• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Tarazet

LMAO the Doomsayer-Mind Blast priest combo on this week's brawl is so damn nasty, still can't get defeated after 10 games, come at me.

I beat one of those with Renounce Darkness. If you become Paladin, and you're not up against one of the supercheese combos, you basically win.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Zombie Chow + Loatheb for Neutrals.

Shielded Minibot + Lightbomb for classes.

I would personally bring back none of those. Stuff I'd like to see come back is Echo of Medivh and the two neutral Troggs, Baron Rivendare. Stuff that is unique, has a niche and can help support a deck, but wasn't OP and in nearly every deck at the time.

clav

Cabal cards love Minibot.

no to all of these.

actually lightbomb can stay.

give priests more options than to just be thieving pieces of shit.

Playing Priest in Standard format is rough. I think even if Lightbomb were still in the meta, it can't remove a lot of new cards since their health values are higher than their attack values.

I find myself using all my time every turn since Priest decks don't allow room for error compared to other classes.

If you're playing a N'zoth deck on Priest, then it's a lot easier. Just play deathrattle minions.

Laddering doesn't seem like an option for players who only spent money on adventures if they want to play control.

bjaelke

thieving pieces of shit.

Greedy fucks.

u6JzNlS.gif

Acerac

Banned
My opponent in arena had lethal, then dropped mad bomber with 8 minions on the field, killing their buccaneer and leaving them one short. If they had created a new weapon before dropping him they would have been fine.

Thanks for the BM.

I would personally bring back none of those. Stuff I'd like to see come back is Echo of Medivh and the two neutral Troggs, Baron Rivendare. Stuff that is unique, has a niche and can help support a deck, but wasn't OP and in nearly every deck at the time.
I'd love duplicate back too.

And yeah I really wouldn't want any of the Super strong cards back, there's a reason they rotated out immediately. Minibot and deaths bite are broken, Loatheb was in almost every single deck, he should've never been a 5/5 for 5, that's too efficient.

I want stuff like hobgoblin, explosive sheep, ships cannon, jeeves, Kezan Mystic, tree of life, feign death, echo, bolvar, voljin, ancestors call back. Cards that didn't dominate the meta but are unique and fill an important niche in the meta.

Ladekabel

Games are quick enough in this brawl that I bothered to do the brawl quest for the first time ever. Put a golden Mind Blast in and not every Mind Blast was golden. That was quite disappointing.

Pooya

So they published every deck list players are bringing to Spring prelims tomorrow, now everyone knows what they're playing against, it's kinda boring now.

I guess when you showed up on stream you were in a disadvantage before and they want to remove that but if this is the norm in future, all the mind games with bans and such is gone.

edit:

like, this guy is bringing malyrogue with doomsayer, how cool is that. now it's spoiled.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/543100-ignites-rogue-europe-spring-preliminary-2016

Szadek

The brawl is good.
Astral communion(innovate could work,too) + Deathwing is a bit slow, but awesome when it works.

Power Word glory + mindblast is also fun.

So they published every deck list players are bringing to Spring prelims tomorrow, now everyone knows what they're playing against, it's kinda boring now.

I guess when you showed up on stream you were in a disadvantage before and they want to remove that but if this is the norm in future, all the mind games with bans and such is gone.

edit:

like, this guy is bringing malyrogue with doomsayer, how cool is that. now it's spoiled.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/543100-ignites-rogue-europe-spring-preliminary-2016
wow that's really fucking lame

cHinzo

edit:

Lol why would they do that? -_- ruins the whole surprise factor for some of these guys.

Milennia

Lol why would they do that? -_- ruins the whole surprise factor for some of these guys.

According to xixo Twitter it seems like they had known about these since he said he can't link the decklists but he had them as of early yesterday.

He even posted his lists happily on his own Twitter before these were posted and he's fairly competitive and hasn't done that before a tourney before so idk

Xanathus

edit:

IMHO the bigger problem with the HS tourneys is the Conquest format. In that format all players are encouraged to bring the most generic "ladder" decks that can beat any other deck so even if you know their exact decklist it doesn't matter because most people aren't going to be bringing in decks with secret tech cards to hard counter other decks. Compare this to Last Hero Standing where you can easily 3-0 another player's line-up if you tech your decks out and that's where making unique decks comes into play.

