• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

bjaelke

vy7DIo5.png

Thoughtsteal value

Ladekabel

I don't know if drafting 4 Spellslingers in Arena was the right choice but boy is it fun. Synergises with my Burly Rockjaw, too.

Spot the error:

If BGH wouldn't have been nerfed people wouldn't play the new card. All according to keikaku. But no one will ever play Gruul.

Pooya

this rogue is at fatigue and 9 health, plays yogg saron it gangs up itself, he plays yogg 2 times more, it doesn't draw a single card for him, instead he gets cabalist's tome, which gives him frost nova to stall my board then I lose. REALLY? This is like the fifth time I lost otherwise won games to yogg, playing a match for like 15 minutes, thinking about every turn to put myself in a better position in end game and for it to end like this.

har har har. so fun and good. playing control in this game with non sense like this and C'thun is worse than ever before.

Celegus

This has gotta be the dumbest brawl ever but at least it's quick free gold. 15-0 so far, have seen some pretty silly combos that obviously didn't work out.

Why the hell did they give rag light to paladin??? They already have the ultimate 8 mana minion, it's a freaking priest card, and the fact that it doesn't have the drawback that regular rags does is absolutely ridiculous

Why the hell did they give rag light to paladin??? They already have the ultimate 8 mana minion, it's a freaking priest card, and the fact that it doesn't have the drawback that regular rags does is absolutely ridiculous

An 8 mana 8/8 that heals for 8 every turn but does nothing else is absolutely terrible.

Spot the error:
Both of those cards existing at all?

BGH can't be the answer to a 7/7 common for 4. It just means every single deck on the planet would need to run BGH.

I'm more salty about Forbidden Healing. That card ALONE would have made Shadow Priest viable.

Instead Shadow Priest players have to rely on Tournament Medic an all kinds of ghetto healing options to stay alive.

br3wnor

This brawl is mental.

Create deck
Get creamed by a better combo
Try that combo
Get creamed by an even better combo
etc...

Lol yeah that was my experience. First I was doing Poison Blade + From Below with Rogue and was doing pretty good and then got destroyed by a "Preparation" plus the one where u place 3 cards in and ambush w/ a 4/4 any time opponent draws it. Of course I spent 400 dust just to make the ambush card to try that one out and got killed in the next 3 games.

Mechwarper + Metal Leaper is INSANE. Over by turn 3 most games.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just went with a simple whirlwind/frothing deck for brawl

people seem to like low mana minions so it works out alright

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
How are people cheating in the new Tavern Brawl? I just had a round where a Shaman played a good 5-6 cards with a 7 cost in one turn.

Somethings fucked up.

frequency

This week's Tavern Brawl was fun in the beginning but now it's all just boring Mechwarper decks.

I was hoping to get more mileage out of it. I had so many ideas of just fun combos I wanted to try. Now I'm sad.

This week's Tavern Brawl was fun in the beginning but now it's all just boring Mechwarper decks.

I was hoping to get more mileage out of it. I had so many ideas of just fun combos I wanted to try. Now I'm sad.
Tavern Brawls are good for one thing after the first day: completing dailies at a quick rate. It still accomplishes that, so I am happy. This kind of result was inevitable.

Forbidden Healing would be busted in priest. Embrace the Shadow and Auchenai Soulpriest are cards.
Change Forbidden Healing to "Target a friendly..."

I don't know why people even make posts like this when the solutions are so obvious.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I don't know why people even make posts like this when the solutions are so obvious.

That's true. Maybe preist could get a lot more healling in general if they just added this. It is weird Paladin's a better healer than priest, and it's probably all thanks to Auchenai Soulpriest and no "friendly" text existing on heal cards.

Maybe they like the Trollden videos of paladin getting Auchenai or Priest getting Forbidden Healing off some weird random thing.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
You need to be quite a bit more specific than that.

He played Everyfin is awesome, which is a 7 cost card. I didn't notice that it cost less for each Murloc, so damn...nice strategy.

It was being combined with the Murloc that spawns a Murloc. I forget the name.

Levi

Banned

You didn't say "Give Priest a Similar Card" you said give them Forbidden Healing, so insulting me for not reading your mind and figuring out you actually wanted to give them a completely different card is pretty fucking scummy.

