• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ViviOggi

If this Leeroy stuff ends up being more than a fad that mythical second nerf wave might become reality after all. Combos, chargers and OTKs are what Brode's nightmares are made of.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I actually forgot that cards like bomb lobber and flamecannon were rotating out, so a stealthed auctioneer doesn't have a legitimate answer for most classes.

And yeah, fuck leeroy. Even post nerf it's the same thing Golem had, the downside doesn't exist when you're dead.

Ken

huh, so opponent had dark peddler and tentacle of n'zoth

i had c'thun's chosen with divine shield and fiery war axe

my chosen attacks peddler, i attack tentacle after with hero but the tentacle deathrattle killed my chosen with 2 health?

so I got enough dust to craft two legendaries or a gold one. Main ones I'm missing are cairne and rag. May craft cairne for nzoth decks I play but not sure how many decks use rag outside of like tempo warrior
I just like Ragnaros are a general 8-drop. I use him in my Hunter deck. :-D I just think he's cool, so I splash him around...

Do you already have N'Zoth? That strikes me as the #1 craft right now. It's definitely my next legendary.

yea nzoth and deathwing were pretty much the only neutral legendaries I cared about from WoToG. The only other legendary is maybe twin emperor but havent really found a cthun deck I like. I'm testing a druid dragon cthun deck to see what it's like but idk. May try warrior instead

Acerac

Banned
Ah okay, cause original miracle rogue was all about van cleef. Back then van cleef started with stealth too. You would play novice engineer, shadowstep, novice, shadowstep, etc.. huge vancleef that is in stealth... before my time though. They nerfed a ton of rogue cards when they wiped the game in closed beta.

Aww I ain't THAT old school. What was it, he had -1/-1 and auto-stealth compared to current VC? Classy!

fertygo

I did it brehs ;__;

PjWWaMZ.jpg

only take half year.. uhmm

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
What is THE anti-control deck? I despise them. I want to bash their goddamn faces in. Last meta Murlocadin roflstomped them with impunity. Now Murlocadin is gone since Ole Murk Eye was singled out. The deck is missing 16 burst damage and that's brutal.

Maybe I can make something and it'll still work.

Anyway. What's the anti-control deck?

Edit: Yes Murlocadin was a control deck. But sometimes you gotta be what hate to right the wrongs in the world.

I did it brehs ;__;

PjWWaMZ.jpg

only take half year.. uhmm

that hearthstone deck tracker assist. i see you on that

What is THE anti-control deck? I despise them. I want to bash their goddamn faces in. Last meta Murlocadin roflstomped them with impunity. Now Murlocadin is gone since Ole Murk Eye was singled out. The deck is missing 16 burst damage and that's brutal.

Edit: Yes Murlocadin was a control deck. But sometimes you gotta be what hate to right the wrongs in the world.

combo or teched control priest is anti control. Mill as well works sometimes

Dahbomb

Murlocdin is a combo deck.

Anti Control decks on paper are Combo decks. So Freeze Mage and Miracoli. Some Midrange decks do well against Control decks too (like Shaman) but right now Combo decks are doing well against the 3 main control decks (Priest, Paladin, Warlock). Control Warrior kinda negates the edge that combo decks have by putting them on a clock after which the damage required to finish is too high.

You can also use Renolock to beat Control because of Jaraxxus. There's also the Mill strategy.

coolasj19

I dusted stuff. Edwin or Leeroy? I want to smash control decks.
I dusted all the golden rares I won't use and Maexenna. I crafted both.
I decided I can disenchant another 4 legendaries of I ever want to craft Lord Jarraxus.

KuroNeeko

As a Priest player, I find that Rogue is almost always a poor matchup. I think my win percentage against Miracle and Freeze mage is like...around or less than 10~20%.

Face Shaman is also pretty good because of all the damage you can crank out. If the control (priest) deck doesn't have an early answer, they can lose by turn 5 or so.

#Come at me, bro!

coolasj19

Edwin is no good, since any control deck will be ready to deal with the shaman 7/7.
Leeroy? Just make a rocketeer.
I like you.
Unfortunately, you're too late. I've already had my first game against a Control Warrior where I forgot to put Leeroy in the deck.
As a Priest player, I find that Rogue is almost always a poor matchup. I think my win percentage against Miracle and Freeze mage is like...around or less than 10~20%.
Face Shaman is also pretty good because of all the damage you can crank out. If the control (priest) deck doesn't have an early answer, they can lose by turn 5 or so.
#Come at me, bro!
I WILL BE YOUR DEATH
as soon as I learn how the hell to play this deck.

