• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

fertygo

What is with literally everyone playing priest at rank 7-8, FOURTH priest in a row. Everyone running double entomb double death too. zzz

Wanna make me queue Shaman

Yeah I thought Priest is tier 4 man, but my most match is with dude that running 2 EE and 2 novas'

where the fuck dem tier 1 OP Shaman man..

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
What is with literally everyone playing priest at rank 7-8, FOURTH priest in a row. Everyone running double entomb double death too. zzz

Wanna make me queue Shaman

2 Death and 2 Entomb is the standard in every priest list it seems. I always play like my opponent has 2 of each unless its obvious they are a Reno deck. Just the state of things these days.

Levi

Banned
Not sure what to switch to. Outside of C'Thun Shaman there hasn't really been a deck I've found myself latching on to in the new expansion.

I'm enjoying Tempo Warrior a lot. I think I'll play Control Paladin next season though. I'm trying not to change decks up too much other than tech choices because I feel like my win rate will be better if I pick a strongish deck and stick with it, although I am starting to feel the itch to try new things.

I've been hovering between 14 and 15 for the last two days.

Every time I think I have a chance out, I run into some of the weirdest decks.

It's been interesting, to say the least.

Ran into one of those priests... beat him with one of my worst draws as malyrogue... loved every minute of stomping that flavor of the minute deck into the ground. And people say this meta is bad? I'm loving it.

Also, I always imagined priest being good. Priest tends to always be strong against shaman. I would even say without excavated evil they would still be strong against shaman because shaman almost always relies on board control and priest often relies on board clears via auchenai or wild pyro etc.. No surprise to see priest being a good meta pick right now.

Ran into one of those priests... beat him with one of my worst draws as malyrogue... loved every minute of stomping that flavor of the minute deck into the ground. And people say this meta is bad? I'm loving it.

Also, I always imagined priest being good. Priest tends to always be strong against shaman. I would even say without excavated evil they would still be strong against shaman because shaman almost always relies on board control and priest often relies on board clears via auchenai or wild pyro etc.. No surprise to see priest being a good meta pick right now.
Are you saying Priest is a good meta pick against Shaman?

Dahbomb

A Priest decked fully anti aggro can beat an Aggro Shaman, sure.

Beating a Midrange Shaman is way sketchier though.

Most of these Priests online however are decked to counter Nzoth Paladin though.

fertygo

Made sense, can't beat Shaman? let gang up zoo and paladin.. I'd say this what cause influx of Warrior and Priest all of sudden

Are you saying Priest is a good meta pick against Shaman?

There are so many different shaman decks, as well as priest, that I can't say that. But yeah, typically priest is quite strong against shaman.

I'll clarify my earlier language since it probably sent mixed messages. As I said they tend to perform well, they seem popular atm, I am going to guess that they are strong now. I haven't played priest or much shaman* for that matter, so I only intended to say that priest is generally strong against shaman. So it very well might be a good meta pick against shaman atm.

Also going by what dahbomb is saying about it being good vs paladin (makes sense, entomb = so frustrating) that priest is fairly good against at least 2 top decks.

edit*
I have played a ton of shaman in the past though. I can see that shaman is weak to it. There are new cards though so I can't say for sure about midrange cause they sometimes just get incredibly strong openings and the 7/7 out early that priest might just die before it has a chance.

I might grind out 100 wins in Tavern Brawl for the gold tonight...

There are so many different shaman decks, as well as priest, that I can't say that. But yeah, typically priest is quite strong against shaman.

I'll clarify my earlier language since it probably sent mixed messages. As I said they tend to perform well, they seem popular atm, I am going to guess that they are strong now. I haven't played priest or much shaman* for that matter, so I only intended to say that priest is generally strong against shaman. So it very well might be a good meta pick against shaman atm.