Ken

Yogg so good. Facing a full board of evolved minions with just Yogg in hand he AoE silences, then board clears with that one Warlock spell, then Thoughtsteals me a Hex to use on my opponent's Al'Akir the next turn.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This Brawl is legit.

While there are some cheese combos there are some other random ass combos that I see that make me go woaahhh never thought of that.

Cider X

Golden priest finally obtained! That said, Nzoth priest is not doing as good as I had hoped. Some of these aggro decks are out of control and if you don't draw any answers in time it's game over.

apparently this shaman deck is really good? /and cheap/ It's not aggro. it seems to beat other disgusting decks like new zoolock very easily.

Yeah it'll handle the new Zoolock well because you've got a lot of board clear options.

Having Doomhammer + 2 Rockbiters means one you hit 7 mana you can lethal from 16 health, but I rarely have a situation where saving the second rockbiter is a good play.

Bloodlust gives you unexpected lethal setups too.

Azure drake and your totems help you get max value out of lightning storm.

Cult master makes trading your lower mama minions efficient, and of course the more bodies you have up by the time you have Bloodlust and/or Rockbiter, the better.

I'd almost call it a tempo Shaman deck, because it requires you to have more of a board presence than the other guy but it lets you set that up rather easily.

My deck is similar, but it's more totem / midrange. I don't have Faceless but I have Thunder Bluff Valiants, and the 1/1 for each totem card I can't remember the name of. No Cult Master, another Mana Tide Totem. A Master of Evolution and a second 1/1 totem buff instead of the Azure Drakes.

For me playing around board clears is the most difficult thing about Totem Shaman. Too easy to put everything on the board and buff it, only to get hit with Consecration, Blizzard, or Lightning Storm.

Lightning Storm decides most Shaman dittos. Don't let those spell damage totems stay on the board!

Owzers

Step 1: Remind yourself to get card draw in arena

Step 2: Pass up three card draw options because minions are so enticing

Step 3: Run out of cards in arena.

fertygo

Step 1: Remind yourself to get card draw in arena

Step 2: Pass up three card draw options because minions are so enticing

Step 3: Run out of cards in arena.

Win faster, card draw didn't really matter in arena.. its nice but really you want ti decide game in 10 turn

Rogue should never pick Sprint

Card draw in body is ultra nice tho

Owzers

I keep picking baby yogg as a mage, i had brann down, Vaporize and...Powershot killing brann and my 4/2 taunt guy. Amazing.

It enabled midrange Paladin to be a thing. I liked that deck. =(

Midrange Paladin was my ladder deck for like 3 months before Standard. The deck got absolutely gutted. I want to try N'Zoth Paladin, but I need to craft Rag Lightlord, N'Zoth, and 2X Forbidden Healing. That's 4,000 dust right there for 1 deck. I have it, but I don't know if I want to commit that much dust to a single deck, especially when N'Zoth is the only card that could actually get played in other decks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
There is just no way to make mini Yogg into a playable card with that effect. It either swings so hard for you or against you that the outcomes are too disparate. When it goes bad it will GO BAD. It has too much potential to be a game losing play, and sadly that isn't what you want in Arena or constructed. Unlike Yogg itself which comes much later and has so many effects that it ends up balancing out the bad with the good. The mage one is just too random in a bad way.

Tacitus_ said:
Firebat just did 28 damage from hand with spells
Fun and Interactive. Thanks Blizz!

Miletius

I used target dummy + evolve in the latest brawl. I didn't lose a single game, but I didn't run into any of the super combos here. I just eventually got way ahead of anybody else, epecially if I made sure to space things out so I had totems.

Daigoro

i got to rank 10 with midrange hunter this month, then i hit a rut.

decided to try out miracle rogue and im back at rank 18 :eek: im obviously bad, but man i suck with this deck. its really fun deck though and i want to learn it, but its a bit soul crushing winning like 1-5 with it.

feels bad.

rahji

I used the mastiff spell and kill command at the brawl. Very short games.
Today i had some fun in arena with two rogue decks. 8 and 6 wins are much better than recent tries in arena

Top Bottom