• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

jgminto

Meanwhile I queued up as Patron and got C'thun Warrior, Control Warrior, Control Priest. I wish I could make this shit up. No one has worse luck with matchups than I do, full stop. I've sent messages to support saying my game was broken, it seems I can only queue against Anduin.
Control Priest shouldn't be that good against Patron, at least if they aren't running Excavated Evil.

Tarazet

Control Priest shouldn't be that good against Patron, at least if they aren't running Excavated Evil.

Those greedy fucks all run Excavated Evil, who are you fucking kidding? I wouldn't hate Priest so much if I didn't play literally half my games against that bitch.

jgminto

Those greedy fucks all run Excavated Evil, who are you fucking kidding? I wouldn't hate Priest so much if I didn't play literally half my games against that bitch.
It's more or less the bottom tier class so I'm totally fine with facing as many Priests as possible.

Tarazet

It's more or less the bottom tier class so I'm totally fine with facing as many Priests as possible.

Maybe I just need to grind my way out of the dumpster ranks with Aggro Shaman so that I can switch to Patron and feed on the meta decks. The heavy control presence in the 20-15 bracket hasn't changed a bit.

Dahbomb

Excavated Evil is a dumb card, shuffling it into the opponent's deck isn't even a downside.
It's not supposed to be a downside, it's supposed to counter aggro decks.

The downside is the symmetrical effect like Hellfire. Hellfire does damage to self too (which is very important when playing Handlock I can tell you that much) which is why it costs the 4 mana. EE puts the card in their deck.

However, EE is a considerable liability in a long drawn out game that will go into fatigue. That's an extra card you are giving them that could turn into an extra Legendary from Elise.

It's not supposed to be a downside, it's supposed to counter aggro decks.

The downside is the symmetrical effect like Hellfire. Hellfire does damage to self too (which is very important when playing Handlock I can tell you that much) which is why it costs the 4 mana. EE puts the card in their deck.

However, EE is a considerable liability in a long drawn out game that will go into fatigue. That's an extra card you are giving them that could turn into an extra Legendary from Elise.

Against those decks it should be a dead card anyway.

Messing around with Evolve and a 1 cost for this brawl. When my minion got to 5-cost, Naga. Fuck that.

Edit: Evolve and Bilefin Tidehunter it is then.

fertygo

How the fuck N'zoth pally got killed by EE anyway.. tbf you got killed by everything else that Priest using but whý mention EÈ

How the fuck N'zoth pally got killed by EE anyway.. tbf you got killed by everything else that Priest using but whý mention EÈ

I'm a little curious about this as well. I've played a lot of control paladin so I'm not sure how EE fits in the post-QM paladin vs priest meta.

I can see why entomb is potentially an infuriating card to go up against. But EE just ends up being a dead draw, but at least you're not deeper into fatigue.

Either way, I love seeing priest on ladder now, because the rogue match up vs priest remains solidly in the rogue's corner. I actually did lose once to priest because c'thun board cleared and I was 2 off lethal as a result. But I think that was more or less an odd result.

34,988 Armor

CiPVKXoUUAAoBeg.jpg

clav

Mech Warper + Metaltooth Leaper is definitely the best combo.

Game ends by turn 3 (coin) or 4. When you have 3 Mech Warpers, you play when you have 3 Mana available and unload everything.

Otherwise, for a neutral setup, Murloc Tidecaller and Grimscale Oracle work.

If you hate aggro, then a Priest with Doomsayer + Resurrect sometimes works. The other is Paladin with Humility + Forbidden Healing.

Mill Druid with Innverate/Naturalize + Coldlight Oracle is a counter for slow decks.

If you hate decks that rely on spells, then a Druid with Innervate + Loatheb works.

Zoggy

This brawl is mental.

Create deck
Get creamed by a better combo
Try that combo
Get creamed by an even better combo
etc...

its more rock paper scissors than anything.

some combos seem unbeatable then have a hard counter to them, which also has a hard counter which is weak to the first combo you saw.

Mech Warper + Metaltooth Leaper is definitely the best combo.

Game ends by turn 3 (coin) or 4. When you have 3 Mech Warpers, you play when you have 3 Mana available and unload everything.

Otherwise, for a neutral setup, Murloc Tidecaller and Grimscale Oracle work.

If you hate aggro, then a Priest with Doomsayer + Resurrect sometimes works. The other is Paladin with Humility + Forbidden Healing.