Dahbomb

If you can't craft Leeroy then you can play the Southsea Deckhand plus Faceless combo.

You kinda want Xaril too and Vancleef is pretty good. If you can't get Van Cleef then Violet Teachers are a good option.

Mulgrok

prettttty good to get there without doomhamer. I'm at 8...with all the doomhammers i can wield.

Just before WotOG I got to rank 5 easy with a totem shaman deck I made. I would have loved the new hammer instead of doom for it, because I used weapons for removal mostly.

Unless you make a 14/14 with stealth like I did in a recent game.

I put deadly shot in my midrange hunter deck for all the stealthed/shaman stuff. My winrate vs. rogues went up to 90% :p

fertygo

its just me or Feral Spirit is the card that made Shaman so strong right now, its the one that enabling other OP card shenanigan

Tarazet

From TGT: Justicar and Gormok. Varian has been brought into the meta due to Tempo Warrior.

Sjow has been running Rafaam instead. I also tried Ysera, I have yet to actually play either of them before I won or lost though.. I'm not sure I see the value. If you need another finisher after Rag and Grom, you probably fucked up somewhere along the line.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sjow has been running Rafaam instead. I also tried Ysera, I have yet to actually play either of them before I won or lost though.. I'm not sure I see the value. If you need another finisher after Rag and Grom, you probably fucked up somewhere along the line.
If the mirror goes into top-decking mode, Varian could turn the tide. That's why. It's why some Miracle players run Yogg, for the x-factor.

Such a bs arena match right now. Playing mage have a decent deck. Plays forbidden ritual for chromaggus giving him 2 sylvanas, new deathwing, 2 sylvanas and mind controls my 6/4

What do I draw, spider tank, creeper, 1 drops, my deck doesn't even have a low curve all I needed was malygos plus the damage I had in hand.

Owzers

Lost three or four in a row making a ladder effort. Beast hunters are doing quite well against my totem effort. That turn 8 always Call of the Wild.

Dahbomb

Rafaam is slower than even Varian. That deck does run a few taunts and charge minions for Varian to hit something that can impact the board in a significant way on the same turn.

Edwin is no good, since any control deck will be ready to deal with the shaman 7/7.

Leeroy? Just make a rocketeer.

Van Cleef is actually really good atm. There are not a ton of decks running silence and hard removal. And typically you get a 6/6 for 3 mana very easily (sometimes as early as turn 2-3)... and even flamewreath'd or whatever it's called has nothing on that, which costs 6 if you pay the overload. Then it sometimes just gets out of hand being a 8/8 or 10/10... it allows you to race against more aggressive decks.

squidyj

Van Cleef is actually really good atm. There are not a ton of decks running silence and hard removal. And typically you get a 6/6 for 3 mana very easily (sometimes as early as turn 2-3)... and even flamewreath'd or whatever it's called has nothing on that, which costs 6 if you pay the overload. Then it sometimes just gets out of hand being a 8/8 or 10/10... it allows you to race against more aggressive decks.

I feel like there might be a card that rogue has that helps high value targets stick to the board for a turn in a way shaman can't.

Forget what the card is called though. /s

I feel like there might be a card that rogue has that helps high value targets stick to the board for a turn in a way shaman can't.

Forget what the card is called though. /s

Not every miracle list even runs conceal though. Occasionally I get the stealth toxin and that is great, however van cleef is often a big enough distraction to just buy me time and that is almost always enough. I know where you're coming from though I think VC > flamewreathed even without conceal tbh.

Schnauzer

Poor priest.
Hearthstats shows priest at less than 1% at the top.
VvT91Rr.png

To make matters worse 0 finalists used priests in the big tournament.

On a side note, this is probably the worst balance yet.

Dahbomb

Especially when pretty much every deck is running multiple 4-attack minions.
Same issue that Priest has had since inception of the game though at least now they have Entomb.

Gadgetan, Cairne, Druid of the Claw, Yetis, Ysera, Azure Drakes, Twilight Drakes were always the bane of Priest's existance.

In GvG they at least had Shrinkmeister to reduce the 4 attack low enough to get stolen by Cabal. I miss that card, a very solid Priest card.

Dahbomb

Firebat also brought OTK priest into Starladder. And just like every other OTK priest deck it failed miserably.
He brought that deck to the EU prelims too and got a couple of wins with it.

But yeah that deck is suspect as all hell. Much better, stable combo decks to use.

Top Bottom