times in one game.

Guessing mages are tough against them as they barely play minions? I have Yogg so I might as well create a fun and wacky Mage deck.
You are playing Shaman right?

You want to save your two Hexes for Sylvanas and Tirion.

You want a copy of Bloodust in there. Just keep pressuring and eventually there will be a turn or two where the Paladin isn't going to be able to clear your totems/minions and that's when you hit them with the Bloodlust for 20+ damage.

You have to mainly worry about the two Equalities, once they use both of those then that's when you put the maximum pressure on.

If I'm not mistaken, Renounce Darkness specifically says that it changes your Warlock cards. So any Warlock cards that you had in the deck should've changed, but the Webspinners wouldn't change.

Apathy

I'm sorry, whoever does brawls needs to stop, this is bullshit beyond bullshit. I will come up with 100 better brawls than this garbage for free and give them to blizzard cause whoever does the brawls are the laziest people on the planet. These are not fun, in the slightest.

Apathy

I am about to destroy my fucking monitor, this is beyond stupid.

fuck RNG, I had a game won but nope, out of rng spider the thing they perfectly needed. 4 games back to back the same bullshit. What do I get to work with, oh river crocs and raptors,fuck this game

I'm going back to overwatch, at lest there skill maters for something

Cipherr

RNG brawl where you have no real control over ... well anything. The dice rolls decide the entirety of the game. You may as well just be a fucking spectator.

Top Bottom