• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

Only one more season of this awful meta. Finally hitting the home stretch.
That's one too many.

I honestly feel my soul being sucked every time I play to rank 5 with Secret Paladin.

The process takes 2-3 hours at the most, I did it almost entirely yesterday at night after work. And I do it with Secret Paladin so I can give Blizzard more stats about Secret Paladin's win percentages because that's how you actually influence balance changes.

But man this deck is BS beyond all hope. I only really struggled against Hunters because they managed to have Unleash combo every single time.

I'm excited for the fake cards getting revealed tomorrow and one real card that nobody will notice is real.

Just kidding, everyone knows the real card will be the boring uninspired one.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah I was quite sure that March would be the last season of this trash meta but here we are. Smash cut to a month from now we'll probably be saying the same shit again knowing Blizzard.

Dahbomb

Yeah I was quite sure that March would be the last season of this trash meta but here we are. Smash cut to a month from now we'll probably be saying the same shit again knowing Blizzard.
All I faced were Zoolocks (in the meta to "counter" Secret Paladin and Druids), Druids (100% win rate against them), Tempo Mage (another supposed counter to those two), one Control Priest (I lost against it), Aggro Shaman, two Freeze Mages and Hunters. And of course other Secret Liadrins (to bring home the scumbaggery).

These are all the decks that on paper do the best against Secret Paladin (minus Druid because that deck is still BS too) and I still breezed. The meta has attempted to adapt to this deck as much as possible and it's still easy to climb with it.

Got a legendary in my Brawl pack, Ysera... which I already own. So that's more dust to add to the collection that I'm not using until Standard hits. Sitting on 3000 gold, too. I feel rich.

The process takes 2-3 hours at the most, I did it almost entirely yesterday at night after work. And I do it with Secret Paladin so I can give Blizzard more stats about Secret Paladin's win percentages because that's how you actually influence balance changes.

But man this deck is BS beyond all hope. I only really struggled against Hunters because they managed to have Unleash combo every single time.

I actually still manage to lose with Secret Paladin. I'm not sure if my version of it is shittier than average, but my win percentage is not that great.

Dahbomb

Got a legendary in my Brawl pack, Ysera... which I already own. So that's more dust to add to the collection that I'm not using until Standard hits. Sitting on 3000 gold, too. I feel rich.

I actually still manage to lose with Secret Paladin. I'm not sure if my version of it is shittier than average, but my win percentage is not that great.
I use the one with Nerubian Egg, double Uldamans. Uldaman is a broken card IMO and Eggs/Creepers maintain your board. I also cut one Repentence because it wasn't doing anything. Also put in one Consecrate. I also use double Secret Keepers for the snowball potential.

I use the one with Nerubian Egg, double Uldamans. Uldaman is a broken card IMO and Eggs/Creepers maintain your board. I also cut one Repentence because it wasn't doing anything. Also put in one Consecrate. I also use double Secret Keepers for the snowball potential.
Uldaman really is a crazy card. Nothing makes me more sad than when I drop a Kraken in Arena to get Uldaman'd in return.

I am glad more people don't use Eggs with Secret Paladin, because the egg variant is by far the hardest I've fought.

Ah, I've been using a regular "egg-less" version and I get the feeling some players seem to have gotten used to how to play around it.

Might dust of the ol' Secret Pally deck and throw a couple of eggs in, I've never tried to go above rank 15 before so I may as well try now before they gimp the deck with Standard.

EDIT: Played 2, won 2. Legend here we come! Nothing stops this train! Woo Wooooo! etc. etc.

Pooya

Blizzard should review Earth Elemental and nerf this oppressive card to the ground. With BGH gone, everyone is going to play two of these in their face shaman decks and that will create a strategy that is neither fun or interactive.

please nerf. ;_;

1459468419-w.jpg

at least it's better than the stuff I usually get. I get a golden repentance every month lol.

Ketch

I modified my brawl deck to make a pretty fun jousting Druid deck.

KT Chromagnus = 4x iron barks.

How are people getting their rewards already?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That's one too many.