Also going by what dahbomb is saying about it being good vs paladin (makes sense, entomb = so frustrating) that priest is fairly good against at least 2 top decks.

edit*
I have played a ton of shaman in the past though. I can see that shaman is weak to it. There are new cards though so I can't say for sure about midrange cause they sometimes just get incredibly strong openings and the 7/7 out early that priest might just die before it has a chance.
I can see where you are coming from - thank you for clarifying.

Levi

Banned
If you had the power to reintroduce to standard two cards currently in wild, which would you choose?

I would love to have Loatheb and Death's Bite back.

Does anyone know how to minimize disconnects on an iPhone 5S?

I've lost about 4 games this week to this shit, even on Wi-Fi.

Connection Juggler needs to be nerfed.

If you had the power to reintroduce to standard two cards currently in wild, which would you choose?

Oh fk those cards man. Those would be among the top 2 I would not want lol
laugh.gif

Gallywix, never had a chance to shine because of cards like dr. boom.

Other niche legendary cards too. Maybe even troggzor.

The worst thing they could do is re-add auto-include cards that are extremely high on the power curve... like loatheb and death's bite. That undoes exactly what they meant to do with standard imo.

Those are good choices. Maybe mine as well, though I also miss Haunted Creeper in my Hunter deck...

clav

Dragon Priest sucks.

Loses to C'Thun decks because of no light bomb. It doesn't have any good answers to that 4/2 Shield C'Thun drop nor the Twin Emperors.

Loses to control decks.

clav

I miss Muster in my paladin decks. Also Sludge Belcher would be great, since most taunt minions such nowadays. I mean, freakkin' Taz Dingo is even getting played again. :/ Need something to stop the aggro.

Muster was so broken especially (and still is) in Arena.

I miss Muster in my paladin decks. Also Sludge Belcher would be great, since most taunt minions such nowadays. I mean, freakkin' Taz Dingo is even getting played again. :/ Need something to stop the aggro.

I miss secret paladin, I think the new Paladin Bubble card has a place in wild secret paladin, once I stock up on dust again I may build it.

I hit the win limit for 100g today. :(

Also, I fought a deck that beat my Mech Hunter handily: Mana Wraith. No idea what the second card was! Probably a buff of some sort.

firebrat is playing only OTK decks in this tourney, apparently amnesiac did too. he has some crazy ass OTK Priest now.

before that a freeze mage with no secrets and a 35 hp OTK. after that was worgen OTK with no patrons

No heat signatures on the actual deck (where you can get info about cards remaining in deck).

I see you son...

It's mouse clicks, so me hovering my mouse over the deck wouldn't appear on that map. On my mouse movement map however...

a9RTg9F.png

Yeah, not nearly as easy to get interesting info out of this one.

I'm dedicated to Paladin, I don't even own cards for most of the other classes anymore. Secret Paladin was awesome.

Then you deserve every bit of what you're getting now.

Shaman for life.

Finally, after a day of trying to not rank down to 15, made it to 13 after some clutch Shaman dittos.

I made rank 12 last month and I was super happy with my progress. I want to hit rank 10 this month, if not higher.

Then you deserve every bit of what you're getting now.

Shaman for life.

Finally, after a day of trying to not rank down to 15, made it to 13 after some clutch Shaman dittos.

I made rank 12 last month and I was super happy with my progress. I want to hit rank 10 this month, if not higher.

Awesome N'Zoth Pally? Getting preyed upon by Priests is only a temporary setback.

Secret Paladin was so budget friendly, I didn't even need the adventures to make below rank 10

Tempo warror is kind of fun. Varian wry not is a good late game card.

Just beat a yogg-Saron Mage that pyroblasted itself. Also polymorphed and frost bolted yogg.

scarlet

Totally agreed with the post from few pages ago that said the brawl is RPS. There's no ultimate combo

Have to say I'm loving mana wyrm + frost nova, I'm not afraid of mechs and murlocs anymore. But I've to concede when I met taunt or destroy minion cards.

Feel bad for this guy

clav

Zombie Chow + Loatheb for Neutrals.

Shielded Minibot + Lightbomb for classes.

Top Bottom