• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

bigkrev

Finally lost with Leper/Warper to Ice Block/Fireball. Had the draw that only did 28 damage on Turn 3, and they played Ice Block for 9 straight turns while Hero powering and Fireballing me to death :(

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Naturalize + Coldlight can't deal with minion spamming sadly, it hard counters Innervate shenanigans though.

Edit: Oh god the mirror match is too dumb

I really think there is pretty much only few different "broken" combos with the Druid Mill being one, Fireball + Ice Block is another. The only counterplay to the broken ones involve Loatheb. Most of the combos result in really fast games either way so at least you are done quick and can try again.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
why not innervate coldlight that straight up combos

Innvervate + Coldlight is straight up worse than Coldlight + Naturalize in all ways.

Naturalize is 1 mana so you always have a play, even on turn 1.

It will prevent big enemy minions from killing you, thus stopping Innervate + Boom or whatever.

Your opponent ALWAYS draws from Naturalize, even when you kill your own coldlights. So it will also beat Iceblock and the like.

I'm not sure how the Mirror match works, but I'd guess whoever plays a minion first loses?

Finalow

this brawl, uh.

when I saw 'Mechwarper + Metaltooth / Gorillabot' I thought ''ok, that's probably the most broken combo you could get'', but I'd say 'Iceblock + Forgotten Torch / Fireball' is even worse. can't beat that shit unless you somehow get 30 damage before turn 3 or the mage is unlucky enough to don't draw enough Iceblocks.

why not innervate coldlight that straight up combos

You'd be drawing as much as your opponent, the goal is to get them to fatigue faster while not allowing them to create an offense by destroying all of their minions.

I also had some success with Upgrade + Heroic Strike but it can suck if you only draw Heroic in the beginning. I beat an Ice Block Mage with it by constantly popping their block every single turn until they ran out, if they run Forgotten Torch they essentially only do 1 damage a turn because of your armor up.

Ken

this brawl, uh.

when I saw 'Mechwarper + Metaltooth / Gorillabot' I thought ''ok, that's probably the most broken combo you could get'', but I'd say 'Iceblock + Forgotten Torch / Fireball' is even worse. can't beat that shit unless you somehow get 30 damage before turn 3 or the mage is unlucky enough to don't draw enough Iceblocks.

lol not mulliganing for 3/4 iceblocks

Your opponent ALWAYS draws from Naturalize, even when you kill your own coldlights. So it will also beat Iceblock and the like.

i played a naturalize/CO as iceblock/fireball and they didn't have enough damage to kill me with fatigue. I had like 25hp by the time I started drawing fatigue. I guess the tricky thing will be to not losing too many fireballs to overdraw

I just stumbled on this Brawl, and stumbled into picking Druid + Innervate + Wisps of the Old Gods...

9KaEiOrl.jpg

People are quitting after I +2/+2 a full board of 1/1 on turn 3 and I find it hilarious.

I wonder if broken combos would be useful for farming moneyz. If my account weren't tied to other games I'd even consider botting the brawl as I am sure tons of people do right now.

If the average game + search lasts around a minute at a 66.6% winrate that would be 120gph.

gutshot

I wonder if broken combos would be useful for farming moneyz. If my account weren't tied to other games I'd even consider botting the brawl as I am sure tons of people do right now.

If the average game + search lasts around a minute at a 66.6% winrate that would be 120gph.

Gold via 3 wins caps at 100g earned per day.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Somehow, Freeze Mage managed to be broken even in a world where you can only include two cards in your deck.

Edit: Somebody with more patience than me should run a Kezan Mystic and Forbidden Healing deck until they queue into one of these assholes.

fertygo

Somehow, Freeze Mage managed to be broken even in a world where you can only include two cards in your deck.

Edit: Somebody with more patience than me should run a Kezan Mystic and Forbidden Healing deck until they queue into one of these assholes.

just mill them yo

Hah, I was thinking about mechwarper earlier today. I just didn't care enough to try it out. I wasn't sure what the best second card would be though. Maybe some cheap cantrip like shiv or ancestral knowledge. The overload barely matters when you're playing 2/3s for free.

Shaman player exposed. You don't think it's ridiculous that a class can put out that many stats by turn 2?

LOL, plus it's not like the rogue deck is favored to win anyway.

Garou

LOL, Ice Block is the MVP of the Brawl. If the opponent starts playing minions only your own bad draw can kill you.

Yay, rank 5 in Hearthstone and Duelyst. :-D

My final Hearthstone opponent was an emote spammer. Let's just say I was happy to go down to the rope on the lethal turn before I played Rockbiter on my Doomhammer. ;-)

Top Bottom