I honestly feel my soul being sucked every time I play to rank 5 with Secret Paladin.

Yeah, I played it to get from rank 8 to rank 5. Deck went 15-6, which is pretty insane for that ranking IMO.

Sometimes I hate this game and then other times my opponent spams emotes only to miss lethal by 1 and I fall in love with it all over again.

Sometimes I hate this game and then other times my opponent spams emotes only to miss lethal by 1 and I fall in love with it all over again.

The only thing I really dislike about this game is how random draws can be. When I mulligan and get 3 weapons on my Hunter, I just want to scream.

Maximo

Y'Shaarj is boring it should let you see the next 2 MAYBE 3 minions in your deck pick one to summon then shuffle the rest.

Given that Y'shaarj's whole deal is influencing minions and what not I feel like it should've done something like take an enemy minion every turn. I have no idea how this would be balanced but it would be fun.

I'm playing this standard only oil free rogue and I wanted to make it a little interesting so I decided to try recording a couple games. Would anyone be interested if I uploaded some of them?

There is no commentary or anything. I did enable the music/sound effects so it's not completely silent though.

biaxident

I don't have any MC's but finally got around to crafting 2 force of natures (been playing since beta and never got one lol and was too lazy to craft) and its just pure hilarity. This combo just wins from no where, 14 isn't just the magic number, I normally flood the board as much as I can right before making it obvious what my plan is and 90% of the time that works lol. Curious what the nerf will be.

I'm playing this standard only oil free rogue and I wanted to make it a little interesting so I decided to try recording a couple games. Would anyone be interested if I uploaded some of them?

There is no commentary or anything. I did enable the music/sound effects so it's not completely silent though.

I think I will upload a single match and see how it turns out.

I don't have any MC's but finally got around to crafting 2 force of natures (been playing since beta and never got one lol and was too lazy to craft) and its just pure hilarity. This combo just wins from no where, 14 isn't just the magic number, I normally flood the board as much as I can right before making it obvious what my plan is and 90% of the time that works lol. Curious what the nerf will be.

My guess is that FON is not nerfed. It's savage roar that will be nerfed. I think there is more room to nerf savage roar and keep it still playable, while nerfing FON will likely just kill the card.

Plus blizzard doesn't refund any dust when savage roar is nerfed.

Apathy

I think I will upload a single match and see how it turns out.

My guess is that FON is not nerfed. It's savage roar that will be nerfed. I think there is more room to nerf savage roar and keep it still playable, while nerfing FON will likely just kill the card.

Plus blizzard doesn't refund any dust when savage roar is nerfed.

We can only hope both get hit in traditional blizzard style of hamfisting nerfs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Given that Y'shaarj's whole deal is influencing minions and what not I feel like it should've done something like take an enemy minion every turn. I have no idea how this would be balanced but it would be fun.

Now that would be a cooler card. Do the Mind Games Ability at the end of each turn.

I guess I should draft Paladin more often. Every time I do, dumb stuff happens.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_03_31_16_20_07_56.png

What about your 2 - 4 drops? Even with amazing late game, if your early game sucks you won't go more then like 5 wins.

Sheroking

What about your 2 - 4 drops? Even with amazing late game, if your early game sucks you won't go more then like 5 wins.

It's not an amazing deck but it will do better than 5 wins.

Minibot, some basic 2/3's, some mech synergy, Truesilver and Argent Lance.

Dahbomb

Arena really shows how imbalanced the hero powers are. Warrior hero power is garbage compared to Paladin.
Rogue has best hero power and contributes to the class being so strong.

That said Paladins hero power is brutal against classes without pings.

Warror hero power is easily the worst though.

Arena really shows how imbalanced the hero powers are. Warrior hero power is garbage compared to Paladin.

It depends on the meta. However, since warrior's hero power's advantage is often tied to synergistic cards, it's worse overall just on the random packs alone. But in constructed, warrior's hero power lets them build and use decks that other classes can only imitate weakly.

And while rogue is arguably the strongest hero power in arena, it lacks a certain scale-ability that other classes have in constructed. It peaks early and doesn't support a late game strategy.

