• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

I'd recommend running it in any Auchenai deck, it's a great tool for a lot of Priest's bad match ups. It can push you out of lethal while still leaving mana for removal and it can burst down a Warlock in Jaraxxus mode or before they Reno.

If I were running an achenai deck I would, obviously, in an elise deck that I was playing at the time or a dragon priest deck I use from time to time it does not fit.

Tarazet

Sometimes I hate this game and then other times my opponent spams emotes only to miss lethal by 1 and I fall in love with it all over again.

I played a game earlier where I had 30 health, 40 armor, and got a Priest down to 1. He still beat me after driving me into fatigue, following a series of shitty topdecks.

jgminto

If I were running an achenai deck I would, obviously, in an elise deck that I was playing at the time or a dragon priest deck I use from time to time it does not fit.
Don't Elise decks usually run Auchenai? My list does. I know Dragon Priest doesn't but obviously any deck that focuses on controlling the board with minions is going to have a rough time.

Tarazet

I'm with you about midrange shaman. I played a lot of shaman during the naxx days.

Also don't forget forked lightning too. I don't see elemental destruction being a cornerstone of the deck, but lava burst definitely. Maybe forked lightning... maybe. Hopefully they add only 1 more spell with damage on it, and minion only because I don't think we want burn shaman getting more face damage.

Elemental Destruction is great to fish out of Jeweled Scarab. It is kind of rough to actually put in your deck because it isn't effective in every matchup. And you have a chance to get Lava Burst, Lightning Storm or Unbound Elemental instead so Scarab has a lot of flexibility, but it is a little slow for aggro lists.

Rank 4. Could be worse I suppose.

hearthstonescreenshot54lbv.png

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
First time since the ranked awards started that I didn't get to atleast 5, but I got golden minibot and golden druid of the claw which is one hell of a common pair.

Golden sea reaver... prepping me for patron warrior post death's bite.

I can't wait for death's bite to cycle out btw. I'll actually be able to count on 5 health midrange minions being worth a damn against control warrior.

Pooya

The card back probably means the expansion comes this month. I believe in late April. If it's April 20 something, we would see the nerfs in two weeks time. Not too long now.

Golden sea reaver... prepping me for patron warrior post death's bite.

I can't wait for death's bite to cycle out btw. I'll actually be able to count on 5 health midrange minions being worth a damn against control warrior.

Sea Reaver for me as well. Giants need to be nerfed so hard. Oh you flooded the board. here is a free 8/8

Kettch

Oh cool, my golden epic was actually good for once. Sea Giant.

Glad I managed to finish getting golden paladin, the class looks to be going back to junk tier with standard. These new cards aren't anywhere close to replacing the vital Mini-bot and Muster.

georly

Here's a picture:
1hQ9OV2.png

Thats actually a really interesting card. I'm not sure if it would be good, but thats one thing to try and create a deck around. Definitely encourages the old style of Murloc Paladin that flooded the board.

I always wanted this card (or one like shadowform) but for a 1/1 pirate. Ship's canon interaction, mainly.

Pachimari

You need to make a few swaps.

Nightblade > flamestrike
Snapjaw > Yeti
Raid leader > Water elemental
Murloc raider > swamp ooze
Arcane Explosion > frostbolt

Those should all be free.

When you get a couple hundred dust:

arcane missiles > Sorceror's apprentice
Bloodfen Raptor > mana wyrm

Yeah, this is probably better than what i'm suggesting. If you play well and play enough, you can probably get to below rank 15 with that, maybe rank 10 if you're persistent.

Night blade may seem fun, but it's not good. :/ It costs 1 more mana than yeti and has 1 less health. If your yeti attacks face because it survived, it's already better than nightblade.

Replace Raptor with Acidic Swamp Ooze, Snapjaw with Water Elemental, River Croc with Frostbolt, Night Blade with Chillwind Yeti, Murloc Raider with Kobold Geomancer, and Raid Leader with Iron Fur Grizzly. That should significantly improve the deck. It's probably a good idea to find room for at least 1 Flamestrike. Maybe drop a Novice Engineer for it.

You should have Flamestrike, Frostbolt and Water Elemental to put in that deck by now.

Nightblade is terribad. Dealing 3 damage to the face at the cost of about 3 worthwhile stats is pointless.
Thanks for all of this guys! I'm gonna take a look at my deck very soon. This thread moves super fast.