Priest has plenty of healing. It's not my fault if you want to dump your hero power for an aggressive one. Guess what, there's a downside to that.

Anyway, why even pretend like you give a shit about Priest since all you do is play aggro Shaman anyway? Aren't you the guy who claims the game is pay to win but then you take a cheap deck (in both senses of the word) to rank five every season?

I'm not even sure why I should give even a second's thought to your balance ideas anyway. You think Shield Slam, a situational removal that is frequently a dead card vs aggro needs a nerf, but that Hex for 3 mana, perhaps the best hard removal in the entire fucking game, is perfectly fine. You want everyone to pick the cards in their opening hands and you go on and on about some other shitty card game being better. Well, go play that one.

FeD.nL

That's true. Maybe preist could get a lot more healling in general if they just added this. It is weird Paladin's a better healer than priest, and it's probably all thanks to Auchenai Soulpriest and no "friendly" text existing on heal cards.

Maybe they like the Trollden videos of paladin getting Auchenai or Priest getting Forbidden Healing off some weird random thing.

Depends how you define better healer. Priest has the most efficient heals in the game while paladin has the most powerful .

Xanathus

I've stopped posting in this thread for a long time because there are a lot of new players who've came into it over the past year thinking they're hot shit (while struggling to hit rank 5) and posting ridiculously stupid opinions and bad decks with "12-0" winrates (without mentioning their rank). To be fair the game has become very mainstream and people are entitled to their opinions but the overall discussion in this thread has dropped tremendously recently with the influx of newer players. If you want actually good opinions on cards, decks, and meta choices just stick to r/competitivehs like me.

One amazing example of how different the opinions are between good and bad players is when Mistcaller was first revealed. I remember everyone in the r/hearthstone thread about it (and here) were gushing about what an amazing card it is and I was thinking how too slow it is. Checked r/competitivehs and everyone there understood why it wasn't a good card.

You didn't say "Give Priest a Similar Card" you said give them Forbidden Healing, so insulting me for not reading your mind and figuring out you actually wanted to give them a completely different card is pretty fucking scummy.

Priest has plenty of healing. It's not my fault if you want to dump your hero power for an aggressive one. Guess what, there's a downside to that.

Anyway, why even pretend like you give a shit about Priest since all you do is play aggro Shaman anyway? Aren't you the guy who claims the game is pay to win but then you take a cheap deck (in both senses of the word) to rank five every season?

I'm not even sure why I should give even a second's thought to your balance ideas anyway. You think Shield Slam, a situational removal that is frequently a dead card vs aggro needs a nerf, but that Hex for 3 mana, perhaps the best hard removal in the entire fucking game, is perfectly fine. You want everyone to pick the cards in their opening hands and you go on and on about some other shitty card game being better. Well, go play that one.
Any time you change a card's faction, it's obvious it might need some tuning. I have me laughing at "scummy"!

I want Shadowform to WORK. It doensn't right now. Zero play in the competitive arena. The closest is Kibler's Reno Shadowpriest.

I want to play Control eventually. I am working on trying Shadow Dragonpriest to make Shadowform viable, and then I will try Shadow N'Zoth Priest. Unfortunately, because this game is pay to win, I have to spend a lot more time grinding out the cards I need for these decks since I'm not willing to spend more than the $100 I gave Blizzard this last month. The only reason I hit rank 5 with midrange Hunter is that I paid to win by buying 3 Naxx wings for Mad Scientist, by the way. The game is totally pay to win. Unfortunately, in trying to make Shadowform work this season, I dropped from rank 10 to rank 20, so I did the smart thing and grinded up to 5 in a week with midrange Shaman. Now I can relax and experiment with Shadowform without worrying about my rank at all. :)

Hex is fine if Polymorph is fine. It costs less, but Shaman usually has to deal with Overload, so you have to consider that class issue, and Shaman can't just ping it for 1 so they lose some face pressure dealing with the frog as well. I think both cards work well for their respective classes if we accept transmogrifying effects.

I don't want people to pick their opening hands - I've never said that, and I even argued against it.

I do think Duelyst is a better game than Hearthstone, but right now I am playing both, and as of last night I hit rank 5 in both games for the month. :-D I plan on trying to take Duelyst to legendary, though, and I'm happy grinding out quests in Hearthstone until I can make the Shadowdragon Priest deck I want to try. But apparently making comments on how Hearthstone could improve itself means I should stop playing? That logic is like when people say you should leave the United States if you don't like something the government does. It just makes no sense!