Also, comparing warrior to paladin directly is more of an example of how hero powers' strength is often dependent upon the opponent. Paladin hero power is strong vs warriors, but weak vs rogues. Hunter hero power is strong vs rogue but weak vs warrior.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Blizard will ever try alternative hero powers in a future expansion. I know the WoW Collectible Card Game had "Hero" cards similar to hearthstone's heroes. At the very least, its an option for the future, plus they could be collectible in their own right so you can just rotate them out after 2 years.

Another thought, I wonder if Blizard will ever ban a card from standard that is in a set that should still be legal.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I wonder if Blizard will ever try alternative hero powers in a future expansion. I know the WoW Collectible Card Game had "Hero" cards similar to hearthstone's heroes. At the very least, its an option for the future, plus they could be collectible in their own right so you can just rotate them out after 2 years.

Another thought, I wonder if Blizard will ever ban a card from standard that is in a set that should still be legal.

Considering there's already a precedent for cards changing or entirely replacing your hero power, I'd expect any further stuff along those lines to be linked to cards. I would like to see more though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Considering there's already a precedent for cards changing or entirely replacing your hero power, I'd expect any further stuff along those lines to be linked to cards. I would like to see more though.

I would really like to see the idea of letting you start with an entirely different power explored. They can also play with the idea of having effects with increased mana costs.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I know I'm almost certainly setting myself up for disappointment, but it still seems odds to me that they've blown through 3 Old God cards so quickly. Considering their schedule so far, could we perhaps see the final Old God next week, balance changes the week after, and release the next week?

It depends on the meta. However, since warrior's hero power's advantage is often tied to synergistic cards, it's worse overall just on the random packs alone. But in constructed, warrior's hero power lets them build and use decks that other classes can only imitate weakly.

And while rogue is arguably the strongest hero power in arena, it lacks a certain scale-ability that other classes have in constructed. It peaks early and doesn't support a late game strategy.

Also, comparing warrior to paladin directly is more of an example of how hero powers' strength is often dependent upon the opponent. Paladin hero power is strong vs warriors, but weak vs rogues. Hunter hero power is strong vs rogue but weak vs warrior.
The skills aren't even, though. Hunter is weak to Priest and Warrior. What is Mage weak to? Paladin is weak to Rogue, but Warrior is only strong vs. Hunter.

I just got Ysera from a pack. :-O

That makes me 3 for 3 on good legendaries from Classic.

Too bad I don't have more dragons to put her in a deck...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Firebat should be showing his card in about 30 minutes. Any last guesses for what it is?

I'm thinking its going to be be a Murloc card that gives spell damage, and be given to Warlock.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I just got Ysera from a pack. :-O

That makes me 3 for 3 on good legendaries from Classic.

Too bad I don't have more dragons to put her in a deck...

Ysera is independently good in several deck archetypes and does not require a dragon deck.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hmm, I've only ever seen her in Control Warrior and Dragon Priest. What else is she good in?

I mean, if you're new enough that you don't have many top-tier legendaries, a card as good as Ysera would probably be an improvement over one card or other in almost any deck you run.

The established deck archetypes are created assuming the player has every card to choose from. Consider those the idealized forms of each deck type. When you're new and have no hope of putting together most actual top tier deck lists, taking a basic deck and adding damn near any legendary to it will objectively make your deck better. Obviously there are exceptions.

Don't look at a netdeck list and say, "Ah, no Ysera in this one." Just because most Mage decks don't run Ysera, does not in any way mean Ysera is bad in a Mage deck. Unless you have Antonidas/Alex/Boom in there already, putting Ysera in will make your deck better.

Apathy

Vilefin Inquisitor
Paladin Epic

1 mana 1/3

Your hero power becomes summon a 1/1 murloc

That would fuck up anyfin

Oh nvm, i thought that was an april fools/made up card

yeah, why would anyone play that in anyfin?

Trying to rank. I hope to god that paladins get nerfed not even to the ground, but to like 6 feet underground.

Top Bottom