Pooya

Q'd with my legend druid again in the new season. Zoo, face hunter, face hunter, face shaman, secret paly etc. They get absolutely destroyed. lol, that deck is really good right now. I have no trouble beating priest, warrior or mirror either, even against patron it's not bad, yeah tempo mage is going to be pretty bad but I haven't seen one in a while, it's a bad deck to play right now with zoo and face all over the ladder. I'm thinking of cutting roots too and just play yeti but roots are really good too.

Everyone is scared of combo, I rarely even win combo with this deck. Even when you have one combo. after using pieces, your opponents think you always have another combo, it's hilarious. I'm wondering if I cut combo entirely and play boulderfist ogre instead what it will be like.

georly

And Gold = Rare?

Gold = cosmetic improvement. You can either pay DOUBLE dust to craft a gold version of a card or you can get really lucky and find one in a pack. You also get them as a reward for getting rank 20 or higher each month. (more gold cards the higher in rank you get).
Think of them as 'foil' versions.

Rare is a term used for the cards w/ blue gems.

White = Common
Blue = Rare
Purple = Epic
Gold/Orange = Legendary

Here's info on crafting: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Crafting

Rarity / Crafting / Disenchanting
Cost / Golden / Reward / Golden
Common (White) 40 / 400 / 5 / 50
Rare (Blue) 100 / 800 / 20 / 100
Epic (Purple) 400 / 1600 / 100 / 400
Legendary (Orange) 1600 / 3200 / 400 / 1600

That's the rarity of getting a card in your pack, with each one higher up being rarer than the last (and costing more to craft).

Pachimari

Oh wow. I played someone at rank 4 (same name) thinking it was you and added him afterwards. Didn't understand why you were asking these novice questions now!

dnRLPaH.png

Hahaha, that's funny actually.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure there's more than one Real Madrid fan out there. Though, my name isn't Madridista on Battle.net.

Ladekabel

Five games against Zoo. Five times the opponents opens with Flame Imp Coin Voidwalker in turn one and the same in turn 2. Meanwhile my curve starts at 5 and I start drawing the cards I needed 4 turns later.

Edit.: And I just lost against a Paladin who drops Rag. Three possible targets and the fireball goes straight to the face for exact lethal. Fucking hell.

Pachimari

You need to make a few swaps.

Nightblade > flamestrike
Snapjaw > Yeti
Raid leader > Water elemental
Murloc raider > swamp ooze
Arcane Explosion > frostbolt

Those should all be free.

When you get a couple hundred dust:

arcane missiles > Sorceror's apprentice
Bloodfen Raptor > mana wyrm

Yeah, this is probably better than what i'm suggesting. If you play well and play enough, you can probably get to below rank 15 with that, maybe rank 10 if you're persistent.

Night blade may seem fun, but it's not good. :/ It costs 1 more mana than yeti and has 1 less health. If your yeti attacks face because it survived, it's already better than nightblade.

This is my Mage deck now:

7j5XdJc.jpg

Oh, so this deck is an even better suggestion?:

here play this, you should see much better results.

1459352662-1.jpg

Blizzard and its deck, facepalm. I forgot how bad those are, like they didn't even try to help starters.

georly

This is my Mage deck now:

7j5XdJc.jpg

Oh, so this deck is an even better suggestion?:

Try both, you might have better luck with the one you quoted though. Mine was spitballing off the top of my head without looking at the big picture. Either way, huge huge improvement over what you were running before.

Also, make sure you only use arcane missiles when it has a really really high chance of killing off a minion (or giving you lethal). Basically, all your damage spells should be used for efficient removal or setting up (or actually achieving) lethal. Only use them inefficiently (like fireball on a minion w/ <4 health) when you think you'll lose the game if you don't.

Edit: Yeah, shattered sun cleric over engineer. 1/1 minions will do you no good. If you can swap out wolf riders for crocs or raptors, that's good, too.

If you practice and do well, this deck should get you at least to rank 15, maybe even 10 or better if you're persistent and learn to play it well, I think.

Pooya

you have mana wyrms that's good (apprentice too!), if you have two play them over crocolisk. Don't play novice engineer it's bad for a deck like this. You don't need wolfrider either, you're not a face deck and you have spells for removal.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Golden Elemental Destruction? Eh?

Maybe it'll be good if Hallazeal works out.

Dahbomb

I got golden Spellbender...

"Spellbender limited design space and we couldn't print better buff cards. It was essential to our time that we tweak Spellbender so that we could make exciting new buff cards for more classes!"

Top Bottom