Later the month, since school is almost over (YAY!), I plan on trying some other card games too, and I might reflect on them as well! I am looking at Spellweaver, Infinity Wars, Hex, Infinity Wars, and Pox Nora next!

I've stopped posting in this thread for a long time because there are a lot of new players who've came into it over the past year thinking they're hot shit (while struggling to hit rank 5) and posting ridiculously stupid opinions and bad decks with "12-0" winrates (without mentioning their rank). To be fair the game has become very mainstream and people are entitled to their opinions but the overall discussion in this thread has dropped tremendously recently with the influx of newer players. If you want actually good opinions on cards, decks, and meta choices just stick to r/competitivehs like me.

One amazing example of how different the opinions are between good and bad players is when Mistcaller was first revealed. I remember everyone in the r/hearthstone thread about it (and here) were gushing about what an amazing card it is and I was thinking how too slow it is. Checked r/competitivehs and everyone there understood why it wasn't a good card.
I guess you're just too good for this thead, haha.

gutshot

Made a Hellfire and Darkbomb deck to farm these stupid Mechwarper Hunters. Only thing is you pretty much have to get the coin to win. Is there another deck out there that can beat them more consistently?

frequency

Made a Hellfire and Darkbomb deck to farm these stupid Mechwarper Hunters. Only thing is you pretty much have to get the coin to win. Is there another deck out there that can beat them more consistently?

I've yet to lose to Mechwarper decks with Murloc Tidecaller + Grimscale Oracle.

They'll die before they get to do anything.

Tavern Brawls are good for one thing after the first day: completing dailies at a quick rate. It still accomplishes that, so I am happy. This kind of result was inevitable.

they already have flash heal for a similar effect. I don't know why people even make posts like this when the solutions are so obvious.

they already have flash heal for a similar effect. I don't know why people even make posts like this when the solutions are so obvious.
+6 health is as good as +20 health?

In a late game match of attrition, which is what Shadowform excels in, you can spend your 10 mana on 3 board damage and +18 health with Forbidden Heal, or 3 mana on 3 board damage and +6 health. The former is MUCH more appealing for this kind of gameplay. Especially if you consider two heals: +40 vs +12. Massive difference in gains.

Dahbomb

Not everyone plays the game from a competitive mindset, in fact most people don't.

And the people here who called Mistcaller good were those who generally just come here during expansion time and then disappear once the game gets stale. Most of the regulars here knew that card was garbage.

When everyone is running the same netdeck what's so competitive about that? I just don't understand the point of putting down people who have an opinion not aligned with the meta/hearthstone pros.

Apathy

I used mechwarper and gorillabot to do mine yesterday but i was thinking about some other possible combinations

What about:
cult sorcerer + arcane blast
Shieldbearer + inner fire
Lightwell + inner fire
Frost nova + frostbolt (obvious)
wild pyro + equality (really slow)
Innervate + a 6 or 7 drop
Innervate + New Deathwing

I like that there isn't one 2 card combination that can beat everything

frequency

It's not very good but I had fun with Far Sight + Rockbiter.

Trying to think what else I can pair Far Sight with. Not familiar enough with Shaman to know what 3 mana cards they have.

I also had some fun with the 0 mana card that buffs totem health and the 0/3 totem that gives adjacent minions +2 damage.

(I hadn't played Hearthstone in a long time so I forget the names of cards now)

Renounce + Flame Imp can be pretty fun too. Flame Imp just for if you don't get the coin and need something on board for turn 1 against the faster combos.

Dahbomb

how you beat the iceblock ones?
Just standard aggression works fine with Hunter. You put them in a situation very early on where they are forced to use Ice Block every turn and eventually they will have a turn where they don't have a Block in their hand.

You can also play a Curse of Rafaam deck.

Bizazedo

And the people here who called Mistcaller good were those who generally just come here during expansion time and then disappear once the game gets stale. Most of the regulars here knew that card was garbage.
Yep.

Xanathus, this thread pretty much accurately pegged Mistcaller as being bad.

Sure, you are always going to get a variety of opinions here, but if you are calm and read most posts, overall it seems fine.

Cherry picking only works in hockey, not message board threads :).

Top Bottom