Mill Druid with Innverate/Naturalize + Coldlight Oracle is a counter for slow decks.

If you hate decks that rely on spells, then a Druid with Innervate + Loatheb works.

I've had most success still with Innervate Dr. Boom. It can slow down Mechwarper enough if you get it down turn 1, it beats naturalize and coldlight and most other tactics, since you're ok with drawing, wrathing, trading,... Haven't met much Ice Block yet though.

clav

warper/iron sensei >>>>

I think you can extend this to Mech Warper + Gorillabot.

Iron Sensei is too slow.

I've had most success still with Innervate Dr. Boom. It can slow down Mechwarper enough if you get it down turn 1, it beats naturalize and coldlight and most other tactics, since you're ok with drawing, wrathing, trading,... Haven't met much Ice Block yet though.

Hm. I'll give it a try. Sounds way too conditional though where as aggro will win most of the time.

I think you can extend this to Mech Warper + Gorillabot.

Iron Sensei is too slow.

Hm. I'll give it a try. Sounds way too conditional though where as aggro will win most of the time.

The place where sensei shines is that the +2 health to warpers make them obnoxious to remove for the opponent. I've also had ppl just concede when they probably had a chance to win. Like against a bolster warrior he had 4 dummies out by turn 2 w/ a bolster and couldve won but decided to just concede

clav

Just played an ice block mage with Dr. Boom Druid. Seems fairly reliable.

Annoying, but you just have to rely on the opponent for not drawing any more ice blocks.

I guess Tavern Brawl is an excuse to not dust your old cards yet.

The place where sensei shines is that the +2 health to warpers make them obnoxious to remove for the opponent. I've also had ppl just concede when they probably had a chance to win. Like against a bolster warrior he had 4 dummies out by turn 2 w/ a bolster and couldve won but decided to just concede

Doesn't work well if the other person is playing warpers, too.

Just played an ice block mage with Dr. Boom Druid. Seems fairly reliable.

Annoying, but you just have to rely on the opponent for not drawing any more ice blocks.

I guess Tavern Brawl is an excuse to not dust your old cards yet.

Doesn't work well if the other person is playing warpers, too.

yea definitely not

Dahbomb

Counter to the Warper decks are the Doomsayer/Frost Nova/Flame Leviathan decks.

You can also out race those decks with a Priest deck that uses the 1 drop Bomber and Mind Blasts. That deck pretty much kills by turn 4 no matter what.

The Darkshire Librarian/Fist of Jaraxxus deck is also pretty strong though it's a bit RNG dependent.

zoukka

Ice block/Fireball unbeatable unless you spefically play anti-secret cards (in which case you lose every other matchup)?

lol nvm my deck was retarded

Dahbomb

Ice block/Fireball unbeatable unless you spefically play anti-secret cards (in which case you lose every other matchup)?
Most aggressive decks beat it, they eventually run out of Ice Blocks to play. Like some of these decks can kill you by turn 4 and against that they are basically playing Ice Block every turn just to survive.

Honestly it's not too different from Frost Nova.

The Forbidden Heal Paladin deck or the Light of Naaru Priest deck beats it too.

Zoggy

tried out forbidden healing + eye for an eye.

matched up against soulfire+fist of jaraxxus warlock.

perfect game lol. all his fists were hitting my 1/1s

Lumine

Weird. I'm unable to play. First game of the day and it wouldn't find a game so I relaunched. Now it's stuck on "You were reconnected to your last game. Resuming..." except it never resumes. And it pops up every time I reboot the game. It's been stuck for a while now. I also probably lost my win streak. :(

Loomba

Had two 6/4 frothing beserker behind two taunts, he has one flamewaker.

He casts an excavating evil he got from a spellslinger then clears the two taunts and then the flamewaker hits both frothings.

I mean what the fuck. Some games are just straight up bullshit. No matter how you play you just get fucked by RNG. Some games are 100% unwinnable.

FeD.nL

Holy shit that Dog game just now.

Dog plays Aviana with Rag. Mage faceless'ed the Aviana > Ysera > Archthief > Reno to 30 > Archmage.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
If I came across that Mage deck I'd rage quit straight out too.

I had druid wins to get so I went for Echoing Ooze + Mark of Nature, worked well enough.

I liked forbidden shaping and light of naaru for this brawl, but then I saw someone playing rogue dropping a mech warper and went uh oh. Of course next turn he plays another mech warper and from there a bunch of iron sensei started buffing the board.

Ban mech warper lol

Top Bottom